The Big Ron Zone - GB learns Mahjong

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey y'all, with the new Mahjong Mornings/This is the Ron series and the general increase in popularity this game has been seeing, I thought it would be a good idea to have a topic to share stories, knowledge, resources and maybe for people to organize some friendly games?

I am still very much a learner (started playing a few weeks ago) and still don't have all yakus memorized perfectly, but I have been playing a couple of games at Mahjong Soul every evening and finding myself more and more often on the winning side! Yesterday I had a beautiful 8-han (riichi, ippatsu + tsumo, 3 doras, pinfu) that took me from last place to first and allowed me to play defensive in the other hands until the end for a victory. It was probably my highest high up to now!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Efesell

The Mahjong Era of quarantine seemed to suddenly hit the FGC a while back and with it a few streamers I watch started learning the game so ever since I’ve been pretty deep into mahjong soul as well.

Despite being a pretty rude gacha it’s one of the best clients out there and there’s a lot of people to play with.. so long as you don’t mind being just lit up by Japanese players while you’re trying to learn.

To anyone who thinks it looks intimidating to get into.. well you’re right it does but I promise it is secretly much more straightforward than it seems if you just take it one early step at a time.