The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

Cheyenne2227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3852  Edited By Cheyenne2227

The game isn't a very old game, i remember playing it like 2 years ago or something. probably like 2014 or 2015

Its it was this kind of point and click / puzzle style game on PC where you found out information on people.

I remember one of the first levels (i think they were in the form of days) was you looking into the social media profiles of people to stop a terrorist bombing.

Sorry i couldn't describe more, but i didn't get very far into it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#3853 gamer_152  Moderator
Cheyenne2227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_152: Oh my god yes, Thanks so much. I KNEW IT STARTED WITH AN O!

DeadWolf20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so I remember this game on the PC between the late 90s and mid 2000s where you are a small robot, you look similar to the robot guy from Toonami, the game is a side scroller like Another World where you go from screen to screen. I actually remember the game being some sort of weird Jurassic Park 3 game but I have looked again and again and I can't find any Jurassic Park games at all that match my memory.

Avatar image for ahura_rogersmith
ahura_RogerSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

I made an account just to see if anyone could help me remember this game I played about 10 years ago.
It was 2D RPG, for Windows XP; in English. Not sure, but the resolution and colours was far better than FF IV-VI series.

There is only one male main character (no party). I remember the beginning, him being in his house with his mother (?) and later in the game i remember it being set to flames (I think there is also hay in the yard) killing the mother (?).

Also, main character can shoot arrows, and the first thing i had to do is kill the crabs which were located south of the house.The problem is I'm sure he can shoot arrows but i think that in quests, when dealing with tough enemies, it turns to battles like in Final Fantasy series (no time limit; attacks exchanges; upgrades and such). I remember a lot of dungeons and chests.

Pff, that's everything I could remember... I hope this rings a bell to someone.
Thank you in advance, guys. :)

Ericfoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3858  Edited By Ericfoster

I’m thinking of a PC game from 94-97

It seemed medieval, mostly with swords. First person, choppy graphics. You could speak to helpful people in the village who would send you on quests.

But if you wanted to be a dick (I was a teenager, of course I did) you could fight your mentor and any of the other helpful people helping you along the quest. Once a “critical to the storyline character” dies, all you could hear were bees in the background- because you could continue to play, but accomplish nothing. Does anyone have any idea?!

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@ericfoster: While I don't recall the bees, you could kill plot critical characters in both The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall and The Elder Scrolls Arena. You could kill some plot critical characters in certain Might and Magic games as well. Might and Magic V-VII I believe came out around that time. Those major ones said, it was not uncommon at all in those days to allow the player to kill plot critical characters. The Ultima series (not first person) was famous for this, for example. Any number of PC RPG's from the period would have allowed it so you would need to know some other defining detail if it is something less common.

Helpmeplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'm not sure if it was a dream or what but I swear I played this ps2 game that was made up of like 25 arcade halloween games. I have no clue what it's called or anything about it. I do remember one of the minigames was a first person shooter of sorts with enemies wearing pumpkin heads? It's very spotty in my memory so I cant be for sure.

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Ok, here goes. Early 2000'nds. B-Game-as-fuck. It was a third person shooter (no cover mechanics). You played as a male prisoner, and the game takes place in and around a prison complex where demonic forces have taken over. I played it on PC but it played like a console port, so OGXbox and PS2 releases likely. It think had very lite choice mechanics around helping or killing guards/inmates that you encountered. There is a specific scene that I remember where you encounter a Latino prison guard in an outdoor area and he exclaims something about "burning chicas up ahead".

DrSocial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

archangel117x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3865  Edited By archangel117x

I'm looking for a flash game (i believe) that makes you get an object to the finish line by constructing something. You can use magnets, rotating circles (tires), wood (to connect the rotating circles), and other stuff I forgot. (The games camera was like a side view i believe) I would normally make this vehicle type thing that would hold the object and get it to the end. Used to play it in school and got some nostalgia just thinking about it PLEASE AND THX.

Fantastic Contraption 2 for anyone who is wondering.

Doggo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3866  Edited By Doggo420

So I have done a bit of digging before going here, I'm afraid it might have been a bootleg, but I won't stop until I know for sure. So I played it around 2008-2010 on the PC, the game was a breakout-like game with 3D structures, it was very cartoonish and most objects had googly eyes. Even your pad had eyes on it. I remember how it looked but can't remember the name. You had 3 lives for each level and there was aroud 100 of them. There were many upgrades like, acid balls, fire balls, spike balls. The ball could resize and multiply when certain upgrades were collected. Your pad could decrease or increase in lenght and there was also a magnet power-up which allowed you to pull your ball towards the pad. I'm certain there was a Treasure Chest level, one with a pirahna, one with three clouds and one with a sphynx. There were probably 100 + 10/20 bonus levels. I'm desperate to find it, I wanted to play it but it seems I have either lost the disc or thrown it out back in the day. Please help.

Some additional info, from that I remember the blocks that you destroyed were often colored as gradients of a single color, different shades of red, green or blue, that sort of thing. And the backgrounds were often like that too, abstract, gradients of single or multiple colors. I really hope someone knows what game I'm talking about.

Doggo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3867  Edited By Doggo420

@doggo420 said:

So I have done a bit of digging before going here, I'm afraid it might have been a bootleg, but I won't stop until I know for sure. So I played it around 2008-2010 on the PC, the game was a breakout-like game with 3D structures, it was very cartoonish and most objects had googly eyes. Even your pad had eyes on it. I remember how it looked but can't remember the name. You had 3 lives for each level and there was aroud 100 of them. There were many upgrades like, acid balls, fire balls, spike balls. The ball could resize and multiply when certain upgrades were collected. Your pad could decrease or increase in lenght and there was also a magnet power-up which allowed you to pull your ball towards the pad. I'm certain there was a Treasure Chest level, one with a pirahna, one with three clouds and one with a sphynx. There were probably 100 + 10/20 bonus levels. I'm desperate to find it, I wanted to play it but it seems I have either lost the disc or thrown it out back in the day. Please help.

Some additional info, from that I remember the blocks that you destroyed were often colored as gradients of a single color, different shades of red, green or blue, that sort of thing. And the backgrounds were often like that too, abstract, gradients of single or multiple colors. I really hope someone knows what game I'm talking about.

So I have found it, the name is Timebreaker. But if anyone wanted to help thanks in advance.

PompousBastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3868  Edited By PompousBastard

1. I'm hoping to find a game I played when I was younger, around 2000, on the PC. It was a children's point-and-click adventure where you tried to find the scattered knights of the round table. I'm not positive they were actually referred to as the knights of the round, as their names were altered. Essentially they each had special abilities, and upon finding enough of them (You had to find them all on hard mode, but only a set number of them on easy), they helped you break into a castle and rescue someone, maybe King Arthur, I'm unsure. I recall one of the knights was green, and his ability was he could turn his hands into shields. He was appropriately names "Sir Shield'n'Hands" (Unsure on spelling).
  2. Era - Probably mid-to-late 90's, I played it around the same time as Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Pajama Sam NNTHWIDO.
  3. Platform - It was definitely on PC
  4. Genre - It was a point-and-click adventure, for children
  5. Quality - If i recall correctly, the graphics were relatively cartoon-y, not awful for the era.
  6. Audience - I'm pretty sure it was for kids
WolfmanX9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to find a game I used to play on the PC in the computer lab a lot. It was on one of those popular free Flash game websites. I believe it was a shoot em up game. I think it was a combination of side scrolling, platform, and shooting. I believe the premise centered around giant alien insects or bugs (bees/wasps). I think they had taken over a space station or space colony or something. Most of the people had been captured and encased in gooey bug webbing. I just remember a cutscene with a dead naked woman or mostly dead naked woman dangling from the goo. I don't remember if there were any eggs or anything like that involved though. It reminded me of Xenomorphs from Alien. I don't remember the title...but I thought it had "Hive" or "Swarm" in it...but it might not have had either one in the title.

Era - I played it around the year 2008 or 2009, I think...but it could have been much older. It was around the time miniclip.com and crazygames and addictinggames were really popular I think.

Platform - Definitely was Flash based on the PC

Genre - It was a shooting game with side scrolling and platform elements. I think it was in the shoot em up section.

Quality - It definitely wasn't 3D or realistic, but the quality was good for a Flash game.

Audience - It was a little more mature (with the people encased in gooey webbing and stuff). I think there was some nudity in there too....mild nudity...so it was probably intended for teens and up.

Avatar image for pistolpackinpoet
PistolPackinPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

there was a game that Drew played years ago on ios. It was a racing management sim. I can't find any sources about it. i think i'm going crazy

LooperBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3871  Edited By LooperBR

I'm looking for a flash game, it had graphics that looked kinda like madness: project nexus it was a shooting game in which you had a colection of guns and the more you used them the better they got and after 5 levels it would get an special upgrade. the bonus for playing in the original site was getting a gun that shot portals that shot chainsaws.

LooperBR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@looperbr said:

I'm looking for a flash game, it had graphics that looked kinda like madness: project nexus it was a shooting game in which you had a colection of guns and the more you used them the better they got and after 5 levels it would get an special upgrade. the bonus for playing in the original site was getting a gun that shot portals that shot chainsaws.

Found it. The name was Versus Umbra.

Avatar image for hellfireeternal
HellfireEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just found this website today and saw this thread... thought I would give it a shot. I have been looking for this game for a while, I posted somewhere else about this (http://forum.pleasuredome.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=31925) if you want to see how that went. Here are some clues...

-I played it on a Pc or a Mac before 94' pretty sure it was an Apple but it may have been MS-DOS. In the game you are a knight and you have to fight "dragons" while going through a maze. I say "dragons" because the dragons looked more like caterpillars, they were fuzzy circles connected with one that had a face. I believe the word dragon was in the title so that the player knew the caterpillars were actually dragons haha! The background was black and the graphics were just simple pixels so the platform predates the NES. The computer I played it on was in my school in second grade and it also had a copy of Oregon Trail, that may help narrow it down. Because it was in my school I didn't get to spend too much time with the game but I always wanted to give it a proper play through. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

-I'm almost 100% sure that the game came in one of those old school white, soft, plastic "boxes" that kind of "snapped" together when you closed it. The type that had a plastic/rubber clear sleeve around it that housed the front cover artwork which wrapped around to the title on the spine as well as the back artwork that showed some pictures of the game and a few blurbs about it.

-What I remember about the game was just a free range type where there were a whole lot of different screens to travel to (kind of like a super early Zelda overhead style.... or even more similar to Adventure on the 2600). But for whatever reason a screen that sticks out in my mind was a maze with pink walls and a green caterpillar moving through it. I remember having to pick up different items and stuff too, just like in adventure. Not all screens had these mazes either. All the screens looked somewhat different.

-Dung Beetles and Wizard of Wor are definately right around the sweet spot for the time it might have come out, but they're both single screen games. The one we're talking about has quite a few different screens that change when you leave one border and enter the next screen (like Adventure or Legend of Zelda, later).

-The "dragons" in the game were horizontal. I'm doubting the name dragon was in the title after all the searching I have done. I was very young when I played this game as well so I could easily be remembering details incorrectly.Things I remember for sure: Black background,Maze style rooms/screens,Adventure style/Zelda style top down view,Caterpillar looking enemies,Multiple color pix-elated sprites,Lots of enemies/movement going on in each room/screen,Released before 1994,Same console I played the game on had the original Oregon Trail

Please help me with this... it would be great to finally figure it out! If you need any more clarification let me know!

cliffhoney54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no idea

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the last E3 Microsoft press conference they had a short trailer for a 2D pixel art game with a heavy cyberpunk style. Anyone remember the name of this game?

sowingshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the last E3 Microsoft press conference they had a short trailer for a 2D pixel art game with a heavy cyberpunk style. Anyone remember the name of this game?

Are you referring to the The Last Night?

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sowingshade: That’s the one, thanks! Have we heard anything more on when that’s coming out?

sowingshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haneybd87: The game's director tweeted this during E3:

DeadWolf20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one seems to be able to remember the last game I described, it's a shame my memory isint better. However there are a few more games I remember. This one was a PlayStation one game that reminded me of Diablo with it's top down look and gothic asthetic. I remember my brother playing it and I remember the main character having black hair some light armor and a sword and my he was walking around what seemed to be a level select area where you would step on these portals a little similar to crash Bandicoot 3

sowingshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3884  Edited By sowingshade

@deadwolf20 said:

This one was a PlayStation one game that reminded me of Diablo with it's top down look and gothic asthetic. I remember my brother playing it and I remember the main character having black hair some light armor and a sword and my he was walking around what seemed to be a level select area where you would step on these portals a little similar to crash Bandicoot 3

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is the game you're looking for, I believe.

ShadowBlueRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to find a pretty old game. I believe it to be a first person crpg. It had turn based combat, and the king sends you into a labyrinth to save his daughter. The map had three locations, the castle, the village, and the labyrinth. There was an item called an angel feather that would take you back to the village no matter how deep into the labyrinth you were. If you ever died the game would just say it wasn't your fate and I think a Valkyrie would take you back to the village. One of the first bosses was a giant crab I think. The merchants in the village would sometimes have special deals for rare items that they don't normally sell or discounts.

That's about all I can remember. Oh, I'm pretty sure it had a short name as well.

GearSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowBlueRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i'm looking for a rogue lite? that was on a quick look it has a graphics stye simiar to that of borderlands but in a chibi like style and you go and raid small bases and gather stuff

LtGrimdark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for iaintplayinthesegames
IAINTPLAYINTHESEGAMES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am trying to find a game that I used to play with my dad. I would guess that it was around the late 90's or early 2000's. We can only remember vague details however. What we think is that it was a golf game or it might have even been a mini game in a different type of game. The characters were 3-D cartoon styled characters, reminiscent of hot shot golf. The game we remember playing was a multiplayer versus mode, it was split screen and both players were standing on tanks or islands and you had to hit bombs at each other with golf clubs and you got points depending on how many times you could blow up the opposing player and their island/ tanks. We are almost positive it was on PS2 but it could have also been on N64 or something around that time period.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@hellfireeternal: I am almost certain I have seen the game you are talking about played by Jeff on this very website. But Jeff plays hundreds of old games in videos every year and so recalling either the name of the game or what stream he played it on is beyond me. If you really want, my guess would be that I saw it on one of his old game streams from his home. That would mean looking through hours worth of footage and it might have been on a different stream entirely or even a quick look of some rerelease or collection but I distinctly recall a black background, multiple maze like screens, and enemies meant to be dragons but that didn't look like much of anything. I will see if I can find out more.

Dante767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just found out about gog.com and I'm trying to get all these old games I wanted to ply but never got to. There is this game that I can't remember the name of, but here's what I have:

I believe it was released in the early 2000's. I think it was by Sierra. Pretty sure it was an RPG. It had what I assume was a Wizard but looked like a Jawa on the box.

Sorry, that's what I have.

LtGrimdark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers