The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

#4151 Posted by eccentrix (2414 posts) -

@kholto: Commander Keen? He's not a squirrel or anything, but maybe it's just that simple.

#4152 Edited by dustinwhylee3 (1 posts) -

I'm looking for an old PC game. I played it in the late 80s or very early 90s. It looked pixelated and similar to Rodents Revenge. I think I remember there being blocks that you push and something tries to eat you. It's not Pacman or Supaplex. I think the character was rectangular shape as opposed to human form. I remember light bluish colors.

#4153 Edited by Mi1keLitoris (1 posts) -

The game Im looking for, i dontnow when it was maded but I play it probably in 2008,09,10 cant remember very well, the game was about a man that arrived in a island and it was raining, like a storm, the island had something like an hotel, and far from the hotel it was like an indigenous tribe with some people, something I remeber doing was grabing sea shells in the beach I remember that one seashell was star shapped and blue and you re able to trade them with the tribe. The game graphics are not bestshowing ones but they were not bad.

Update: I just found it, its called climate chaos.

#4154 Edited by ChrisFWA6 (1 posts) -

I am looking for an APPLE Game. I played it back in the 1993-1994 period on an Apple II.

The game was an "explorers" game, set in the sailing exploration period in which sailors tried to sail to the Orient to obtain spices and jewels, and bring them back to Europe for money. They could bombard other ships, buy/build/steal other ships, add cannons to those ships, and try to sack other ports in Europe. The game is not Prince of Persia. I've already looked into that one. I think this game was much more basic than that. I got it through that "Scholastic Weekly" magazine that used to be given to us in elementary/middle school.

As part of the game, you could also Map Land for money, you had to maintain adequate water, and you could go drop anchor while mapping land to hunt for food. This was mostly a text based game ... because it was an Apple II game. The only real graphics consisted of the Map you would ultimately make rounding Africa, making your way to the indies.

I forget if it was called "Explorers" or some kind of name like that.

But it was a really fun game to play as a kid and I wanted to see if I can locate it online for a brief trip back to childhood.

Anyone have any ideas??? (Thank you !)

UPDATE: Found it - it's called "DISCOVER THE WORLD" made by Entrex Software a long long time ago.....

#4155 Posted by Tuggah (1091 posts) -

Might be totally made up from composite memories:

There was (maybe) an E3 trailer with a space marine looking figure (I think it was white) frolicking through a field on a non-Earth like planet. I think there was a bunch of flowers. This is the worst one of these right? Its probably all in my head.

#4156 Edited by Gyan (1 posts) -

It was an online flash game, the theme consisted of mostly black walls with a colourful background. In the game you had a sort of "base" from which you would dispatch a machine which you could place on the walls in the map, the objective was to use these machines to pump out liquid (I guess oil of some sort) which would eventually run out. This oil was stored in "holes" within the wall kind of similar looking to the oil pockets in the game "turmoil". the oil was converted to energy orbs that would fly from the pump to your base. this energy could be spent to dispatch more machines or to defend against enemies. I can't remember how the enemies worked but I believe you could cast barriers around your base as well as the pumps in order to defend from the enemies. The game had an organic feel to it (I'm not very sure but I believe the enemies and your base even were some sort of organism, maybe the pumps as well). The name of the game was quite short, around 5 or 6 letters. I have been searching like crazy so it would be amazing if you guys could help me out!!!

keywords to describe the game would be:

resource gathering, tower defense, mining, black theme, organic, flash game, strategy.

#4157 Posted by Chummy8 (3878 posts) -

During highschool computer programming class, we played this rocket sled soccer game. Think Rocket league, but you were actually controlling a rocket pushing a ball around. Most likely released around the early to mid 90s. All I remember is the single arena with grass and the two goals. There were also poles that you could tether yourself to swing around and gain speed. This game has been eluding me for years now.

#4158 Posted by ConfusedOwl (1215 posts) -
#4159 Edited by Chummy8 (3878 posts) -

@confusedowl said:

@chummy8: Rocket Jockey?

Loading Video...

Amazingly, yes. Thank you

Thank god, I've been thinking of this game recently and haven't been able to remember the name. It doesn't help that I was probably playing some shareware or pirated version of the game at the time. The other games we played in class was Duke Nukem, DOOM 2, and Quake LAN mulitplayer. Our teacher let us get away with everything in that class. Apparently this game came out in 1998 which is the year I graduated highschool so that fits. It's going on my list so that I may never forget this again.

Games I'm always forgetting.

#4160 Posted by ConfusedOwl (1215 posts) -
#4161 Posted by JoeDangerous (609 posts) -
@tuggah said:

Might be totally made up from composite memories:

There was (maybe) an E3 trailer with a space marine looking figure (I think it was white) frolicking through a field on a non-Earth like planet. I think there was a bunch of flowers. This is the worst one of these right? Its probably all in my head.

Mmm I couldn't find it, but "white space marine" makes me think of two distinct things: Vanquish protagonist or the medics from Starcraft. I personally didn't find any flower frolicking while looking through their trailers, but this might help jog your memory if you were looking for clues.

#4162 Posted by IronMc (1 posts) -

Guys I can't remember the flash game I played few years ago. The plot is simple, it is fighting platformer with campaign mode, first mission is againainst bullies in the city, where a car passes by and hits someone out of the map. The characters are with huge heads and small legs, and there are a huge amount of them. The maps are also different, for example in one mission, you fight on iceberg against and eskimo and this iceberg parcially melts. It comes to my mind with the name like Epic Ultimate Showdown 2 (there is no part 1, only 2). If someone knows the game I am talking about, please tell me.

#4163 Posted by Mayo4 (1 posts) -

Hey Guyz

I am trying to remember the name of the game that I've played a decade ago it starts with a boy and a girl walking around a park where some wolf like creature aliens kidnap and disappear via a portal. The boy and the girl are both teenagers.

The boy now goes on a quest to save his girlfriend. First he goes to a forest then desert then castle and so on. Finally the boss battle is on a space ship where he fights the alien both inside small spaceships inside the big spaceship.

I couldn't finish the game actually cuz my health was low when I reached the last level and it got saved there.

I used to play it in using CD. It's a 2D platformed game. If anyone knows about this plzz help me with it.

Thank you so much

#4164 Posted by DrBroel (208 posts) -

I'm trying to find a game that giant bomb has covered. I believe it is a year or two old. It's a match 3/ tower defense hybrid. On the right side of the screen you match up colors, maybe like puzzle fighter. Matching creates defenses to fight off attackers coming from the left side of the screen. Could have sworn there was a QL of this but I can't find it.

#4165 Posted by wollywoo (305 posts) -
#4166 Posted by DrBroel (208 posts) -
Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
#4167 Posted by ramblesnonsense (67 posts) -

It is a Nintendo entertainment system game, so the 80's.

A side scrolling shooter where you were a space ship, but I don't think it was in space. It could be two players, and the scrolling was constantly moving, you had no control. Gradius style.

So you would shoot and kill waves of enemies who would pop up bells. Your ship would bounce the bells up and down with hearts that would shoot out of the top of your ship. If you bounced them enough, they would turn another cooler (white?) And you would then catch the bell for a power up.

This has been driving me crazy for years!

#4168 Edited by SuperJoe (1267 posts) -
Avatar image for ramblesnonsense
#4169 Posted by ramblesnonsense (67 posts) -
#4170 Posted by aphilidor (2 posts) -

Good day all,

In the 90s there was a coin-op game, set in the future.

In this game, androids or cyborgs competed in the olympics.

Does anyone know the name of this game please?

#4171 Posted by SuperJoe (1267 posts) -
#4172 Posted by aphilidor (2 posts) -

@superjoe: from your reply I found the original... Numan Athletics.

Thanks

#4173 Posted by p0is0njlw (1 posts) -

I played this game like 3 years ago on ps4 it’s almost like a bullet hell game but only the enemies shoot while you use a sword, and there is a strange guy with a staff and purple rabbit mask, I hope that’s enough info to find it because I can’t think of anything else.

#4174 Edited by Req123 (1 posts) -

Hello,

I'm looking for the game that I played on the early 2000s. Can be 2000-2005 don't remember exactly. All I remember is that I had only a demo of the game, where my character was jumping with the parachute next to the military base on the desert. It was shooter type of the game, probably first person shooter. After defeating all enemies in the base the demo ends. It wasn't really big base. I also remember that there were "guards" next to entrance to the base. Please help!

#4175 Posted by small_miss (8 posts) -

Hope someone here may help me. The genre of game is text game - you read text on a screen and choose what characters should do in different situations. The game is for mobile phones. About plot: cosmonaut team visits the station on Moon. I remember red star on the top of station, aliens and cosmonaut with surname Gagarin.

Thanks in advance!

#4176 Posted by SeriuzBiznus (164 posts) -
#4177 Posted by DeekyFun (20 posts) -

@kholto: Mr Nutz? That's the name of the game I'm suggesting, I'm not trying to be rude.

#4178 Posted by small_miss (8 posts) -
#4179 Posted by Kholto (31 posts) -

@deekyfun: I don't think that came out on PC,but thanks for the suggestion.

#4180 Posted by SeriuzBiznus (164 posts) -
#4181 Posted by badwolfx (1 posts) -

This was a PC game series in the late 90s/early 2000's. I'm pretty sure I got it through the scholastic magazine subscription... lol. So it took place in a middle school and just a girl only cast. It was a "choose your own path/adventure" point-and-click where you got to make decisions based on the interactive story. These were stories that revolved around social situations/morality. The main character was a ginger, I think.

I found it on youtube a couple of years ago as someone uploaded a gameplay but I can't find it in my history anymore.

#4182 Edited by Caddy22 (1 posts) -

Hi so I just thought of a game I used to play as a kid. But I can't remember the name of it. It was probably between 1996 and 2004. It's about a boy and he has a dog. There in a spaceship. But the game is all about bible stories. It's more of a comedy then anything. It's a pc game. And the disk was red. I can't really think of anything else specific. If anyone knows what it's called. Please let me know!! Thank you in advance.

#4184 Posted by darocker1980 (1 posts) -

There was a game back in the mid-80s where you were a guy in a mine collecting gems and money bags. It was a 2-D game. You had to dodge (what i assume was) acid falling from the cave ceiling and boulders rolling/bouncing down the steps. You would have to jump or climb up a rope from level to level. You also had to get a key and make it to the door at the top before time ran out or a bat would appear, flying around the room randomly until it got you.

I don't remember the console, i just remember having a square controller with a red button on top used to make the guy jump.....

#4185 Posted by DrBroel (208 posts) -

looking for a game Vinny played on an older UPF.

it involved solving creating realistic electrical circuits. Its older than Prime Movers.

#4186 Edited by superfreac7 (1 posts) -

Cant Remember the name of this 90's Pc (Possibly) FMV Game.

If I remember right the game starts with a cut scene of some people launching a rocket in their backyard. The cut Scene is FMV. Then You travel to Saturn at some point I believe and Board a space station also. I know super vague but I was fairly young. I believe most of the game was FMV but im not positive. This is really a shot in the dark and my dad and I have been racking our brains for years trying to remember the game. It was in the 1992-1996 range if that helps at all.

#4188 Posted by WolfGem75 (3 posts) -

Hello everyone.

So there's this game that I used to play as a kid and I completely forgot its name and I'd love to get it again.

The game was a bit Finale Fantasy themed and the prontagist looked Japanese/anime ish. He could summon shadows by hitting the ground, one of these shadows were a dino like creature that flow behind him and allied with him to defeat the enemies, there were also something like knights shadows that did the same thing. The prontagist had a robotic hand that could zap the enemies which were robotic spiders and other creatures.

That's all I could remember and your replies are appreciated.

Thank you.

#4190 Posted by NiXi (1 posts) -

I remembered a game(probably between 1950-2005)(platform:Windows)(probably for kids) where you were in a garden and you had to protect the plants from some bugs.You also had some upgrades (the only one i remember is a spray bottle).

If any of you can help me i would be thankfull!

#4191 Posted by JoeDangerous (609 posts) -

Hello everyone.

So there's this game that I used to play as a kid and I completely forgot its name and I'd love to get it again.

The game was a bit Finale Fantasy themed and the prontagist looked Japanese/anime ish. He could summon shadows by hitting the ground, one of these shadows were a dino like creature that flow behind him and allied with him to defeat the enemies, there were also something like knights shadows that did the same thing. The prontagist had a robotic hand that could zap the enemies which were robotic spiders and other creatures.

That's all I could remember and your replies are appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm sifting through some forums and wikis and I'd recommend checking out some footage for Evolution Worlds. It's a compilation on the GameCube from some Dreamcast games that involves an anime-ish protagonist with a robot arm. Hopefully this points you in the right direction. I'll try to update this if I'm able to watch enough footage to see if there are shadow beasts in this or not.

#4192 Posted by WolfGem75 (3 posts) -

@JoeDangerous

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately "Evolution worlds" isn't the game I've been looking for, it wasn't this cartoonish and the prontagist could summon shadows by hitting the ground and fight robotic spiders. I'm sorry if not very specific, my memory isn't helping much.

#4193 Posted by RafaCSQ (1 posts) -

Hello guys. I'm trying to remember a PC game demo I played when a kid, 2005 or 2006 I believe. In my memories, it featured a boy and a girl in a forest. I think it had isometric view, but was certainly something like an adventure/puzzle game. That's all I can say about it. MAYBE it had something related with time travel machines, or other kind of machine, but I'm not sure. I'm years trying to find this one, hope someone can help me.

Avatar image for butterflies1107
#4194 Edited by Butterflies1107 (1 posts) -

Played this adventure type PC game in late 90s early 2000s, on a Windows computer. You drove a submarine or some type of craft (almost 100% sure it was based underwater) and you discovered map area with a light on the craft, it was all dark. The art work was more realistic and dark type of artwork. There were also these creatures that attacked you that looked kind of like lobsters, and stations you could upgrade your craft. My brother and I have been looking for about 6 years now and haven't found anything close. We're desperate now, please help.

#4195 Posted by manojo (4 posts) -

@manojo: Found it guys, took another 5 years but finally found it :-)

It i called breakthru and can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CX4-iGuC4E

YouTube video on Breakthru

#4197 Posted by Driadon (3253 posts) -

A first person adventure/dungeon crawler for the Atari ST. It was sci-fi themed, lots of reds and blacks. You controlled one character -- no party system that I remember. The character you did play was very uniquely designed, but the only thing I recall was lots of red sci-fi looking tubes coming out of them.

When you pressed a movement button a very distinct sort of squishy-cybery sound was made.

I played it around 93-94, but could have been made before that.

#4198 Posted by Driadon (3253 posts) -

@wolfgem75: really reaching, but Okage: Shadow King?

#4199 Edited by WolfGem75 (3 posts) -

@Driadon:

I'm afraid that ain't it either.The first level of the game had you summon a shadow wingless dragon like creature, I'm being as specific as possible.

#4200 Posted by daraksharnah (1 posts) -

There are 2 Games I'm looking for.

the first: It was a mid-late 90's PC game, I remember playing it on Win98. I think it was a bit of a puzzle game, sorta like contraption meets Lemmings. If i recall correctly, you placed objects to protect mice as they escaped a cat. All i remember specifically is one level that was in the shape of a house.

The 2nd: This was a bit older, but i believe it was windows, might have been Apple. It's another puzzle game, but in this one you painted tile floors, you could only paint each tile once, and you have to paint around objects, such as animals.