Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host as always! E3 2015 is just around the corner and as a result this edition of the Community Spotlight will feature a brief, but hopefully helpful guide on the site's E3 plans. Below this introduction you will find a short but sweet E3 2015 directory. As with any major event on the site be nice and polite to each other, as well as any guests, and abide by our Golden Rule of "don't be a jerk." On brief non-E3 related news, the Giant Bomb wiki has and always will lack a generic mobile platform. As Jeff indicated on Tumblr this is not something that we plan on revisiting. With that let's get on with the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight!
Things to Consider About E3 2015
- All of the major press conferences will feature a live stream with one version where there is no commentary and another stream where there is commentary provided by the staff. To get the details on all of the streams that they plan on covering, as well as the times, check out the E3 Attack Plan Bombcast!
- Remember to post any and all blogs, discussion threads, and/or forum topics discussing any games or announcements featured during E3 2015 to the E3 2015 concept page.
- Forum topics discussing all of the major press conferences will be created by the moderators, please DO NOT create forum topics discussing aspects of the press conferences as a result.
- NEVER FORGET that the Giant Bomb Community Rules are enforced for any and all comments that you publish on the Giant Bomb Chat. This includes the E3 After Parties.
- Even if the contest is over, check out the E3 2015 Community Banner Contest! Some of the works from the Giant Bomb Community are truly astounding!
- Do NOT type "Hype" when the Hype Meter appears. You hit the up arrow on your keyboard in order to interact with the Hype Meter.
Clip(s) of the Week
The first video comes from Stephen Bryant on YouTube who decided to record a time-lapse video of him creating a sketch of a sombrero clad Ryan Davis. The second video comes from Dustin Reno and crosses Giant Bomb with Otis Day and the Knights in order to provide a video that encapsulates what Giant Bomb is all about... successfully, might I add!
The Giant Bomb Weekly Gallery
- This week we have an AWESOME animated .gif of Mary Kish's chicken fry shame from a few weeks back created by @amyggen. @aurahack is partying like it is 1992 and is still crazy about collectible cards. So check out his F-1 cards for Drew and Danny this week.. Finally if you ever make a Giant Bomb anime, delightful on Tumblr has advice on how the archetypes for the staff would work.
- The Elder Scrolls Online PS4 Community Guild - Join the Luchadeer Crusaders Guild NOW!
- The Elder Scrolls Xbox One Community Guild - Join the Guild Now!
Best of Blogs
- The Witcher 3 and Open World Storytelling (By: @thatthereitalian) - thatthereitalian explains why he thinks The Witcher 3 is a great example of how to do open world storytelling right.
- When you Press a Button, Something Disappointing has to Happen (By: @marokai) - Marokai recently played through Dragon Age: Origins a while back, and for posterity's sake has also given Dragon Age II a shot. Read why he thinks it is a game perpetually stuck in second gear.
- Violence as a Side Course(By: @mikelemmer) - MikeLemmer uses his latest blog to discuss why he's happy that games like Splatoon and Nom Nom Galaxy manage to convey action without violence.
- It’s Tuesday (Afternoon)! Time for … A First Impression! Nuclear Edition PT. 1! (By: @rhymesmcfist) - RhymesMcFist had a lot of role-playing based fun with the post apocalyptic game 60 Seconds! See how his attempts at survival went right here.
- Kombat, Fusion, Nidhogg, Old Habits, and E3 "Predicitons!" (By: @mooseymcman) - Trials Fusion, Nidhogg, Mortal Kombat X, and Destiny rounded out MooseyMcMan's week in gaming and you can check out how that went here!
- CEO 2015 (June 26-28, live from Orlando, Florida!) Preview PLUS More June Tournaments & Fighting Game News! (By: @flstyle) - Check out FLStyle's awesome event preview of CEO 2015, which includes a complete event itinerary, as well as all of latest FGC news on one convenient blog.
- The Executioner Soundly Wraps Up The Evil Within's DLC Trifecta (By: @yummylee) - Yummylee has been following the DLC for The Following since day one, and explains why The Executioner is a "sound" conclusion to the game that hopefully leads to some good from Tango Gameworks.
- Witcher 3: It's Time to d-d-d-d-duel (By: @n7) - N7 has been enjoying his time with The Witcher 3, but what has really taken him aback is how much he's been enjoying Gwent. Read all about why he's been having fun with this RPG card-based minigame, unlike many others.
- Records of a Lost Kingdom (By: @ford_dent) - Ford_Dent decided to have some role-playing styled adventures with a recent play through of Massive Chalice. Read all about how his Kingdom manage to last 127 years, and what managed to be his undoing here.
- The Top Things I Want in a PlayStation 4 Firmware Update (By: @dryvby) - As we get ready for the big console E3 press conference DryvBy will be paying attention to any announcements related to the PS4's firmware. He shares what he's hoping for on his latest blog.
- An Estival ST Festival: Fantasy World Dizzy (By: @mento) - Mento has completed his seven-day sojourn through the annals of Atari ST history to celebrate the platform's thirtieth birthday. All seven of these "brief jaunts" are accessible here. Be sure to suggest any he may have missed for a possible sequel feature!
- Kirby and Ratchet and Clank are Oddly Alike in Many Ways (By: @mocbucket62) - Now you may not think that Kirby and Ratchet and Clank have a lot in common with each other, but hear out MocBucket62 for a minute. As he points out in great detail these two franchises may just be long lost sisters.
- Fifteen Minutes of Game II (By: @bdhurkett) - bdhurkett is back with another showcase of games that he only played for fifteen minutes each. See which games made the best first impression here!
Join the Discussion
- Steam Summer Sale 2015 - June 11th - June 21st - Discussion Thread (By: @nightriff) - So how has the 2015 Steam Summer sale been treating your wallet? Share the sales that you think are the biggest "steals," as well as your thoughts on Steam's clicking game here!
- The Elder Scrolls Online Xbox One and PS4 Discussion Thread (By: @mustainium) - How have the next generation console ports of The Elder Scrolls Online been treating you? Discuss your online experiences and thoughts about the game in general right here!
- E3 Drive Waiting Room(By: @winternet) - Jeff's well known drives to Los Angeles will include Dan and Danny this year, so be prepared for off-topic conversations about food! Also here's the link to Jeff's Mixlr account.
- What Lesson Do you Wish Games Took From your Favorite Game? (By: @qnnplmr) - We all have our favorite games, but what aspects of your favorite game do you think that other games can learn from? Share the mechanic or gameplay aspect that comes to mind here!
- My Top Games of 2001 (By: @thesilentgod) - TheSilentGod had a real hard time creating a list of his favorite games from 2001, so check out what managed to grace his list and discuss what you think might be on yours.
- Games About Martial Arts In Pre-Giuliani New York City (By: @brodehouse) - Brodehouse decided to create a list that would make Giant Bomb East proud, that is to say that he created a list of martial arts games set in "pre-Giuliani" New York.
- E3 2015 - As already mentioned please locate all conversations that you have about E3 here during the event. Please locate any surprises or immediate reactions to press conference announcements/reveals on the specific conference threads that the moderators have created.
- The Elder Scrolls Online- The Elder Scrolls Online has been released on the Xbox One and PS4. Read all about what has changed and is in the game on our wiki page.
Useful User Reviews
- @jaypb08's review of Splatoon details why its a wonderful and necessary addition to anyone's Wii U collection.
- @arbitrarywater's review of Massive Chalice shares his disappointment with the game and why it should be, but isn't, a game he loves.
- @mitch0712's review of Massive Chalice discusses why he enjoyed the game's mix of XCOM with Game of Thrones.
- @veektarius extrapolates on why Massive Chalice was able to "scratch" the itch he has for a new XCOM in all the right ways.
- @solarco finally got around to playing Dragon Age: Inquisition and extrapolates upon why he thinks it is a solid return to form for the franchise.
- @nightriff shares how he had a real wacky, but fun ride with the PC version of D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
Log in to comment