The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

GB did a QL of it, it was a top-down or isometric, they talked a lot about how companies were still testing out pricing for games because the DLC or unlocks were like $30-45? It was kind of like Civilization?

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3052  Edited By meteora3255
MamdouhSalah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@meteora3255: It was in the same genre for sure, but mine looked a little better .. this one is older

sonicddevill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game i played on a computer when i was a child (about 1999) I think it was a DOS game but not sure.

-I think the .exe file was named "Mellow" or something similar.

- It is 2 player only no ai.

-I think there was only one level.

-The graphics are very old school, black background, the players are all one color 1 is red 2 is blue i don't remember much of the stage but i don't think there were many colors at all.

-It was a 2 player VS platformer, the goal was to shoot your opponent with a gun or to push them into lava(i think)

-If you jumped into the other player they would fall over and roll away from you.

-The gun might be a one time use power up.

-The players are humanoid but all one color and the heads is kinda saucer shaped.

Thank you for your time guys.

Singalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everybody,

1. In the 90s
  2. At least a game on PC
  3. 3rd person Shoot Em Up from behind the spaceship/ airplane (in space)?
  4. Graphics were more realistic-like (not so many pixels), eg. like in Rebel Assault.
  5. Casual gamers

The game was quite difficult and you flew from mission to mission, which always looked different. You could upgrade your spaceship and at the end of every mission there was a boss. I can remember two bosses. In the first mission (lava planet) it was a very huge phoenix and in another mission it was huge monster with four legs grabbing the rails of a tunnel.

It would be so ammmmazing, if you could help me.

Plummie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greetings all,

+The game I can't remember is a DOS game on the Commodore I believe from 1989 (may not have been produced in that year but that's the year I played it).

+It's a fantasy rpg game centered around Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes and involves the main character doing different fetch quests to fix the broken rhymes.

+You can choose to be a boy or girl and there are options to choose your race as well, your character wore pajamas

+There were difficulty levels but there was no death

Thank you all and I wish I had more to add but my current memory of the game ends there. I just remember having fun figuring out the puzzles and having the option to play as a character who looked like me. I've been searching for this game for a while to share with my students. If I can remember more or if I find the game I will add to this post as soon as possible. Have a good day!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Plummie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: Oh my gosh, thank you so much! Mixed-Up Mother Goose is it! I couldn't remember the full title to save my life and my search game is pretty weak. So glad I tried posting here. I know it's weird, but you finding the name of the game has made my day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plummie: No problem. I'm a fan of Sierra adventure games and as soon as I read mother goose and fantasy RPG that game popped up in my head. Hope your students enjoy it!

LtGrimdark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@singalon: Might have been Novastorm. Here's a link to a playthrough on YouTube. It's not the first boss, but if you skip to ~13:50 there's a boss battle against a giant phoenix rising out of a volcano.

Singalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltgrimdark: You are amazing!!!!! You made a man very happy today! I was looking for this game since years now.

sectorbass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3062  Edited By sectorbass

Hey everyone, I need help looking for a point-and-click adventure game that came out before 2000. It came in a CD for Windows (95/98). I vaguely remember that it features a guy dressed in a white-blue skin tight "superman" style suit and he had a dog with him. I think the game starts at some kind of a crash site. I remember one of the first scenes was them visiting a mall and you can get inside the mall elevator. Somehow the game is over when they get caught by the police and the scene shows them tied up in the back of a van and you had to start over. Randomly, I remember that one of the things that you can put in your inventory was tape off a shelf.

I have been looking everywhere online for it but to no avail. Thanks in advance everyone!

Trace_Legacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3063  Edited By Trace_Legacy

Greetings people! I require assistance in finding a game that i played long ago. I remember playing it in 2009. It was a train management game where you could transport resources and other stuff (i remember rock mostly). A major part of the game was when your locomotive/train managed to go very high speeds, a newspaper would pop up at the screen and it would say ''*Train name* managed to reach over 95km/h!''. You also had the camera facing from a angled bird's perspective. Don't remember much about graphics but it was mostly 3D mediocre graphics. Thats sadly all i remember about the game :(. I'd be very grateful if someone knows what game im looking for.

marcydep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3064  Edited By marcydep

Hi guys! I don't remember a name of a PC game.

1.It is an hunting game.

2.The opening menu was green.

3.The hunter was bald.

4.You start in a camp,near to a desert(There were giraffes,elephants)

5.The HUD is formed of a compass,hour and other than i don't remember.

6.You have a red quod.

7.I played it about 7-8-9 years ago.

8.When you shoot in direction of the animal,there is a zoom.

9.When the bullets hit the animal,on the skin of the animal a small blood circle is formed.

I don't remember anything else.But i can rack my brain if someone of you can help me. :D

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trace_Legacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Calico_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to play this game on PC. It was on either like a site like addictinggames.com or one of them I don't remember. It was a tank game. I think it was a third person tank game. The graphics were pretty decent. I played it back in high school so from around 2004-2008. I just remember playing it when we had free days in computer class. You would drive around as the tank in like a city structure, not sure if it was multiplayer, I want to say no, but not sure. I know you would fight other tanks but they might have been AI. I'm really not sure what else to say about this cuz I just don't remember a lot.

datdamonfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3068  Edited By datdamonfoo

Ok, this may be a hard one (but aren't they all?) This was an educational-type game from the 90s. I had it on my 486 or pentium 166, so it probably came out in the early to mid 90s. It was an American history game, but with a mystery/adventure element. You were a group of people (I think, two kids and maybe an adult?) along with a floating robot cat. You were trying to do...something (I think find pieces to some machine?) You were in a headquarters and you could travel to different rooms. One room had some sort of history...quiz that you had to get right to progress (I remember Sitting Bull and General Custer were answers to some of the quizzes). Perhaps most helpful was that there was a room that had a bonus game, where a ball would bounce (you viewed it at a top down perspective) and you would need to hit the ball at its apex and then it would break pieces down below. Think Alleyway or Breakout but from a top down view.

Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

datdamonfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserk007: Thanks for trying but no, it definitely wasn't Carmen Sandiego.

datdamonfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe it, but I found the name of the game: Time Riders in American History (1992)

wehrlen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3072  Edited By wehrlen

Hello,

I'm looking for a name of a pc game I had almost 20 years ago. The game was 2D using a spaceship in space. The spaceship could be moved around on the screen, however the background was moving constantly to the left, so the spaceship was moving constantly to the right.

You could pickup upgrades and life points while destroying obstacles.

I remember it like a very fun gameplay. I would really appreciate and information regarding the game or its name.

Thanks,

Alex

Condorul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello,

I'm looking for an old PC game (before 2007).

It was a singleplayer racing game that took place on different planets, with futuristic cars and even small spaceships.

When u beaten some levels on a planet u get to go onto the next planet (a fire planet, an ice one, etc)

In between planets, u get to see a "cinematic" with a big cylinder spaceship (yellow i think...it hurts my brain trying to remember :D) with glass on it's sides what transported all the vehicles and and small spaceships that were racing.

The game looks a bit like "MegaRace 3: MR3" or "Space Racing 3D", but it's not them. I would really appreciate if u help me remember the name of this game.

Thanks,

nadav6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hello.

Im searching for a game the a played in 2004-2006

It was 3d third person game and you were this human like purple creature with a cape and horns

I dont realy remember the objectives but the thing I do remember its that the name of the game ends with ...man

Any help will be appreciated

frtg4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3075  Edited By frtg4

Hey guys, i'm searching for a pc game (late 80/90 i think). It's a contra look alike (so 2d, shooter, side view) and the most iconic thing i can remember about this shooter it's that your character has rocket boots on his feet. I think i bought the game with a magazine.

Thank you all so much!

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3076  Edited By Dray2k

@calico_kitty: It's most likely BZflag. Could've been played singleplayer. In fact, it mixes both Sinpleplayer and Multiplayer well together.

@wehrlen: It might be Pixelships.

@condorul: This really reminds me of Big Red Racing or Planet of Death, except the spaceships part and the "different worlds" part...I don't know that those aren't these games, but considering you mentioned Megarace 3 makes me think its more of a "rail racer" than something like Rollcage. Maybe it was Episode 1: Racer but I doubt it since I cannot remember the cylinder shaped vehicle you've mentioned.

I have a few questions, when you were in a spaceship, could you fly in a way in games like Slipstream 5000 did it?

@nadav6565: Can you remember a bit more, like was it a console game or did you play it on PC? Was it a action game like Soul Reaver? Anything would help, really.

@frtg4: I thought quite a while about it. I can't remember a game where you have rocket boots during that time, if there is a game like this, could you tell me if it was possible doing moves on it like flying horizontally (like Astro Boy)? The closest thing to what you wrote would be Alien Carnage.

frtg4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: You could use the rockets to go up and down but you could use it even to just glide horizontally. For what i remember you could use it even in underwater levels. The graphic was very much similar to contra. And btw even in my reserches Alien Carnage was a frequent answer but, sadly, was a wrong one. (I'm really sorry for my broken english) And thank you so much for your patience!

DeBeVe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3078  Edited By DeBeVe

Ok , so I can't remember the name of 2 games I got from the "Level" magazine in my country in 2007 :

First one was a Demo and you where a guy dressed in a grey german solider uniform trying to infiltrate a German base . The whole game was based around the fact that you were a spy . The main character had a motorcycle , an old one . The game was 3'rd person . That's all that I can remember .

The second game was very similar to CS 1.6 , but you could drive vehicles . You had 3 types of vehycles yuo could choose from . One was a Dune Buggy , one was a humvee and wane was a big military trcuk . I remember that you could throw your knife .

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeBeVe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: Thank you for your answer . The games were older than The sabouteur and COD , I played them in 2007 . The saboteur came out in 2009 . The second game was very similar with CS 1.6 and I mean it did not have a storyline , You could just play rounds .

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debeve: Oh wow, I thought The Saboteur was a released a year earlier, must have misremembered that one, haha. So maybe it was Death to Spies, then? I also remember that game. The character there drove a destinctive Motorbike like the one you see in Indiana Jones 3. Maybe it was that game.

For the second game, I dunno. I remember COD4 had all 3 of those vehicles to drive with...(a small buggy-like Vehicle, a Humvee and a Rocket Truck). Best of luck in finding that game.

DeBeVe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death to spies is very similar to the game I'm looking for . It didn't have the minimap radar like this one . Also the camera was a little bit closer to the character .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeBeVe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3085  Edited By DeBeVe

@magmamud: Omg , yes ! These were the games ! THank you!

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3086  Edited By ShaolinSpade

I'm trying to remember a game that I played a demo of on the PS1. It was a 3rd person action game where you ran around in a robot suit. I think it took place in a sky city(?) and I remember the demo ending after fighting a small zepplin. It had a steam punk/Japanese Europe aesthetic I think and the robot suit looked like this:

No Caption Provided

but it had arms on it that looked a little like the arms on this guy (big floppy and segmented):

No Caption Provided

jhutyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3087  Edited By jhutyra

I used to have a game on my (I believe) IBM PC in the late 1990s or early 2000s. It was an army battle game. You had two bases that were green, and then there were two red bases that you would destroy. It was a desert setting with lots of tall rocks, and you'd drive around and destroy the red army men and smaller tanks the would shoot at you, and then find their bases where there would be a really tall tower that would shoot at you. You also had your own green army men and other tanks and you'd have to keep them alive I believe. You'd go to your base I believe to heal or something. You'd also shoot planes but you were always in a tank. Anyone remember the name? I believe it was a demo and it was on the hard drive. I just really can't remember specifics but I can picture the setting and the game itself.

Condorul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: Sadly, none of the game u mentioned are the one i am looking for, but thank u for helping me anyway.

It's none of the star wars games, it's not first person either, like Slipstream 5000. I was third person only and the "cinematic" i was talking about, i think it was more like a loading screen but animated.

The only thing that i remember clearly is the music that was playing in the actual race, but i cannot describe it here.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@condorul: Do you remember if there was any combat to the game, like did you get powerups and shoot other cars, or was it purely racing focused?

I feel like I know exactly what game you're talking about, especially when you mentioned the big yellow spaceship cinematic and the ice world. But that had to be an older game, like 1999 or early 2000's maybe. (Perhaps even older because I remember the 3D graphics being rather pixelated).

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game from the late 2000s which was centered around terraforming, you had to guide groups of people to certain places, sometimes there'd be environmental hazards such as volcanos errupting or tsunamis, and you had to save your people from dying. I remember the terraforming being very smooth, and I think the concept was that you were sort of playing a god but I'm not sure about that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sandalinbohemia
sandalinbohemia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhutyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhutyra: Can you describe the visuals a bit more. Was it 3D? Was it from a top-down perspective? You mention green army men, but I'm guessing its not any of the Army Men games right?

Some of the stuff you mention makes me think of the game Z by The Bitmap Brothers.

jhutyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: It was all from the eye of the tank you were driving. Was 3D. Your army men had a green dot on them, and the enemy had a red dot on them. I believe their chests.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhutyra: Is it Uprising 1? That really reminds me about that game.

jhutyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dray2k: ugh doesn't look like it! It's like I can remember exactly what it looks like and I'd know it if I saw it, but I was so young I don't remember ever seeing the name

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhutyra: So I guess it was a realistic setting and not a futuristic one? The closest thing were Uprising 1 and Battlezone 1. But I know the demo of Battlezone 1 and I know that it didn't play on any desert like setting in it. It does have the dot thing however, it shows up if you select stuff and its very destinctive.

About the bases thing, it might be a very specific mission.

There are not many games out there that feature comanding armies while you only control a certain tank. From that era I only remember Machines (where you could control many different vehicles but it played on desert places) and Urban Assault (ditto, also different setting). It really must've been a rare game then.

Condorul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magmamud: It had power ups and i think the game is older than 2000...maybe somewhere in between 1990-2000.

Also, when u won some games, u could buy a new car/ship that was better and kinda similar to the ones u were racing against. One car had 6 wheels, one had 8, and i remember a red spaceship with the shape of a tricycle, but instead of wheels it was levitating (also the same size as the cars).