Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
How far we have come....
How far we have come....

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week. Ten years. It's been ten years since the full launch of Giant Bomb. It's crazy to think Giant Bomb is actually older than members of my family, but it is. Now, I'll spare you the usual rigmarole about good times and bad times on Giant Bomb. Instead, I just want to thank every staff member, designer, engineer, moderator, and user who made the past ten years of Giant Bomb possible. I want to thank the users who are still actively sharing their works of art and writing, and those that may no longer be active or with us anymore. Ten years is a long amount of time to wrap your mind around, but hopefully we can all come together and enjoy another ten! With that in mind, let's review the site housekeeping this week.

10th Anniversary Thanks/Congratulations Around the Web

Community Activities

Giant ROM 5 - The Giant Bomb Game Jam V (By: @zandravandra)

Hey everyone, I know I never place the "Community Activities" at the start of the Spotlight, but I just want you to be aware, IT'S TIME TO JAM! Giant ROM 5, the Giant Bomb community game jam, returns in two weeks! Click the link and learn how you can join the fun!

Image provided by: Satellite9
Image provided by: Satellite9

Alliance/Horde Community Link (By: @rorie)

Our very own Mr. Rorie wants YOU to join the Giant Bomb community World of Warcraft Alliance/Horde groups as they get through Battle for Azeroth! Learn how to join the fun.

Giant Bomb Galleria

BANNER - C64 "I'm A Wizard" (By: @buzz_clik)

Inspired by Giant Bomb's anniversary, buzz_clik combined one of his favorite Giant Bomb moments with his love for the Commodore 64.

So many classic Giant Bomb moments to talk about, so little time!
So many classic Giant Bomb moments to talk about, so little time!

Clips Of The Week

GB FGC Discord SFV AE S3 Weekly Tournament Final Week: Top 8 Finalists (By: PS_Vam)

As the Giant Bomb Street Fighter V FGC wraps up its third season of weekly events, here's a video promoting their top eight finalists.

Tweets Of The Week

Best Of Blogs

Because anime adaptations of video games have such a great track record.
Because anime adaptations of video games have such a great track record.

Low-Fi Plays: Reviews of Six Random Indie Games& Apocrypha: An Analysis of Halo Legends (with ZombiePie) (By: @gamer_152)

This week moderator Gamer_152 wrote about six ultra short and ultra raw indie games you might not have played before. Give it a read and see which games they recommend you check out. Also, Gamer_152 and I watched the Halo Legends anime. It's awful. It's honestly one of the worst anime I have ever seen.

When The Moon Hits Your Eye Like A Big Pizza Pie, That's A Mooncrash (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan wrote an exhaustive examination of Prey's DLC, Mooncrash, and articulates why it is deserving of the hype it has received by most main-stream gaming circles.

NamCompendium 10: Ms. Pac-Man, Pt. 1 (By: @jeffrud)

Did you ever want to learn about the long and storied history of the home ports of Ms. Pac-Man? Well, jeffrud has the blog for you! Seriously, give this exhaustive write-up a read, Keep in mind this is just the Atari stuff, and even then we've already got six companies in play.

Who would have thought Ms. Pac-Man had such a crazy console history.
Who would have thought Ms. Pac-Man had such a crazy console history.

Ranking of Assassin's Creed Part 4: Assassin's Creed Revelations (By: @themist997)

TheMist997 Ranking of Assassin's Creed blog series continues with Assassin's Creed Revelations! Read why they think it ranks the lowest of the Ezio-era games and lower than Assassin's Creed's first offering.

Koei Tecmo Immersing PSVR Players With VR Sense (By: @darkbeatdk)

DarkbeatDK wrote a quick blog about Koei Tecmo's recent investments in virtual reality. Give it a read and watch videos about their VR Sense project, and if this project bodes well for the company's future.

Switch City, Vol. 2: Super Mario Odyssey& Switch City, Vol. 3: Yoku's Island Express (By: @jeremyf)

JeremyF continues their exploration of the Nintendo Switch with a blog about Super Mario Odyssey. Read why they enjoyed the game but felt collecting moons hampered their overall impressions. JeremyF continues their romp through the Nintendo Switch's game library with Yoku's Island Express! Read how it avoids the usually issues with the Troidlike genre.

The Keyblade Chronicles: Final Mix (By: @danielkempster)

danielkempster is starting a new blog series titled "The Keyblade Chronicles!" Starting soon, he'll be playing the Kingdom Hearts series until it burns him out! This isn't bound to backfire at all!

Saturday Summaries 2018-07-21: Decennial Anniversary Edition (By: @mento)

Mento ruminates on ten years of Giant Bomb by highlighting ten games that the site pointed them towards, or otherwise enhanced their enjoyment thereof. They also talk more about Yakuza 5, gives their impressions of Halcyon 6, and delves into Sega Genesis history with another "Mega Archive" rundown.

Join The Discussion

How has Octopath Traveler been treating you? Join our discussion.
How has Octopath Traveler been treating you? Join our discussion.

10th Anniversary Content Discussion Thread (By: @htr10)

Giant Bomb's 10th Anniversary portal is live! What videos contain your favorite Giant Bomb memories? Are there any missing videos you'd like to see get added? Join the discussion and reminisce with the community!

Octopath Traveler Discussion Thread (By: @turambar)

Calling all Octopath Traveler players! What are your impressions of the classically-styled Switch role-playing game? Is it a return to form for Square Enix you hope they continue to replicate?

Uncharted Fan Film (ft. Nathan Fillion and Stephen Lang) (By: @oodli)

What are YOUR IMPRESSION of the Nathan Fillion and Stephen Lang Uncharted fan film going around the internet? Should a Hollywood executive greenlight the project?

Will No Man's Sky deliver on its initial promise?
Will No Man's Sky deliver on its initial promise?

No Man's Sky NEXT Trailer Discussion Thread (By: @vincentvendetta)

The Giant Bomb community is practically BUZZING about the No Man's Sky NEXT trailer! How do you feel about the trailer? Share your impressions and hopes for the future of No Man's Sky.

What Generation Gamer Are You? (By: @slaps2)

What console generation introduced you to video games? Did you start during the heydays of the Atari 2600, or was the console newcomer Xbox your first? Share your initial foray into the video gaming hobby over here.

What's Your Favorite Special/Limited Edition Console?(By: @liquiddragon)

Have you ever purchased a special or limited edition console or handheld? Are there any limited edition gaming platforms you wished you own? Which ones have had the best designs?

I have a weakness for limited edition handhelds.
I have a weakness for limited edition handhelds.

A Modest Proposal. Change "Game Of The Year" To "Games Of The Year" (By: @bladededge)

Here's an interesting question. With attitudes changing about game reviews and total news coverage of the industry, why has "Game of the Year" coverage remained the same? Why does every gaming website need to crown a GOTY in a list of ten?

Lovable Lists

Does Neverhood warrant being in the discussion of
Does Neverhood warrant being in the discussion of "Best Styyyyyyyyle" discussion? BeachThunder sure does!

25 Years of Best Styyyyyyyyle (1993 - 2017) (By: @beachthunder)

BeachThunder uses their latest list to run down the games with the best Styyyyyyyyle from 1993 to 2017! See which games they think visually stand out the past twenty-five years.

Ranking Every NES Game From 1986 (By: @rekcut)

Rekcut challenged themselves to look back at the games that came out for the NES in 1986 and rank them from best to worst. Using only the most scientific assessment tools, they were able to do it!

Useful User Reviews

Wonderful Wikis

What a murderous but fun time.
What a murderous but fun time.

Guts and Glory

It provided plenty of laughs during the 7/20/2018 UPF, but you might be surprised by how detailed our wiki page is for the survival racing game, Guts and Glory!

Avatar image for thegoodbishonen
TheGoodBishonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I still really need to pre-order one of those shirts.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yo Rock Band 2! So good.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I still miss the "clean" format of the OG long form blog.

I can trace my first day on GB back to whenever Jeff posted his review of Burnout Paradise, thanks for the decade and here is hoping this crazy ride never stops.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By development
Genessee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@hassun said:
Loading Video...

Brad: Still Drunk And Giving The Thumbs Up On The Ratty Old Couch, Ten Years Later

onkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Almost every time I come here for the thumbnail, but it's never shown in full view.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#8 Marino  Staff

@onkel said:

Almost every time I come here for the thumbnail, but it's never shown in full view.

Typically I use one of the user-created things from the week. I usually try to use something that's not the banner so that more people get highlighted in different ways.

This week, being the 10th anniversary, I decided to pull quite possibly the oldest photoshop on the site, which you can see here. There's no "big" version of it.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

10 years... what a season

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino Thank you for reminding me of that. XD

Man has it already been 10 years? Time flies when your having fun as they say. Here's to many more anniversary milestones to come. Cheers Giant Bomb!