That's It, Microsoft Needs to do something (250 GB PS3 - $350)

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By TheHBK

I don't know what MS is thinking.  They are getting bitch slapped in my view right now.  I have my xbox sitting there and the only thing I have popped in there lately is my friends copy of ODST when I take it to his house to get some Horde mode on.
Now Sony announces that Nov. 3 a 250 Gig PS3 will be out for $350.  Thats only 50 dollars more than the 120
I have seen nothing aggressive from MS in terms of pricing and must have games.  Forza looks amazing and COD6 will be out on the PS3 and xbox so thats a no win there.  But Uncharted 2 is the fucking shit!  I need to see MS drop the Elite price to $250 or something because at 300 bucks and now the higher end one at 350, a PS3 seems so compelling.  While MS is sitting there thinking that a 400 special edition MW2 xbox will do anything.  All it does is serve to show how fucked up MS is with their pricing.
MS needs to do something bigger, bolder to get further ahead of sony, because that lead they have is due to being a year out the gate and it will disappear.  It is amazing to see them still charging so much for accessories and not have their consoles sell cheaper.  They were aggressive launching a year early.  But they have lost that aggressiveness when it is clear, sony finally has their act together.
So I digress, what else do you think MS can do to keep their lead or is Sony's momentum too much?

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I think they are fine.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Akeldama

they are doing just fine. Sony is merely stepping up to what they should have been long ago.  

Although i do agree Uncharted is phenomenal.  

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

They don't need to be aggressive this Holiday season because of the MW2 bundle and Forza 3 bundle. The MW2 bundle is going to look soooo nice under Christmas trees this year and I have a feeling it will sell a lot. Sony's the one who should and IS being aggressive because they're trying to match the cheaper prices of the 360 and they had to come out with the Slim. I don't know why they're not doing an Uncharted 2 bundle for Christmas... Microsoft always has the really good bundles, I find. 

Besides - Microsoft still has wayyy too much sales in NA. Think about it - it's barely selling in Japan, yet it's still leading in sales. It's going to be tough for Sony to outsell them here. It's no surprise that the PS3 is leading over in Japan, and it's no surprise the 360 is leading over here.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By m1k3

LOL its funny how this time the MS supporter are getting mad... the fanboy wars goes on as it has tipped the other way. I paid $500 for my 360 and $600 for my PS3 and it doesn't bother me.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

I still don't get how this sort of thing is that big a deal to anyone. Who cares which console is going to outsell which? No one cares that the Wii outsells the other two consoles by miles, so why does it matter that the PS3 might have a price advantage?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy
@m1k3 said:

" LOL its funny how this time the MS supporter are getting mad... the fanboy wars goes on as it has tipped the other way. I paid $500 for my 360 and $600 for my PS3 and it doesn't bother me. "

The "fanboy wars" goes on because of inane comments like this.  

@AgentJ said:
" I still don't get how this sort of thing is that big a deal to anyone. Who cares which console is going to outsell which? No one cares that the Wii outsells the other two consoles by miles, so why does it matter that the PS3 might have a price advantage? "
I wish everybody thought like you...
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

um you obviously didn't hear of the CODMW2 250 gig 360 did you? and 350 dollars? no on last checking it was 400 just like the 250 gig MW2 360.

I mean if one is going to make claims then that person should post links to proof or rumors of that?
I mean i could go out right now and find links to reports of a 250 gig ps3...and the same for the 250 gig 360.

edit: just saw the 350 dollar price tag, except microsoft to lower the price of the 250 gig MW2 360.
Actually no dont expect them to do that cause on last check the MW2 360 was a 250 gig hard drive, an extra controller and MW2 for 400 dollars.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By TheHBK
@m1k3 said:
" LOL its funny how this time the MS supporter are getting mad... the fanboy wars goes on as it has tipped the other way. I paid $500 for my 360 and $600 for my PS3 and it doesn't bother me. "
What are you talking about?  No one is getting mad.  I am just talking about business here.  You dont let your emotions get to you.  This is no fanboy thread.  I said that Ms should do something before they lose their lead.  Because I have not gotten much use out of my 360 but Uncharted has been blowing me away.  And I would have fucking killed myself if I paid that much for my consoles.  Especially the PS3, when it was 600.  That thing had nothing on it.  Now its good.  And down to 300 bucks.

But my point is not that MS is doing fine.  Sony is being aggressive and I am just waiting to see if MS in turn does something big too.  Because as we know, competition can only end up good for us, the consumers.  Thats why I hope this leads to MS doing something more than just a bundle.  Though those bundles are always good.
So really, I am saying that MS cant just be ok doing fine, and giving Sony a chance to catch up. They need to try to do better than fine to stay ahead, which is what I think Bill Gate's goal has been all along.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Demyx

MS is fine. Sony still has some catching up to do. 

It really doesn't care who "wins the console war" It seems like everyone has enough momentum right now to be successful.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Akeldama
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" um you obviously didn't hear of the CODMW2 250 gig 360 did you? and 350 dollars? no on last checking it was 400 just like the 250 gig MW2 360.  I mean if one is going to make claims then that person should post links to proof or rumors of that? I mean i could go out right now and find links to reports of a 250 gig ps3...and the same for the 250 gig 360.  edit: just saw the 350 dollar price tag, except microsoft to lower the price of the 250 gig MW2 360. Actually no dont expect them to do that cause on last check the MW2 360 was a 250 gig hard drive, an extra controller and MW2 for 400 dollars. "
Wifi and online are another story...
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By meteora

Microsoft is just fine, Sony should've been this aggressive a long time ago. Just because Sony might have announced a new large HDD model for the PS3 at a nice price recently, doesn't mean that we go and start poking at Microsoft to fight back. It takes time to "coordinate and plan a counterattack", not just half-ass some decision to reduce price without thinking twice about it. 

And don't Sony sell their accessories just as expensive as Microsoft/Nintendo?

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Babble

How many people actually need a 250 gig hard drive? On the other hand I think the prices Microsoft charges for stand-alone hard drives are crazy, it's understandable that's where they make a good portion of their money but it'd be nice to see them more reasonable.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Akeldama said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
" um you obviously didn't hear of the CODMW2 250 gig 360 did you? and 350 dollars? no on last checking it was 400 just like the 250 gig MW2 360.  I mean if one is going to make claims then that person should post links to proof or rumors of that? I mean i could go out right now and find links to reports of a 250 gig ps3...and the same for the 250 gig 360.  edit: just saw the 350 dollar price tag, except microsoft to lower the price of the 250 gig MW2 360. Actually no dont expect them to do that cause on last check the MW2 360 was a 250 gig hard drive, an extra controller and MW2 for 400 dollars. "
Wifi and online are another story... "
your point?
I can use an ethernet cable or get a 30-40 dollar ethernet bridge to give it wireless, and sorry to say but i still think and will pretty much till psn matches every thing that xbox live can do as...xbox live being superior.
why you bring something up that no one mentioned...stop trolling.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword

They got there MW 2 bundle, I think theyre fine.  

and the only thing it really needs to match LIVE (PSN) is Cross Game chat and Partys, and PSN is suppsoedly getting cross game soon.
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By zombie2011
@TheHBK: You do realize MS is making a profit on their console while Sony is still losing money with each console sold. 
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Akeldama
@WilliamRLBaker said:
" @Akeldama said:
" @WilliamRLBaker said:
Wifi and online are another story... "
your point? I can use an ethernet cable or get a 30-40 dollar ethernet bridge to give it wireless, and sorry to say but i still think and will pretty much till psn matches every thing that xbox live can do as...xbox live being superior. why you bring something up that no one mentioned...stop trolling. "
not trolling. Merely discussing price points.  

Not everyone is able to (conveniently) use ethernet cables and so they need the Wifi adapter ($100). When comparing the two prices, this is worth bringing up. Stop defending when nobody is attacking.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19  Edited By Vinchenzo

Hi. I use my Xbox every day. Go kill yourself.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iam3green

i think that microsoft is fine. they are ahead of sony right now. sony is just doing what they should have done in the beginning when they released the ps3. 

who would want a 250gig hard drive for a console though. i have a 20gig 360 and it is at around 8gigs still. i plan on deleting forza 3 demo as it's coming out soon. so i'll have around 9.5 or so gigs. 

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Slippy

I don't know why you give such a huge shit about Microsoft's business situation - as if it will somehow hamper your enjoyment of your 360 and force you to physically run out to get a PS3. I mean, for fuck sake.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brunchies

I just want the new xbox 360's to have built in Wi Fi, phones have that now so I don't know why the xbox can't. 

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By apathylad
@Brunchies:  Agreed. Heck, even the Nintendo DS has Wifi.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Famov

The OP seems to imply that the $400 Modern Warfare Xbox is a bad deal. I truly do not understand how he came to this conclusion. 

Good on Sony for finally putting up a good fight, but do not think for a minute that Microsoft is sitting on their hands.