Avatar image for thesleepingdead
TheSleepingDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheSleepingDead

No flaming  just name a huge franchise example (halo, GTA, Mario series) and just open your heart and let the hate flow through but please try and make a valid and poignant argument, here I'll start with.... Super Smash Bros. it's like you have to just randomly mash buttons like your having a seizure and if luck is on your side you might get a draw and the characters what Nintendo fanboys wet dream/fan fiction did they get their picks from the Ice climbers? really they couldn't think of any better canidates were they scrapping the bottom of the barrel and now I just had an aneurysm and can't go on the part of my brain that does the typing, and the thinking has just blown thinking of who this game appeals to and why. there I just had to air this grievance     

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

Super Mario Galaxy. The level designs are boring, and the camera and controls are horrendous. 

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AaronBelfast

GTA4. I can't get enough.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Hate threads are dumb, flaming or not.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush

Yay for a stupid post from someone who has never posted before...this looks promising.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pibo47

close thread.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero
twenty0ne said:
"Super Mario Galaxy. The level designs are boring, and the camera and controls are horrendous. "
I totally agree. I can't think of a more overrated and disappointing game.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Lies

TheGreatGuero said:

"twenty0ne said:
"Super Mario Galaxy. The level designs are boring, and the camera and controls are horrendous. "
I totally agree. I can't think of a more overrated and disappointing game."
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

WAIT.

HOLD UP.

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN BUDDIES.

I thought SMG was amazingly great. The controls seemed pretty laser-precise, and the camera never gave me any big problems. Some of the levels are a bit lame yeah, but the beauty is that you can just skip them and go play the interesting ones, because there's such a variety. I thought SMG was a true return to form for Nintendo.
Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vash_The_Stampede
Kush said:
"Yay for a stupid post from someone who has never posted before...this looks promising."
Agreed...this will just start a pointless fight
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

I never really liked Final Fantasy, i don't hate it i just could never get into the series.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

Halo.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Terrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Terrell

Call of Duty 4

The game is basically an "on-rails shooter" (VERY LINEAR)
It feels very arcade-y, but claimed to be ultra-realistic. (in many senses, Geometry Wars 2 is a better shooter, and they feel very similar).
Generic Character models
The Series peaked at Call of Duty 2.
Sniper Rifles are overpowered (so you shoot me in the toe and 90% of my health is gone?)

There are MANY other reasons, but its late, and I don't want to give them game more attention that it has already gotten through the overhyped media and quality blind, keg party attending, and basement dwelling public...

Terrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Terrell
Lies said:
TheGreatGuero said:
"twenty0ne said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

WAIT.

HOLD UP.

I thought SMG was amazingly great. The controls seemed pretty laser-precise, and the camera never gave me any big problems. Some of the levels are a bit lame yeah, but the beauty is that you can just skip them and go play the interesting ones, because there's such a variety. I thought SMG was a true return to form for Nintendo."
WOAH WOAH WOAH!

WAIT

HOLD UP

Apparently you aren't allowed to have differing opinions in society anymore...

ALSO! George Bush is a great President and has helped historically bypassed families in many ways!

NEWSFLASH: </sarcasm>
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero
Lies said:
TheGreatGuero said:
"twenty0ne said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

WAIT.

HOLD UP.

I thought SMG was amazingly great. The controls seemed pretty laser-precise, and the camera never gave me any big problems. Some of the levels are a bit lame yeah, but the beauty is that you can just skip them and go play the interesting ones, because there's such a variety. I thought SMG was a true return to form for Nintendo."
Well, dude. Most people would agree with you, but I really thought Super Mario Galaxy was a pretty mediocre Mario game. I'd say it's easily the worst 3D one. The gameplay was dumbed down, you were disabled from adjusting the camera like 90% of the time, I didn't think most of the level design was that great. Collecting star bits was kind of pointless, characters weren't interesting, the boss battles weren't particularly memorable or engaging, and the controls had some issues. Now, this is just a matter of opinion. Personally, even though I acknowledge Super Mario Sunshine has it's faults, I do think it's definitely a better game than Galaxy. It's amusing to me that people loved Super Mario Sunshine until Galaxy came out, then they turned against it immediately and acted as if they always thought it was a terrible game. Heh, have you noticed that?

I think the thing that bugged me most about Mario Galaxy was the lack of camera control. This is mostly a fault of the Wii's controller design. Personally, I'm the kind of guy that likes dual analog controls, I like constantly moving the camera around where I want it to see what I want to see when I want to see it. You had this ability in Super Mario Sunshine, and actually, in that game, the camera was totally manual (which some people didn't like, but as a more experienced gamer, I enjoy having the camera at my full control). From what I recall, there were also never really problems with the camera not looking where you wanted it to. In Mario Galaxy, on the other hand... it shows you a direction, and it wants you to just look that way. What happened to exploring? What happened to looking around for hidden stuff? There's even hidden stuff in Galaxy where you'll have to use the first person view to see it. Oh and don't get me started on that. You know what makes the first person view in Galaxy totally dreadful? First of all, it's not instant, so you gotta wait like a second to go into this view. I know that sounds like no big deal, but if you want to stop and look around a lot, it slows things down a little. Then, you only have a 120 degree angle view while looking in first person. Dude... what the heck?! I can understand why they don't want you moving in first person, but for the love of God, let me turn around so I can see this world you created. You want me to cherish this level design but limit my ability to even look at it at my own will. Also... black holes are pretty common in levels, but without being able to look around so well, often times I had no idea if the level had one or not. So I'd wonder if I could walk along the underside of a platform, only to fall to my death. Unless I see that black hole, I have no way of telling. Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought Mario Galaxy was supposed to encourage us to explore worlds with this new emphasis on gravity, yet this seems to suggest the opposite, because multiple times I was punished for trying to test the gravity of platforms. In some areas, you can walk under and hey, you might find a 1UP mushroom or something. The problem is, you never really know for sure unless you see a black hole (many of which are pretty much out of all visible sight).

Also, the controls are not that spot on. One thing I love is when you're running, then want to stop and quickly do a backflip jump. But what happens? You do a long jump instead... Why is that? Well... because Mario doesn't exactly stop on a dime in Galaxy and he slides across the ground once you stop running. If you do the backflip jump while he's sliding, it does a long jump instead. Once you jump off a couple levels because of this flaw, it can get kind of annoying. I shouldn't have to wait for Mario to stop. Don't penalize me for being quicker than the game, man. Also, dude... the belly slide from Sunshine is removed. I happen to think the belly slide is one of the most fun and quick moves Mario has ever done. Sliding around from place to place on your stomach, jumping in and out of slides, it was a thing of beauty. It was quick and incredibly responsive and added more fun and challenge to moving around. In Galaxy, we instead just get the long jump. Not very fast, not very fun, and not nearly as manueverable. You can't really adjust your direction while in the air when doing long jumps. The platforming in general in Galaxy isn't nearly as complex or interesting as it was in Sunshine. Those secret areas where you lost FLUDD in Sunshine were bits of platforming heaven, as far as I'm concerned. They required skill, finesse, and good timing. Also.. jumping on enemies in 3D has never really been quite as easy as it was in 2D. At times, it could be hard to judge distance in regards to how close you are to landing on an enemy in 3D or if you're jumping over gaps and such. Surely you know what I'm talking about. You generally have to rely on watching your shadow to estimate it. I thought Sunshine beautifully handled this problem by offering the hover nozzle, which let you make some adjustments to jumps in-air and added more manueverability. Galaxy kind of does the opposite. It makes this problem even greater by having mostly spherical worlds, where it's definitely harder to gauge distance. Also, I didn't think the motion controls in the game were too amazing and for the most part think the game would have been better without them. There are times when you're tried to do a spin move attack to an enemy and it didn't register properly with the nunchuck and you got hit. There's no denying it. It happens, and it definitely happened to me a few times. Though, I think the spin attack in general was kind of lousy. There's really not much depth to the enemies in Galaxy. Like 90% of them can be killed by hitting them with a spin attack and then running into them while they're stunned. Someone please tell me where the fun is in that. Remember Sunshine? The enemies were much more diverse and required more thought. You can also jump on most enemies, but like I mentioned before, it's hard to gauge your position with complete accuracy, so unless you need health, you're probably not gonna bother.

Well, okay, now that I see I've written like a whole essay, I'm gonna stop. I'm not suggesting that Mario Galaxy is a terrible game, but I absolutely do not find it to be deserving of all its praise. All in all, I imagine I'd still give it like a 7.0 score. In all honesty, I just never really enjoyed it much. I kept thinking it had to get better, and unfortunately, I don't think it ever did. Also, I wouldn't personally say I had incredibly high expectations for the game, but of course I did expect it to be quite great considering all the reviews and such. In my opinion, the game failed to deliver.
TheSleepingDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheSleepingDead

I created a monster......awesome

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Haha, yeah, with your first post. Good job! I got a little carried away there. It's just that this whole "SUPER MARIO GALAXY IS THE BEST GAME EVER" nonsense kind of gets to me.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By coakroach

Final Fantasy VII and all subsequent Final Fantasies
The main characters friend dies? OMG BEST STORY EVAR!!!!!
Christ...

SleazyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SleazyP
Kush said:
"Yay for a stupid post from someone who has never posted before...this looks promising."
Yay for people who have nothing better to do then eat there own shit and post like crazy as if it means something! Maybe instead of being a re re why don't you take a break from the computer and FUCK YOUR OWN ASS!!! lol Sorry Kush and SpaceInsomniac please just STFU and go to other topics and stop bitching! I will also take my own advise now. I agree. Final Fantasy is a franchise that just needs to stop now.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

Yay for your response making you out to be a 5th grader. He has a point, if you disagree, you're a moron.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By yellownumber5

TO thegretguero

TheGreatGuero said:

"Haha, yeah, with your first post. Good job! I got a little carried away there. It's just that this whole "SUPER MARIO GALAXY IS THE BEST GAME EVER" nonsense kind of gets to me."
Damn no shit.. that was the longest post  ever I have seen... it's ok I do it sometimes to. ;)

And SleazyP I give a high five

SleazyP
said:
"Kush said:
Yay for people who have nothing better to do then eat there own shit and post like crazy as if it means something! Maybe instead of being a re re why don't you take a break from the computer and FUCK YOUR OWN ASS!!! lol Sorry Kush and SpaceInsomniac please just STFU and go to other topics and stop bitching! I will also take my own advise now. I agree. Final Fantasy is a franchise that just needs to stop now."
Well I am looking forward to FFXiII, but anyway...
These posts made me happy.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Man, I knew typing all that would be a complete waste of time!

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Player1

Never could get into those Zelda games. 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By crunchUK

GTA4. it just feels so old and boring compared to every other shooter. oh and kz2. it looks boring and mediocre. and the graphics aren't even that good

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25  Edited By xruntime
crunchUK said:
"GTA4. it just feels so old and boring compared to every other shooter. oh and kz2. it looks boring and mediocre. and the graphics aren't even that good"
Any 360 games you don't like, since you're alligned with Microsoft? 
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheGreatGuero

How can you hate Killzone 2 when it's not even out yet? You gotta give the game a chance, man. I'd say from what we've seen so far, it looks like it'll be at least pretty good.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crunchUK
xruntime said:
"crunchUK said:
"GTA4. it just feels so old and boring compared to every other shooter. oh and kz2. it looks boring and mediocre. and the graphics aren't even that good"
Any 360 games you don't like, since you're alligned with Microsoft? "
that doesn't make sense. of course there are but the title says games you love to HATE and i happen to hate those 2
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By giyanks22

Halo 3 it is just Halo 2 with improved graphics ,4 person co-op and forge and theater mode...

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By snake911

The Madden franchise.  I don't like the way of how they crushed their competition with the NFL 2K series.  Like Jeff said: "EA went on to shut this series down by acquiring the exclusive rights to the NFL franchise."  This is a bummer because without competition, creativity and innovation drops, and this obviously, leads to a game that looks practically the same as the year's prior.

imHunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By imHunt

Gears of war, the multiplayer was a bunch of lag/random chainsawing that sucked. Cover systems just plain suck in mutiplayer games. "Let me just hide until I see someone with my 360 degree view with my back to the wall." Stupid ass game.

TheSleepingDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheSleepingDead
xruntime said:
"crunchUK said:
Any 360 games you don't like, since you're alligned with Microsoft? "
who me? well I didn't like any of that Splinter Cell crap and I don't really like Halo but I play it all the damn time it's like an odd fascination with such a normal shooter that people have it seems it's only  the best by default. don't like sports games on any system and there were a couple of crappy wwII fps on there that just sucked ass but I really don't care I'll play anything if I'm bored enough and for the achievements except fucking Sneak King I'll be in hell before I play that again which is where you're most likely to encounter it
Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Roger_Klotz

Super Smash Bros Brawl. Sure its fun with friends until someone who just button mashes is able to kick your ass.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Twilight Princess, in my opinion, was a disgrace to such a legendary series.

chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#34  Edited By chronicsmoke
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By TheJollyRajah
chronicsmoke said:
"

MADDEN!!

"
That too. It's the same game every year.
E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By E_rock
Halo 2 and 3, a sub-par shooter with an amazing marketing scheme conveniently targeted at young kids. Then repackaged with crappier maps and sold back to the public for another 65 dollars.  Bravo Bungie, you showed the world marketing > product. The Halouniverse is cool only if you are under the age of 12 or simply fucking retarded.

Not quite a specific game, but I love to hate on anything that comes out of EA.  Again and again, they never cease to suck the soul out of gaming.