The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

thewild5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

All. I am trying to remember a computer game I played in the 90s. I can’t remember much sadly. It took place in the desert where you were a character and had to solve puzzles. It was a game where you click on the sides of the screen to move to the next area.

I remember distinctly a character that said “what do you want” in a slow drawn out tone.

There was one screen with a rabbit that would pop out of holes and you couldn’t catch him. Also another puzzle with a statute that you had to pick the right gems and water level in his bowl.

It was a similar game to the dig.

Please help!

Avatar image for htimsnhoj543678
htimsnhoj543678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember playing this game back in 2009-2010 on my ipad (ios), it was a 2d style action game set in the ww2 era, where you started as an allied soldier fighting what was presumed to be nazis. The game had a very cartoonish style almost like the characters were cut out of paper. The point of the game was to fight through the levels to get to the final nazi-boss-officer at the very end. I vaguely remember the soldier having a cigarette in his mouth always, and the game was very gory and as you shot enemies they would explode into blood and bones. As you progressed from level to level, they got harder with more and more enemies and i remember the dogs that would attack you were a real pain. I also remember towards the end of the game you entered a castle where the final boss remains, and also nazis that were dressed in all black like officers. The game at this point had a very dark theme and it was always night. You could pick up better weapons from the fallen enemies and also throw grenades. You were always fighting from the left side of the screen to the right, and you could sort of move “side to side” or up and down the screen, but once you went too far right, you couldnt really go backwards. This was one of the first games that popped up when searching “ww2 games” at the time, and ever since i have not been able to find it again even in the depths of google. This game had a style that seemed to be aimed at kids yet it was so gory i cant imagine it was intended for them. Any help locating the name of this game would be appreciated, thank you.

Avatar image for lumberingjackal
lumberingjackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all. I've been searching through quicklooks trying to find a game that was looked at sometime within the last year, year and a half or so. I can't for the life of me track it down.

I fairly certain that it was either a Brad or Abby QL and I think Vinny was in it as well... What I remember is it's a 2D, top down game where you're either a boat or a submarine. You travel around the map moving from Port to Port and there were "events" of some sort that took place and your choices impacted passengers on your craft. I think there was combat but I don't remember what it was if there was any. I recall the color scheme being "earthy" colors. Tans, browns, et cetera... Can you help? Thank you!!!!!

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lumberingjackal
lumberingjackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wollywoo: YES!!!!!! That's it! Thank you sir!!!!! Or ma'am....

HyperZen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4507  Edited By HyperZen

We're trying to remember a game my boyfriend played about 15 or so years ago (1999-2004).

It was a downloadable game for PC and had a similar art style to many of the Popcap Games (not 8 bit and also not a Popcap game, we've checked).

The gameplay was a platformer that was room-confined over mutiple screens, but moved smoothly (not like early Zelda).

Character-wise, you were a dragon searching pyramids for keys to the next level and treasure.

You'd fight mummies and snakes with a fire/breath attack.

Update on the game hunt: We've confirmed it's not the following:

Wonderboy

Spyro

Dragons Wake

Dragon: A Game About a Dragon

Dragon Breed

Skylanders

Dragons Crown

Mibilis Quest

Adventure Island

SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

sherlockmerlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4510  Edited By sherlockmerlin

**EDIT**

My sister and I are trying to remember a game we played in the early 2000s, probably came out between 1995-2005. It was on PC / Windows XP.

It was aimed at kids, and was a point and click style puzzle game. Easy enough for a child around 6 or 7 to play.

It began with a kid and an animal friend (possibly a bear, tiger, or other animal) on a boat which then crashed on an island. At the end of the game, you end up reaching a volcano.

The game play itself involved a 2D fixed-screen with arrows on each side that would allow you to move to different areas or different rooms. In order to proceed in the game, you had to solve puzzles and complete certain actions.

**RESOLVED**

We figured it out by searching one of those game databases - it was "Moop and Dreadly: The Treasure on Bing-Bong Island"

Najm19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played this game around about 2003,04 maybe (I was really young I can’t really remember) but the game was surely made in 90s.

I remember only small bits of information about it but if anyone can help me it’d be awesome.

It looked like those DOS games. It had something resembling a 2.5D perspective.

It had little people walking around on top of some white ground (I am not sure was this snow, ice or something else).

This part I am not sure about: I vaguely remember being able to do stuff to those people but that might be my mind playing tricks. The thing is, I don’t remember anything else about the game, not a single thing about it's gameplay or the goal of the game but I played it a lot which is why I want to find it. It is possible that somewhere in the game there was a plane or something flying but I am not sure because the game came on a disc with a lot of other games and the plane part could be from another game. I know it’s not a lot to go off but if anyone knows it thank you so much!

Tecno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4512  Edited By Tecno

Ive been trying to find this game for awhile now. I remember playing it maybe around 2006? It was on our old computer, maybe windows xp. It was the trial version i think? You could only play to a certain level then it would show where you could buy/order the game. It was a CD game i think, but the trial was already installed.

It was these colored marble looking balls, they were shiny but they acted more like bouncy balls. You had to rearrange them to match the picture you had. I think one of the first levels was, making a pyramid with the gold balls, and there were blue ones you had to move away. I remember one of the levels, they were in a grape shape.

If you tried to shove one ball in between two, it would struggle and eventually the others would bounce away with the force.

Does anyone remember this game?

Thanks for the help.

Nova_4242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey!

It had to be around 2007-2010, I remember playing this old computer game from a website I'm pretty sure was called either "Instagames" "Insta-games" or "InstantGames" .com or something similar to any one of those names. I remember playing this game either directly on the website or via download. The game was in 3D, and was some type of Third-person Sci-Fi shooter game. I can't remember exactly, but I think the goal of the game was either "Capture the Flag" or some type of "Castle Seige." By right-clicking, you were able to boost through the battlefield and shoot enemies with a neon streak of light following behind you as you move. I think your character is some type of android or a guy in Suit. Visually, I feel like the best way to describe it, would be by calling it a much older version of "Daemon X Machina." The movement and aesthetics work and look just as similarly, but you control your character with a mouse and keyboard. It was really fun and I had a lot of fond memories of it, I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone was able to somehow find the name of this game and where I can download it for nostalgia's sake.

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I remember playing a game that was similar to Super Mario Brothers 2 on NES. You played as a princess and you were aboard a ship and could throw vegetables.

Tomika7771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello!

So this game is very vague in my memory, but I hope anyone can help me... I played it in the late 90's-Early 20's. (I believe on windows 95) It was set in a 3D environment, and I was controlling some sort of a flying saucer - spaceship - drone (or maybe not). I remember I had to pick up stuff-buffs, possibly,. I know this is very little info, but if you have a list of 3D games, that entail spaceship-like stuff, help would be appreciated...

Tomika7771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just one more info on this game... apparently there is a level/world called "dahlia",

Zekrom2378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I’m trying to remember this game that I played on the computer when i was in Kindergarten (2008-2009). I don’t remember too much about it but I do remember some anthropomorphized tiger lady and it was in some sort of mansion or manor and I’m pretty sure it was a hidden object game. I know for a fact that is wasn’t a shooter or action, there may have been puzzles in it as well. Please help, I am bothered by my inability to remember this game. This game was also made for young children (I think because I played it on the school computers).

Jack55x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4518  Edited By Jack55x

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the name of a game I played on PC when I was a kid, around 2003/4 maybe. It might not be very popular but anyway here it is. It was medieval/fantasy. You start out with 2 available characters: a female and a large build male. There was 3 more characters in the menu but they were not unlocked yet and were only visible as shadows/outlines. As the male character you rode either standing on top of 2 horses or a chariot i can't remember which, and some of the monsters were large spiders. It was more of an open world style game but not fully. It's limited info but if anything comes to mind please let me know, thanks!

rbnzdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

LixoYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK i have a problem remembering a game too (i remembered it once and i forgot it again lol) okay the year must be around 2000 and 2007 cos i played it when i was little (born 2004) and it is about a fluffy red ball with a propeller hat that has to collect other fluffy balls and avoid getting hit or else they scatter around the map and you have to collect them again, you can play as a boy (red ball) and a girl (pink ball) and um.. i remember there were some pirate ship maps and... like black things that are trying to get you... and... i dont really know what genre it is or anything but i guess its adventure/action? i dont really know thats the most info i can tell you for now (unless u say something and make me remember even more things) hope your search goes nicely! Thank you!! :D

duarmemek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi i dont expect much from the description i was about to give

but i recall playing a kinda point and click adventure game first person (if my memory serves me right). its plot point is really similiar to GONE HOME

protagonist goes home to find there's nobody home in a dark stormy night, i might say this game is the precursor of gone home, i cannot give much detail but i remember two scene specifically from this game the first one is finding a revolver inside a desk cabinet, the second one is communicating with a women's voice (might be a ghost) that is trapped inside a ventilation in a toilet, eventually you can bust open the vent and find other parts of the house that you cannot explore (again, if my memory serves me right). there is also the protagonist father office where you can uncover a hidden "something" in a painting behind the main desk

for so many time i thought the game was 1992 Alone in The Dark, maybe its because the title had some element of "Dark" or something, but no this game is a first person view, point and click, mystery styled horror game, and i might've associated it with AITD because of the rainy dark atmosphere

When i say this game is similiar to GONE HOME, i meant only the earlier parts. its similiar in a term protagonist coming home to find nobody home.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE NAME

humanitylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@duarmemek: i also scour the internet for this game, i believe i used played it in a "psp rip-off" called PVP, its a fucking physical emulator selled as a product by second-hand cellphone retailers and it had like a shit ton of games, ranging from ATARI games to PSX games. Its not even a proper console, altough shaped like PSP it can only play at best PS1 games, not strong enough for PS2 games i think let alone a PSP

Its from the 90s to late 2000s i think and i believe the genre is closer to horror than mystery.

The voice of girl coming from the vent is the only memorable thing i know about this game

You traverse this giant empty house (probably a mansion).

The first person perspective cannot be moved, its like a point and click game

And the revolver you find can be used

To shoot off the vent(?) (Thats what i remember) and your character enter to find and save the girl only to find nobody inside, shooting the other side reveal the other wings unacessible through the world map

But unlike you, i associate this game more with Silent Hill and Resident Evil

Maybe because the mansion was creepy enough to pass off as RE1 mansion ahaha

Hope that can narrow the search somehow

humanitylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And what's the name of that point and click adventure about a cafe bombing in paris ?

Broken blade something something idk

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

humanitylover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moskelosk: thank you,had a blast playing that game again, all those childhood memories are rushing me so overwhelmingly

My gratitude.

GregoriX96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4529  Edited By GregoriX96

Hello community!

I'm looking for a browser game (but I'm not 100% sure about the platform) where you played with a little kid. You travelled level by level, helped a lot of people, and in the end, he meets with a homeless man. Then the kid offered a red apple to the man, but the homeless man responded with he took his gun then shoot the kid. Then searced for any value what the boy might have. He did not find anything so he spits upon then went.

Yeah, it was a very sad game, but instructive as well, this is why I'm looking for it.

Thank you in advance for your help, I hope someone knows this game!

Avatar image for thegamenarrator
TheGameNarrator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi guys!

I am currently looking for a game that I played on the Xbox 360 in 2010-2012. I do not remember much of the lore but I do remember 2 things.

1. The style of the game was similar to Castle Crashers (great game btw) but slighty more cartoonish looking.

2. There are 3 distinct mini-games of which I remember, the first one is where you are in a race with 3 others players, it's simple enough, you use items to attempt to screw the other players over or screw up the race for people behind you. The second one is where the players would try to mine the farthest down with a limited amount of points, you could get more points ( I believe you started out with 10 or 12 ) by hitting these point capsules. The last one ( and the one I have the best memories of) is where you play as cop(s), and the objective is to live the longest/run the longest by eating doughnuts to earn frenzy points.

I do not remember if it is compatible with online play as during my childhood I only played it with my brothers or my friends.

Anyway, thank you for any help that I receive.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It uses the same "draw/drag and match" mechanic that Grindstone does....except it was released a lot earlier. I could have sworn it was mobile, but don't remember if it was iOS or Android. 2D, simple-ish graphics. Had a very Puzzle Quest aesthetic to it: swords, skulls, gold, etc., only with much simpler pixel-style visuals.

~Thanks!

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a recent release (in that it was in that news popup when you launch Steam recently). I looked like a Hotline Miami-like but with swords. Top down and all that. I swear it exists, but can't find anything.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@mikewhy: God's Trigger or Mr. Shifty, maybe?

AlistairDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, so back in the mid-life 90's, I remember playing this pc game as a kid where you were a frog and you save a princess frog from a scary like alligator who holds the throne.

Was a kids point and click game, digital art that was storybook esque, your usual 90's affair. I remember seeing it in (I think) the music room of my first grade school so long ago I couldn't give you a year.

I really only remember two parts, one with a bridge, maybe rainbow colors, and it was a music puzzle where the troll underneath would keep getting pissed off about the noise.

The second was when you enter the Throne room when/after saving the princess and they escape the alligator king guy by running in circles until he falls or something and you escape.

I REALLY wanna play it again because I remember it being good by this far, I have had no luck at all. Anyone able to help finish a now 13 year old quest?

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sparky_buzzsaw: Thanks but sadly it's neither of them :(. It was Akane. Not sure why Steam was showing a year old game in its news popup, but I'm glad to have that solved.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@mikewhy: Ah, right on. At least you figured it out.

aWrestlingGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4537  Edited By aWrestlingGuy

There was this game i watched my brother play i remember that it was on pc it was the mid 2000s the game was a 3d driving game and i remember watching him drive a hugh i think it was a dumptruck. The graphics i would remember were decent for the time and i think it was a mining/quarry simulator and i remember that the sky and ground had a red tint to it

MzO2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4538  Edited By MzO2019

Hey guys

I miss a game include a man with a white amigo hat collect swords to kill funny skulls and bats and key to open doors in castle,in some levels you must get down in a dark place to bring swords and keys

Careful with fires and the levels have different colors such as green pink etc (arcade like puzzle platformer)

Silly info: when he jumps he says: woo

It's on pc (%50) in 2000+ not 1990+ and I didn't find it in Google.

Thank you!

SethNeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

place outside some ruins and it is a big robot scorpion. the second boss is in the ruins and is some cylinder construct. you attaked using circle for ground slam, triangle for line attack. the next world is a desert. you play as human. all i can remember

JessSchoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4540  Edited By JessSchoxx

Hi,

I’m trying to remember a game. It was probably around the late 90s early 2000s. I think it was a PC game. The aim of the game was to mine for gems and gold. You could upgrade all different areas of the drill so that you could go for longer/faster so you could collect more gems without going back to the surface. If you were down for too long you would lose the game.

calamityganon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all- heeeelp meeeee remember this old PC game from the mid-late 90's

I played it on a gateway PC alongside games like "thief" (if that helps narrow down the system and year)

It was a car game, but not necessarily racing, but not Carmageddon. I remember hair metal, like really prominent hair metal, and I also remember creating tracks but not for racing, more to see how far I can make the car fly off the track into the air and how grand of a crash I can make. I also slightly remember that you can maybe design the car to some extent? And I feel like the "main" car was a red generic looking convertible but this might be way wrong.
I don't know if this was just my 12 year old self messing with one specific mode in the game of if it was the main point of the game, but I spent hours crashing my car and watching it fly off cliffs and I generally remember the hair metal and my car just flipping and flying through the air, like hundreds of feet in the air.
ANYONE???

JimboCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember playing this game in 2007. It was third person game. you were playing as templar knight of some sorts. In the first part you are fighting against some monks and knights and then you move to jerusalem looking level. i cant remember the rest.

Mbokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thewild5: Hey wild, the game could probably be King's Quest VII. Sounds alot like that to me. Since the desert part of the level is quite early on in the game, and there is indeed a rabbit.

Mbokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@calamityganon: Ey ganon, the only hair metal prominent carmageddonish? game i can think of is the first Twisted Metal game which came out in 95'. I do not recall if theres a level editor on there, but it was the first thing that came to mind when i read "Hair metal" "Carmageddon" and "not necessarily racing". Worth a shot eh?

pytcrissyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4546  Edited By pytcrissyy

So I wanna get a laptop and I just remembered this computer game my step cousin used to play, I would ask her but we don’t talk, anyways it was a computer game that you can be a girl or boy and I think it’s similar to poptropica maybe , they don’t walk around though they float on top of something a like a board but they have customizations for it of course, they’re pretty cute that’s the best I can describe it with my memory

thewild5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mbokay: THATS IT. OH MY GOD YOURE INCREDIBLE

Mbokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barclay99x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4549  Edited By Barclay99x

The game was released in the late 1990s or early 2000's. It had a two word title. It was on PC and there was at least one level that was set on the island around the statue of Liberty. I think it was a shooter/puzzle type game. I think they made sequels.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers