• 118 results
Avatar image for joe_mccallister
Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

January-March is a notoriously slow gaming time. Granted we've got a few big ones coming soon (RE VII, Horizon, etc.) but are there any backlog games you're finally going to knock out? Mine personally (and shamefully) is to finally see through to the end of Last of Us.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bigsocrates

I've been meaning to get to Titanfall 2 pretty much since it launched. Loved the first one, and obviously this one has gotten fantastic reviews here at Giant Bomb.

Started the single player last night and...it's fantastic. I was an idiot for waiting this long. Just a top-notch shooter, and they finally made first person platforming segments fun and and engaging.

I just hope that the multiplayer community is still around on Xbox and everyone's not so good that I have the "joined to late on a multiplayer game" bad times experience.

Oh and after Titanfall 2 I plan to FINALLY get to Gravity Rush Remastered. I was going to beat that before the sequel but I guess not now, and I guess I'm waiting for a price drop on the sequel (Which is not such a bad thing.)

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm alternating between Abzu, Titanfall 2 and FF XV depending on the mood. I've also got Doom that I need to finish. I'm near the end of that, but I deleted it so I could have some room for the 3 games I am currently playing.

All 4 of those games are awesome! Although I'm playing Doom on ultra violence and it is...less fun than I think others are having with it as a result.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I'm basically in a perpetual state of playing my backlog sense I don't seem to play the games I buy, I sit on 'em. Games I plan to play next in order is Freedom Fighters, The Darkness, and Batman Arkham City. But I started FF15 not long ago and I know that's gonna take me a while plus my mood can change. I also played a tiny bit of God Hand a month ago and a part of me is thinking, fuck it, I'm just gonna play that 'cause that thing seems fun as hell.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My backlog contains hundreds of games dating back to the PS1, but the one i'm finally about to get around to is Swat 4.
I've been waiting for some kind of digital release of it, and the arrival of Sierra's Police Quest series on Steam has me hopeful but i couldn't wait any longer and paid too much for a new copy of Swat 4, i have a folder with the necessary patches and mods waiting to go.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By EthanielRain

I started playing through Rocksteady's Batman trilogy. Just beat the second one, but the car-platforming of Arkham Knight made me throw my controller down in frustration after an hour, so I might just play through Arkham Origins instead. FUCK THAT BATMOBILE, seriously.

@joe_mccallister I think you'll be glad to finish it. That game :D

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I've mentioned this several times before, but Dragon Quest VIII comes out on 3DS on January 20. That's a game I've wanted to try for some time now, so I'll actually be playing a new game Friday. Horizon comes out in February so I may get that. I also hope to finish my playthrough of Twilight Princess and hopefully I can squeeze Legend of Grimrock 2 in there before Breath of the Wild comes out on March 3 - which isn't actually that far away. Seven weeks and a few days.

@tesla said:

Although I'm playing Doom on ultra violence and it is...less fun than I think others are having with it as a result.

You can knock the difficulty down in the menu somewhere.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 58

I've been thinking about finally playing Lightning Returns... because I enjoy making good life choices.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've accepted that I've abandoned my backlog, that I made some foolish purchases spurred on by big discounts and the hype of those first few steam sales.

I'm happier now and I can look at that list of 100+ games without getting a feeling of dread anymore.

Johnny_Sailor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Forza Horizon 3, and I need to play The Witcher 3 to completion. I always start Witcher up, love it while I'm playing, and then something pops up taking me away from it, and I forget where I am or what I'm doing, so it gets put on the back burner.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By liquiddragon

@arbitrarywater: lol I hope you give the game a real chance. The combat is amazing and I found trying to do as many quests as possible in 7 days addictive as hell. The story is something special (it's a trainwreck) but the gameplay got its hooks into me real deep. Use Chronostasis all day, as much as possible.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm going to play the Battlefield 1 campaign along with playing Banjo Kazooie. Rare Replay is a cool thing.

sfw44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't really in my backlog because I have 350+ hours in the original but I just started playing Skyrim Special Edition.

Gundahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gundahaar

I have some long standing ones such as Xenoblade Chronicles, and Persona 3 that I've been slowly picking away at for multiple years. At this point though, I'm just waiting for REVII, BOTW, P5, and maybe Horizon. I'm gonna try to finish Xenoblade and Persona 3 before then (and maybe replay P4 before P5 comes out), but that's probably just a pipe dream at this point. I let go of trying to deal with my backlog a while ago since most of the games in it are RPGs and I tend to take FOREVER to beat them. Case in point: the only game I played over the holidays was FFXV. I spent roughly 130 hours in that game while taking 70 hours just to beat it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I haven't decided to do any one at the moment. But my backlog white whale will most likely forever be Dragon Quest 8. A game I always enjoy but never finish. :(

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Dragon Age: Inquisition for me. I don't want to be playing two BioWare games at the same time, so I'll be finishing it before Mass Effect: Andromeda.

After Andromeda, I think it's time to make a real effort to finish The Witcher 3.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

started bayonetta for like the 3rd or 4th time a couple days ago. shame.

Duecenage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bayonetta 2! No wait! Alien Isolation! Hold on! DOOM! Gimme a sec! The Last Guardian!

I really, really need to just cruise through Bayonetta 2 though...

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JasonMasters

Oh man. I have my hands full with WoW, SW:ToR, Killing Floor 2, and occasional bouts of Destiny.

I would like to finish Bloodborne at some point? I am not really concerned with finishing my backlog though. I have games across Steam, Origin, UPlay, GoG, PS4, Xbox 360, and even PS3 if you count the Uncharted games. If I get to them, great, if not...that's life.

Edit: Link to Steam profile for giggies. http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jmasters85/games/?tab=all

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crusader Kings II. I'm finally going to finish that save I started four years ago.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna be slow for me. Gonna get Yakuza 0 and then Mass Effect: Andromeda.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought 21 games during the Xbox: One holiday sale. I really need to start playing these games, the only one I've finished is Abzu.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

I'm finally getting around to beating Fire Emblem Awakening, because I've been at the very end of it for months. After this, I may beat Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokemon Moon. I don't really keep a huge backlog, because if I don't finish a game, it's usually for a good reason. However, Dishonored 2, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, and Watch Dogs 2 are all games that I need to finish.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Either Oxenfree, The Fall or Banner Saga 2.

Then again, I bought Watch Dogs 2 over Christmas and said to myself that I wouldn't go any further with Dishonored 2 until they fixed the PC issues. Looks like they've fixed the PC issues.

Or The Last Guardian.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really need to play Valkyrie Chronicles remastered. I bought it when it came out because I never played it on PS3 but it's very intimidating to me for some reason.

TheCycloneWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This year is the year I finally put in the effort to play and finish Witcher 3. I'm bringing my PS4 on the road with me and knocking it out a few hours at a time every night.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be getting Yakuza 0 next week so I plan to get through Uncharted 4 and the Game of Thrones Telltale game before then.

3DS wise, I still need to finish Pokemon Moon. Finished the 3DS version of Ocarina yesterday and probably enjoyed my time through more than when I beat it on the N64.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By whitegreyblack

@dave_tacitus: Play Oxenfree! I delved hard into that game over the last 5 days. There's a really interesting New Game + that extends the game in some neat ways; I ended up completing the game 4 times in the past week to see how different decisions would play out.

I'm planning to play Firewatch this week. I just got my physical PS4 copy from Limited Run so now that I've broken free of the spell Oxenfree has had on me this past week, I am ready to go to Wyoming.

thejhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready to beat Dragon Age: Origins, finally.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#30  Edited By BeachThunder

I've been definitely-going-to-finally play Trine for 5 or so years now. But I never actually feel like playing it.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CrimsonJesus

I got The Witcher 3 the winter it came out and I sunk about 15 hours in it and then the semester started. I have 4 weeks until my next semester starts and it's probably a lower workload than last year so I'm hoping I can actually beat it.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm staring at my Mass Effect 3 save, apparently I'm at 50 Galatic Readiness despite being mere seconds into the game.

Apparently I'm Just under four hours in.

I last/first played this on October 22nd 2013.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

@whitegreyblack: I think Oxenfree and Firewatch came out around the same time. I bought Firewatch first and loved it but set Oxenfree to one side because I didn't want to OD on narrative driven games. Then I forgot about it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ocarina of Time. It handles alright.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up XCOM 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and HITMAN during the Steam sale; so that'll probably be the backlog I work through while waiting for ME: Andromeda to come out.

There's a bunch of indie games from the past few years all sitting in my Steam account with only a few hours played; but I can't fool myself into thinking I'll ever get back to most of them. Maybe one of 'em will randomly catch my fancy though.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I really need to go back and finish Dishonored 2 and Uncharted 4. I got past the halfway point in both those games and I really need to wrap them up for my own completionist mentality's sake.

Besides that, I bought a crap ton of stuff on steam over the sale and I've been slowly parsing through that.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I commited to finishing Ultima VII, my oldest backlog game... it may have been a mistake. Modern games have spoiled me, and I have to actually think and remember things. All the signs and map locations arent even in a real language! What have I done?!?

.... It is pretty great though. I guess some people still refer to it as the greatest RPG for a reason.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

I'm reinstalling The Evil Within thinking I'll finally finish it.

But now thanks to Drew and Dan I think I want to replay through Revengeance..

superpow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will finally play Brothers at some point.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

God of War: Ascension. I finally started it over the weekend.

And guess what, after so much time away, it's so much fun. With some truly impressive set pieces and a complete throwaway story.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

#41  Edited By Savage

I've got 200 games in my backlog and 10 new games lined up to play over the next 10 weeks or so (Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7, Hitman S1, Nioh, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Nier: Automata, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Persona 5), so naturally I'm replaying Valkyrie Profile for the third time right now.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Palmlykta

I only have one and that is Nier... can I finish it before Automata releases? WHO KNOWS?! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: No, I will most assuredly not have the stamina for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I have yet to finish Metroid Prime and The Witcher. I also bought The Witcher 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy. I'm doing it Vinny style. Also, I have yet to finish a single Grand Theft Auto game.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been meaning to play Psychonauts for such a great of deal of time, it's long since past the point of being absurd and is now just...there. Another fact of life; that, and one of the games in my Steam Installed Library.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have too many to mention but some 'highlights' would be Doom, Watch_Dogs 2, Mad Max and both Tomb Raider games (I partly played through the first).

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The big things in my backlog right now are CRPGS. Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, and Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 just to name a few.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By DocHaus

Trying to finish Persona 4 Golden before Persona 5 comes out. Currently just after the point where the gang celebrates solving the mystery by enjoying the summer holidays.

Also I think I'm at the final boss in Raidou Kuzunoha 2, and it looks like I'm headed for the Chaos ending.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassin's Creed Syndicate for me picked it up cheap awhile ago just never touched it. I'm also playing Twilight Princess HD having previously played the Wii version on launch.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been on vacation for a while so I managed to finish all the big stuff I wanted to play by the end of last year. Now I'm just booting up random things on Steam and waiting for Yakuza 0 to come out before school starts up again.

I used to get really bothered about not playing the games I bought, but I've since learned a little restraint after obtaining awful student loans, I just see my backlog as a nice thing I'll always have to fall back on when I feel like it. I never force myself to play something anymore.

@humanity: Every time I watch someone play Revengeance I want to replay it, right up until the first "waggle LS to recover from stun" prompt appears. I can't do it again.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ezekiel

@teddie said:

@humanity: Every time I watch someone play Revengeance I want to replay it, right up until the first "waggle LS to recover from stun" prompt appears. I can't do it again.

Yeah, I don't get why you'd make the player shake the stick so fast with the clumsy digit of their non-dominant hand. I had to use my right hand and grip the stick between my thumb and index finger. It's reasons like this that I find Platinum Games average.

OT: I don't have a backlog. I play what I want. I buy few enough games that I eventually play most of them anyway.