The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#4001  Edited By xymox

Not exactly a video game but I've been trying to find an old table top game.

Here's what I remember:

• The characters had square bases
  • The characters were made of cheap plastic with no moving parts
  • One of the creatures was an Orc.

The orc was completely dark green (weapon, armor and all) and I'm not sure if you were supposed to paint them or something because I remember the whole thing had the same color. I don't remember ever painting them though.

I remember this one orc in particular that was holding a sword over his head but not like in a charging motion, more of an arc so that his arm was raised and the blade went over his head almost towards his other shoulder, if that makes sense.

• The figures were very small, like almost exactly an inch tall.

• I think there was some kind of playfield.
  • This was some time in the early 90s or late 80s but could be earlier (like a second hand/hand-me-down kind of thing)
Avatar image for razor_sharp1997
Razor_Sharp1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@atomicoldman: Good lord, that's it! Thank you so much! I expected the graphics were worse than they are. I'll have to get an emulator and start playing it. I never got past the first level, I probably didn't understand what was going on as I was too young. Once again thank you so much!

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4004  Edited By atomicoldman

@razor_sharp1997 said:

@atomicoldman: Good lord, that's it! Thank you so much! I expected the graphics were worse than they are. I'll have to get an emulator and start playing it. I never got past the first level, I probably didn't understand what was going on as I was too young. Once again thank you so much!

No problem! If you like videos with Dan, you should check out the Super Replay of it when you're done.

There's also an Overblood 2 and it's uh... really something. I wouldn't suggest playing the second, it's such a slog, and there's a glitch a little more than midway through that breaks the game, preventing most people from finishing it.

Anime101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remeber this game either for ps1 or n64, maybe both. I as far as i can remember is that its multiplayer, and you run around as these walking turret mechs and scatared around the map are grounded turrets of sorts. You can change them to your player color (red or blue as far as i know) and fight for you. I dont remember the objective of the game sad to say. It may have jist been a demo.

Crazytay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I played this game on the computer when I was about six (I'm 21 now) but idk how old it was at the time. I remember owning two so they made at least two so it might be a series. 80s? 90s? Cover had a male character holding a simple staff with an orb on it. I remember magic, and it was kinda like original Zelda in the open world sense and the 2D up, down, left, right scroller style. I remember loving it and found it to be a good game. I may be wrong but I sort of remember the character's name being the title? Wish I had more...

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, I'll do my best to explain this game.

It was a PS1 game, RPG (most likely a JRPG). Combat was turn based, random encounters, and you had a small party with you like Final Fantasy games. Art style was sort of like Breath of Fire 3 with sprites and hand drawn pictures of characters faces during speech. At some point you either found or took over this tower on the world map that became like your base of operations. You could go up each level and talk to your party members and stuff, and there was a bald guy with a monocle that called you "Master (whatever you named your guy)", and would correct others when they didn't call you that. Also, you eventually got access to like a speed boat thing that you could use on the world map. This is kind of vague, I know, but I hope someone can help.

So I personally haven't played it, but my buddy suggested Lunar Silver Story. Might be worth checking out.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

@pete0r: YEP! That's the one! Holy hell, thanks duder. I even recognize the dice now that I see it, and the other little figures!

priestess1101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4009  Edited By priestess1101

Ok so this is a point n click style old school adventure game

dos probably? maybe sierra.

80s or early 90s

very similar to kings quest or dark caludron

You start off as a peasant and you live on a farm. there's pigs you need to feed and a village gossip and a girl you're courting but you aren't allowed to see her.

the monsters in the beginning are very likely to kill you

later there are these ducks (maybe geese) and you aren't really supposed to kill them but it's really funny and satisfying when you do. Their necks bleed a lot. Also one woman has one as a pet and you're supposed to look for it.

later there's like an underworld and you fight demons and stuff. the boss is in this section of the game.

Towards the end of the game there was a chapel and if you drank the water in it you would be back at full health. it was like a cute little white wedding chapel.

there's king and a castle and guards and stuff.

You can use a sword or a bow i remember

the screen would lock you on during important fights and it's too old for the camera follow you around.

extra lives were giant floaty heart things and I had fast shoes at one point

PLEASE HELP

Shortfuzze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so, there was this game i played around 2010 where this kid gets thrown out of a window on a high building onto the street below, a medieval RPG game you could learn all types of different magics, get married and join the army it was 3rd person and i played it on the xbox 360

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@priestess1101: Maybe it's one of the Quest for Glory games? I have never played any of them but they look similar to King's Quest and they have combat.

Killerlamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game I played on PC, probably from the late 90s. It's a third person hack and slash style game. The intro cutscene shows somebody in a medieval town getting axed in the head. You can play as either a man or a woman. The enemies in the first dungeon-like level are small (purple?) goblins or kobolds.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerlamm: I can think of either "Die by the Sword" or "Severance: Blade of Darkness". If not, there are still "Rune" or "Heretic 2", for example, but they don't fit the description very much.

Killerlamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptbedlam: All of those were very similar, but the one I am thinking of was darker in tone.

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shortfuzze: Fable II starts in the way you describe and meets most of your points. Fable 3 has a section where you fight alongside a red coated army, but I can't think of anything like that in fable 2.

Sbenoit2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright so this game would gave came out late 90s pearly 00s.you could play free but to play the whole game you had to pay for it.

It was a Christmas based mystery game, Santa was missing. You start off in an elevator which takes you Santa's shop or something. From there you have to go to these different areas of this Christmas themed town. I distinctly remember one part was an empty shop and you had to shrink down to the size of a mouse and use cheese puffs to get the mouse to go to certain areas of the maze to open doors so you could get out. There was a lot of puzzle solving involved.

One part you needed a password to get into a castle? I think the password was yule. There was one scene that had mermaids. Some parts of the puzzles would be like setting something up in a certain color pattern and you would find the pattern, for instance, and the color of the mermaids tails or something. There was a jeapordy type game in one of the shops that you earned money to buy 5he cheese puffs.

For some reason I remember it as kind of creepy. I would think it was gears for 10 and up. It was played on a windows 98 or windows xp.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerlamm: How about Nightmare Creatures 1 (or 2) ? Darker, Goblins and choice between male or female character.

Killerlamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cptbedlam: It's also neither one, but it's so similar that my game must have been a clone or something.

QueenSuicune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4021  Edited By QueenSuicune

Ok, so I am having a REALLY hard time trying t o remember two games that came from the same package. Everywhere I asked, they think I'm making it up but I'm seriously not. I've been trying to figure out these games for the last few years and I can vaguely remember them...so here are some o f the stuff I remember...

1: The first game, (btw, both games are kids games from the 90s) the characters looked like sesame street characters but it wasn't a sesame street game, just a 2D drawing of a puppet character in general. So it was a family with a dad, mom, brother and sister. It was somewhat like a storybook type game really wasn't. At the bottom right screen was a small frog. You click on the frog, it ribbits, jumps once before it loads the next scene. The opening of the game, was a catchy theme song. I don't remember all of it but like the ending. It went something like "Fun, Fun in the sun with the ----uki/suki(???) family" Then you hear two seagull calls(i guess) then some of the characters talking like this. "Son: Holy Trazuli(i think or something like that)" "Dad: Let's go" Then you hear the sounds o f the waves. One of the scenes is where you make a sandwich and you can add a lot of things to it, I remember two of the things was sand and a flipflop, along with other food stuff. Another scene is where the kids are talking to a hermit crab and trying to help him find a new shell. The daughter talks about how you put a shell against your ear you can hear the sound of the ocean. Then tells the player to click on the various of shells to listen to the different types of sounds and music. That is all I remember of that game.

2: The second game, took place in a town or city, idk, but each area was a mini game and all the characters where animals. If you click on the manhole area of the map, which was close to the bottom right, there was a cat wearing a hard hat and construction fest, poking out of the manhole and was a small square of manhole covers and was a matching game(where you click on two covers to see if the image under them match). Another game, which was on the bottom left screen(I believe) was of different images made out of shapes. My favorite image to put together was an elephant made out of squares, rectangles and triangles. Everytime you put the correct shape on the area it was suppose to go, you can hear the elephant's noise. Another game, which was my favorite, was in top, middle or right(I don't remember exactly) was a small stand that sold ice cream and lemonade. Each customer would come up to the window and ask like "I would like 2 ice creams and one lemonade please" and make the order and give it to them. Another game, which I believe was in the middle of the map, was a blue clock tower and when you click on it to go to the game, there was a small song and all I remember was something like this, "Tick tock, on the clock" I think thats what it was singing and was like kids singing. Anyway, the game is where you have to set the clock on the right time for the mouse who lives in the tower can collect a slice of cheese. The last thing I remember is in the middle left of the map, just above the manhole area where there was a jukebox place. Never clicked on it but I know it was above the manhole cover game.

So yeah, thats all I can remember of the two games im desperately trying to remember and I hope someone on here can help me.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am thinking of a (I believe) Japanese-only PS2 game. It featured a simplistic, cartoonish art style no unlike the Professor Layton games but was completely polygonal. It starred a detective and his dog, with moments where you (I think) controlled the dog directly. I obviously don't know the name but it did feature on episode of Cinematech, and that is where I first learned of it. The clip on Cinematech featured a night club I think and the dog section had him going around into some fenced area to open something up or something like that.

tattycakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4026  Edited By tattycakes

I really hope somebody can help me find this game, it's driving me insane. All I can remember is that the game starts with your character sliding down an ice tunnel, and the character was a robotic alien thing with his head, hands (gloves?) and feet floating separately from his body, a bit like Rayman but not him. The toon was blue I think, with a long oblong shaped head. It was a 3rd person run around adventure game and I also remember a level indoors with lots of pipes and valves to turn. It was a bit steampunky and also cartoony, very bright graphics a bit like Sonic.

1. A guess of what year the game could have come out on - I'm currently 31 and it would have been in my early pre-teen to mid-teen years, so anywhere from 20 to 15 years ago
  2. A guess of what platform the game is on - PC
  3. What genre the game is in - family friendly 3rd person adventure

Thanks!

EDIT: I FOUND IT! TONIC TROUBLE!

I'll leave this here in case anyone else is searching for it.

Jalohauki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello! This problem has been driving me crazy and I wish someone could help me. I'm thinking of a game where you control red round creature who has no hands and wears big blue stocking cap on its head. Your mission is to find a way out from a maze that is taking over one room. There's hazards like mushrooms you can't touch and you have to push boulders and find keys to go forward. Kinda like a puzzle game. I played it when I was younger, around -90s with PC. Graphics were bright 2D animated top down view and music was cheery, it was definitely game for younger audience.

Thank you for helping!

Killerlamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for an isometric racing game from the late 90s/early 2000s. You could drive through a city with different vehicles. The only detail I remember is that, when you fell into a river, blood in the form of a smiley face would come back up to the surface. Also the menu music was a guy saying "trigger" or "bigger" over and over (might be wrong, I didn't speak english yet when I watched my uncle playing this).

dachgr01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4030  Edited By dachgr01

I remember playing a game on Mac in the early 2000s. It was an educational game where you learned math through cooking. You could prepare for a birthday party, a picnic, or a fancy dinner and each themed event would have a different lesson. The graphics were very basic. Can anyone help with a name?

BrTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4031  Edited By BrTT

Hi! So I've been recently thinking about a game I used to play when I was younger (prob mid 2000s) bc one of the levels was actually in a dream I had. Although I can't remember the game for the life of me.

• Timeframe was mid 2000s, probably sometime between 2002-2006
  • The game was a physical CD rom, I remember playing it on the family computer
  • It was a puzzle solving, adventure platformer
  • I have no idea how the public saw it, i was around 5-7
  • Kids/younger people
  • Something distinct I remember was there was space travel, and different planets. The planet I remember DISTINCTLY was the level in my dream, and it was a junk-food-esque themed planet. It looked like Saturn with junk food rings, and the level itself I remember the floor blocks being pizza/cheese

Hopefully someone else remembers this game besides me T~T because anytime I mention it people think I dreamt the whole thing. It was pretty fun and I'd like to go back and see why I enjoyed it so much

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Someone feed this thread into a neural net.

photomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4036  Edited By photomic

PS1 game, was on a demo disc I had (in the UK). Game was a one-on-one 3D fighting game (both graphics and movements).

I think the characters were mostly monstrous things, and you could win by ring out and by defeating the opponent. I vaguely remember one of the monsters being a rhino-esque thing that walked around on all of his legs.

Never owned the full game, so can't give much more detail

Veilor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Generic_Person

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4043  Edited By Generic_Person

@brtt: I remember playing this game too. Early 2000s,Windows xp, i think. There was an orange dog and a few other characters, and I think the villain wore green.

akunamatauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4045  Edited By akunamatauta

I have three games I'm trying to remember.

The first one is ps1 or ps2 3rd person shooter, i rented it at blockbuster once. I think it was 2 player and you mainly play as a cop, I think there was a level in 2 player mode where you were in a warehouse and you could roll or jump over rails to avoid enemy fire and the music sounded almost like a cheesy cop movie. The rolling leads me to believe it was a ps2 game, not the best game but it's stuck in my head and I really want to find it.

The second game was most likely snes, possibly a japanese title, and you play as a mech/gundam machine. There was a 2 player mode and if your mech was damaged you'd abandon it and walk around as a tiny person to find another. I played it at a friends house once.

The third was a pc/dos game I played from a demo disc set in the mid 90s, it was a first person shooter which seemed to have rpg elements, there were ppl walking around and a bunch of store fronts (I think one of the stores had a medical cross on it) which I guess maybe you could buy items from, but if you tried to shoot someone then all the shops would close up with security enclosures (kind of like what they have at mall shops when its closing time at night) and you would get shot at by cops. This kind of mechanic seemed pretty new at the time, you'd have to be careful not to be reckless. Had kind of a futuristic dystopian kind of feel to it, and I'd get frustrated b/c I'd always end up dying the same way. Never got very far but was always curious about what would happen further in the game. Graphics were similar to heretic or hexen, maybe a little more detailed. Hopefully someone can help me I've been looking around forever for these, thanks a bunch to anyone who can help!

Edit: I found the first game, its Operation WinBack

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is driving me nuts.

It was a 90s computer adventure game, where you interacted with the backgrounds but had no characters moving around the screen, it was all POV style. You controlled a team of kinda crappy superheroes. I remember at one point there was a "boss" that you beat by using one of your hero's super power of folding maps.