The Bombcast is FANTASTIC! BUT, what are the other best podcasts?

• 126 results
domsalvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By domsalvia

Same as always, One Life Left - chip tunes, excellent reviews and good laughs. Hosted by Ste Curran, ex editor off of Edge magazine.

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By NickLott
Mattalorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Mattalorian

@domsalvia: This is great! I'm listening to it right now.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

MBMBaM and Weekend Confirmed.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By TheHT

Tested podcast is great.

littlemanbodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By littlemanbodie

@wmaustin55: Totally agree about the comedy button, but is it me or has Rebel FM gotten pretty fuckin boring. They just stick with games so strictly that it gets really stale. Whereas the bombcast and geekbox go off on interesting tangents and vary it up.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By handlas

Screened and Tested of course.

Videogamer.com podcast is also one I listen to from time to time.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By chan05

I'm also listening to:

• IGN Gamescoop
  • IGN Knockin Boots Podcast
  • Major Nelson Radio
  • IGN Podcast Unlocked (Xbox 360 podcast)
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Game One (German Podcast)
  • This is Only a Test
  • IGN Tech Fetish

All of them are totally worth listening to. However it depends on how much time you have. If you can only listen to 1 or 2 then I would suggest IGN Gamescoop and Weekend Confirmed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By WMWA
@LittlemanBodie Yeah, to be honest it has. Im usually not one to even speculate on shit I know nothing about, but it seems like Anthony and Arthur may have just drifted apart. They don't have the same chemistry anymore and it's apparent. It's a shame. Rebel FM was the first gaming podcast I got into after the fall of 1up. It also led me to find the Gamespy debriefings/comedy button. (I donated to the kick starter) and to listen to the Bombcast for the first time. Which led to me buying a subscription here. It will always have a place in my heart. Same as egm live, 1up fm etc.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By VisariLoyalist

I actually enjoy the ign game podcasts a lot especially podcast beyond

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By saethir

Hmm, how about I throw all the stuff I think is good at this forum wall and see what sticks?

WTF with Marc Maron: If your into comedy, or just want to listen to an in depth interview that will probably end up in an awesome and weird place.

Comedy Bang Bang: always hilarious, hosted by Scott Aukerman with frequent guest appearances by Paul F. Tompkins as well as many other great comedians. (many of whom have their own podcasts.)

The Smartest Man in the World: Greg Proops of Who's Line fame on a stage rambling about politics, ancient Rome, drugs, and Satchel Page.

Smodcast: If Kevin Smith is your style

Irrational Interviews: The one where Ken Lavigne talks to Guillermo del Toro is especially great.

The Bugle: John Oliver (from the Daily Show) and Andy Saltzman present an audio newspaper for a visual world.

The Vergecast: Josh Topolsky and crew talk about the week in tech. Sometimes a different opinion from Tested is nice, as much as I love those guys.

The Nerdist: I find this podcast hilarious and sometimes even informative.

Enjoy, if they apply to your tastes. I have an office job, so I'll take all the podcasts I can get.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By zeforgotten

Yogpod, The Shaft and This is Only a Test and TGS Podcast

Casey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Casey25

I have a healthy and balanced diet of gaming/comedy podcasts throughout the week. Here are some you should check out.

As many others have noted, MBMBaM is great.

The Mega64 podcast (video) is great and has been going on for a few years now. They sometimes talk about games, their videos, and just random stuff, but it's the mixture of personality and their own style of humor that makes it great.

Talkradar is the best video game podcast i've ever listened to, or perhaps was. They've been changing things around with hosts and others leaving the company. That said, it's pretty common for people who start getting into talkradar to listen to older episodes for the comedic value alone.

Laser Time is the talkradar personalities talking about any subject they want, usually 90s pop culture, bad movies, etc. But regardless of subject, it's almost always funny and their conversations relate to anyone born before 1993ish.

If you like video game music, Brett Elston (of talkradar, now working at capcom) hosts VGMpire, which is all abotu video game music. It just started a few months ago and it's been pretty good so far, going over subjects like advance wars, goldeneye, metroid, sonic, mario kart, etc.

You can't really go wrong with Stuff You Should Know (from howstuffworks.com). It's an informative and entertaining podcast about pretty much anything you can imagine.

i also listen to the Joystiq Show, Major Nelson, and the OXM podcast on occasion. The PC Gamer podcast seems alright, i just started out (because of Chris Antista joining, pretty much) and i like it so far.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ez123

Try the Earwolf podcasts. Who Charted is my favorite podcast right now. They announced that they're going to do 2 podcasts a week starting next week so if you like it, there's going to be more to like.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#66  Edited By Kidavenger
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By musubi

I seriously don't understand everyones hard on for MBMBAM ive tried to listen to it multiple times and it does absolutely nothing for me.

Avatar image for posttimeskipsam
posttimeskipsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By posttimeskipsam

The Comedy Button and Podtoid(Destructoid's Podcast) are incredibly amazing for how ridiculous and borderline offensive the conversations can get.

G4's Feedback: It's a video podcast about video games. It was hosted by Adam Sessler, but Blair Herter is now hosting. Also a mister Patrick Klepek was a usual on the show before he left G4.

Mega64 Podcast: The Mega64 guys just talk about whatever pops into their mind, but it's entertaining.

Stuff You Should Know: It's a podcast about...stuff you should know. The hosts are great and the show is actually informative.

Rebel FM: Great cast and they talk about videos games.

This is Only a Test: The guys at Tested talk about tech and random stuff and getting lunch.

IGN's GameScoop: It's another great gaming podcast, but focused more on comedy.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Comedy Bang Bang is my go to.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mordukai

@Chris86 said:

The BBC Film Review Show with Mark Kermode is by far my favorite film podcast.

And hello to Jason Isaacs, with lot of flappy hand waving.

littlemanbodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By littlemanbodie

@wmaustin55: Yeah the chemistry does seem off. I'll still listen for now though, but sometimes I look at that unsubscribe button a bit too long ha.

pochepiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pochepiller
The_BrownGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By The_BrownGhost

Irrational Behaviour is great, it's from the team at Irrational, usually hosted by Ken Levine, and it's a really good insight into the gaming industry.

malnourish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By malnourish

Toblowski Files and Hardcore History

Chias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Chias

Not sure if anyone else here has heard of it, but I'm currently really enjoying the Run Button Podcast. It's 3 guys 2 of which are cousins, talking about whatever comes to their minds, but it's usually video games. I recommend listening to it. Two of the people doing it are currently doing a Let's Play of every Sonic game ever made, and they just finished Sonic Adventure 2 if anyone is interested in that as well.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deathfury

MBMBAM is fantastic all around. If you're at all interested in a podcast focusing on traditional games, I'd suggest Fear the Boot.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#77  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I really like wikigameguide.com 2 Chimps On a Davenport

Also just started the CAGcast a few weeks ago

Avatar image for favoritobandito
FavoritoBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FavoritoBandito

Besides Bombcast, I usually enjoy Weekend Confirmed, Rebel FM, and Tested. But if you haven't go back and listen to some of the old GFW podcasts. They still entertain me.

Morris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Morris

@WinterSnowblind: I love MU as well, you wouldn't expenct that kind of care to be taken by a paranormal podcast, plus their accents are pretty awesome!

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jimi

Tested and Screened are great

Mega64

Kermode and Mayo's film podcast.

The yogscast (even though they don't do podcasts any more. the ones that do exist are great.)

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#81  Edited By I_smell
@Alo81 said:

I'm looking for other great podcasts to listen to. I listen to the bombcast and the tested podcast. What else do you guys consider worth listening to?

I'm open to gaming and non gaming podcasts, just entertainment is appreciated.

Comedy Bang Bangis a comedy podcast where a host interviews famous comedians, and every episode some CRAZY NUTBALL will take over and ruin the whole show for an hour.
Mike Detective is an old-time radio detective show parody that is hilarious and also retarded.
LaserTime is a podcast about old terrible cartoons and movies n shit, and everything people get nostalgic about on the internet.
Idle Thumbs was the funniest gaming podcast, but has been discontinued. It was 3 guys who now work at Irrational and Telltale Games, and it was kind-of inside commentary on how the games industry is a giant idiotic babbling joke that gets more n more dumb every day. 
Irrational Behavoir / Irrational interviews is a podcast about how some guys make videogames, if you're into that.
Smodcastis 2.. fuckin.. fat stoner idiots I guess. 
Smodcast.com/channels/Mohr-StoriesIs a comedian who interviews people in the comedy biz. It's really fucking racist and blue and legit.
The Complete Guide To Everythingis a podcast that tries to summarize a topic every week until they've over-taked Wikipedia, except the hosts are 2 uninformed spitefule boneheads, so it's actually just 2 funny dudes improv-ing on stuff and being funny.
TalkRadaron GamesRadar.com is a pretty funny games podcast (It kind-of got Gamespot'd last year and half the people left though) if you're into stuff like "Tri-Forced Entry", "Ethnic Mickey" and "Heavy Raip". Which I very much am.
Stuff You Should Know is a podcast that takes like 30 minutes to just tell you about weird shit you've never heard of... That's not so much a funny one though.

I'VE GOT MORE but these are probably the best.
-Oh and the Nintendownload Xpress.
Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Zleunamme

Rebel FM is what go me to Giant Bomb. A life well wasted is another good podcast about video games. The thing is that Robert Ashley-show creator- focused on recording music for his band. He hasn't put out any podcast in the last year and half. I've been listing to other Whiskey Media podcasts like Screened, Tested and Comic Vine. For the most part they are pretty good.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83  Edited By willin

Basically if you love wrestling you listen to Wrestling Observer and 'The Bryan and Vinny Show'.

laugurinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By laugurinn

Comedy Bang Bang, Adam & Joe, Who Charted?, Skeptics Guide to the Universe, Skeptoid, Doug Loves Movies, Mike and Tom Eat Snacks...

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Time_Lord

Comic Vine do good podcasts. State of the Game and Inside the Game if your into the StarCraft 2 scene at all.

Sidekick-Trio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Sidekick-Trio

I haven't seen them mentioned elsewhere in this thread so I'll throw them in here. Walking The Room and Uhh Yeah Dude are probably the two funniest podcasts I listen to regularly. I enjoy MBMBaM just like everyone else here and Rebel FM. I don't get the Arthur hate though, the person I can't stand is Matt Chandranay or however it's spelt, what a whiny, spineless attempt at a man he is.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By icicle7x3

Mega64

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#88  Edited By Humanity

@sideshow said:

@DjCmeP said:

I like the Mega64 podcast and Invisible Walls is sometimes alright but I usually skip most of the stuff.

i cant stand Shane from IW.. but Marcus is cool

i like epicbattleaxe.com prefer The Axefactor over EpicBattleCry though

Thats funny because I like Shane the most but can't stand Marcus.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Talis12

@Humanity said:

@sideshow said:

@DjCmeP said:

I like the Mega64 podcast and Invisible Walls is sometimes alright but I usually skip most of the stuff.

i cant stand Shane from IW.. but Marcus is cool

i like epicbattleaxe.com prefer The Axefactor over EpicBattleCry though

Thats funny because I like Shane the most but can't stand Marcus.

to each their own..

i know he's the host but he never lets others speak, always has to drop in mid sentence with people, its annoying.. plus, its obvious he's bias towards certain people/developers/games, which is cool.. IF you openly say so.. but he always denies he is.

not to mention his fake laughter..

i like him better on the bonus round as guest, than on invisible walls as host

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By BRich

Adam Carrolla has the best non-Bombcast podcast, every single day.

Bill Simmon's B.S. Report if you have any interest in sports or pop culture.

The best podcast ever is the Ricky Gervais Show featuring Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. I bought all of these on itunes, unfortunately it is not still running.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#91  Edited By DocHaus

Off the top of my head...WTF? with Marc Maron is probably my favorite, though I also listen to NPR's "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!" on occasion as well.

A friend of mine keeps telling me about a sci-fi short story podcast called Escape Pod but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Also there's the unofficial AV squadcast, AlphaVictor, which I happen to do on occasion (shameless plug).

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By fenixrevolution

The Tested podcast is tied with the Bombcast as my favorite current podcast.

Weekend Confirmed is also good, they like games, they don't have as many tangents as the Bombcast crew, so it's more on topic.

Idle Thumbs was the king in my eyes, but everyone got jobs and moved out of the same city. They have been teasing at brining it back. We can hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f90eabee6bba
deactivated-5f90eabee6bba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epic Battle Cry.

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pox22

The Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr is awesome, provided you like Bill Burr. Which you should.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Aegon

Someone should make a poll with a bunch of these as options. I'd rather see numbers dammit!

tescovee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By tescovee

This is the best ever....6 years running. Funny as hell http://uhhyeahdude.com/ Seth and jah are the best. Start at the begging. I can't possibly recommend this enough

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#98  Edited By Gabriel

If you want to do something with your Netflix instant account, check out Filmsack.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#99  Edited By sjschmidt93

Anyone who cares about esports/SC2 probably already knows these but  Live on Three,  Inside the Game and State of the Game are all fantastic.  

If you haven't listed to the current A Life Well Wasted episodes, you need to. I also like Weekend Confirmed, 8-4 Play and the Geekbox. 

Also -- the Joe Rogan Experience 

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Stepside

What I usually have on my phone:

• Savage Love - Amazing and long-running sex-advice podcast by Dan Savage. Dirty, insightful and fucking hilarious at the same time.
  • Stuff you should know - Awesome podcast from Josh & Chuck. Good irreverent humour and super informative.
  • Freakonomics Podcast - Really well produced and super interesting