The Community Spotlight - 02/17/2018

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
Many Thanks to Fobwashed for creating this work of art!
Many Thanks to Fobwashed for creating this work of art!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to once again be your host this week. The big games of the previous two weeks are still going strong. Monster Hunter: World and Dragon Ball FighterZ still have a tight grip on the Giant Bomb community, but recent releases have still created their own sort of buzz as well. Celeste and Kingdom Come: Deliverance were big talking points, and many more are excited about new details for Kingdom Hearts III! With all this in mind, let's jump into the site related housekeeping, because there's quite a bit to review:

Clips Of The Week

This is the EXACT moment when Garfield Lasagna World Tour
This is the EXACT moment when Garfield Lasagna World Tour "broke" Jeff.

Every Time They Kick Odie in Garfield Lasagna World Tour (By: @jeremym)

JeremyM is back and he's created a video compiling every time Jeff kicks Odie in Garfield Lasagna World Tour.

Neon Gerstmann Evangarfion: Third Kittpact (By: @niko_of_death)

Many thanks to Giant Bomb user niko_of_death for melding the ending to Garfield with Gerstmann with Neon Genesis Evangelion! It's a match made in heaven!

Each Radiohead Album Described by Giant Bomb Clips (By: Steven)

Over on YouTube, Steven attempted to use Giant Bomb clips to describe each Radiohead album. I have been told this is a meme overtaking the music community on the internet.

Giant Bomb SOS Benny Hill (By: Rudy Ramirez)

Here's another fun YouTube creation! Rudy Ramirez set one of the best moments from the SOS: Unfinished to the Benny Hill theme.

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER - All Systems Goku (By: @fobwashed)

Dan's goofball antics reminded Fobwashed of one of his favorite "filler" episodes from DragonBall Z, and after he made the connection he went ahead and created this amazing work of art.

Okay, Now I See Why Dan And Brad... Now I See Why They Love This Tattoo So Much (THE_NUBSTER)

HOLY COW! The_Nubster went ahead and had a tattoo made in honor of Vinny's fire extinguisher shenanigans in Hitman! Marvel at the fantastic ink work!

Tweets Of The Week

Community Activities

(Un)Official Monster Hunter World Squad + Discord! (By: @bollard)

I got a request to remind everyone one more time of the Giant Bomb community-run Discord for Monster Hunter: World. Check it out, and have Giant Bomb duders help you through the game's harder moments.

DBFZ Casual Fight Night & Tournament (By: @mikefightnight)

With the All Systems Goku podcast reaching new heights in terms of anime podcasts, here's a link to our community fight night event for Dragon Ball FighterZ. All comers are welcome!

Giant Bomb, Be My Valentine! (By: @seriuzbiznus)

Yes, I know Valentines Day is over, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying Giant Bomb users have their best go at making Giant Bomb themed "Roses are red..." poems. Here's what the community has whipped up thus far:

Best Of Blogs

There's a Kingdom Hearts blog discussing its story without an ounce of condescension? HOLD THE PRESSES
There's a Kingdom Hearts blog discussing its story without an ounce of condescension? HOLD THE PRESSES

What The Heck Is Happening In Kingdom Hearts 3?: An Attempted Explanation(By: @genericbrotagonist)

Hey, does the Kingdom Hearts universe make ZERO SENSE? GenericBrotagonist went ahead and summarized the entire franchise's storyline in a 3,000-word blog post... I kid you not.

Deep Listens: Back to Basics with Final Fantasy I: Part 2- The Grand Final-e (By: @thatpinguino)

Here is the second of two podcasts detailing the journey of three doofuses playing various versions of the original Final Fantasy. Fun fact, a skit on this podcast gave me food poisoning!

TheMist997's Ranking of Resident Evil (Starting From Four)& My Thoughts on Hunt:Showdown Alpha (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 uses their latest blog to "scientifically" rank the numbered entries in the Resident Evil franchise. See how your favorites in the series fared. Also, TheMist997 toyed around with the beta for Hunt: Showdown, Crytek's upcoming shooter.

Have you never heard of Freedom Planet 2 before? Then give MocBucket62's latest blog a read!
Have you never heard of Freedom Planet 2 before? Then give MocBucket62's latest blog a read!

How Freedom Planet 2 Is Becoming A Niche Cuphead (Aka A Promising Indie Title That Got Announced Too Early) (By: @mocbucket62)

MocBucket62 blogged why he thinks Freedom Planet 2 fell victim to Cuphead's biggest pitfall of being announced too early before its actual release, and how that impacts each game's viability.

Saturday Summaries 2018-02-17: CRPG Check-In Edition (By: @mento)

Mento's week of blogging included impressions of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, a review of the obscure Indie platformer Poncho, his continuing descent into hidden object madness, the current state of CRPGs, and a semi-reluctant viewing of MacGruber.

Join The Discussion

Those are some snazzy looking hockey Jerseys!
Those are some snazzy looking hockey Jerseys!

As A Newcomer To The Yakuza Series, What Is The Best Way To Experience The Games? (By: @tuxedocruise)

It has been a while since "Beast in the East: Yakuza 0" ended, but where should a newcomer to the Yakuza series go after Yakuza 0? Should they jump into Yakuza Kiwami, or find a way to play OG Yakuza?

What Are Duders Going To Get On Your GB Hockey Jerseys? (By: @thedarkwayne)

What do you plan to get on your Giant Bomb hockey jersey? Share your idea for the expensive but AWESOME addition to the Giant Bomb store.

Dynasty Warriors 9 Impressions Sharing Thread (By: @abczyx)

I know many of you wouldn't think there are Dynasty Warriors fans on Giant Bomb, but there are! If you are one of them, feel free to share your impressions of the latest entry in the storied franchise.

Your First 1000 Hour Game (By: @upperdecker)

Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems to be taking the internet by storm! Join our discussions if you have been playing it!
Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems to be taking the internet by storm! Join our discussions if you have been playing it!

The title says it all! What was the first game you sunk OVER 1,000 hours into? Personally, RTS and turn-based strategy games can become a blur that inadvertently suck away hours of my life.

Kingdom Come Deliverance Is Out Now! (By: @hero_swe)

What are your impressions of Kingdom Come: Deliverance if you have been playing it? Join our community discussion about the game's representation of Medieval combat.

Here Comes a New Challenger: Blanka Joins Street Fighter V February 20th (By: @starvinggamer)

Everyone's favorite green power-plant is coming to Street Fighter V! How excited are you to play Blanka in Street Fighter V? What impact will his inclusion have on the metagame?

Uh... Kingdom Hearts is weird.
Uh... Kingdom Hearts is weird.

Kingdom Hearts & Kingdom Hearts III D23 Japan Info Discussion Thread (By: @tepidshark)

Kingdom Hearts III sure has had a bunch of information about it released in the last week. Feel free to share your impressions of the recently released trailer, and speculate how Ben is feeling about the news.

Hardest Game You've Ever Beaten? (By: @slaps2)

What's the hardest game you have ever beaten? Share your proudest accomplishments in hardcore or masocore gaming over here.

How Are People Who Haven't Played Any Or Much Of The Previous Games Liking Monster Hunter: World? (By: @ichthy)

Is Monster Hunter: World your first Monster Hunter? If it is, how has it been treating you? Is there any part of World's design that is driving you insane?

This is the only Blanka I know of.
This is the only Blanka I know of.

Video Game and Music Pairings of the Past (By: @undeadpool)

Inspired by a recent Bombcast question, we have a thread discussing video game and music pairings. I know plenty of you associate Cher's "Believe" with a certain driving game.

Lovable Lists

Those That Missed Out (2010 Onwards) (By: @superharman)

Superharman shares an interesting idea for this list. On it he annotates games that would have emphatically made his GOTY list had he actually played them when they came out. Check it out, and think of games that would be on your own list.

Useful User Reviews

Retro-styled pixel platforms have been huge the past two weeks.
Retro-styled pixel platforms have been huge the past two weeks.
  • @morecowbell24's quick review of Celeste shares why the game's awkward juxtapositions didn't detract from its compelling gameplay.
  • @d_w's Iconoclasts review shares why they found the game's visual design leaps and bounds better than its design.
  • @l33t_haxor uses their review of The Age of Decadence to share how it's a game for the nostalgic CRPG fan in many of us.
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

That's a pretty crazy tattoo.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Thanks for the mention this week! I loved watching those clips of Jeff kicking Odie and all those GB clips representing Radiohead songs.

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bicycle_Repairman

That Radiohead Giant Bomb video is AMAZING.

morecowbell24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 37

Thanks as always for the feature!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Yay

niko_of_death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

oh shit i made it bigtime now

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

ugh I guess I should watch DBZ.

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanks for the mention! You won't find any condescension here, just a genuine love of the series.

PerfidiousSinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@zombiepie Don't know if this is worthy of a spotlight, but I did make this last week.

With nose
With nose
With no nose
With no nose