The Community Spotlight - 07/07/2018

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
This Spotlight is all about UNLIMITED ANIME!
This Spotlight is all about UNLIMITED ANIME!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host. The weather is certainly getting hotter and the only thing we have to help us is anime. That's right, if you do not like anime, this is not the Spotlight for you. Between Jeff and Dan appearing on an anime panel to multiple blogs about Pokémon, there's a good amount of anime in this Spotlight. With that in mind, let's jump into the site related housekeeping.

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER- Dragonbomb: Evolution (By: @kone)

Giant Bomb user kone photoshopped Jeff to the Dragonball: Evolution movie poster. Sorry, not sorry, if this work of "art" ends up haunting your dreams!

Clips Of The Week

Every Time They Say "Anime" At The Giant Bomb X Crunchyroll AX Panel (By: @jeremym)

Here's every time Jeff, Dan, Victoria, and a couple audience members said "anime" during the Giant Bomb X Crunchyroll AX 2018 panel!

Rhythm of Giant Bomb (By: Know This)

Did you ever want to watch a compilation video of Giant Bomb staff acting like goofballs while listening to Corona's "Rhythm of the Night?" Well, here you go!

Tweets Of The Week

Author's Note: For those of you not "in the know" on why Jeff and Dan have been photoshopped into various anime, site engineer Dan Tweeted this on Thursday and the internet just ran with it. If you enjoy what I selected for this edition of the Spotlight, click the link to Dan Auer's original Tweet and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Community Activities

Anyone want to play a fighting game after CEO 2018? Well, here you go!
Anyone want to play a fighting game after CEO 2018? Well, here you go!

Any Community Members Playing BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? (By: @chemystery)

Are any of you playing BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle? If so, here's a link to our community thread for the game in case you wanted to play the game with fellow users.

Hunt: Showdown Online Hookup Thread (By: @buttmonk3y)

Some users picked up Hunt: Showdown during the Steam Summer sale and are looking to play the online modes with other Giant bomb users. If that sounds interesting to you, check out the link above.

Best Of Blogs

A little summertime nostalgia goes a long way!
A little summertime nostalgia goes a long way!

My Problem With The Pokemon Formula (By: @devise22)

devise22 wants to like Pokémon games more than they do. Read what shortcomings always end up holding back his enjoyment.

Shiny Hunting in Pokemon Is Tedious, But I Enjoy It Anyway(By: @generic_username)

Speaking of Pokémon, generic_username is one of those "Poké Maniacs" who goes out of their way to hunt for shiny Pokémon. Read why they do it on their latest blog.

The 2018 World Cup Deserves Better Than EA Sports (By: @sam_lfcfan)

How does AC2 rank by 2018's standards? Give TheMist997's blog a read if you want to know!
How does AC2 rank by 2018's standards? Give TheMist997's blog a read if you want to know!

Sam_lfcfan loves the FIFA World Cup but writes why they think the event deserves better video games than what EA contributes every four years.

Ranking of Assassin's Creed Part 2: Assassin's Creed 2 & My Top Five Anticipated Releases of July 2018 (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 continues their "scientific" ranking of the Assassin's Creed franchise with a deep examination of Assassin's Creed II. See how Ezio's first outing fares against hard science. Additionally, There are five games TheMist997 can't wait to play this month. See why they cannot wait to play Octopath Traveler and Pool Panicthis month.

World War 2 Fatigue? (By: @aiomon)

aiomon questions if the influx of games set during World War II is due for another industry crash like last time. Check out their thoughts and share your own.

The biggest video game asshole of 2018? I think so!
The biggest video game asshole of 2018? I think so!

Switch City, Vol. 1: Introduction and Picross S (By: @jeremyf)

JeremyF finally bought a Nintendo Switch and shares why they deliberately had Picross S function as their introduction to the platform.

CPT Ranking Update (07/03/18) (By: @mago)

Inspired by the recent events of CEO 2018, Giant Bomb user Mago updated the CPT Global Leaderboard with passing observations included.

I Hate Umi-bozu From Nioh: Tale Of A Game-Stopping Boss (By: @dogbox)

Giant Bomb user dogbox blogs, in excruciating detail mind you, why Umi-Bozu from Nioh is the worst boss in the game. Don't deny it. THE. WORST.

Saturday Summaries 2018-07-07: Eternal Switch Edition (By: @mento)

Mento talks about the Nintendo Switch as an "eternal" platform, riding in cabs with Kazuma Kiryu, taking in some more Sega Mega Drive history, movie sequels that hate movie sequels, and - because it's the theme this week - checking out the anime visual novel Fault Milestone One.

Join The Discussion

Where does one start if they wish to have their first JRPG experience.
Where does one start if they wish to have their first JRPG experience.

Will Sony Allow Console Cross Play This Gen? What Can We Do To Force Their Hand? (By: @liquiddragon)

Will we see Sony support/allow cross play before the end of this generation? That's the topic of this community poll and discussion thread! Here are the results thus far.

In The Past Year, How Many Games With Gold/PS+ Free Games Have You Played To Completion? (By: @driveuplife)

In the past year, how many Games with Gold/PS+ free games have you played to completion? How many of the free games from either service have you played for more than four hours?

Good RPGs To Learn Basics (By: @thebalch)

Giant Bomb user thebalch has avoided RPGs, and in particular JRPGs, for much of their life and doesn't know how to best learn "the basics" of the genre. Help them out!

Sounds like only 11% of the community enjoys
Sounds like only 11% of the community enjoys "fun."

What Do You Think About Funko Figures? (By: @liquiddragon)

Last week, everyone threw a fit over the amount of promoted user-created Funko artwork. So, let's settle this with a poll! Vote where you stand regarding Funko Pops!

Anyone Else Here Going To Go Through The Original Resident Evil 2 Before The Remake? (By: @ntm)

The Resident Evil 2 remakes seems to have impressed the E3 judges this year as it swept several awards. Did that impress you enough to play the original?

Does Celeste deserve to be in the same camp as God of War? Many users say
Does Celeste deserve to be in the same camp as God of War? Many users say "yes."

What Is Your 1st Half 2018 Game Of The Year? (By: @spatta04)

2018 is halfway done, so what do you think are your current 2018 GOTY front-runners? God of War and Celeste appear to be current community favorites but share your picks over here.

Lovable Lists

I still have my fingers crossed for a U.S. Presidents fighting game.
I still have my fingers crossed for a U.S. Presidents fighting game.

10 Nintendo Character That Should Be In Smash Before Waluigi (By: @bartok)

bartok lists the ten Nintendo characters they think deserve to appear in Smash before Waluigi. Judging by their reasons, the salt is strong in this list.

No Escape, You Have Only Two Choices. (Zero Escape Series Review) (By: @riostarwind)

Moderator RioStarwind finally got around to playing every game in the Zero Escape franchise. With this list they ranked each game from best to worst.

Tingle > Waluigi. FIGHT ME!
Tingle > Waluigi. FIGHT ME!

Best Games of 1996 (By: @guip1408)

guip1408 rates what they consider the "Best Games of 1996" on their latest list. Check it out and see which games made the cut.

Useful User Reviews

If you have never played LISA, you are in for a treat.
If you have never played LISA, you are in for a treat.
  • @meestero finally got around to playing LISA after leaving it in their collection untouched for three years. Read why they regret not getting around to it sooner.
  • @pistolpackinpoet's Celeste review details how it wonderfully provides a rewarding challenge while telling a story of a character overcoming her personal obstacles.
  • @megabite10164 played the Switch port of Pocket Rumble and reviews why it's great value for any Switch owner.
  • @moonlightmoth's Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire review extrapolates why it is a highly rewarding role-playing game not for the faint of heart.
Avatar image for thegoodbishonen
TheGoodBishonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

That is a damn good photoshop of Jeff, even if it is a little unnerving...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Ginyu Force mash-up is *kisses fingertips*

darkcaedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That dragonball evolution poster is really good.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Jeff and Dan at the anime convention is the gift that keeps on giving.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Giant Bomb has turned full anime....and I love it. Also, thanks for the mention.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If you had told me a year ago that Jeff and Dan would be on a panel at Anime Expo, I would've laughed you out of the room. And yet, here we are.

JonDo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonDo

"if you have never played LISA, you are in for a treat" might be unintentionally misinforming

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fucking lost it with the Exodia.

watsons92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white: Same here crazy to see Exodia referenced at all, it's been a while.

DurMan667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DurMan667
No Caption Provided

I posted these on the GB Reddit and figured they should be here too. Enjoy~

No Caption Provided
forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By forteexe21

Not enough AMVs.

aiomon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This community is very good.

bWo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Jeff/Dan anime stuff is terrifying, but in a wonderful way. Kudos to all and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

kone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for featuring my art (or whatever it should be classified as).

StudioMaslar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beautiful

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

youruglyclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@durman667: I rarely post here...but you've earned this ::golfclap into standing ovation::

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Some amazing stuff this week, thank you!