#3001 Edited by jerrek (26 posts) -

@jerrek said:

Here's one that has always been on my mind, a friend had it back in the day and I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called;

• Mid to late 90's PC game.
  • Arena (third?) person shooter/battle
  • Collect different heads when you kill opponents
    • Heads had varied abilities/powers/stats
    • If I remember correctly, the "heads" make up the majority of the character/body with arms legs and weapons just being extensions of them
  • Some sort of Space/Universe theme?
  • *Could be way off but for some reason I remember the name having some rad 90's Zs' in it like Headz OrbZ or something?*

Found it; http://www.ign.com/games/hedz/pc-10460 H.E.D.Z.

Ordered myself a copy on Ebay, hah..

Avatar image for justtakemymoney
#3002 Posted by justtakemymoney (28 posts) -

Alright, I played this game on the PC probably sometime around 2000-2001. It was an overhead RPG in the style of Dungeon Siege. I don't remember much of the game but I recall the game starting you off in a sort of ruin or Stonehenge-like circle. The main character was a male and I don't believe there were any customization options. The only other thing I really remember was the box art and I think in the lower right hand corner of the box there was a cyclops. Also the publisher/developer intro featured a company whose logo was a stylized fish in a blue fish tank or orb of some sort. Thanks for any possible help!

#3003 Posted by stevewestmark (49 posts) -
#3004 Posted by Kittydelacreme (1 posts) -

I cannot for the life of me remember or find any info on this game. Im 22 now, and i remember playing it when i was like 5. I believe it was on PS, but thats fuzzy. The main character was a female, a squirrel i think. You could travel by a flying boat or maybe it was a hot air balloon??? I think it was a little on the steampunk side. And thats literally all i can picture from this game....Help me out, guys!

#3005 Edited by nadav6565 (5 posts) -

The game had a yellow disk and the creature was on it
it was a purple creature with horns and a cape

3D game from 1990-2000 and I remember the end of the name was ...man

#3006 Posted by nadav6565 (5 posts) -

and it was 3rd preson

#3007 Edited by ghost0123 (2 posts) -

I hope someone can help me find this game. I remember playing it in the 90s.

It was some sort of first person puzzle adventure game or an FPS. The environments were kind of dark and creepy and I think I remember playing a part of the game in some sort of metal tunnel maze with fans.

I specifically remember there being some type of bush/plant-like monster man. He might've had cartoon-like eyes, kind of like oscar the grouch. I think the graphics were sort of realistic/full motion video style, kind of like "realms of the haunting". And, you might've been able to use a rake as a weapon.

That's all I can remember. Any help is appreciated!

#3008 Posted by BeachThunder (14735 posts) -
#3009 Posted by ghost0123 (2 posts) -

@beachthunder: hmmm I don't think that's it. The game I'm trying to remember had even more realistic looking graphics, kind of like those cgi rendered puzzle games. Thanks for your help though!

#3010 Edited by Stevo123 (2 posts) -

Hello there,

I have been trying to think of this game from when i was a kid and i have been struggling for weeks.Game is about aircraft combat set in WW2 and pretty sure its between 2000-2010(maybe couple years older). after every mission(which are repeatable) you get some sort of a medal of what u did in the same mission.I remember couple of missions were you had to protect ships from getting destroyed by German subs.I am also pretty sure there was also a mission were you had to destroy as much of enemy bombers as you can(obly couple of examples). Appreciate your help even if you dont think of anything but in that case if you dont mind giving me some sort of a list of older air combat games set in WW2. I also think(probably not) i got it on CD on a Croatian magazine called "Bug".

Thanks and pls keep me posted

#3011 Edited by Moloklaw (1 posts) -

@stevo123: there are a lot of WWII games focused on aircraft combat. Do you remember if it was a 2D or 3D game? Did you play it on PC or in a console? Was it a vertical shooter, a strategy game, or something else?

For example, there's the 19XX series, with 1942: Joint Strike (Xbox/PS3), or Blazing Angels, Wings of Prey. Here's also an extensive list of games set in WWII if it helps: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:World_War_II_video_games

#3012 Edited by Stevo123 (2 posts) -

@moloklaw: It was definitely 3d on pc and it was flight simulator i think like birds of steel but maybe not such good graphics and defiantly only ww2 focused and it was a bit arcade-ish not tactical as IL-2 Sturmovik

#3013 Posted by DIABLOKU (68 posts) -

Hello everyone hopefully someone can help. It was on a demo disc. I'm in the US. Pretty sure it was PS2. Third person action realistic. Everything was shades of gray. Definitely Japanese. The payer character threw different types of bombs.

Thanks.

#3014 Edited by AbusedGrandpa (8 posts) -

OK. This one is an Amiga game. I played it for the first time on an Amiga 2000, off some magazine demo diskette. It is a top-down shooter. In the demo, you play as a yellow, trashcan-looking robot. You go around this weird sports-themed obstacle course shooting enemies (also sports-themed) and trying to get to the end of the stage. I seem to think the game has different types of ammo, and possibly even mines you can place, but I could easily be mistaken. The game is 16-bit, and (in my opinion) looks damned good. Nice and colourful. I've been on Google trying to find this game for a couple of hours now, to no avail, so please help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope.

#3015 Edited by YoZo (1 posts) -

Hi! I am looking for a game that is an action game/shooter with the rts style camera, it's a 3D PC game and i played it around 2006. The main objective of the game was to kill some kind of aliens/monsters with different colored guns. The guns were red and blue, you needed to shoot the red monsters with the red bullets and blue with blue bullets.

#3016 Posted by Cantaloup (68 posts) -
#3017 Edited by buckswolf (1 posts) -

Greetings, the game I'm looking for is a 3D game I played in the 2000s. The game was a "mirror's edge" style. Some of our enemies seemed like Indians , our guy likes "Indiana Jones"

We could make long jumps from the game, we could enter pyramid style places. Let's find this game :( Sorry for my english :/

#3018 Edited by yjkhor (1 posts) -

Hi! So I remember playing these two PC games back in anywhere from 2000-2004. I think these came out in the 90s or the year 2000. The first game had an opening screen (the scene you before hit play) in a dark alleyway with an animated character (head tilted down?? Looks like a character on the mickey mouse show), with slow jazz playing in the background. It was a mystery/puzzle-solving game. The second, I barely have memories of besides the fact that it was a creative game (that may or may not involve designing), white background (idk if that even helps) and two main characters. If anyone is willing to help me out that'll be highly appreciated!

#3019 Posted by mathlord (1 posts) -

Hi, trying to help a friend find an old game that she played around 2000 (not sure on the exact year). It was a bit like Carmen Sandiego where there was this gang that was stealing art or valuable items and you had to stop them, except all the characters were animals (kind of like the PBS show Arthur). She remembers one of the puzzles involved rearranging pieces to make a animal-version of the Mona Lisa and if you didn't complete this in time, you'd get attacked by some villainous henchman. The lead villain was also a Lizard. Settings included a museum and a castle.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but any help would be appreciated!

#3020 Posted by ShaggE (8556 posts) -

@yjkhor said:

The second, I barely have memories of besides the fact that it was a creative game (that may or may not involve designing), white background (idk if that even helps) and two main characters. If anyone is willing to help me out that'll be highly appreciated!

This is a long shot, but I immediately pictured The Incredible Toon Machine (aka Sid & Al's Incredible Toons).

#3021 Posted by Chrislybear (1 posts) -

Hey, so i'm looking for a 3D PC game. I never played it myself, but i watched a friend play it a couple of times. I don't know when the game was released, but i think i saw it around the early 2000. What i remember of the game was that you were a person, maybe a girl, who got turned into a bee i think. I remember watching my friend fly around in a first person perspective in a house, and he seemed to struggle with a part that looked to be a maze. It might not have been, but i know that he drew on a piece of paper to try and map it out. I guess maybe the aim of the game was to try and become human again? I'm not sure, but it would be great to see and maybe play the game myself after all this time.

#3022 Edited by BluesMan74 (2 posts) -

Hi guys, recently I started to re-play all the good RTSs games from the 90s, and I had a hard time in trying to remember and finding them, but I found them all.

All but one actually. This is really driving me insane, I`ve been trying to remember this game for a few months now, been looking at so many games that I

ended up finding so many other good games that I had forgot about it.

So here I am asking for help. I dont relly remember much about this game, and that is the problem, but im going to write here what I remember, and with some luck somebody will be able to help :

-I am fairly sure that the game was an RTS, or something very similar to the genre.

-I am talking about a PC game. (unless its older than I think and could be that I have been playing it on Amiga).

-The year that I used to play this game should be somewhere between 1994 and 1999. But could be a little later than that.

-The game in question had a day/night cycle. When the night came all the units switched on some night lights. I am pretty sure that even units on foot used a night light, like a torch,projecting

a cone of light in front of them.

-Maybe the enemies were aliens. Just maybe.

-The game in question is not Dark Colony nor Earth 2150.(they both have a day\night cycle).

This is all I remember about it. Please help me before I lose the last drop of my already disappearing sanity. THANK YOU.

#3023 Posted by LtGrimdark (63 posts) -
#3024 Edited by BluesMan74 (2 posts) -

@ltgrimdark: sorry I wrote it is not Dark Planet but I meant Dark Colony. I just edited my post. Thanks anyway :)

#3025 Posted by dwigtk (337 posts) -
#3026 Edited by megalomart (1 posts) -

Hi! There are two PC games I'm dying to know the names of.

First, there was a little girl PC game, late 90's, that required a tangible platform that plunged into the computer and you had figurines (I remember distinctly a giraffe being one of them) that made the characters appear on screen. There was also a slot to put in plates that had different worlds on them, and once you put one in it changed the world on screen. One of the worlds was a fairy forest.

Second, is an educational late 90's very early 20's PC game. The main characters were cartoon animals that talked, I remember a tiger being a part of the gang. You played little mini games to help you learn shapes and colors, sorts of things like that. One game was to change colors in an apartment. All the settings looked like real life photos, but the animals were cartoons. Another was two sort animals (the non cartoon ones) and they also looked like photographs. You clicked on them and they made noises. I remember there being a part where you can go to China and you learn about a lantern.

I know this info is really vague, but I was probably three or four at the time of playing. I've been trying to find them but I have little info to go on and hoping someone would remember.

Thank you eternally for anyone who can help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3027 Posted by Lynxis (3 posts) -

2 games

1 was I believe an atari game. I think you started in either a mansion, hotel or castle, most likely castle.. it had a few floors and down each floor was a bunch of doors, you would go in one door talk to a guy he would tell you something like a time limit to go talk to another guy ectopic, I was very young and I remember i could never do it in time because there was so many doors I can't recall if they were numbered or not but I remember they all look the same. Here's probably the most important part, I seen my brother got past the trials, he gets like a sword and he goes on a quest or something and the game I think was platform kinda like zelda2

The other game might be harder, I can't remember if it was Sega, SNES or N64. The game was sorta like contra or even metal slug. It was very chaotic and fast paced. I don't remember much.. I think one level you were going through a tunnel and maybe crashed at the end. I think there were a few characters to choose from and I think was multi-player. This is the most important part that should distinguish the game from others, one of the character I'm almost certain was like a humanoid dog, he was wearing either a leather jacket or a camouflage jacket, he might have been wearing sunglasses, in the off chance he wasn't a dog, he could have been a camel.

I did find the only other game I couldn't remember, it is a ps1 mech multi-player game where you are either red or blue team and you would capture territory changing it to your color, I was expecting it to be like mech warrior or maybe an armored core like game but believe it or not it was actually a Robocop game LMFAO no wonder it took sooooo many years to find again, sweet game

#3028 Posted by sleazefrenzy (9 posts) -

Pretty obscure one. PS1 or PS2 game (leaning towards PS2?), you play a nerdy office worker guy who has to run through buildings away from a rolling boulder or giant bowling ball or something. Mostly I remember running towards the screen and jumping over stuff. Probably Japanese.

#3029 Edited by Frances22 (1 posts) -

Please help me! T_T

Is this thread still alive? There's this PC game that I already forgot the name. I played it on 2008 or 2010 i think? I installed it from a yahoo games CD if I am not mistaken. The game is all about interior room designing just like home sweet home. The game that I played is a Halloween version because there are monster that will be your clients (I think there's a version of this game where humans can be your clients). They will say their likes and dislikes so you can use them as guide in designing their rooms. If they don't like it, you can't pass to the next level. As far as I remember, this game was a bit too difficult for me when I was a kid which is why I always look for google for the specific designs and furniture arrangements per level ( this is also the reason why I uninstalled it lol) but It was unique.

I hope someone can guess its name T_T

#3030 Posted by meteora3255 (519 posts) -

@sleazefrenzy: If I had to guess I would say its Incredible Crisis.

No Caption Provided

That image in the background I recognize but can't for the life of me place the game that its from. Please help.

#3031 Posted by Miketingz (1 posts) -

Hey everyone!

I've been looking for a PlayStation One game and haven't been able to find it for several years. I've even gone to the lengths of looking at every single Playstation One game cover, yet nothing stood out.

It is, however, 100% for the PlayStation One, as I remember seeing its review in the official magazine and then deciding to buy it over Jurassic Park at the store.

The main character is, as far as I can remember, a purple robot/alien that has little wheels for legs and you basically steer it around. I remember the cover being a close up of the character, and I think it looked a bit like a dog, with maybe a round black nose. I think the game may have been set on another planet, but I can't remember. For some reason the name "Vox" stays in my mind, although I really don't know why, and I honestly have had no luck on Google.

One of the first missions was driving it around and having to race someone - that "someone" may have looked like a small black computer chip or bug-type character.

I bought this game in the UK, so am not sure if it was only available in Europe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

James

#3032 Posted by sleazefrenzy (9 posts) -
#3033 Posted by LtGrimdark (63 posts) -

@meteora3255: The image isn't from a game, but from the YouTube video "Nyan Cat" which turned into a huge meme in 2011.

#3034 Edited by FireBurger (1575 posts) -
#3035 Posted by mose30 (1 posts) -

So, this was a pc game, most likely made between 2000-06. I was 10-16 then but I liked things like this. Especially suck ships in WWII and the Titanic.

All I know really know is that you use a boat and use electronic equipment like sonar, cameras, and small submarines to find artifacts, boats, and probably mainly treasure in sea or ocean. I think I didn't play it very long because it was a bit too difficult for me. The graphics weren't great but wasn't terrible. If I could see the cover of the cd I probably could spot it.

This would help me hugely. I've been looking for it for a few years now lol. Thanks!!

#3036 Edited by KashanP (1 posts) -

There's this PS1 game, a platform adventure of sorts. The target audience is children and I think it came out around 1999 (I'm 25 now and was between 7 and 11 whilst playing it I believe). You can play as a young girl in pink with a candle or boy in blue with a teddy bear. They run around, collecting golden Z's and defeating enemies. There are boxes they can jump into that temporarily turn them into hulking monsters, ninjas or cyborgs or something.

One quote I remember is "But first you must find and defeat me or those Z's will stay here forever".

#3037 Edited by Cantaloup (68 posts) -
#3038 Edited by Zerocool100 (2 posts) -

I use to play a game like 10 years ago on the computer. It's a shooting game. an army soldier who sits in the middle -surrounded by some kind of sandbags(or a rounded wall for protection) & the soldier can't move he can only rotate to see around him. I used the mouse to turn 360 degree rotation and I used some keys to change weapon and reload.
At the start of the game tanks & soldiers carriers come from far away & the soldiers get out and begin approching me and i have to shoot them using verious weapons and at advanced levels their is airplaines also.
the graphics of the game where not that bad (considering 10 years ago)

Does anyone knows the name of this game & how can i play it or where can i install it from ?
Thx

#3039 Posted by ShaggE (8556 posts) -

@lynxis said:

The other game might be harder, I can't remember if it was Sega, SNES or N64. The game was sorta like contra or even metal slug. It was very chaotic and fast paced. I don't remember much.. I think one level you were going through a tunnel and maybe crashed at the end. I think there were a few characters to choose from and I think was multi-player. This is the most important part that should distinguish the game from others, one of the character I'm almost certain was like a humanoid dog, he was wearing either a leather jacket or a camouflage jacket, he might have been wearing sunglasses, in the off chance he wasn't a

Contra: Hard Corps? It did have a humanoid dog with sunglasses as a playable character.

#3040 Edited by saelraeni (1 posts) -

1. The game isn't out yet, but there was a small trailer for it that involved a woman being shot at by police in a futuristic setting. I also know there was some amazing concept art done by the artists for the game, but I can't seem to find that either. :/
  2. The game is definitely going to be on PC, as far as I know.
  3. The game is a futuristic FPS, and I know that it had a year (or just a large number) in the title.
  4. The game looks like it's going to have brilliant graphics from the trailer, and I know it had its own website.
  5. The intended audience is probably more for casual gamers who love sci-fi FPSes. I'm really sorry I couldn't give more information on it!

If anyone knows anything about what this game may be, I'd be super appreciative! :D

Thank you ^-^

#3041 Posted by ajamafalous (13599 posts) -

1. The game isn't out yet, but there was a small trailer for it that involved a woman being shot at by police in a futuristic setting. I also know there was some amazing concept art done by the artists for the game, but I can't seem to find that either. :/
  2. The game is definitely going to be on PC, as far as I know.
  3. The game is a futuristic FPS, and I know that it had a year (or just a large number) in the title.
  4. The game looks like it's going to have brilliant graphics from the trailer, and I know it had its own website.
  5. The intended audience is probably more for casual gamers who love sci-fi FPSes. I'm really sorry I couldn't give more information on it!

If anyone knows anything about what this game may be, I'd be super appreciative! :D

Thank you ^-^

Cyberpunk 2077?

Avatar image for justtakemymoney
#3042 Posted by justtakemymoney (28 posts) -
#3043 Edited by oeomikioeo (1 posts) -

I cant remember the name of a game that was at xbox when i was play this game propably it was 2009, you could play with co-op up to 4 players at the same screen, the characters was wizards, each wizard had his own color and powers, you watch the character like at diablo 3,in past was the same game as an arcade with pixel graphic,the stages where like diablo 3 a little bit but at the end of each stage was a boss for example a huge spider.I dont know what else i can say, sorry for bad english, thanks for reading. :) And plz answer me.

#3044 Posted by BrunoTheThird (266 posts) -
#3045 Posted by Ben_Lim123 (1 posts) -

Hi all,

Im looking for this educational PC game somewhere between late 90's to Early 2000's

1. Its about a spaceship that crash landed on a planet. ( Either the moon/Mars..i think?)
2. You have to solve Math/Grammar or Science questions to retrieve the parts of your broken spaceship
3. Once the ship is fixed, you will depart back to your home, with people singing happily and what not..you get the drill, a happy ending.

Thanks!

#3046 Posted by odinsmana (760 posts) -
#3047 Posted by JeevesPleez (372 posts) -
#3048 Edited by seiler8 (1 posts) -

Im trying to remember an arcade game from late 80s or early 90s it could be played two player simutaneoulsy. Im not sure if you were guy or tanks or if you could just get into the tanks at certain level. But what I rememnber about the tanks they were blue and redish/pink colors. The game was similar to Jackyal I believe.

#3049 Posted by Bill_McNeal (645 posts) -
#3050 Edited by MamdouhSalah (2 posts) -

I have a game in mind but I can't remember it's name, I've been looking for years now. So any help is appreciated.

- It's a racing game, Space/futuristic kind of race.
- We're racing in something like motorcycles, or Jet-skis.
- The vehicles and parts of the rood are transparent (Or that what I remember).
- It's on PC
- 3D
- early 2000, I had a windows 98 then.