The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

#4451 Posted by Ms_Lese (1 posts) -

Hi guys! I'm having a hard time remembering a game I used to play at school, and I'm hoping someone can help me. It was in the early 90's and I used to play it on a Macintosh computer. The game was on a floppy disc! The game was set in a mansion and it was at night. I believe you had to solve questions and puzzles in order to move throughout the mansion. If my memory serves me correctly, you have to complete your goal/get out of the house before sunrise. I may be wrong. I can't remember if we had to save a person or find them. Other games I used to play around the same time at this school were Number Munchers, Word Munchers, Mario Teaches Typing and Oregon Trail. If someone can figure this out I would greatly appreciate it!!! I apologize for the lack of clues, I wish I remembered more.

#4452 Posted by Vokephas (1 posts) -

So there was this game which is set in a forest and is basically a competition between animal characters (i think there were 3), one of the guys i think was a skunk and he was named stinky, maybe there was a beaver too. The games they compete vary. I remember water slide racing(the slide was from wood and there were obsticles on it), and throwing rocks and whoever throws the rock closest to something wins. There is a map from above and u chose which game u play in your order. The game is for kids and i think it was pretty colorful. I played it on pc when i was really young, 2000-2006. Any feedback is appreciated :).

#4453 Edited by BurningGryphon (2 posts) -

I can't find a game, it's a top-down game, kind of looks like Spy Hunter, you ride a car, there's a bunch of other cars, red and blue trucks which can crush you, there's also holes in the road and if you fall in them you explode, and I remember on one of the levels there was a "boss" which was a big helicopter. I played it on an emulator and I don't remember the platform though, SNES or SEGA Mega Drive probably. 8 or 16-bit graphics.

#4454 Edited by BurningGryphon (2 posts) -

I can't find a game, it's a top-down game, kind of looks like Spy Hunter, you ride a car, there's a bunch of other cars, red and blue trucks which can crush you, there's also holes in the road and if you fall in them you explode, and I remember on one of the levels there was a "boss" which was a big helicopter. I played it on an emulator and I don't remember the platform though, SNES or SEGA Mega Drive probably. 8 or 16-bit graphics.

NEVERMIND, IT IS SUPER SPY HUNTER.

#4455 Edited by STARXIDIAMOU (2 posts) -

Hi im trying to find an old horror kinda game with devils.I remember playing it on PC.From what I can remember you are a devil in a creepy old house and some devils attack you. The game had some jumpscares but I can't remember more details.But if you have ANY game in mind please tell me because i NEED to find it.Thanks.

#4456 Posted by aerithlives (35 posts) -

@starxidiamou: how old are we talking? I can't think of many games where you play as a devil. The one that comes to mind is Jersey Devil for PS1 but it wasn't exactly a horror game.

#4457 Posted by The_Smiling (2 posts) -

i have this pc game i used to play when i was 6 around 2006 maybe earlier lets say 2004, you are some green dressed dude kinda looking like link with a green or yellow bird following you. its a third person view game, adventure i believe and i remember you traveled from island to island on a big fish. a cut scene i remember is an old lady running out of her door screaming for help about ghosts in her house, with her hands press up on her cheeks. i believe the story was about a ghost pirate maybe? that is about all i remember and this has bothered me since 2012. i need closure.

#4458 Edited by STARXIDIAMOU (2 posts) -

@aerithlives:Sorry for the late reply i don't remember how old it is but it was one of my childhood games it was creepy in an old house and you had devils attacking you with jumpscares.It was a third person game.I think i played it around 2009 - 2012 I also played it on PC i cant remember more details but i really need to find it. Thanks.

#4459 Edited by sweets438 (1 posts) -

Medieval era game fairly certain it came out sometime in the late 90's, early 2000s, it had different elements of the time in it. It was a silly game and I'm almost positive it was a point and click adventure, reminded me of zoombinis in comedy and the way you played it as a point and click, though I cant remember if it was educational or not, I don't think it was.

I remember there being a tourney thing like they did back then, but again it was all silly. There were different levels you went through similar to zoombinis, and I'm almost positive there was a little customization too, I think it involved what your shield heraldy and stuff looked like.

I also remember there being a scene where they attack a castle and it can go wrong with a silly animation at the bottom of the screen of the knight getting chased by an alligator. If anyone remembers what this game is, I'd be very happy to know,it's been bothering me that I can't remember it.

#4460 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8916 posts) -
#4461 Edited by TobyChew (1 posts) -

Remember a science fiction pc game I use to play back in the 90's game was done in the style of games like the journeyman project and myst. What I remember of the gameplay is your in space near a couple of planets a commercial pops on your screen for some kind of meat I ignore the commercial and proceed to the other planet close by where I land in some kind of junkyard there is an alien standing outside and he asks you if you could go to a certain butcher to get some meat and not to go to the one where the commercial popped up on my screen I ignored him and went to the one he told me not to go to. When I went back the alien knew I went to the one he told me not to go to and got a game over screen after that. Would be nice to know what game this is because I want to play it again. Names I thought it was was the search for the big bang,the search for end of the world but it wasn't. The name of the game is deadalus encounter

#4462 Posted by tempest_mage (4 posts) -

Hi,

I can't remember the name of the game but i played it around the 90's. It's an adventure game and that the character you control changes to a soldier whose weapon is a gun, a baby that uses the feeding bottle as a clubbing weapon, and someone with whip, i think (like simon belmont in castlevania). I also remember the background being inside a castle. I think i played it on a family computer (or NES). Thanks in advance!

#4463 Edited by aerithlives (35 posts) -

@tempest_mage: Konami Wai Wai World 2. The character you thought was Simon Belmont WAS a Belmont. :D

#4464 Posted by tempest_mage (4 posts) -

@aerithlives: Finally! Closure for me! Thank you very much! 😁😁😁

Avatar image for meowtasticanime
#4465 Edited by meowtasticanime (1 posts) -

Hoi, there was a game that I played as a kid (around 2008-2014) that I used to love, but can't find it again.

I believe it was a flash game on some website (PC). It was a kind of turn-based artillery game that is similar to games like Worms, Cannon Brawl, Scorched Earth, etc. Except this one was about controlling a giant dude that carried little people on his backpack. The little people were thrown to an enemy giant or to destroy/affect terrain and defeat the enemy giant. The little people had special powers that ranged from simple explosions to elemental powers to healing (I think). Can't quite remember, but I think it might have been a single-player game with no online multiplayer. The graphics weren't all to fancy, and I don't know if there is audio or any music. I would love to play this game again, so thanks in advance for any help!

Example of games that 'look' or may be similar:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#4468 Posted by Grimmlock95 (3 posts) -

pc game, top down shooter and slasher. had tons of weapons,vehicles. enviromental ai like crocidiles or dogs. very bloody old like 1990-2006 game i cant lower the gap any further, the start screen had a gun shot every time u sleected an option. a few of the maps was a sewer,a prision with train and train track that would eletrocute you. very bloody. you had a lot of blood bath and there was a reduced gore mode. i really enjoyed this game please help!

#4469 Edited by MrFrost (3 posts) -

Hey there!

I'm tormented by the idea that I don't remember the name of a game that I played when I was a kid. It was a simulation game, maybe the game is from the early 2000 because it was a 3D game with decent graphics. You could buy a truck (or something like that, MAYBE even a car) and you had to accept jobs (something like Euro Truck Simulator) and, if I don't remember wrong, there was even police that could chase you. I remember something, like in order to finish a job, you had to go to a checkpoint that was always the same in all the map (the same structure I mean, like a long structure with a bunch of garage doors or something like this). Anyway, it was a fun game for me (a little kid). Please help me!

#4470 Edited by Grimmlock95 (3 posts) -
#4471 Posted by MrFrost (3 posts) -
#4472 Posted by Grimmlock95 (3 posts) -

@mrfrost: how and where di d u find it it might help in my prediciment to find my super violent top down game :D

#4473 Posted by MrFrost (3 posts) -

@grimmlock95: I searched "old games like Euro Truck Simulator", and I got a list of 62 games; I just searched in that list till I saw something familiar.

#4474 Posted by Tyop (1 posts) -

90s pc game, maybe DOS, or not.

Point and click adventure, hand drawn style, the world (earth or generic planet) has around 7-9 ish layers deep that go to the planets core. Don't remember if I gotta save someone or kill a final boss, but I gotta reach the deepest layer. Filled with characters (mostly non-human I think) that I can talk to, some items as well, lots of puzzles. The mechanics would be like machinarium i think.

Does that ring a bell? Thanks!

#4475 Posted by Lady_Disdain (1 posts) -

The game is a late 90's, early 2000's point and click adventure game for PC.

You start out in a snowy land and you head toward something, not sure what. When you get there you meet some sort of shaman who sends you to 3 different lands.

One of the places he sends you is Ireland, you're a monk there and you walk around solving puzzles until eventually you activate a large standing stone that triggers a horse to come galloping by, if you manage to grab hold and get on, it will bring you into a book. There's someone on a throne and you move around the room without falling through into the sky. Something about a sword too I think.

The next land is in China, I don't know who you become but at some point you need to go into "hell" to find a mushroom that will give (the emperor?) immortality.

In hell you need to get a paper stamped in the correct order by animal headed officials and that includes flipping the room to get to the officials on the ceiling.

In the last land you turn into an Aztec warrior who needs to solve a puzzle in order to travel to Xibalba to wake up Quetzalcoatl (the feathered serpent). The jaguar god is the one who's currently awake but he's not accepting the blood sacrifices the king keeps making and the king is getting really weak. The king's young daughter will be sacrificed soon in the hopes that her sacrifice will bring the rain they need for their crops.

At some point you need to climb into a giant spider web and collect certain things in there while avoiding being caught by the giant spider.

That's all I remember, I hope it rings a bell for someone.

#4476 Posted by CraigWL (1 posts) -

Hi!

Hope somebody will be able to help me. I remember playing a game many years ago, probably over a decade ago now, which i just can't remember the name of. It was an adventure style sort of game if i remember rightly, generally point and click, mixed with a bit of a mystery solving game. I believe it was set in Egypt, you played as an adventurer of some description. I don't remember the actual plot of the game, but i do remember that there's a section at the end of the game where you need to place the correct items in certain holes as you're travelling down a staircase of some kind, but if you fail then you end up getting dropped into lava (I think). It's kind of a mature kind of game too in that respect. There's also a couple of sections i remember through the game. One in particular is when you're on a boat, possibly cruising on the Nile to get to another area in the game, and a mummy (or a monster of some kind) attacks you while you're on the boat and you have to escape him by either using certain items or running a certain way, i can't remember precisely. I think the mummy attacking you is a recurring theme in the game and you have to escape him in different ways. There's also a section where you're in what i believe is a wine cellar, and you have to hide from two guys that are coming down the stairs, otherwise i think one of them shoots you.

I think it's a Nancy Drew esque game (but not part of the series obviously) I remember loving it as a kid but i can't remember the name of it, if it rings a bell for someone then that'd be awesome!

#4477 Edited by Loligag24 (1 posts) -

Looking for an old computer game for little kids. Probably came out in the 90's. There was an overview of a town where you could select several different minigames. One minigame involved putting frosting on cakes. There was also a parade minigame. I think I found a picture of the town overview. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a Jumpstart but similar to it.

https://s2.dmcdn.net/v/M18Be1T5Ze4M80P4f/x120