The Community Spotlight - 06/14/2013 [E3 2013 Edition]

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Please Take the Time to Thank Everyone Involved in Making E3 2013 Special!
Please Take the Time to Thank Everyone Involved in Making E3 2013 Special!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! As this week concludes E3 comes to and end and everyone can go back to living a life filled with mundane surprises instead of groundbreaking industry changing ones. However, let's give a hand to everyone involved in production and direction of all of the videos that entertain us this year! Especially after the theft of all of the staff's video equipment it was a significant undertaking to bring you the video entertainment we all enjoyed for this year. On that note special thanks to Danny O'Dwyer and GameSpot for providing Giant Bomb with their spare video kits, and Drew and Vinny for recording and processing hours of entertainment at the cost of their sanity. If case you have time to kill someone has posted Jeff's 6 hour plus recording of his drive to Los Angeles for E3 on YouTube. For those asking you will most likely have to go to Twitch.tv to view the video versions of the E3 Livestreams as an on site archive is unlikely, although the audio versions will be hosted on the site as podcasts. Patrick's Interview Dumptrunk has broken the top ten on iTune's podcast list, although a website named "GamingBlend seems to think that Patrick looks like Shia LaBeouf. Finlly here are the winning banners for our E3 Banner Contest:

Clip of the Week

This one is over a week old but I just recently came across it. Give it a check if you want some Giant Bomb x Anime madness.

E3 Stuff Still Worth Looking Over

Community Activities

• Giant Bomb Guild Wars 2 Guild Lincoln Force 50/50 Raffle - Help the Guild Raise Money Over Here!
  • The Animal Crossing New Leaf QR Code Thread - What Having you Been Doing with the Sables Sisters? Post Your Design Codes Here!
  • The Last of Us Private Online Matchmaking Thread - Join Fellow GB Users in Playing The Last of Us Online Here!
  • The Giant Bomb Uncharted 3 Hub - Read About the Recent Activities and Updates to the Hub Here!

Wonderful Wikis

Yeah I have a lot of wikis from games that were announced or showcased during E3. Check out the surprisingly detailed wiki pages for all of the consoles and video games that are not even out yet!

Best of Blogs

Hey there are a lot of blogs about people's different interpretations of the console and game announcements during E3 2013. You should read them all because they are all rational and reasonable takes on the future of gaming. See Giant Bomb chat, it is possible. Other non-E3 related blogs come from Video_Game_King who is playing obscure Japanese games as usual. HS21 wants you to help him in turning the always smiling Brad Muir into a meme, and Jan wants you to marvel at his ability to make Halo Spartans dance. Mento has started playing Vampire: The Masquerade and ComradeCrash has been playing State of Decay. Finally TwoLines discusses why Chrono Cross is a baffling masterpiece and Alaska_Gamer talks about Double Dragon Neon and Demon's Souls.

Fantastic Forums

The Last of Us is out and the community is a buzz about the game! Talk about what you like and dislike about the game in the respective forum topics. Are you in the mood for something more calming? If you have Animal Crossing New Leaf talk about your town on the discussion thread.

Lovable Lists

E3 2013...I have two lists from the community that had actual text to them and they are from Mento and Jensonb. Following them are Euricaeris with a list of his twenty favorite DS games, and TechHits who has a list of his five favorite Mega Man games.

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Other E3 Image Nonsense

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By fobwashed
No Caption Provided

My contribution to this week's madness =)

Thanks for the highlights!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Other non-E3 related blogs come from Video_Game_King who is playing obscure Japanese games as usual.

Camelot must be so disappointed by this description. (I have to imagine Atlus is just plain proud.)

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rincewind

Thanks for the list

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

A NICHIJOU/GIANT BOMB MIX?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for the 6 hours of Gerstmann. I shall drink and listen to him talk for 6 hours and wonder what the hell I am doing with my life.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

And thanks for the 6 hours of Gerstmann. I shall drink and listen to him talk for 6 hours and wonder what the hell I am doing with my life.

Well...I just finished it and I have to say that Jeff's rant about how terrible Sirius FM and radio DJ are was hilarious. Mostly because all of the DJs in the Bay Area are the worst thing ever.

Three stars out of five.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@jiggajoe14 said:

Well...I just finished it and I have to say that Jeff's rant about how terrible Sirius FM and radio DJ are was hilarious. Mostly because all of the DJs in the Bay Area are the worst thing ever.

Three stars out of five.

I don't know which one I enjoy more: hearing Jeff complain about not being able to relieve himself or the sound of Patrick relieving himself in his e3 diary.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Game_King
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZombiePie  Staff
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

New-old notifications!!.

Um... Hi. 'Nice room you got here. Almost-black. Nice..

Edit: And,. now they're gone.. So.. bricks are nice..

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Congrats everyone! It's been a long time since I got on Giant Bomb. Anime Vice's wiki and various projects along with Screened's Star Trek project plus summer school leaves me no time to do some wiki work for GB.

I heard so much stuff on E3 on Twitter. I missed the XBox and Nintendo one, but I seen half of Sony's presentation.

Oh ZombiePie, I heard there were talks about implementing wiki style in Giant Bomb unless I'm wrong. I don't want to be out of the loop. Can you please notify me when there is a wiki style? I would be glad to change my format on the Fire Emblem character pages to fit the needs of Giant Bomb community. Maybe, it would help future wiki editors.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12 Mento  Moderator

@video_game_king: You know, we often see Mitsuru dressed up like that and yet we never see her horse. I wonder what happened to it?

As for me, just the usual monthly commission work (though I don't really like to call it work) and a list of end boss music. The heat's sapping my will to do anything more involved right now. Next week will be different! I hope!

In other thread news, people might want to keep tabs (or a tab open, as the case may be) on the GOG sale thread. Because today is GOG's enormous Solstice sale - during which every daily sale happens simultaneously - a link would be timely.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZombiePie  Staff

New-old notifications!!.

You mean "new-new notifications!" Yeah when the engineers were testing the new notification button someone hit a revert button and brought back the old system for a bit.

Oh ZombiePie, I heard there were talks about implementing wiki style in Giant Bomb unless I'm wrong. I don't want to be out of the loop. Can you please notify me when there is a wiki style? I would be glad to change my format on the Fire Emblem character pages to fit the needs of Giant Bomb community. Maybe, it would help future wiki editors.

There are talks of updating the Style Guide and creating new Wiki Editing Guide/How to videos. There is no timeline as to when this will happen.

@mento said:

As for me, just the usual monthly commission work (though I don't really like to call it work) and a list of end boss music. The heat's sapping my will to do anything more involved right now. Next week will be different! I hope!

You mean to say that the redesigned list system doesn't sound enticing?

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@zombiepie: You know.. Those e-mail notifications, are pretty nifty!

Worth a Friday beer! :)

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#15  Edited By Mento  Moderator

@zombiepie: They changed the lists? Well, it still doesn't let you embed links in the individual entries (though my solution to get around that was probably a lot more convenient) and it still crashes if you remove an item and and add another without saving first.

/Edit: Sounds like the only big difference is you can't make ordered lists with over 100 items any more. So yeah, I'm really jazzed to make new lists.

(D'aw, I'm just being a jerk. Any engineer attention being given to the lists is good news.)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Check out the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight over here!