The 3 Amigos leaving seem awfully abrubt.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know internally they said it was talked about it for awhile, but announcing that they were leaving at the end of the week seems awfully abrubt.

Does anyone know why is was done this way?

I know very little about the corporate world so this maybe normal, but the others who left the site didn't seem to leave in such a hurry.

LuminaryGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They all gave their 2 week notices, but who knows why they decided to announce it this week. They must have had their reasons.

It’s best to just appreciate what each of them have done for Giant Bomb and their fans, and wish them the best in the future. I’ll miss Brad, Alex and Vinny but I know it must be exhausting to keep going and they all probably felt it was a good time to close this chapter of their careers.

cheeseholidays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cheeseholidays

All this speculation seems pretty lame tbh. I think it’s pretty clear nothing particularly bad happened (if anything at all, burn out is real). Beyond that *shrug*.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not being thrown out of the window or something so honestly it doesn't matter. Presumably they left because it was time to, there doesn't need to be anything more than that.

The speculation is...weird. I don't understand so many people with their need to make sure they plot every moment of the event down on a chart.

Kunakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This question has been asked and answered to the point of exhaustion.

Not to say you're not entitled to ask but all of the answers seem to come from people who believe clarity is perceived when little or no information is availible.

You aren't going to get a satisfactory answer unless GB or any of the three decide to answer (and even then it's unlikely to satisfy).

In so far as I'm aware they all decided to leave and have stated they aren't being asked to/feel forced and that it isn't based on some decision RV have made.

Diamond_Lime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheeseholidays:

It's not speculation, I just wondered why they announced that they were leaving at the last minute.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does seem odd that only two weeks' notice was required, seeing as it's typically a month's notice for this number of years worked (at least in the UK anyhow)...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstaunton: I mean they just said "notice" as I recall.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstaunton: Now we're applying other countries' laws and customs to the U.S. workplace, which is just...not productive.

We're all supposed to be fans of these guys. They clearly do not want to share any more than they already have. That should be the end of it.

Nobody has a right to pry and there's no reason to think this was anything other than totally above board for whatever the reasons were. Imagine if you quit your job or were fired or whatever and dozens of your customers demanded to know the details and then started making things up when you said you weren't willing to share them (or couldn't.)

Can we show some empathy for people we're supposed to be fans of and just let them do it the way they want to do it? This is obviously difficult enough for everyone already.

swthompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given the amount of crazy posts, constant questions, and increased eyeballs all of a sudden….if you were them, wouldn’t you put it off too? Would you really want to put yourself through an extra week of all of this chaos and madness?

GloveSlipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only question I think is “valid” is why all 3, all at once? That seems to leave the site in a overly weakened state which doesn’t seem like something they would do. The reasons why have been answered and speculation is a fruitless exercise. I do think wondering why all 3 at once is a valid question and one that won’t be answered. It’s ok to have questions though.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#12 FinalDasa  Moderator

Baseless speculation doesn't help anyone. Gonna copy and paste something Rorie mentioned in another locked thread:

"Because a lot of that speculation goes in bad directions? Like we saw a fair amount of people earlier this week somehow blame this on Red Ventures, even to the point where I saw people tweeting at the Red Ventures account blaming them for this (causing me to have to track down the people who ran that account and offer them an explanation), only to have Vinny say definitively today that that wasn't the case. I and the mods don't have the time or the ability to tamp down every shitty or even potentially damaging or hurtful rumor (most of which are going to be baseless), so hey: don't do it here. There are plenty of places to discuss Giant Bomb on the internet and I'd encourage you to take your speculations there, or just wait for Vinny, Alex, and Brad to discuss this in the future. Speculation now helps no one except your curiosity and frankly the harm that might come from it far outweighs that to my mind."