The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

mamool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4101  Edited By mamool

Definitely a PC game, I think I played it around 2006? or something like this. From what I remember it was a 3D FPP adventure game, I think you were an archeologist fighting mummies, but I can not recall if you were actually shooting them or just running away. There were also some “special” abilities like telekinesis that were used to solve environmental puzzles. I am almost sure that the game started in Egypt and then you moved to China or something like that. Overall I would call this game action adventure with some extra abilities used for solving puzzles. Hope it will be enough, thanks for all help :)

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 12

@kamakazie said:

There was a PC game from maybe 10 years ago that I was thinking about recently and I cannot remember the name of it at all.

It was online-only, 3d (I think first person) game where you are exploring a world and building up bases around a central point. If I recall correctly that central point was an item that could be stolen by other players? The visual design was very flat and abstract. The game did not explain itself at all and I remember it not always working as you'd expect it to (it's possible this was an alpha or beta that never went anywhere).

It sounds like a Minecraft clone. Do you remember it looking like Minecraft? In fact, it might even be an early version of Minecraft itself. I remember that being an online-only thing before they started selling it.

Imants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4104  Edited By Imants

I want to remember name of one NES game. It is RPG like game where you control one guy which goal is to get at the top end of map and climb mountain and disarm bomb. To disarm bomb you need to defeat I thing 8 bosses which are located somewhere in map and collect 8 balls which are used to disarm bomb. There is bomb disarmament mini-game at the end which if you lose you lose the game.

While fighting enemies you can collect money and call shop any place in the map and buy power-ups and suites.

I remember there these suites:

1. Swimming suite
  2. Magma suite
  3. Flying suite
  4. And jumping boots

In the game you can save old man and he then provides special power ups for you which uses stamina I think. Which can be replenished eating apples and buying drinks from shop. I remember only one power up which is to shrink yourself.

Then to defeat one boss you must collect one ruby in magma and use it on statue to collect sword. Which can used to defeat one specifics giant eye boss.

Rosscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick: That's it! thanks a lot. I've been looking for that game for almost a decade now and it's even on GOG.

Neuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi everybody,

I am desperately looking for a videogame I used to play on my PC when I was a kid. It must have been at the end of the 90s or the beginning of the 2000s and I think the game is not much older than that

It was a top-down tile-based puzzle game like Chip's challenge and had several elements in common with this game - the coloured keys and locks, the slides (green in the Chip's challenge pic below), the point of view.

https://classicreload.com/sites/default ... llenge.png

http://www.abandonia.com/files/games/41 ... enge_4.png

Also similar to Crusher, but definitely more modern:

No Caption Provided

- The main character was, well, a white tile with a face

- The bad guys were also tiles - green, blue, red etc. based on what "type" they were. I also remember a special bad guy, which I think was called lava worm or blood worm (but I might have imagined this), made up of 5 bright red circles and running around like a train!

- The background/wall tiles were mostly black and dark blue, if I remember well

- You could fight the bad guys with ammos and with dynamite

- To complete a level you had to kill all enemies, and you had a small map bottom right where you could check if anything was still moving

That's about all I remember...fingers crossed! Thank you!!

Blackrain1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys,

This game involved two chefs that looked like Mario jump around in a 2-d world to collect fruit and keys to progress to next level. Played this around 2007

Thanks a lot in advance!

imaidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4108  Edited By imaidiot

Looking for an old game. It was on a PC of some type, and I remember it being on a cartridge or possibly tape, but the game itself was similar to mario and pitfall. Late 80s - Early 90s

- It is a side scrolling game, where you go through levels (possibly caves). Your character is similar to mario, but the enemies vary.

- You must jump over them, and go further and further up the platforms.

- Enemies were bats and other cave like creatures. I can't remember much else about it, but I always called it Pitfall Harry, but it isn't Pitfall or Pitfall 2, and isn't Mario. Not sure if it is a knockoff or what. The game had a solid black background, with platforms that looked similar to the moving ramps on 1-2 of super mario 1.

I played this game so much as a kid. I have always been a console gamer, but my dad got me this PC thing, so I tried it out. I always thought it was an Apple 2 or 3, but it could be a C64, or something completely different.

Any help would be appreciated!

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

Hey all!

So the game I'm trying to remember was a piece of educational software in the early, early 90's. It would have been on an early Apple, but newer than a 2e. I remember that there were games designed to help you with an overall goal. I think a yard sale or lemonade stand? (I don't believe it's the game "Lemonade Stand," as I have looked that up)

The two clear things I recall were managing something with a basic spreadsheet, and playing a Sudoku like game. The latter had a cartoon dog or bear that played the saxaphone. He spoke in rhymes, but the only part I remember was that when you got a set of numbers wrong, his verse would end on "but something here just don't add up", or doesn't add up

If anyone happens to know what weird software would have been on a MacOS, I'd love to be able to remember.

kirkemari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4111  Edited By kirkemari

RESOLVED:Full Pipe

So the game im looking for probably came out early 2000s, maybe a bit earlier but only slightly. I used to have the CD for it and I played it on a PC. The game is a 2D, click and point game. It's art style/overall theme is similar to Limbo and Machinarium, very particulary stylized. The genre is probably adventure and/or puzzle, probably also indie. Now for the game itself, it was based in a sewer and the color scheme is mainly gray. The sewer is inhabited but monsters and the character you play as, but they're like mostly friendly or indifferent and more creature like. The atmosphere was very calming and mysterious, rather than dark/scary. Can't remember if there was music or not, but there was a lot of water dripping noises. I remember a specific area where you had to activate a ferris wheel and ride it to get to the next area and one of the beginning areas which had you toss a ball to another monster/creature.

I've looked through so many different lists which contain games with these descriptions but i havent found anything.

BlueTurbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4112  Edited By BlueTurbine

Alright, so I'm looking for a game that I played a lot back in the 90s (I think it was early-to-mid nineties, but it wasn't any later than 2000). As far as I know it was only for windows-based PCs. I never got to play the entire game because I only had access to a demo version on a compilation CD, but I loved playing it and want to finish it if possible. I don't have any idea what the name could be or who the publisher was, but I do remember several snippets of the gameplay. The game had a generic medieval theme to it overall, but it had no sound that I can recall. I'm honestly not sure if it even had music. The story was mainly told by text. It was very similar in graphics to Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Gameplay consisted of two different parts; first there was the "overworld" portion that was open-world, heavily pixelated, and from a first-person point of view. You moved in a similar fashion to the original Wolfenstein 3D (at least graphically), but this was only in the "overworld" section. I do remember that there were lakes and ponds you could walk into, but if you did, the main character would start drowning with his hands flailing in front of the screen and water splashing everywhere. Once you died, a woman appeared on a black and white screen and gave a little inaudible gasp while putting her hand on her cheek.

If you entered a building however, the view changed. The game became a third-person point-and-click. The rooms were each separate screens (very similar to Day of the Tentacle, but there wasn't as much space to walk around) letting you move about the room freely, but if you had to move through a doorway on either side of the screen or in the middle, the game loaded those as different screens. You used WASD to move the character with the mouse pointer as a supplemental tool to click on/collect things. I think you had to maneuver the main character with WASD before you could grab things with the mouse. The main character looked like the Kevin Sorbo version of Hercules. There were puzzles inside each room and (if I can remember correctly) you collected items from the rooms to solve said puzzles. I don't remember many of the puzzles, but I do remember one puzzle where you had to walk on a hidden path to avoid death in a room full of sand (not sure if it was sand or not). If you walked on a part of the floor that wasn't safe you'd be electrocuted and the main character would turn to a pile of ash after being shocked in a cartoon-ish way. In order to see the safe path you had to put on some kind of rose/pink colored classes which revealed a winding trail of footprints that you had to follow exactly to make it safely to the other side of the room. Now here's a bit of a kicker; I know I said this game was medieval themed, but I distinctly remember there were electrical sockets in some of the rooms that played a part in some of the puzzles. I remember this because I would frequently click on them and the main character would stick his finger in it and get electrocuted in the same cartoon-like fashion I mentioned before. Then I think he made some cheesy joke about being "all recharged" after the experience.

That's it for details of the actual game. As for the demo disc I mentioned earlier, it had around 50 or so game demos on it. The only other games I remember from that disc are Hocus Pocus and an alien FPS (the disc also had a lot of demo videos on it, but I only cared about the playable ones). I've been searching for this game for a while now, but haven't had any luck. I've searched through every online database I could find, I've scoured every video compilation of old games I came across, and asked everyone I know about this game, but my search has turned up nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

foritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefirstwolf: Is it maybe Soldier of Fortune? (Possibly Solider of Fortune 2). Fits the description pretty well.

BlueTurbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imants: This sounds very similar to the NES game Crystalis.

NiBlob27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a pc game I played in the early 2000s:

There were a group of people that got stranded on an island with dinosaurs. You got to control some of the dinosaurs and to give them better stats you would do this mini game where you fit blocks into a grid. The blocks had different stats such as intelligence, attack, and defense. How much space each type of block took up determined the dinosaurs' stats. You would navigate through the map trying to find all of the people who were stranded. Your dinosaur would battle against other dinosaurs in a turn based combat system. I remember there was a triceratops that I was never able to beat so I never completed the game.

I rented this game from my local library when I was little. I already searched on their website but they don't have it anymore.

Deano3663

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember an old game where you were a space ship that had to destroy bases made of pipes and shoot the center of them to destroy the whole thing. You had to clear the whole map and loads of enemies shot at you.

Anyone have any idea what this game was called?

Imants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blueturbine: It is not it. My game was side stroller (I think I forgot to mention it in original post :O). But it look nice so I still play it :).

killerutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4118  Edited By killerutzu

Ok, i was playing this game years ago, i don't really remember when, but definitely after year 2000, it was multiplayer, third-person, with different gamemodes, you could choose from different classes of caracters with instruments, ( i only remember the guitarist class) and it had a graphic, somewhat like fortnite, but not exactly, you also had powerups for each class, for example the guitarist class had a powerup which dealed zone damage when the caracter swang the guitar like a rocker or something like this. I remember when i was younger, i would want to install the game again from STEAM and i would search the game, but i don't remember the name, i think it started with B idk for sure, but one time when i wanted to install the game again, i could't find it, and i was so sad, i didn't know what to do. I think the game isn't on steam anymore, idk why. Oh and the game also had zombies, i remember in one gamemode you needed to kill zombies to gain level, and which player had more level wins, or something like this. I would be very respectful if you can find my game, i struggle for almost a month and i can't find this game.

BlueTurbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4119  Edited By BlueTurbine

@deano3663: With so few details you'll likely not get an answer anytime soon. Even if you do, it'll likely not be the game you're looking for because of the lack of info. Your game could be almost anything from Missile Command onward. When did you play the game? What type of platform did you play it on? What did the screens look like? Describe the enemies and environment? What was your perspective as a player? Give us every detail you can possibly remember or think of and it'll make it that much easier to get an answer.

digitaloctopi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Twyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4121  Edited By Twyx

Hey guys, looking for an old game from like maybe 15-18 years ago. It was a FPS on PC where I believe was some melee combat in it as well. It was quite ugly.

The only thing I can clearly remember is the game cover. It was a woman seen from the back looking over her shoulder, holding a sword ( maybe a katana? ). I think we could only see her silhouette. The background blue and black on the sides, quite monochromatic. The composition of the image looks a lot like the cover of Spellforce: the order of dawn, but darker with blue colors only in the background.

I dont remember a lot from the gameplay, I only remember fighting enemies that threw glowing plasma-like balls at me, in a bright environment, with dirt-like beige texture on the ground.

Thanks guys for helping me out! This has been bugging me for quite some time.

Avatar image for theassassin1298
theassassin1298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello everyone

I'm looking for an old pc game. I remember playing this game in 2006 or somewhere around then, although it could have been released earlier. It was a 3D marble game where you had to get the marble to the end of the level. I think in some later levels there were several colored walls you couldn't pass through until you found a crystal (or switch) of the same color to turn it off. I don't remember too much else. Any help would be appreciated

SalvatorePerri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#4124 Raven10  Online

@twyx: While the standard cover had a yellow background, you might be talking about SiN. It does have a woman looking over her shoulder carrying a weapon. If not, do you know if you played as the woman or what role she had in the game if you didn't?

BadxPatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4125  Edited By BadxPatrick

I'm looking for an old game I used to play as a child growing up. I played this game along with the old "101 Games CD" from 1997. (I played both the 100 Games CD and 101 Games versions)

• (not certain) Your character could spit a green spike ball of some kind.
  • The first level had 1 enemy walking around and the level was fairly small.
  • I believe you had to find keys of some sort in order to be able to walk through a doorway to the next level.
  • It had a top-down camera view for the first level.
  • (not certain) The first level seemed to be floating and had green grass covering the platform of the level.
  • There was a difficult level with a few areas where you had to find keys in order to advance. The level had a middle platform connecting 2 - 4 different areas where you can find keys.

It's been over 12 years (at least) since I've played this and I hope this isn't too vague a description.

Majik777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't remember the name of this game for Sega genesis (might of been ps1, nut think it was genesis) in the mid to late 90s. You are in a vehicle driving/flying through a tunnel with lots of flashing lights and techno music as the soundtrack. Can't remember if you just dodging obstacles or if you were shooting them, either way it was a blast. This game was maybe the worst game for epiliptics with the way the colors and lights went. Thought get busy child by the crystal method was a song on it, but might of been mistaken. Searched everywhere for this game, but cant remember game name. Please help.

Izayoi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4127  Edited By Izayoi96

Hi all, I'm asking your help to find a game that I enjoyed a lot when I was a child (I was born in 96, so i think the game was made in the period 1995-2005).

The game was pretty identical and similar to Bubble Bobble: in this game you have a character (with red hair, i think) which uses a particular type of bugspray as a weapon. In the first level, the layout was something wood-ish and it was composed by 5-6 horizontal lines with gaps here and there. In the top line there were some enemies (4, if i remember correctly) which were bug-like and which walked in row towards the 1st line gap, so they could descend on 2nd line. The character started instead in bottom line and his objective is to kill all enemies. For doing so, he has to spray some pinkish (color can be different, i can't remember all the details, but i think it was pinkish) smoke clouds with his weapon to trap enemies, then suck them in his weapon and then release them towards a wall so they can be killed and explode generating point objects to pick up.

The game overall is like Bubble Bobble: it is composed by a certain amount of levels to be completed, and the camera is fixed on the whole level board, just like BB. I think that there was also an option to play multiplayer simoultaneously on the same pc and keyboard.

About the graphics it's different from bubble bobble, I cant remember the visuals perfectly actually, but it was pretty colourful (with this i mean it had a lot of colors and not only the base colors like in BB) and not so much pixelated.

I've searched the Net for 2 days but still cant find anything about it. We used to call it in family DDT but we can't recall his real name. If i remember correctly the title could have something related to DDT (don't know if they were the game's initials or something related). Hope someone of you knows about it!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 34

@majik777: This sounds like N2O: Nitrous Oxide.

Karwowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The one where you shoot that guy in order to save the world...?

It also has a scene of innocent people being gunned down in front of a wall by some oppressive military and or police force.

You know that one..,. It was so original.

Majik777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: yep, that was the game. So it was PlayStation 1 then. N2O nitrous oxide. Cool thanks, always felt like I was tripping on acid playing that game.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 34

#4131  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4132  Edited By Questionable

I am trying to find a old top-down RPG for PC where you play a single sorcerer that summons all kinds of animals to be your army. You got to socket colorful gems to your summoner slots with different combinations resulting in different animals.
From how i recall it: The size of your army awas basically limited by your mana pool with every summon taking a permanent toll on your mana untill it died with small critters being cheaper than large animals.

- Visually similar to diablo 2
- I recall the MC being a bald guy in a robe (larger than normal head?)
- Windows 95/ME time period

All help is welcome, this question has been itching me for a long while :)

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to remember a PS1 game. All I remember is the opening cutscene which depicts a gameshow host-like man, short and fat, talking about the post-apocalyptic year 2020. He's standing on a stage in the middle of a desert wasteland in broad daylight and is flanked on either side by a dancing woman. He has that sing-song "and now for our next contestant" kind of voice. It's a pre-rendered cutscene in the typical crappy PS1 style and features actual voice acting.

I always thought it was a cutscene from Vigilante 8 but I just watched every Vigilante 8 cutscene on youtube and it's not that.

Thanks

ConfusedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ptg76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I just made an account here just to ask on this forum. So there's this game if I had to wager it was 2000ish? It was a space themed 3D golf game for PC, and two of the most notable things I remember were like a checkerboard like course, and that one of the courses when you got the ball in the hole it made you think that was it, but the area around the hole opened like a hangar door and revealed a cannon I think? It's been a while since i played it, I also have a slight memory of it possibly being a game that was distributed through real one arcade, hopefully someone has more of an idea than I do cause i'm scratching my head over here

ptg76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@ptg76: So by some stroke of amazing luck while looking for another game, i found the one i described here, so if anyone else was also looking the game is called golf adventure galaxy, definitely a strange and generic enough name to forget, gameplay here

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ConfusedOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4140 Raven10  Online

I wanted to offer some advice here to people asking questions as the descriptions here can be quite lacking.

First off, when describing the genre, try to be as specific as possible. First person shooter is better than shooter, but modern day tactical squad based first person shooter would immediately narrow it down to a manageable list.

Secondly, when describing the game make sure to try and include any specific minor detail about any section of the game you can remember. There are literally tens of thousands of games that take place in a fantasy setting, were inspired by Diablo, and let you collect loot. If that's all you can tell us you are better off looking through a database. Much more helpful is a description of a specific event or scene in the game. Give us something that only this game has. Look at the questions that have been answered successfully. In the most recent one we got the key piece of info that summoning animals was a core component of the game. Up to that point it could have been any of hundreds of titles. But not many Diablo clones focus specifically on animal summoning magic. That is the type of thing that is going to help the most. If you are just talking about a generic modern day shooter or something else without much of a unique hook then try to remember a specific sequence or level and explain it. Telling us it was a game from the last decade where you played as a US Marine and shot terrorists isn't going to help. Give us something specific, even if it is just describing your favorite level.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kirkemari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4143  Edited By whitegreyblack

@kirkemari: No worries! Enjoy! The game is on Steam. I actually didn't like it all that much back when I played it, but the artwork and atmosphere are really great.

edit: darn, it does not appear to be available on Steam any longer - sorry

edit 2: It might be available on IOS.

kirkemari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitegreyblack: yeah i think its gonna be more of a nostalgia trip for me, even if it's not an amazing game. I'll try to find it online somewhere!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hello everyone

I'm looking for an old pc game. I remember playing this game in 2006 or somewhere around then, although it could have been released earlier. It was a 3D marble game where you had to get the marble to the end of the level. I think in some later levels there were several colored walls you couldn't pass through until you found a crystal (or switch) of the same color to turn it off. I don't remember too much else. Any help would be appreciated

Perhaps it was Marble Blast Gold?

Paperzach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4146  Edited By Paperzach

Its a 80/90s game i cant think of the name of. Please help!

Basically, the player goes around town and collects information/data about escaped monsters or creatures. They interview the townspeople who give them clues/information (the monster really like bananas; the monster is 6ft tall). The player lays traps that fit the information given. Player continues to interview townspeople for information. The mayor of the town gave commendations at end of game when player caught creature/monster.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4147  Edited By bill_mcneal

Mid 90's to 2000 2D PC game. It had a medieval setting but with...cartoony graphics (colorful at the very least). You were a rogue or a thief and avoiding the palace guards (or doing your best) and had relatively rudimentary movement and controls. Climb ladders, throw rocks, hide in alcoves.

I want to say it was on Windows 95 or 98

W33bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4148  Edited By W33bear

Hey guys(and Girls). Im looking for a pc game from the early 90's. Its like a grid base game where you hare different characters like a troll, demon, wizard, thief, ninja, aquaman, burningman etc. You can play against the computer or youre friend on the same pc. Each character can move on the grid in different combinations and when you hit a grid with a character from the opposing team you get throw into a 1v1 fight seen from above. I think you had a line of cover on each side of the arena do i could dodge the attacks. So you can Control your character through the fight. I remember the thief/ninja could throw knifes, the burningman or fireman could shoot fireballs and the aquaman the same with water. I think the ogre/troll had a club that he used in his fights

This was a game i really loved from my childhood and i hope someone can hjelp me fins this gem back.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4149 cikame  Online

A game that i played on a demo disc in the late 90's on PC, sprite based isometric survival set possibly on a space station with elevators connecting different floors, you control multiple individuals with different professions including a lady doctor with red hair, a security officer with a pistol, a young boy and some others, they each have inventories and can pick up various items and makeshift weapons including a fire extinguisher, there are bipedal aliens onboard which are very dangerous, i remember having to try and avoid them most of the time as the guard had very little ammo, i think the survivors start scattered around the level in their appropriate rooms, the doctor being in a clinic with pale green floors, i think the guard and the boy could link up fairly easily, and you could control them all right from the start.
I seem to remember being able to open cupboards to look for items but i might be wrong, the art style was very clean and simple, nicely detailed 2D "realistic" art.

And that's all i've got, i asked about this game a few years ago somewhere but i can't find the post to see how i described it back then.

Kholto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC (DOS) played in 94 or 95

Platformer

You played as a squirrel-man(?) with a gun.

Much slower (and less collerfull) than Jack Jazzrabbit.

Platforms where small floating islands I think.

I don't remember if it was any good, but it is the only childhood game I haven't figured out.