The Community Spotlight - 05/11/2012

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Many Thanks to GB User I_smell for This Masterpiece! 
Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! A lot of stuff has happened this week, good and bad, worth talking about for a bit. First off, in light of the latest Lantern Run please realize that the Giant Bomb staff and moderation team do not permit the use of homophobic or racist slurs on the forums.  That and Ryan is truly sorry for anyone whom he has offended. You may have noticed that there is a new video player on the site. Please be aware that the new player is still being retooled and improved, and that the engineering staff are aware of issues with the new player. On Twitter site engineer Alexis Tweeted this picture of what the new site may look like. GB user Claude has lost his wife, if you have the time please share your condolences to him. Finally here is some ridiculousness provided by the Giant Bomb community:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Giant Bomb Golden Duder World Championship - Who is Your Favorite Giant Bomb Guest? Learn About How to Vote for Them Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Tera Guild - Join Other Users in Tera Over Here
  • Portal 2 Perpetual Level Sharing Thread - Share What Levels You Have Created With the Portal 2 Level Creator Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb MineCraft (360) Community Thread - See Who Else is Playing MineCraft on the 360 Over Here!
  • Mortal Kombat Vita - Kommunity PSN ID Swapping Thread - Hook Up With Other Users Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Holly molly do we have a lot of wikis to talk about today. Starhawk is the recent release which has caught the attention of the Giant Bomb community worth checking out if you don't know what it is about. Over the week Natural Selection 2 has gained a truly detailed wiki worth viewing. GB mod Marino has created the hilarious concpet page "Consolation Game," which has an appropriate default image. The Hulk Hogan and Bret hart wikis have been wonderfully re-hauled after being Wiki tasks. Finally the Fire Emblem sub-community...continue to hit it out of the park with their continual efforts to make Giant Bomb a great source of information about Fire Emblem. 

Lovable Lists

Isnpired by the Quick Look for Datura user Mento has created a list of the "Best Giant hands" in video games he has experienced. I have finally decided to go back and systematically update my list of Wikis that I have showcased. Now you can see the 500+ wikis that I have put the effort to try and bring attention to. 

Best of Blog 

User Egge talks about how in the world he has ended up donating $700 on various Kickstarter video game projects. Mento continues his madness with his effort to get through his indie game backlog and shows off his MS Paint skills. wumbo3000 discusses his favorite intros in video games. I_Smell provides an update on his forays at making indie games. Sparky and dankempster both went back to some personal favorites this week. MjorMitch describes why he walked away from and stopped playing Xenoblade Chronicles. troidy continues his effort to play every single Oregon trail game and AlexW00d struggles to defeat the 1C Complete Pack. DoctorWelch talks about the beginning of his summer video gaming. Gamer_152 breaks down why users can't use slurs on the forums. nintendoeats talks about why true innovation is rare in the video game industry. xyzygy reviews and discusses why anyone who can't play The Witcher 2 on the PC should check it out on the 360. Finally JBG4, Psycosis, and Alaska_Gamer all have provide great updates on what they have been doing this week. 

Fantastic Forums  

Your eyes do not deceive you! I've finally decided to split up Forums and Blogs posts on the Spotlight so is that content is easier to digest and you don't have this giant blob in the middle of the Spotlight. So in case you ignored the Hardy Boys x Giant Bomb fan art created by I_smell check out his forum post and tell him what you think about it. User Matthew asks you to go back to 1992 and decide on which game you would have been most excited about. Drew has posted all of his photos from his trip to North Korea in forum post form that anyone can view. Finally Winternet discusses and asks you to comment about if the site really needs formal reviews. 

Useful User Reviews  

User Created Podcasts 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! A lot of stuff has happened this week, good and bad, worth talking about for a bit. First off, in light of the latest Lantern Run please realize that the Giant Bomb staff and moderation team do not permit the use of homophobic or racist slurs on the forums.  That and Ryan is truly sorry for anyone whom he has offended. You may have noticed that there is a new video player on the site. Please be aware that the new player is still being retooled and improved, and that the engineering staff are aware of issues with the new player. On Twitter site engineer Alexis Tweeted this picture of what the new site may look like. GB user Claude has lost his wife, if you have the time please share your condolences to him. Finally here is some ridiculousness provided by the Giant Bomb community:

Community Activities & Game Groups

• Giant Bomb Golden Duder World Championship - Who is Your Favorite Giant Bomb Guest? Learn About How to Vote for Them Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb Tera Guild - Join Other Users in Tera Over Here
  • Portal 2 Perpetual Level Sharing Thread - Share What Levels You Have Created With the Portal 2 Level Creator Over Here!
  • Giant Bomb MineCraft (360) Community Thread - See Who Else is Playing MineCraft on the 360 Over Here!
  • Mortal Kombat Vita - Kommunity PSN ID Swapping Thread - Hook Up With Other Users Over Here!

Wonderful Wikis 

Holly molly do we have a lot of wikis to talk about today. Starhawk is the recent release which has caught the attention of the Giant Bomb community worth checking out if you don't know what it is about. Over the week Natural Selection 2 has gained a truly detailed wiki worth viewing. GB mod Marino has created the hilarious concpet page "Consolation Game," which has an appropriate default image. The Hulk Hogan and Bret hart wikis have been wonderfully re-hauled after being Wiki tasks. Finally the Fire Emblem sub-community...continue to hit it out of the park with their continual efforts to make Giant Bomb a great source of information about Fire Emblem. 

Lovable Lists

Isnpired by the Quick Look for Datura user Mento has created a list of the "Best Giant hands" in video games he has experienced. I have finally decided to go back and systematically update my list of Wikis that I have showcased. Now you can see the 500+ wikis that I have put the effort to try and bring attention to. 

Best of Blog 

User Egge talks about how in the world he has ended up donating $700 on various Kickstarter video game projects. Mento continues his madness with his effort to get through his indie game backlog and shows off his MS Paint skills. wumbo3000 discusses his favorite intros in video games. I_Smell provides an update on his forays at making indie games. Sparky and dankempster both went back to some personal favorites this week. MjorMitch describes why he walked away from and stopped playing Xenoblade Chronicles. troidy continues his effort to play every single Oregon trail game and AlexW00d struggles to defeat the 1C Complete Pack. DoctorWelch talks about the beginning of his summer video gaming. Gamer_152 breaks down why users can't use slurs on the forums. nintendoeats talks about why true innovation is rare in the video game industry. xyzygy reviews and discusses why anyone who can't play The Witcher 2 on the PC should check it out on the 360. Finally JBG4, Psycosis, and Alaska_Gamer all have provide great updates on what they have been doing this week. 

Fantastic Forums  

Your eyes do not deceive you! I've finally decided to split up Forums and Blogs posts on the Spotlight so is that content is easier to digest and you don't have this giant blob in the middle of the Spotlight. So in case you ignored the Hardy Boys x Giant Bomb fan art created by I_smell check out his forum post and tell him what you think about it. User Matthew asks you to go back to 1992 and decide on which game you would have been most excited about. Drew has posted all of his photos from his trip to North Korea in forum post form that anyone can view. Finally Winternet discusses and asks you to comment about if the site really needs formal reviews. 

Useful User Reviews  

User Created Podcasts 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Giant Bomb rocks.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Thanks once again for the shoutout!

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

I should probably make it clear that when I gave Sniper Elite a 4/5, I actually meant that you should all buy it. I know that was hard to tell from the text of the review, so I figured that I should clarify.

Also, they appear to be planning some DLC which I will most likely buy. I NEVER buy DLC.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By JBG4

Thanks for the mention. Hopefully it draws some attention to my new blog. If not, I'll be forced to spend way too much on this Turbo Grafx 16, or my playtime with the Silent Hill HD collection this week and tell no one except my own personal shame about it. That folks is what we call a teaser for the next blog due out next week.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By takashichea

Congrats to the wiki editors for their stellar wiki work! Great job, everyone.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By N7

I nominate this thread for being the best thread ever: This thread.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

I would like to take this moment to taunt the Giant Bomb community because there's no fucking way they're going to release Fire Emblem Kakusei in North America. Oh, and congratulations to everyone who got featured this week. Except those who worked on the Fire Emblem articles.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@LordAndrew said:

I would like to take this moment to taunt the Giant Bomb community because there's no fucking way they're going to release Fire Emblem Kakusei in North America. Oh, and congratulations to everyone who got featured this week. Except those who worked on the Fire Emblem articles.

There's always a chance.

Also, as one of those that spent a good deal of time working on Fire Emblem articles, sit on it and spin.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

Also, as one of those that spent a good deal of time working on Fire Emblem articles, sit on it and spin.

Does "it" refer to a Brave Sword? Because he's gonna have to sit and spin at least 2-4 times.

However, I do wonder which will finish first: a North American release of Kakusei, or the English fan translation of Shin Monshou no Nazo.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JBG4

I have enjoyed some of the blogs profiled in the spotlight this week, as well as the Fire Emblem character pages, good job everyone involved in those.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@ZombiePie: Thanks for putting this together as always, ZombiePie. Also, I have another Fire Emblem page for you. The freakin' franchise page just got a serious overhaul.

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13  Edited By bassman2112

Love reading the spotlight, - have for a long time now, haha!

Hope my Music Post can get up on the next one =D Thanks a ton for doing these

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Also, because I know most users wont click the link, here's what Alexis Tweeted as a hint at what the new site rehaul may look like:

bassman2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By bassman2112

@ZombiePie: I have to admit, that looks more slick than I was anticipating haha.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By takashichea

Well, I got three more Fire Emblem Characters to report on:

I'll work on more wiki pages if I get some free time.

Great job on the Fire Emblem Awakening Downloadable Content images!

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By takashichea
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By Hizang

I made a MineCraft server, all are welcome.

http://www.giantbomb.com/minecraft/61-30475/my-minecraft-server/35-547095/

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#19  Edited By Mento  Moderator
B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers