The Community Spotlight - 05/19/2018

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host this week. Another week, another slurry of Giant Bomb content. As E3 2018 looms nearer, The Giant Bomb community has remained as strong as you would expect. The heavy-hitters from last week, God of War and BattleTech, are still major talking points on the site but a few key topics are giving them a run for their money. Earlier this week the closure of Boss Key Productions had the community buzzing, and people seem to be excited about State of Decay 2. With all of this in mind, let's jump into the site related housekeeping!

Clips Of The Week

Ice Cold Opens (By: @wallofbricks)

Giant Bomb user wallofbricks is back making HILARIOUS Giant Bomb compilation videos! This one faux-rotoscopes every cold opening to a UPF.

Tweets Of The Week

Giant Bomb Galleria

The American Mare (By: @JohnWilinski)

The return of "Million Dollar Abby" this week got Twitter user JohnWilinski excited, hence why they created this AWESOME work of art.

Remember to support artists whenever possible!
Remember to support artists whenever possible!

Best Of Blogs

Best wishes to everyone impacted by the Boss Key closing.
Best wishes to everyone impacted by the Boss Key closing.

My Super Productive Gaming Week (By: @jeremyf)

JeremyF has an incredibly productive playing game last week you can read about on their latest blog. Read all about his impressions of God of War and Yakuza Kiwami.

That Hamst3r Music Update with the Remixes from Those Games You Didn't Play(By: @hamst3r)

Gian Bomb's own Mozart is back with a blog detailing their sultry descent into the wonderful world of music. Give it a read and check out some of his neat video game remixes.

The Next Quadrillion Dollar Shutdown (By: @themist997)

TheMist997's latest blog is all about the shutdown of Boss Key Productions and the fickle quest to make the next big groundbreaking multiplayer experience.

Who would have guessed a Bombcast segment would inspire a research paper on ths site? Small world.
Who would have guessed a Bombcast segment would inspire a research paper on ths site? Small world.

Unisys ICON (The 1980's Canadian Computer Mentioned On The Bombcast A Few Weeks Ago) (By: @black_turtle)

Black_Turtle's interest in the educational computer, the Unisys ICON, was piqued after last week's Giant Bombcast, so they wrote a research paper on the device.

Yakuza 6: A Frustrating Finale (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan extrapolates why they think the finale and last act of Yakuza 6 are "frustrating." Even if you disagree, it's definitely worth a read.

Released: Prey As An ARPG (By: @gamer_152)

Moderator Gamer_152 blogs on how Prey (2017) is secretly one of the best ARPGs in years and credits the game's inclusion of a variety of tools in the world for the player to use.

Final Fantasy Friday the XIIIth Parts One and Two (By: @thatpinguino)

Deep Listens is a gaming podcast series hosted by Giant Bomb moderator thatpinguino, and this series is all about us trying to get to the point where Final Fantasy XIII gets "good." We are ten hours in, and it still hasn't happened.

People still keep telling me the Final Fantasy franchise can be
People still keep telling me the Final Fantasy franchise can be "good."

Back To Basics With Final Fantasy I - Episode II: Final Fantasy I ISN'T A Role-Playing Game, And Here's Why (By: @zombiepie)

Giant Bomb moderator ZombiePie is "back to the grind" in OG Final Fantasy! Check out their latest blog on why it barely counts as an RPG, let alone a "good" video game.

Saturday Summaries 2018-05-19: Millennial Edition (By: @mento)

Mento just hit 1,000 Giant Bomb blogs and boy are their arms tired? All the same, they cover that as well as a smattering of topics like Zelda randomizers, Alcahest, Skyblazer, Offspring Fling, Ultima Underworld II, and more on this week's Saturday Summaries.

Join The Discussion

I certainly didn't know a thing about Wizard of Legend until this week.
I certainly didn't know a thing about Wizard of Legend until this week.

Favorite Game From Each Console You've Owned (By: @mattca123)

There's a fun community activity on the Giant Bomb forums where users challenge themselves to list their favorite games on every console they have owned.

Looking For A Non-MMO Co-Op RPG (By: @gozertc)

Calling all Giant Bomb users! If someone is looking for an excellent non-MMO co-op RPG experience, what games should they consider? Share and discuss your picks over here.

Anybody Played Wizard Of Legend (By: @jorjor)

Have any of you tried out the crowdfunded 2D dungeon crawler, Wizard of Legend? If so, share your thoughts about it with the rest of the Giant Bomb community.

We are looking at god-tier snack food.
We are looking at god-tier snack food.

Multiplayer Update Announced For July 24th (By: @sweep)

What do YOU make of the announcement of traditional multiplayer in No Man's Sky? Will it get you to return to the game, or is it too little too late?

Do You Make Microwave Popcorn? And, Do You Do It As Much As You Used To? (By: @monkeyking1969)

Food polls and discussion thread always seem to do well, so here's one debating the validity of eating microwave popcorn. Where do you stand on everyone's favorite microwave-friendly source of chemicals?

Xbox Adaptive Controller- The Coolest thing Xbox Has Ever Done (By: @brackstone)

If you have any reactions to the Xbox Adaptive Controller, feel free to join our discussion about it over here. It's without a doubt a feel-good story worth talking about on the site.

An example of a
An example of a "perfect" hot dog.

Strange Journey Redux Discussion Thread (By: @socuteboss)

Do you know anything about Shin Megami Tensei games, because I sure as Hell don't! Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux recently hit North American shores and you can share your impressions of the game.

Boss Key Productions Shuts Down Effective Immediately (By: @gaff)

It's certainly unfortunate news, but what do you make of the closure of Boss Key Productions? Share your experiences with their works, and overall impressions of the studio's output.

Hot Dog Toppings (By: @meteora3255)

With Memorial Day right around the corner, what are your go-to Hot Dog toppings? Vote and discuss how you fill your hot dog, and if it includes ketchup, you are a monster.

Lovable Lists

NamCompendium: Famicom/NES Ports RANKED (By: @jeffrud)

I'm starting to think jeffrud has a
I'm starting to think jeffrud has a "special relationship" with Pac-Man.

Giant Bomb user jeffrud is in the process of "scientifically" ranking every Namco game ported to the Famicom/NES. See where the rankings stand thus far.

Top Racing Games For The PS4 (By: @bonbonetti)

Bonbonetti has found the PS4 to be an excellent platform for racing game fans. Here's a list of their favorite racing games on the platform thus far.

Unequivocally My 50 Games Of All Time (By: @shami_sansi)

Shami_Sansi shares their all-time favorite fifty video games because limiting themselves to ten and twenty games just was too difficult.

Useful User Reviews

• @riostarwind replayed Punch-Out!! for the Wii and uses their review to marvel how well it repackages the spirit of the original in a 3D game.
  • @jeffrud reviewed Star Fox 2 and declares it to be "best Star Fox game of the decade," BUT it isn't the compliment you think it is.
hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The American Mare!

David

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino Not a big deal but the letter t is missing in this sentence: "Gian Bomb's own Mozart is back with a blog detailing their sultry descent into the wonderful world of music."

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I want a chili dog so bad now.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hassun said:

The American Mare!

her parents are horses!

GozerTC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Holy crap! My question got mentioned! That's a first!

Seriously though I swear my quest for a game for the wife and I to play due to her restrictions is impossible.... or just a matter of "why don't you just make it yourself..."

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By jeffrud

Slow around here in NamCompendium country for now, but Dig Dug is nearly done and so is this school year so huzzah! Until then, more reviews!