The Community Spotlight - 03/04/2017

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week! It was a week featuring the highest of highs, and lowest of lows. Hopefully everyone here thoroughly enjoyed Giant Bomb's Nintendo Switch launch coverage and other general tomfoolery. This week also marked the last day Drew was an employee of Giant Bomb. What the future holds for Drew is anyone's guess. With that in mind, let's address the site related housekeeping:

Community Activities

No Caption Provided

Nintendo Switch Friend Code Exchange (By: @aesthetic_noise)

Are you interested in populating your Nintendo Switch friends list with fellow Giant Bomb users? Well then don't be a wallflower and post yours over here!

Clips Of The Week

Good Luck, Solid Scanlon... (By: @graboids)

In what can only be described to be a "fitting tribute," graboids/Bryan Ward crafted this excellent salute to Drew Scanlon.

I'm A Fan Of Drew Scanlon (By: @mepsipax)

Mepsipax created a compilation video highlighting the best moments of Drew on GB from the last 8 years he has spent bringing us joy.

Godspeed, Drew (By: @nomad175)

Nomad175 also joined the fun in playing tribute to Drew by whipping up this video compiling his favorite Drew moments.

Best of Giant Bomb's Deadly Premonition Endurance Run--03 (By: @clagnaught)

clagnaught has another HILARIOUS compilation video of the best moments from the Deadly Premonition Endurance Run!

Giant Bomb Galleria

Giant POGs (By: jrdizon)

Over on Tumblr jrdizon is the person responsible for the latest mailbag video's Giant POGs! Read how he made it happen, and his attempt to play the wretched game.

Best Of Blogs

Someone please stop the madness.
Someone please stop the madness.

PAX Guide 2017: East Edition (By: @marino)

This edition of Marino's PAX Guide marks the six year anniversary in which he started creating these guides for the massive gaming convention. Whether PAX East 2017 is your first PAX or your eighteenth, this edition is certainly a treat to read.

Night In The Woods Is Less Than The Sum Of Its Excellent Parts, But Is Still A Great Game (By: @bigsocrates)

BigSocrates articulates why Night in the Woods is "less than the sum of its parts," but still manages to craft an interesting narrative and video game experience.

Super Mario 16: My Quest to Speedrun Mario 64 (Part 2) (By: @generic_username)

Generic_username continues his effort to learn how to speedrun Super Mario 64 with Cool, Cool Mountain as his next target.

Introducing "Explain Yourself!" Number One (By: @jeffrud)

jeffrud has a new series wherein he tries to rationalize the last few video game purchases and trade-ins he's made. This week he talks about buying HyperZone and Destiny.

The Quest To 100 Slows Down (February Progress Report) (By: @morecowbell24)

The Nintendo Switch was a major talking point on Giant Bomb? Who would have thought that!
The Nintendo Switch was a major talking point on Giant Bomb? Who would have thought that!

morecowbell24 is still committed to playing 100 games this year, but explains why his quest has been slowing down in recent weeks.

Last-Second Questions On The Nintendo Switch (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 used his latest blog to discuss the "burning questions" he has about the future and viablity of the Nintendo Switch.

All-New Saturday Summaries 2017-03-04 (By: @mento)

Mento's regular Saturday round-up includes links to his most recent episodes of The Top Shelf and Indie Game of the Week, as well as his early impressions of Just Cause 3 and a comic send-off for Drew.

Join The Discussion

Neon all the way!
Neon all the way!

General Early Switch Impressions (By: @octopusrocketmark)

It's going to be the main talking point for months to come, but what are your early impressions of the Switch? Join our community discussion for Nintendo's latest console.

Grey or Neon Joycons?[Poll Included] (By: @ohbabes)

Do you find yourself gravitating towards the gray or neon colored joycons for the Switch? Vote for and discuss your preference.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Community Discussion Thread (By: @giantlennonx_x)

After the wave of positive reviews subsided, what are your impressions of Link's latest offing in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? Feel free to discuss your adventures in the game as well.

Have you been having fun in Link's latest outing?
Have you been having fun in Link's latest outing?

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Impressions Sharing Thread (By: @glots)

Do you have any early impressions of Horizon: Zero Dawn you want to share? Drop a comment on how you have survived the game's futuristic dystopia.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Screenshots Thread (By: @fredchuckdave)

Speaking of Horizon: Zero Dawn, have you taken any AMAZING screenshots of your adventures in the game? Share any vista shots you managed to capture over here!

Xbox One Pass Discussion Thread (By: @pjgut)

How has the hunting in Horizon been treating you?
How has the hunting in Horizon been treating you?

What is your gut reaction to the new Xbox One Pass program? Is it bound to crash much like GameFly, or does it have the potential to set a new standard for the industry?

Lovable List

What is ranked as
What is ranked as "God Tier," or "Tier 7" on Slags's list? Find out now!

Ranking of Franchises - Personal Favorites (By: @slag)

Check out Slag's recent list annotating his favorite, as well as most hated, video game franchises he has played.

Useful User Reviews

Wonderful Wikis

Nintendo Switch

It is the console everyone will be talking about for quite some time. Learn all about the lead-up to the console's release on our wiki page for the platform.

Torment: Tides Of Numenera

To say Torment: Tides Of Numenera had a "complicated" development cycle would be an understatement. Discover more about the game's hellish and controversial development.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

First time seeing that Hatsune Miku POG. That's great!

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

That Hatsune Miku pog is great

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Those pogs are awwweeesome.

So are these best of endurance run videos, really well done.

DREEEEEEW!

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Thanks again for putting me up here, guys! Part 3 of my little speedrunning series is written, I just need to figure out the layout of my screenshots and add captions, so it'll be a lot less time from part 2 to part 3 than it was for part 1 to part 2.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@rorie Leaving out the copyrighted images, if those pogs aren't too hard to produce I'd totally buy those packs as a cool memento of GB history. Store merch plskthx!

BakerMikeRomeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watching all these farewells to drew and i just can't

you guys i can't

shut up, get off me

i'm not crying

YOU'RE crying

Mepsipax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks as always for featuring me in the community spotlight and thank you Drew for everything!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Those pogs are really nice. They're no Laura Dern, but then again, what is?

morecowbell24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 37

Always appreciate this feature and the feature!

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I now have to live Giant Bomb without Drew Scanlon aka Thor. This will be hard.

netmagic272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really well done.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8