The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Phantom555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There was this co op fighting game that my brother and I played back in the 90’s. Couldn’t have been no earlier than 95 and no later than 97. The only two consoles we owned was a Super Nintendo and a SEGA. I don’t remember which SEGA since it was stolen a couple months after we got it.

Anyway, the game was a co op fighting game that reminds me a little of Streets of Rage. One of the main things I remember was that we had to ride the city bus at some point in the game. I can’t stop thinking about it. Please help.

Phantom555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was this co op fighting game that my brother and I played back in the 90’s. Couldn’t have been no earlier than 95 and no later than 97. The only two consoles we owned was a Super Nintendo and a SEGA. I don’t remember which SEGA since it was stolen a couple months after we got it.

Anyway, the game was a co op fighting game that reminds me a little of Streets of Rage. One of the main things I remember was that we had to ride the city bus at some point in the game. I can’t stop thinking about it. Please help.

kgabr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, im looking for this game i played for a while when i was a kid.

It was probably an NES game, japanese only, but I can't be sure because i had a fake NES that took those yellow cartridges and looked like a fake Sega megs drive.

It was a side scrolling game, i had 3 characters: one dude in green shirt that could shoot, one guy in black, with a hat

(and maybe a cigarette) that could also shoot but better ( 4 bullets at a time instead of 1) . The third character was a samurai, he had a katana that 1 shot everything.

When one of the characters died, you could choose another from the remaining ones until everyone was dead. You could also rescue your dead characters if you found them somewhere in a room.

The first level was inside of a house, second maybe in a forest (not sure about this). Soon, at lvl3 or 4 i got to a point where i couldn't progress because I didn't understand a message.

If you know this game, please help me find it. Thank you!

kgabr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5005  Edited By The_T

So this one seems unlikely but I figure I'd give it a go...

It was probably Windows 95/98 era, an educational kid's game where you built monsters out of parts and then went around little areas and did, I think activities, or talked to other monsters, or something? It was more like a point and click adventure game in that you clicked on things to go to them, you didn't have any direct control. I super don't remember any details... it definitely felt pretty cheaply made and may not have been from a major publisher, but I think it did have voices in it? Not sure.

Kevinhfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My girlfriend has been trying to remember the name of this vertical puzzle (ala snood) game from the late nineties/early naughts that she definitely played on the PC (windows). She remembers it coming pre-installed on her family computer sometime between 96-03.

It featured a timed element where the top of the screen would creep downwards and eventually fill the screen causing a game over. We can confirm it was NOT any of the bubble bobble games, columns, puzzle fighter, snood or puyo pop, but it was definitely a game LIKE these.

Sorry for the vague clues, this has been driving us both nuts, and we are thoroughly stumped. Do your thing GB community.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@phantom555: Those games all blend together for me, so I can’t remember which one had the sequence you are talking about, but I can help you in two ways. Co-op fighting games like Streets of Rage or Final Fight are usually called brawlers. If you look up a list of brawlers for the SNES that would be a good way to find it. Secondly, while it is possible you got a Saturn, the most likely Sega system is the MegaDrive/Genesis. The Saturn was released in 1995 but only in a very limited number of markets, so unless you got it brand new and live in Japan, the USA, or (I believe)Great Britain, chances are the Genesis is more likely. Brawlers were also very closely associated with the Genesis as Streets of Rage was ported to home systems on that platform.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@kevinhfry: unfortunately dozens of Bubble Bobble clones were released to Windows computers in that era. Without something more specific to go on there is no way to know which one she is referring to. I would just search Bubble Bobble clones for Windows 95/98 and see what comes up.

somak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this really cool flash game with this rock/metal music in the background and I can’t remember the name, it was around 2010 and I was like 8 and it was a launch/distance flash game. It was all grey and the music was the same song, and when you died it would just stop. Can someone PLEASE Help me find this awesome game.

Kevinhfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5010  Edited By Kevinhfry

@kevinhfry: We figured it out. The game was the hilariously generic "Bubble Shooter".

Kevinhfry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_t: could it be one of the “Zoombinis” games? https://external-wiki.terc.edu/display/ZOOM/The+Game

Sugar_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I’ve gone crazy and might be searching for a game that doesn’t exist... but I will not rest until I can relive playing this fun game I never got to fully enjoy; I've gotten almost desperate at this point.

It was an old mobile game about navigating through high school as a girl with brown hair (the main character.) By clicking on a locker icon, you could be sent to the main menu that that had a phone icon (I think one with buttons; the time period was like early 10s or maybe even late 2000s) and the locker had a distinct sound effect — like being shut with a whoosh (idk if that made any sense) there where a lot of other characters involved that she was required to interact with and create storylines with, completing tasks they needed to be done. For example, she would go to this shake shop and talk to other characters found there (I think one character, a boy maybe, in particular, worked at the bar.) There was also a prom at the end I believe and you had to pay to get the full version (I remember that specific detail bc my mom never agreed to pay for it at the time.) The background music was very joyful pop, akin to the early 2010s, with a continuous guitar riff.

And I might be making these three things up so if you have a guess feel free to completely disregard this tidbit but she was new I think and at the beginning of the game, she had to stay in class with a teacher and talk about something — being the new student, maybe? Also, there was something about a band and a group of people (probably boys) playing in a garage where she had to help them do something so they could complete a song, and the mc used emojis to interact with the other characters. I might be mixing those up with something else but please help me find this game, it would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

Sciware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5013  Edited By Sciware

Hey peeps I just created this account to ask about a certain game, I'm still trying to find out what it is but I think you play as a robot in a top-down kind of style and you push these objects around to complete levels. I remember playing this game around 2009-2012. If you need more info or can help me find this old game pls tell me!!!

O btw it was downloaded

dfin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey there!

Doubt anyone may know what I'm talking about, but I remember playing a game on my PC when I was younger (would barely call it a game haha) that was pretty much just you picking a fighter (I believe all of them were robots) and all that then happened was you would watch cutscenes of them fighting the other robots. There was multiple robot fighters, I believe one of them was also like a lizard-robot, too. Sorry if that isn't enough information but thought I'd give it a try. Thanks!

Maru19137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, I hope you can help me find out something that I have tried for years with no further progress to this day.

So, in advance, let me say: I only have my memories and nothing else as a clue to help us to move forward, so I am now saying the only thing I can remember.

Well, it's about a flash game that I used to play with my sisters, it's a kind of fight and jump and run mixture where (if I'm not mistaken) there are 4 protagonists and 4 antagonists.

The following things I can remember about the different characters:

* One character (the main protagonist, I think) was a light blue octopus who (I think) can shoot up ink

* Another was a small, somewhat rounder character, which was his characteristic to attack with green fire and otherwise he was also rather completely green, like a kind of character with its own elementary powers

* Otherwise there was still the main antagonist of the 4 antagonists, and his color was black.

And yes, I think every character had its own element, (at least I think it was like that with the protagonists)

The levels were set up in different everyday premises like a kitchen or a children's room (if I'm right), so the characters were microscopic or at least smaller than a book, for example. Google after the Flash Game: Super Chick Sisters, then you will understand the level structure with this type of 'being shrunk'

I put all of my hope in you guys.

Sincerely, Maru

vitos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a couple of games that have been driving me mad for years. I was pretty young for both so the memories are hazy.

MagnetPhonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5017  Edited By MagnetPhonics

@dfin24: Rise of the Robots is an infamously bad game/scam that meets that almost meets that description. It did have some absolutely terrible combat though and will certainly slip into last place permanently when the science is applied.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetphonics: Rise of the Robots is a bad game but it is an actual fighting game. It isn't cut scene based.

Also it is far from the worst fighting game of all time, as the science will show. It's terrible, but it's not as terrible as things like the Commodore 64 version of the first Street Fighter game.

dfin24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magnetphonics: Hey, thanks for your response! Unfortunately, that isn't the game, as someone mentioned, the game was pretty much just cutscenes, not an actual fighting game. Thank you though!