The "Can't remember the name of this game" Thread v3.0

nonstopiggypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4701  Edited By nonstopiggypop

@yanamip: There's lots of scenes in your description that remind me of an adventure game called Spaceship Warlock. It's older than what you described; it's from the early 90s. It's first-person, you write things out to get information and early portions of the game take place on a luxury cruise starship. The pacing doesn't match up but maybe it might help you out.

Avatar image for slothundrstairs
slothundrstairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mordi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4703  Edited By mordi

What's the name of this game?

I played a demo that came with an old PC magazine somewhere around 1995-1999. It had to be either Windows 95 or Windows 98. It was a decathlon or triathlon type of sports-game where you could play as either people or various creatures, such as a kangaroo or a yeti, I think. One event was a boxing ring. Another was climbing up the side of a building. The graphics were 2D. It might have been prerendered 3D of some sort. That's all I remember.

Does anyone know?

Edit: After years of searching, I find it after posting here. It was this game:
Gooch Grundy's X-Decathlon
https://www.old-games.com/download/4666/gooch-grundy-s-x-decathlon

kyrlamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played this game when i was a kid with the first computer in the house running win xp ( born in 98) and really struggling to find it online for about 2 years.

platfrom shooter 3d person kindof space/hover/allien smthing like that

you spawn in the middle of a giant square map and progress thgough levels every time same map diferent collours and enemies. the level ended when you killed all enemies ( or the boss ? ) and if i recall this corectrly you were elevated when the mission ended in order to land in the next level's map in the middle of the map i guess

you controlled a small space/hover smthing which fired bullets straight from its gun where you were looking really fast . i remember that you could gather some things like coins on powerups but iam not sure
i believe you could controll the thing with mouse and also with keyboard
the space/hover thing was not very grippy and you could go around the square map in high speeds
i remember awesome sounds from firing and hiting the grail in the end of the map

camera above your ship always in center and had some aspects of 3d elements but again im really not sure . i do not rememeber the main menu or any upgrade menu at all but again i might be wrong.
there is a chance that i got the game from a magazine like PC Magazine or smthing like that but i was too young to remember and beat the game . really want to get back in that game and finish it if there is an end

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4705  Edited By whitegreyblack

@thevamp25: Memory of a Broken Dimension. If I recall correctly the game has never fully released. I remember watching it for a long time and eventually giving up on hopes for it to ever release.

edit: Just checked, and its Steam page still says "Coming Soon" so I guess now that I'm reminded of it I'll toss it on my wishlist!

edit 2: Looks like you can at least play "something" of the game from Itch.io https://xra.itch.io/memory-of-a-broken-dimension

Eddiegames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nonstopiggypop; no, unfortunately. The game I was thinking of had better graphics, double jumping, running on ceilings, sawblades, the first area was a forest/field type area, the main character looked a bit like the Doodle Jump character, and it reminded me a lot of Super Meat Boy