THE BLOG INITIATIVE

snake911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#201  Edited By snake911

This is cool. I'll stop being lazy and start blogging again. Hopefully consistently.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Sweep: *Knock Knock* you there, man? xD

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By fwylo
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#204  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

OK, sorry about the delay guys, I've been having issues with my internet connection and I haven't been able to access the main GB site, only the mobile site (which doesn't have post editing functionality, so I couldn't update the blog initiative). Assuming my internet doesn't decide to be stupid again, I should have an update up later today.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@MattyFTM said:

OK, sorry about the delay guys, I've been having issues with my internet connection and I haven't been able to access the main GB site, only the mobile site (which doesn't have post editing functionality, so I couldn't update the blog initiative). Assuming my internet doesn't decide to be stupid again, I should have an update up later today.

Awesome stuff.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Featured Blog:

I have always been fairly intimidated by the sheer frequency of blogs produced by Bruce. With over 877 (!!!) blogs since joining the site, Bruce is winning. I know it's not a race but he's winning regardless. The majority of his blogs are about music and songs and whatnot. His album reviews are particularly noteworthy:

"Believe it or not, 2003’s “House of Jealous Lovers” wasn’t the first time that the Rapture hit dance music. In fact, two years prior, iiO released their worldwide club hit interpretation of the Second Coming, “Rapture”; and I much prefer the unabashed club pop of the latter over the DFA blueprint of the former. For a tad more (necessary) context, Blondie’s “Rapture”, released in 1981, was the first rap video to be played on MTV. What separates Luke Jenner and his Rapture from a number of others, is that he actually has the faith as opposed to merely wanting a two syllable synonym for orgasm."

READ MORE

Featured Blog:

Everybody loves Claude. Right? Bizarre, surreal, unpredictable and wise, he's like the novelty grandfather who farts at family reunions. Also, he has a beard. I don't know how best to describe his blogging style, as I can't help but feel you need to experience them for yourself to fully understand just how unique they really are. The closest I could get was: "They are probably some kind of weird abstract poetry":

"Routines are major part of my gaming life cycle. My routines change and so do my games. Change...nothing but change."

READ MORE

Featured Blog:

It's heartbreaking when I occasionally stumble upon blogs which are regularly updated, feature great passion and enthusiasm, but remain seemingly ignored by the community. That's why we are here, and that's why The Blog Initiative needed to happen; So the work of writers like RenegadeSaint can receive the attention it deserves. RenegadeSaint has written several blogs since the one I'm about to quote, but this passage was so painfully accurate that I needed to feature it here:

"I think everyone reaches a point in their blogging career when they ask themselves, "Why am I doing this?" It is rare that a suitable and satisfying answer comes to light. Some people do it to explore their own thoughts in an organized fashion, others do it for entertainment, and others simply as a job. I don't know why I write to an invisible audience. If we are to be brutally honest, most of us blog because we crave attention and want to be recognized for our worth. It's tough to admit such a superficial and seemingly needy concept, but a blog that receives 20 comments is certainly more satisfying than one that lives in obscurity. It's just one more attempt at belonging, one more stab at climbing the social ladder. It is not an unwise attempt by any means. The anonymity of a community such as this one affords many people an opportunity to become something utterly more satisfying than their real-world counterpart. The risk is minimal and the veil never has to be lifted, unless the writer chooses to do so. Just to clarify, I am not saying that people who blog are are unsuccessful in other aspects of their life, but talents hidden away by shyness and social misunderstanding need not hinder someone in the written word."

READ MORE

Stay tuned for more featured blogs...

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#207  Edited By Hizang

Its back baby, also RenegadeSaint's most recent blog is awesome.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I was a little busier today than I expected, so I've haven't had time to scour the blogosphere for all the best blogs, so I've just thrown together some blogs from the usual suspects, most of whom have been featured before. I should be updating this reasonably regularly now, so if you had a mind blowingly awesome blog and didn't get featured, I'll hopefully feature it pretty soon.

Either way, it's updated. So that's something.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#209  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

If you get on this always remember to email interns@whiskeymedia.com if you want something promoted on the "Rad Community Stuff" portal. They'll always respond.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Hizang

IGN have done 3 feature articles about N64 so far...

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#211  Edited By ArcBorealis
kieran_smith5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#212  Edited By kieran_smith5

@Sweep: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/kieran_smith5/call-me-crazy/30-86766/

I can't believe I am committing to this...

shakra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#213  Edited By shakra

Alright I guess I'll go make a blog post. Zooom

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I tend to drift off into tangents about narrative and gameplay while I'm suposed to be writing content for my tabletop game... I'm going to attempt to make a regular article of these tangents.  This is one I had today after playing a lot of Resident Evil 5.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Hizang
Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#216  Edited By Spence_5060

Back in the day I used to write pretty good blogs when I used to write them consistently which you can find here. The earlier ones I think are better.

Maybe with a little encouragement on my past blogs I might get back into them which was fun.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@ZombiePie said:

If you get on this always remember to email interns@whiskeymedia.com if you want something promoted on the "Rad Community Stuff" portal. They'll always respond.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#218  Edited By TrashMustache
Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I write about games I have played (not reviews just how much I have or haven't enjoyed them. So far I just have Dead Island up, I'll write more as I get more new games) and post whatever I write..not sure if people want to read that or if I even want people reading it.

Here's my blog though.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#220  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I just posted one up about my adventures as a budding professional writer.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#221  Edited By super_machine

I could write about my experience working in the film VFX industry, but all it would be is an incoherent profanity laced rant. Some memories should never be recalled.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#222  Edited By ArcBorealis
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Hizang

Week 2 baby!

Hasn't this thing finished yet, thought it was only a month?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#224  Edited By Video_Game_King

Guys, I might as well bring it to your attention: the Blog Initiative is scheduled to end this Wednesday, at least if the initial statement that it would last a month is to be believed. Get your best shit in before Wednesday.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Hizang

Despite not having a BI yet, I thank Sweep for starting this, made me do my N64 blog and my CP blog.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In the midst of a particularly bad bout of some sickness of other, I got my ass out of bed and wrote some shit, and would love any feedback.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TWiSTEDmerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By TWiSTEDmerc
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#230  Edited By Dalai

Unstickied? Alright, I guess Sweep got the point across.

Anyway, here's my latest blog... if you like crappy satire, you'll probably like this.