Here's one that has always been on my mind, a friend had it back in the day and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called;
- Mid to late 90's PC game.
- Arena (third?) person shooter/battle
- Collect different heads when you kill opponents
- Heads had varied abilities/powers/stats
- If I remember correctly, the "heads" make up the majority of the character/body with arms legs and weapons just being extensions of them
- Some sort of Space/Universe theme?
- *Could be way off but for some reason I remember the name having some rad 90's Zs' in it like Headz OrbZ or something?*
Found it; http://www.ign.com/games/hedz/pc-10460 H.E.D.Z.
Ordered myself a copy on Ebay, hah..