The "360 year war"...

Cumbersnach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Cumbersnach

After a long and painful session on the climbing wall today, I sat down with my friends and made the foolish mistake of asking the everlasting question "What console is better, Xbox 360 or PS3?"
Although I own a PS3, and coincedently think it is the better console, I was on the side of the Xbox 360.This may be seen as a defection in the eyes of many fanboys but there is purpose to this chaos. Yes, I do think that the PS3 is the better console due to its capabilities (e.g. Surfing the internet and contributing to some university.) but the 360 just has some of the best games ever produced (e.g. Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Fable 1 and 2.)

The mighty PS3
Sure, paying to chainsaw some of your "friends" heads of sucks but  it's all worth it in the end due to the lack of unused accounts equalling less lag. On the downside, most of the people who are in possesion of an Xbox 360 are referred to in latin as Pubicus Minimus (No Pubes). The PS3 just seems like a more sophisticated and adult console with much more as standard compared to Xbox 360. So, I'd like to hear your views and maybe even receive your fanboy hate mail! Lol!
Happy Bombing! 

Cumbersnach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Cumbersnach

After a long and painful session on the climbing wall today, I sat down with my friends and made the foolish mistake of asking the everlasting question "What console is better, Xbox 360 or PS3?"
Although I own a PS3, and coincedently think it is the better console, I was on the side of the Xbox 360.This may be seen as a defection in the eyes of many fanboys but there is purpose to this chaos. Yes, I do think that the PS3 is the better console due to its capabilities (e.g. Surfing the internet and contributing to some university.) but the 360 just has some of the best games ever produced (e.g. Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Fable 1 and 2.)

The mighty PS3
Sure, paying to chainsaw some of your "friends" heads of sucks but  it's all worth it in the end due to the lack of unused accounts equalling less lag. On the downside, most of the people who are in possesion of an Xbox 360 are referred to in latin as Pubicus Minimus (No Pubes). The PS3 just seems like a more sophisticated and adult console with much more as standard compared to Xbox 360. So, I'd like to hear your views and maybe even receive your fanboy hate mail! Lol!
Happy Bombing! 

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

They both have their ups and downs, but personally I believe the 360 is the better choice as it has better games and many multiplatform games are made on 360 then ported to PS3. But they are both good and I would turn neither down.

Cumbersnach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cumbersnach

Only so you can attempt to "kick my arse!"
Lal
/facepalm

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By oraknabo

I think the maturity issue just has more to do with older people with careers having enough money to blow on an overpriced console with barely any good games. I'm in my 30s and I think I made a very mature financial decision in buying a 360.

Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Video_Tycoon

PS3.  Xbox 360 becomes a paperweight due to RROD.  I know this one guy, hes gone through 23 Xbox 360s already.  Why pay for something you can't use?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

*Sigh*

MASS EFFECT IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE.

Anyways, I don't think either of them are good consoles. I don't see installing games as being a trait of a console. They're just unupgradeable PCs in my eyes. OF the two, though, I;d have to go with the 360 due to it costing less and having better controllers.
Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BestUsernameEver

No one cares. Get whichever one you like more. If you do not know which one, get neither or get both. No console will be better than the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

PC, duh.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar

As far as this year is concerned, its about equal; but that me saying that based on reviews and such since I don't own both systems.

But overall, PS3 has made great strides to to at least keep up with the 360 this year, so hopefully the war is just warming up.

Still, only reason I chose the PS3 over the 360 as my console was because I saw how MS treated the original Xbox like a bad date as soon as the new console was around. and yet PS2 was still supported for over a year after the PS3 came around. This makes the transitions into next consoles much easier as well as a predictor of how well my money is spent when this round ends.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Megalon

Hardware capability means nothing if it is not utilized properly. I own both and I haven't turned on my PS3 in over a month because I'm too busy playing 360 games (ok, once I pick up LBP that will change).

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Systech

By referring to Xbox 360 owners as ones with no pubes, trouble has come upon you. Yes, there are small kids, but I am not a child nor am I pubeless. I simply can't afford a PS3.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_

Given that I have enough pubes for 4 average men, I own an Xbox 360, am not a fanboy, and given that you look like you're around 12 yourself, I fail to see where your stupid stereotype gains any merit.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By samcotts
Arkthemaniac said:
"*Sigh*
MASS EFFECT IS NOT ONE OF THE BEST GAMES EVER MADE.

Anyways, I don't think either of them are good consoles. I don't see installing games as being a trait of a console. They're just unupgradeable PCs in my eyes. OF the two, though, I;d have to go with the 360 due to it costing less and having better controllers.
"
Not sure why you picked out Mass Effect. I thought it was a hell of a lot better then Halo 3 and either Fable.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Wait, so do you want my actual view on how the console itself portrays itself?

Well I view the PS3 as sort of this console for this crazy media enthusiast who is also the type of person who bought a SDTV which he thought was HD and says "wow, the picture is so clear!"  while I see the 360 as more of a console for the straight up, average, college gamer
I think their marketing says it best
PS3:  Bluray!  The Cell! etc.
360 (from a video I just saw advertising the nxe):  "I view the xbox 360 as a gaming machine first and foremost, but it also has a whole bunch of multimedia functions that really make it extend into the realm of an entertainment center as a secondary function" (something along those lines)

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pibo47

Personally i think that the 360 is the better of the 2 based on the games it has the the lack of games the PS3 has. Both are great IMO.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By get2sammyb

You know what - I'm probably going to go into the flame basket here - but I don't think Microsoft know what they want. They want to be Nintendo and Sony at the same time. The only thing that has ever given the XBOX personality is Live, Halo and Gears.

That's my personal opinion. I'm sorry if you disagree.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
get2sammyb said:
"You know what - I'm probably going to go into the flame basket here - but I don't think Microsoft know what they want. They want to be Nintendo and Sony at the same time. The only thing that has ever given the XBOX personality is Live, Halo and Gears.

That's my personal opinion. I'm sorry if you disagree."

I completely disagree. 
Microsoft is basically a let's have games of all types but let's connect everyone type deal.
Sony is basically falling into the media center type thing with shooters and racers
Nintendo is a non gamer thing.

Microsoft has a stronger drive than Sony imo.  Nintendo has the strongest, even if that's in the wrong direction.
lawl_beans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lawl_beans
aha another xbox360 vs PS3 battle aye...well i have something to tell all you people...buy what ever console u think is best, even if it involves the PS3 (shit) but its completely up to you. This PS3 bumboy obviously likes to create arguments between factions that do not wish to be hostile...so without further ado that i tell you Cumbersnach  to leave the xbox360 and PS3 alone and mind your own bees wax you smelly piece of pig cuntshit.

if your remove my comment again your gay
Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Unreal_dro

360 has the better library of games, has the superior online service and the social aspects thanks to xbox live and a better controller. Thats why my 360 gets the most play time while my ps3 collects dust in its corner waiting for another 10 min long update from sony and broken ports of games from devs. Hardware? still on my 2 year old 360 without a single problem, and if anything happens i still have the warranty.

Its not that hard to pick the 360 over sony's Pathetic follow up to the Ps2 (one of the greatest consoles of all time).  How can a company slip up so bad in just one gen is just sad.
Mats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mats

I own both consoles. In the end it gets down to who has the best selection of games and personally i think Microsoft has the best platform hands down. Actually right now i kind of regret spending money buying the PS3 and after that awful e3 conference i don't see any new exciting (exclusive) ps3 games (except maybe killzone 2, judging from killzone 1 i'm sceptic) coming soon.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By BawlZINmotion

As far as consoles go the 360 is an unreliable piece of shit. However I do believe it to be the better platform, as Microsoft just seems to get the community thing while Sony doesn't. And that community is this generations centre piece. That said I don't think a definitive decision can be made either or. First and foremost, buy whatever platform the majority of your friends use, other than that whatever first party titles tickle your fancy should seal the deal. Despite what some 360 lusters might say, most "inferior" verions of 3rd party games really aren't that different. Not enough to influence what console a person purchases anyway.

Unreal_dro
said:

"360 has the better library of games,"
Not that 360 doesn't have a good library, because it does, but... like what? I'm curious to know what you think makes its library superior. Don't try and fudge the list by adding multi-platform games either.