The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

mwwk74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4201  Edited By mwwk74

i’m looking for an old pc game, im thinking mid/late 90’s.i’m pretty sure it was 3D.. it took place on a desk. like it was on a literal desk with books and pencils and stuff. you could click on certain items and they would move around, i remember there being a paper airplane. some of the books had stories you could read. there was a story about a dog digging up fossils i think. and you could also create pictures out of stickers and letters. there were lots of stickers like clothes and hair. there were backgrounds you could chose from like medieval themed. and if you wrote in text, when you changed the size of the font there were little bumblebees.. very random but that’s what i remember from it!

Aaniq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a PC game that I played as a kid in like the early 2000's, I thought the name of it was gadgetz or something like that but I couldn't find anything when I googled it about a million times. The game was about this little purple monster or alien thing if I'm not mistaken, and he was sitting in like this contraption at the top of a platform, I don't remember what it was but it looked like one of those early airplanes where the top half of your body is outside of the craft. and The object of the game was to get him across to the finishing platform by creating a course/track/ramp or whatever for him that would give him enough momentum to get to the other side. Other descriptions that I believe was part of the game, this part is kind of blurry, but I THINK the game took place on top of something that looked like a table or a desk? And I think the alien/frog/monster thing wore goggles and a scarf around his neck like how you see the olden day pilots wearing them I think. Please please pleaseeee let me know if you know what game I'm talking about ??? thank youuu

MrSelfDestrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4203  Edited By MrSelfDestrakt

Hello all!

I'm looking for a PC game from the early 2000s or the late 90s. What's special about this game that it came in a huge box with maybe 6 or 7 disks in it. On the front of the box was a steam train and a man with glasses on, all in "realistic art style". It was a "click-puzzle" game and while I'm pretty sure it was a 3D game, you couldn't move with WASD but with arrows on the sides of the screen that you clicked (it was in first person perspective, but not really, more like all those room escape games on mobile). I think you as a player were alone in the whole game except for maybe one person (the man on the box?). Once you finished the puzzles in an area you had to go to the train station where you used the train on the box to go the next are, for which you had to insert the next disc.

I was pretty young when I played that and barely spoke english, so I couldn't tell you anything about the story or what it was about, but for some reason I cant stop thinking about it.

Thanks for all your help!

Best,

MrSelfDestrakt

Edit: And no, it wasn't Myst :D

doomdoom2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4204  Edited By doomdoom2

I’m looking for a PC game from the 90s. You started out as a space ship and you had to kill other space ship to upgrade yours. It was a top down view and I think I played it on a demo disk called jukebox but I’m not sure. Have been looking for the game for years with no luck.

Pofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello there, i remember a game for PS2, it was a demo, i played it about in 2005-2010, i don't remember the exact year

It was RPG to some extent - you were a young boy, you stared on a plain, sandy area, at first you head to some old man's house and you got some kind of magical glove, where you could store entire builidings (if i remember correctly). After introduction you head into the dungeon, where you get this info about collecting key-like items (it had an eye and two horns), you also needed to repair your sword otherwise you would deal literaily 1 damage. In dungeon you were supposed to collect parts of buildings, store them in your glove, and pressumably build a city on the surface. You move from floor to floor, killing mosters and collecting those items.

Thanks in advance

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4207  Edited By Nick

@doomdoom2: was it Overkill?? i remember i had the shareware version of this.

ps. this is my favourite thread, i love reading these descriptions of old games even i don't know what most of them are.

Pofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@pofan: No worries - I remember not picking that game up for so long, the UK cover was terrible, but eventually picked up copy cheap. Far more enjoyable than its packaging gave away.

doomdoom2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4210  Edited By doomdoom2

@nick: no it wasn’t, now that I’m think of it more it was an open world concept. You have to buy or get find things to power up and get things like better weapons and engines and shields.

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm trying to remember a PC game from the 90s/early 2000s. It was a factory management game where you placed machinery and conveyor belts to create items. You used forklifts to move incoming materials and completed products to/from a loading dock. I think there was a worker management system as well. I don't think much of the game took place out of the factory screen/menus but it's been so long I could be mistaken.

Hopefully someone can figure out this (probably not very good) game that I used to play, thanks

SurplusPrawns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

The game I'm looking for is a (probably) discontinued Window's Phone game that was most likely released in 2013 - 2014.

It was a 2D fantasy rpg platform game that gave off Halloween vibes with a very pretty cartoonish art style. The main character was a pumpkin(?)/black blob headed person thing with a witch hat that you could move and make it punch things. You could swim under water, combat by punching and collect currency things that could be used to buy certain powerups. There was a story arch of some sort, and after finishing the tutorial the MC boarded a ship where a calamity of a sort happened.

I remember the music was all slightly halloweenish and very catchy, although instrumental. The art style reminded me of Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman and I played them at roughly the same time.

Sorry if this is pretty vague, but I would appreciate it if any one could help! Thank you!

Pete0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marcmann2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

yara1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one is sooooo hard

I think it's one of the old flash computer games

It's about 2 oranges in a big house and you feed them chocolate and make them sleep and get them to gym they also can walk alone and you keep search for them

Oh and you make every thing in the game by mouth only

Little_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello. I cant find this game i ised to play on the xbox 360. It takes place in this like old style 3d fantasy world where you can play as either a guy or a girl and you use a the spirits of monsters to fight other monsters and sometimes people and the one of the guys attacks is that a bear like creature with a canon comes out of his back and shoots. Sorry but thats about all i can remember

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

@little_gil: It's the wrong console, but could it be 'Folklore' for PS3 you are thinking of?

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4219  Edited By confusedowl
MC12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok so this might be a hard one I don't know. There is a flash games website called Armor Games. Well about 8 years ago I played a game on there. It was a side scrolling strategy sci flash game. You had a main character that was this human that was hybridized by alien invaders. Your character was captured by the human resistance and throughout the missions you had to fight the aliens with your powerful charcter and you could call down buildings to produce units. You also needed to capture control points to control resources. It is very similar to how the flash game Art of War is played, except that units could go on top and through eachother.

Your character. You control a cyborg like human that is half mechanical/alien and human. He has a gun attached to one of his arms, and has different powerful abilities. Dont remember the specifics of the abilities.

Descriptions about the aliens. They had a variety of units (I think mechanical), small roach like bugs, large bug like things that were artillery. And then these human like grunts but were clearly alien. They used these pyramid ships to transport things around Earth. I think they were called Temple Ships. Their color scheme was black or a dark grey/silver.

Human forces. When you start a misison your character and maybe some troops start out somewhere. You capture resource points to gain resources and then you call down buildings such as a command center, barracks, and maybe supply depots to increase limit, oh and a factory to produce mechanical units. Your base infantry dude from the barracks has an assault rifle, you also get medics which heal your grunts, and your main character. The factory produces jeeps (which can hold troops, and other mechanical vehicles. You have to explore the map from a side point view and complete whatever objective.

I hope this was enough, it has honestly been keeping me up at night trying to figure out the name. The game is no longer on Armor Games as much as I can see.

galaxypaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one's going to be hard to explain, it was hard for my partner to even find anything and they know a LOT about fairly obscure games.

I used to play an educational(maybe? not sure) PC game back when I was around 5 or 6, I might have been 7. This is the early 2000's for reference. Many of the games I had were hand-me-downs from my older sister, so I'm not sure if it was from the 90's or not.

It had either 3d graphics or it may have been claymation. It had been set on a white backdrop and had a couple of colourful doors and I think there were a couple of holes that, when you would hover over them, and animal would come out from it and make a sound or something. Memories are blurry.

There is one animal I remember in particular though, it was a green snake with yellow dots that would come out and i believe it would slither around the screen before returning back to where it was.

I drew a picture of the snake to the best of my memory.

No Caption Provided

I think when you clicked on the doors/holes it would take you to other areas but I'm not quite sure. I can't remember much of anything else from it but if anybody has any pointers or suggestions as to what it is, I would really appreciate the help!

Been trying to find it for the last couple of years so any input would help! Thanks guys aha.

YoSoBros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello, new to this so sorry if i screw this up. I’m trying to locate a game that i remember playing i think in the early to mid 90s on PC. You are some kind of cop or private eye and the setting is a dystopian future in a grimy city. There are a few different locations you can visit, one being your apartment where you can check your voice mail and do a few other activities. There was a club that you could visit and try to get in and meet different characters to progress the story. I remember either the Cops or the bouncers of the club were Hogs and when you interacted with them you could choose from a few preset responses and if you choose poorly you could be beaten up or killed. I was never able to finish this game and its driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was. I will post more details as i remember them. Thanks!!

digthedoug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4223  Edited By digthedoug

Looking for a strange game that I can find no evidence of it existing except for the one friend I shared and played it with:

• Futuristic motorcycle (think Tron or Akira style bike) stunt game
  • Late 90s (could be mid 90s)
  • PC (probably DOS)
  • The engine was 3D polygons, maybe without texture mapping, just colored polygons? with a behind the bike camera.

I remember playing this often on my PC. The entire game that I remember was one 'level' that was a big open square map full of ramps, jumps and other geometry colored differently (like I said I don't think there was any texture mapping, but I could be wrong). You would ride around on this futuristic motorcycle (behind the back camera) and go over jumps to try and reach different sections and other parts of the map. I don't remember there being any score or anything else besides the speed displayed on the screen. I don't remember if there was anything else in the game, but it's also completely possible it was just a shareware. It came out after Stunt Driver, so likely not early 90s.

---

Found it!

CYBERBYKES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Htu8o2wtLI

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#4224  Edited By SubwayD

Trying to remember a PC RPG. Might have come to consoles as well, but I’m not sure.

Windows, somewhat chunky looking 3D. Main thing I remember about it is that the dude on the cover looks like a budget version of the main guy from Asura’s Wrath.

Does that ring any bells? Thanks in advance.

Edit: trawled through mobygames: Soulbringer!

No Caption Provided

Look at this dude.

Vales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so, I'm looking for a pair of games from my childhood. One might not even really be a game so much as some kind of educational disk, but it was at least close enough.

So the educational disk...the main menu was like...a subterranean cave with like three or four portals in it. Clicking on a portal would take you to one of a few different 3D environments you navigated in first person, all filled with dinosaurs. An underwater area with various creatures, a cliffside with pterodactyls, a forest with what I think were brontosauruses, and a river in a jungle where two tyrannosauruses fought over the corpse of a triceratops. No idea if there were objectives, but I think it was purely one of those gimmick based games from the 90s where it was all based on the wow factor to teach kids stuff. I dunno.

Second game is actually a game. Possibly an edutainment game, but definitely for kids. I remember it involved talking cars, but it was not Putt-Putt. The intro I can recall bits of, there was like a narrator who tossed a model car into a model city and the cars all started talking about stuff. The game itself was...point and click, maybe? Interactive of some kind, with minigames at various locations. I remember there was a haunted garage with a creepy towtruck that scared the protagonist for one. Also maybe some kind of club where you talked to fancy cars, but I maaaay be conflating that with another game. Not sure there.

Anyone got any ides?

Avatar image for vishalkarthikeyan
VishalKarthikeyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RESOLVED: It was Largo Winch:Empire under threat

Found it through Wiki games list

here's its link

https://www.giantbomb.com/largo-winch-empire-under-threat/3030-15302/

No Caption Provided

3rd person view/early 2000s/PC (I used to play it on windows xp)

I don't remember the name or the company who made this game.The graphics was good. I completely remember the first mission I'll narrate it.

It starts in a party. We walk and interact with people. And while interacting we come to know there's a bomb in the building and the front door is locked from one person. we find a ID card of some sort. Then from a balcony(terrace or porch) and walk on the ledge along the wall and get to the window and open it with the card to get to the other side of the door that was locked. that's where I didn't know a way past.

Additional Info:

• We talk to a girl in the balcony
  • There was a shovel that we can pick up in the balcony
  • I believe there was a lift in the entrance. I mean the party hall entrance.
  • The party was dinner party in a hotel's top floor
  • The protagonist looked like he was in his mid 20s

Please help me find this game. I think it had the protagonist standing below a helicopter which was flying on the game's box art.

Bersilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for the name of this old pc game I played around 1994-1996 at a classmate' s place

The name is something like mysterious tower or something

The view is isometric, the person you play as is an old man

You roam around the dungeon there's switches and food and water fountains which you have to keep it up.

Little_gil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

suki777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys! I'm new here. I had a question about an old (I think it was) Macintosh game I played in elementary school computer class. This would be btw the years 1991-93. It was an adventure learning game.. my memory is rather fuzzy on it, but would love to find it if it's possible! I remember that it had some Oregon Trail-type graphics -- like on river rapids where you needed to navigate around logs. Then I recall that your raft (pretty sure it was a raft) pulls up to a farm.. and I thiiiink it was a giant's farm(?). I looked up Jack and the Beanstalk wondering if it could be that. When you were at the farm, the image turned into quite well drawn stills of the farm yard.. and then in the chicken coup - where I think you needed to get one of the golden eggs or something? I'm betting it involved math to accomplish the tasks.. lol but I really can't recall. Was there a castle later??? ..Damn it! I can't remember!! lol Would love some help if this is even close to enough info. Thanks all!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4231 wollywoo  Online
Lovelesscatxxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The description of the Amiga game called "The Playroom" is almost the same game i'm looking for except that the parrot was standing across some stairs to his left while standing in an apartment with white walls. I remember him starting up with a friendly "Hello!" with a parrot-like voice. the game does sound similar to "The Playroom" but since it was published on windows, it had better quality and sounds. Definitely can't remember what it was or how it went but i'm dying to find out what the name was or where I could find it.

P.S.(the game was in CD-Rom form and if i remember correctly it did require the CD to launch. As for the description i was talking about, it's the following:

"Now the game I'm lookin' for is a bit hard to describe. It's an educational game that I used to play when I was a kid in the mid 90's. I remember the "Main menu" of it, if it was, was basically the interior of your room and the most memorable thing about that game is the parrot on the left side of the room I believe. Every time you click on him he makes the exact same catchy tone that I used to listen to over and over again.

I miss that game!"

Hope this helps anyone remember anything or assist in getting any information about it)

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@suki777: Mixed Up Mother Goose, maybe? Possibly Dark Crystal, but I don't think that's it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@vales: I think the dinosaur game was Dinosaur Adventure 3D. or one of the various mini-games from the similarly titled 3-D Dinosaur Adventure. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Also, sorry about the double-post, but something seems wonky about including more than one person in a comment.

suki777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4235  Edited By suki777
No Caption Provided

@wollywoo: Thanks for the thought! King's Quest is sure close art-wise. There were pop-up of people's heads, too, but they didn't talk. Just speech bubbles. And I honestly don't remember seeing any little people.. Think it was more simplistic than that, with the odd, well-drawn stills. Man.. wish I had a time machine. @sparky_buzzsawI checked MUMG out, but the art is too bright and no little characters. I have a feeling that it was a made for school learning game of some kind. ..I didn't know there was a Dark Crystal game!! :O I need to play that! Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

ZivkovicJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4236  Edited By ZivkovicJeff

My Dad had this PC game in the early 90s. A 2-D puzzle platformer. You were an explorer/archaeologist in some ancient temples. There were some enemies, I think bats. You didn't get any weapons, but you had limited uses of a force field for protection. You could shoot beams of light from your headlamp and bounce them off triangle switches to reach targets. One world was ancient-Greek themed, another was ancient-Egyptian, and there were two more. After each world, there was some kind of puzzle-piece puzzle. I think the word "treasure" might have been in the title, and maybe the word "empires". But searching those words is giving me hundreds of pages of dead leads.

Haltluna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a game on my mum's pc early 2000's (maybe 2002?) You played a ball that flies and shoots. You propel yourself by aiming your gun and pressing spacebar. You could float into ammo, different skins, boosts of shooting styles (there was one with *x*'s that would bounce or short distance fire, multiple ping pong balls etc. Sometimes you would be competing with a computer controlled player. There were little brown balls with tons of eyes you had to avoid I think... It had awesome music, the menu opened with a trumpet fanfare then went into battle music. I thought it was made by the same people as snood but not sure. She found it on a sight called word of mouth?

thirtytwok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so, I'm looking for a PC (Windows) Game from what I assume to be the early 2000's, since that was when I played and purchased it. It was a 2D side scrolling platformer game. The main character was a robot if I believe correctly, I vaguely remember the color of the robot being variable, but not totally sure. The graphics were pixelated, maybe 16-bit? I think the biggest detail here is that the main robot character could extend its arms to climb up obstacles and what not, and when it did, the arms extended in a sort of multiple balls strung together type of fashion. In fact. I think it's limbs were made up of sets of levitating balls, similar to how Rayman's legs are. I think the backdrop and setting for one of the levels was some sort of navy/battle ship. I also have this gut feeling that the game came in some sort multiset game box, meaning the CD in the box had multiple games on it. That's about all I can remember and I hope I'm not confusing any other game details into this description. Hopefully someone could help me. I was about 6 when I played it so I'm remembering to the best of my ability. Thanks again all.

Hobrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4239  Edited By Hobrokin

Hey all! I'm trying to remember this game from roughly 2010 to 2012 or later, of Japanese origin.

I'm not sure of the console, it may have been DS, based on the static camera angle.

It's a puzzle game about managing apartment rooms. Each tenant you assign to a room has either a negative or positive effect on the surrounding rooms, either above/below or side to side. For example, someone lifting weights in their room would have a negative loud effect on the room below them, because they're slammimg the weights on the ground. Someone singing would have a positive effect in each direction, and someone just reading a book would have no effect any direction.

If a tenant had too many negative effects on him, he would explode and you would lose points. Positive effects, however, keep a tenant from exploding. Your goal, I think, was to have as many tenants as possible without them exploding.

This is really all I remember, but would love some help on this!

Unapippa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys, i need your help remembering this game, a pc game, remembering played it in 2004-05, beat em up, local co-op, story mode, isometric, almost side scrolling, remember that the plot was something like a poisoned girl, (one of the characters) and you have to find the antidote, remember that the final boss when defeated gives you the antidote, or something similar, don't remember really well. (it's not street of rage)

MCPlacek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4241  Edited By MCPlacek

I remember a game that I played on my Windows XP when I was around 7-9 years old (around 2010, but it was probably released earlier). In this game I controlled a spaceship. I was flying through something like a futuristic city and shooting at enemy spaceships. I can remember there were also bosses - giant, powerful spaceships. There were many, many of them. I think the graphics were pretty decent. I doubt it had any story, but I'm not 100% sure. That's all I can remember.

RESOLVED

The game is called "Hyperspace Invader"

merlinpatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking for a game that matches the below.

Platform(s): Web

Genre: Puzzle / Point and Click

Estimated year of release: 1999 to 2006

Graphics/art style:

Very basic graphics. Not pixellated. But not HD either. Muted / darker color palette.

Notable characters: n/a

Notable gameplay mechanics:

Themed/based in the solar system

You navigated between planets

Each planet had different puzzles

Two puzzles I distinctly recall

- Arranged fruit to form a face

- Set variables for a variant of Conway's Game of Life with predator and prey

Other details:

This may have been in Flash, but I'm not certain. Though I don't know what else it could have been in.

Also, and I could be completely insane, but I swear I remember a planet where there was a TV with static that showed a short clip of knock off muppets.

crunchyflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4243  Edited By crunchyflies

This isn’t necessarily a game I’ve forgotten, but I’m looking for a particular Quick Look that Drew did at some point.

It was a first person shooter. And it was developed by a middle eastern indie developer (or something like that). It was a very fascinating video that showed what games are like in a very different culture. It might’ve also had science fiction elements.

Hopefully that’s enough to go on, but any help would be appreciated, thanks!

tecktonalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4244  Edited By tecktonalex

@orindac@fatalbanana@onemanarmyy 1st of All Thanks so much for Replying!!

Unfortunately it is not "The Seventh Guest" ,neither "Clock Tower".

The games look Similar (since most of the horror games in the 90's were mansion horror games) although the one i played in my childhood had a more simplisticated style in a 2d Enviroment with completely cartoonish style. The main character was a guy and the camera changed prespective every time you move from one room to another. There were some kind of cutscenes (with the camera prespective changing and concentrating on the item at that moment) but only when you activated or touched the "secret" item which was trigered. I also remember that it had no background music ,only while triggering the items.. It is possible that i have played this game on an MS-DOS Computer.. or some sort of Computer at least (Amiga ,C64 ,Atari ST etc).

It is also possible that this game came as a gift with some sort of magazine, if that helps.

Gyranos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as i can remember, it's a Horror Game. Yesterday i suddenly remembered a cutscene or maybe even gameplay of the game i'm now looking for. Just came into my head all of the sudden. The Player (Protagonist) who i think was female went into a room, i think it was in a tall building maybe even skyscraper, the city was attacked by something. The Protagonist saw another person, i think it was a police officer or doctor, getting mauled/attacked by something and she had a fight with the monster shooting it several times. It had a human shape, but transformed into something different. Like a Necromorph, like a Leaper but with legs and not so horribly disfigured. But still disfigured. The attacked person was sitting there, i don't think he made it out. Alive at least.
The event happened at the beginning of the game, not that early but the player went into a building to investigate something, city was already in the process of turning to hell. It's only after the encounter, that you started to meet more and more of them.

The game was old, very old. It was either run on the PS1 or PS2, can't remember exactly. The gameplay was Silent Hill/Resident Evil like. You always move from the protagonists sight and it was on third person, i don't remember if you had to stay still to shoot. If you only found a video of the cutscene i described, send it to me, i'll eventually figure out what game it was.

Snotset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so I'm looking for 3 games

1st: a game where you would manage income and production in a post apocalyptic/sci-fi (at the time) setting. Graphics on line with C&C but stylized more towards alien breed. Production would be composed of 3 types of vehicles, tank, helicopter and a last light type. you could choose between micromanaging production queue or let the game run by itself based on what buildings you would construct. Movement would be automatic with the option to take control of one vehicle at a time and setting paths through a mazelike map winning the level when the enemy base was destroyed. Game was released somewhere around 1990

2nd: 4x rts mixed genre. You started by choosing a corporation. you follow to a "home/cityview" map where most of the management would be done. For each turn you could build, negotiate, trade and do one or more missions/contracts. On these mission maps you would fight in the typical rts (think red alert) manner, early missions was only with a fixed amount of forces and what you brought with you from the management phase. The defining feature of the game was the ability to choose to be either turn based or real time before starting a new game and additionally when jumping into a mission/contract. I think it was released in the later half of the 90's. but I played it the first time in 2001.

3rd: Simply, it looked like and played like fable. Your started out in a village as a young boy, gathering apples and chasing pigs. you would reach the village gates after a few minutes. To open them you would turn into a shadowy mirror world as a devil version of yourself (game had that good and evil thing going). After the village got attacked by and burned down by demonic forces that you would kill before venturing out. There was something about an hourglass or mirror (seen in the intro)... Game was released in 2002-2003 and recalled shortly after for crashing your computer and becoming unplayable about 20minutes in. But only on windows so hopefully an old mac pioneer would know about this game.

I've been trying to find these games for quite some time and tried other forums, lists and searches without much luck. It's honestly driving me mad because at least two latter ones should be really easy to find searching for games similar to fable or mixed genre games. Unfortunately I'm afraid the 3rd might've been too shortlived. The 2nd might be a mod or exclusive version. At least the guy I borrowed it from told me it was a designer game only sold in the handful. Anyhow. Any help or input is appreciated because I feel rather out of options at this point

Avatar image for cantrememberthedamngame
cantrememberthedamngame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RESOLVED: IT'S CALLED 'ELEMENTALS - THE MAGIC KEY'

I'd describe it as a point and click adventure game with a fantasy nature-ish setting where (I think) you play as a girl and you gotta save the world or something like that. The special thing about this game is that it incorporates some sort of duel system where you can spawn monsters or creatures of different elements (water, fire, forest and some dark stuff to name a few) and duel against the bad guys/enemies by strategically powering them up, moving them around, attacking or a combination of those kind of things. In the beginning I think there's a wizard looking old man that introduces you to the game or the mechanics and in the end (boss fight maybe?) you battle a guy in front of his mention or manor and I have a slight feeling that he has your friends captured but I'm not sure. I used to play this 5 years ago at least and even then it must've been getting old, but the game looks pretty good as I recall it. Have been checking google like a maniac but can't seem to find it. You're a god if you do lol

KN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4249  Edited By KN

RESOLVED: I found it! Kameo: Elements of Power!

Hello all :)

I really hope you can help me out with this, because it's been bothering me for quite some time now, and after rummaging through google for hours I've had no luck!

I'm looking for a game I played as a kid back in what I suppose was between 2003 and 2008. I vaugely remember it being about orcs (might have been goblins, greenskins if anything) attacking the player world, and the main gameplay being about using different controllable creatures with varying abilities to repent the attackers. You would have to rescue the different creatures in order to use them. I remember the graphics as being cartoony, and the controllable creatures were all very unique, which is why it might still have stuck with me up untill this day. I also believe I played it on console.

In the world it was also possible to go around and fight the attackers continually, as it was all part of what I remember being a bigger battle.

If anyone can help me with this, I would be eternally grateful! <3

Eulisker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers