Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
No Caption Provided

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host this week. If there is one major takeaway, I pulled from this week it is you all want to talk about Mass Effect: Andromeda. Never have I seen a game so thoroughly trounce all the other releases on the Giant Bomb forums like Mass Effect: Andromeda. Whether it be a strong indictment against the game's facial animations or a passionate defense of the game's beautiful worlds; Andromeda is forcing many of you out of the woodworks. Here are the other notable takeaways you should be aware of:

Clips Of The Week

Best of Film & 40s for 2 Fast 2 Furious (By: @mendelson9)

Mendelson9 compiled the best and most hilarious moments from Film & 40s commentary track for 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Giant Bomb - F&40s - Vinny Loves to Hate 2F2F (By: Method Fighting)

And here's a compilation video of Vinny slowly losing his sanity while watching 2 Fast 2 Furious.

Best Of Blogs

Believable romances in a JRPG? Say it ain't so!
Believable romances in a JRPG? Say it ain't so!

Exploring The Trope-heavy Relationships In Tales Games (By: @generic_username)

Using Tales of Hearts R as a jumping point, Generic_username discusses how anime and trope heavy relationship arcs can work in video games.

Lemme Tell You A Story: Magic the Gathering (By: @launch)

User Launch extrapolates why he thinks the Magic: The Gathering franchise doesn't receive enough credit for crafting a story from art.

Immersion By Familiarity- A Look At Kamurocho In The Yakuza Series (By: @marzz4967)

marzz4967 uses the Yakuza franchise as a case study on how video game worlds can create immersion from familiar locations near and dear to our hearts.

Is the world of Yakuza immersive? marzz4967 sure thinks so!
Is the world of Yakuza immersive? marzz4967 sure thinks so!

Revisiting Mass Effect: Part 6 (By: @meteora3255)

Andromeda might be getting all the attention now, but meteora3255 continues his series on the first Mass Effect. This week he re-examines the game's cinematic concluding moments.

Breath Of The Wild Influences Are Far-Reaching (By: @phoenix654)

Phoenix654 deconstructs the games he suspects may have influenced the development of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on his latest blog.

Detached: The Design of Inside (By: @gamer_152)

Fellow moderator Gamer_152 uses Inside to discuss how games can cut lines of communication with the player for the benefit of their narrative.

A Game Not To Play: Rainbow Six Siege (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 recently spent some time with Rainbow Six Siege and shares why his impressions of it are entirely negative.

All-New Saturday Summaries 2017-03-25 (By: @mento)

Check out Phoenix654's blog on why he thinks there's a relationship between Minecraft and Breath of the Wild.
Check out Phoenix654's blog on why he thinks there's a relationship between Minecraft and Breath of the Wild.

In this Q1 special, Mento summarizes the game releases we can expect to see from April, May and June as well as providing his final thoughts on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. New entries for The Top Shelf and Indie Game of the Week (which was Blue Isle Studio's 2016 game Valley) are also available for your perusal.

Games With An Active Development Life Cycle; Good or Bad? (By: @devise22)

Using Hitman and Destiny as examples, devise22 questions the positives and negatives of an active development cycle.

Two Weeks In The Switch Is A Delightful Throwback (By: @bigsocrates)

BigSocrates has owned his Nintendo Switch for two weeks and shares why he believes it to be a "delightful throwback" you should consider owning.

Join The Discussion

I heard this game had glitches.
I heard this game had glitches.

Good Game For A Five-Year-Old? (By: @guthwulf)

guthwulf wants to introduce his five-year-old to video games and is asking for YOUR HELP on where to start! Help a duder out in raising a future video game player!

What Is The Quickest You've Ever Returned/Resold A Game? (By: @meetthepyro)

Inspired by the recent outcry against Mass Effect: Andromeda, feel free to join this community exercise in discussing how quickly you sought a refund for a game you purchased.

Favorite Ability Combinations in Mass Effect: Andromeda? (By: @junkerman)

And weird facial animations. It's a double whammy!
And weird facial animations. It's a double whammy!

Have you discovered some interesting ability combinations in Mass Effect: Andromeda? Share them and discuss how effective they are in combat.

How Does Mass Effect: Andromeda Compare To Your Expectations? [Poll] (By: @spaceinsomniac)

Did Mass Effect: Andromeda exceed, meet, or fail your expectations? Vote for and extrapolate your stance after playing what you have of the game.

Post Your Mass Effect: Andromeda Ryder (By: @alistercat)

Did you create a custom character in Mass Effect: Andromeda? Post pictures of your version of "Ryder," even if it is an abomination, over here.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Bug Sharing Thread (By: @alistercat)

But at least we can all agree to enjoy fast cars and Vinny's incredulity.
But at least we can all agree to enjoy fast cars and Vinny's incredulity.

Feel free to complain and gripe about the smattering of glitches you have encountered while playing Mass Effect: Andromeda on this thread.

Fast And Furious Discussion Thread - Funderwear (By: @csl316)

Thanks in large part to Film and 40s, we now have a "ranking thread" for the Fast and Furious movie franchise. Just remember to not vote for Tokyo Drift. Despite what Jeff says, that movie is a trash fire of epic proportions.

Recommended Chips/Weapons/Pods? (By: @bbalpert)

Attention NieR: Automata players! What are your recommended chips/weapons/pods for newcomers? Share your tips and tricks for everyone to enjoy.

Everything Discussion Thread (By: @glots)

David O'Reilly's Everything has been released and you can join our community discussion about it. Can you help others better understand what the game is about?

Lovable Lists

Games of My Years (By: @audiobusting)

audioBusting annotates his favorite game from every year since his birth on this highly informational user list. Check it out and think about which games would grace your list.

Useful User Reviews

P.S. Giant Bomb East "singing" during test streams is quickly becoming my new favorite thing on this site.

ateatree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That opening gif, goddamn.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Undeadpool

"Undercover in what?! THE WITCHER 3?!!"

I missed that line the first time through. Vinny's incredulity is golden.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Thanks for the feature yet again. :)

On a side note, can people tell me how good the Film and 40's have been? It's something I really haven't listened to/watched yet, but I have to imagine it's gotta be interesting. I've been kind of on the fence because rewatching some of those old Fast and Furious movies seems like a chore. But the idea of hearing the Beast crew talk over them seems alright. (I liked Fast 5 and 6 for what it's worth, but everything between and after I thought was rather...garbage isn't the right word, but let's say not great.)

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devise22: Vinny has been gold in the four I've watched so far.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I really need to get into the Films and the 40s. The highlights I have seen from them are pretty great.

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By generic_username

Great job with the stuff everyone made this week. It's been a lot of fun reading through everyone's posts and watching the Film & 40s videos.

Also, I like that the best screenshot on the site to use to convey "believable romance" in Tales of Hearts R is one where the characters have cats on their heads. It's the one I used in the post, but man, JRPGS are goofy sometimes. I should probably actually post a few more screenshots when I have time.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I love that Vinny gif, it's so good.

Jpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jpope

anyone got a link to where that vinny gif is from?

nvm found it Unprofessional Fridays: 05/31/13

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

God, it seems I really need to get the Fast & Furious movies to watch Film & 40s.

Samcb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've had a Film & 40s Fast Five supercut done today if I hadn't lost all the files!!!!!!!

Maybe next week.

swim_trunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know it's been said but, that opening gif is the stuff legends are made of

launch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By launch

Thanks for the feature!

Also now I am buying all the F&F movies because how can I not after all these clips.

GrahamMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 11

How do they get around the copyright and showing the entire movie? I noticed the footage was

flipped--is that all you need to do?

Avatar image for generic_username
generic_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

@cwdawg1224: Oh, the clips have added the movie footage in, meaning they're not playing the entire movie straight through, just a few small sections.

Film & 40's itself is actually just an audio commentary you play at the same time as watching the movie, so GB doesn't actually have the movies on the site in any form.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

How do they get around the copyright and showing the entire movie? I noticed the footage was

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed the footage was flipped!

They're talking over it, so maybe they can pass it off as a transformative work or criticism or something? Also it's just clips, not the whole movie, and you can find a whole hell of a lot of movie clips on Youtube.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cwdawg1224 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed the footage was flipped!

They're talking over it, so maybe they can pass it off as a transformative work or criticism or something? Also it's just clips, not the whole movie, and you can find a whole hell of a lot of movie clips on Youtube.

They don't actually show the clips at all. It's just an audio feed. This is probably just for fun and context that we get to see the movie in clip format. Also, since it's just a few clips they can show it on the internet without getting sued or whatever.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By takashichea

Congrats everyone!

Minecraft and Breath of the Wild, sounds cool