Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
I don't understand what a
I don't understand what a "challenge coin" is! HELP!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host this week. With fall right around the corner, the industry heavy-hitters are just as close. Many sports fans are happily playing Madden NFL 19 with plenty of others returning to World of Warcraft. I refuse to believe anything related to Shenmue is coming out soon, but the internet seems convinced Shenmue I & II is a real thing that will be available for public consumption. I don't buy it. Nonetheless, let's address the two bits of housekeeping I have this week.

Giant Bomb Galleria

Giant Bomb's Men Of Science (By: @AndrewGeorger)

AndrewGeorger watched last week's Ranking of Fighters and couldn't help but think what Giant Bomb's forefront scientists would look like as actual men of science.

Giant Bomb's men of science are future Nobel Prize winners. MARK MY WORDS!
Giant Bomb's men of science are future Nobel Prize winners. MARK MY WORDS!

Breaking Brad Sketch (By: @HarutGaladzhyan)

Over on Twitter, HarutGaladzhyan was inspired by the current edition of Breaking Brad to whip up this work of art.

No Caption Provided

Giant Bomb Silhouette Head Posters (By: @oddparticle)

Odd_Particle created the awesome silhouetted head posters seen during the latest mailbag.

No Caption Provided

Clips Of The Week

Every Time They Murder a Kerbal and Yell "VINNY!" in Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T (By: @jeremym)

You can always count on JeremyM to make a great Giant Bomb compilation video and this one is no different. This time, he compiled every time Vinny murders a Kerbal AND every time Alex & Austin yell "VINNY!!" in Project B.E.A.S.T!

Giant Bomb Episode 1: The Dantom Menace (By: Ucantalas)

Did you ever want to watch Giant Bomb East's attempts to pilot the X-Wing in Besiege set to John Williams' "Duel of the Fates?" Well, here you go!

Community Activities

Giant Bomb Community NFL Fantasy Football (By: @cotsygero)

If you are interested in playing Fantasy Football with the Giant Bomb Community, here's a link to our community league.

Are you ready for some pigskin kicking action?
Are you ready for some pigskin kicking action?

Tweets Of The Week

Best Of Blogs

MajorMitch's blog uses Hollow Knight to discuss
MajorMitch's blog uses Hollow Knight to discuss "myths" surrounding difficulty.

What's Goin' Down: My Most Anticipated Games (By: @jeremyf)

JeremyF lists the games he cannot wait to play the next four months! Read why he thinks this might be one of the best winters for gaming in a while.

The 2018 Playlist: Episode 8: Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) (By: @boodoug187)

BooDoug187 played Rise of the Tomb Raider and its DLC! Check out their latest blog to see if they can recommend the "Special Edition" to newcomers and/or veterans.

The Myth Of Difficulty (By: @majormitch)

MajorMitch uses their feelings about Hollow Knight as a case study on why "difficulty" should not be treated as a universal positive attribute in video games.

Spending a Summer playing Red Faction: Guerrilla sounds like a fun time.
Spending a Summer playing Red Faction: Guerrilla sounds like a fun time.

PAX Guide 2018: West Edition (By: @marino)

Are you going to PAX West 2018 and wondering which panels to attend? Are any of you confused what you should bring or do? Have no fear, Marino is back with another PAX Guide to help out newcomers to the event.

Summer Fun with Robits, Part Deux (Red Faction: Guerrilla ReMarstered) (By: @notnert427)

notnert427 spent most of their summer playing the HD Remaster for Red Faction: Guerrilla and laying waste to buildings to and fro, and you can read why they don't regret a single minute.

CPT Update 08/13/18 (By: @mago)

Giant Bomb user Mago is back with an updated ranking for the Capcom Pro Tour! Give it a read if you still can't stop thinking about EVO, and stay up to date with the FGC.

Is Cyberpunk a
Is Cyberpunk a "flawed" genre? Give Gamer_152's blog a read to find out.

Slow Night: An Analysis of VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (By: @gamer_152)

Moderator Gamer_152 played VA-11 HALL-A and writes why the game is a heartfelt but flawed attempt to address the societal issues posed by the cyberpunk genre.

The Keyblade Chronicles - Episode Three (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Parts 10-13)& The Keyblade Chronicles - Episode Four (Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Parts 14-17)(By: @danielkempster)

danielkempster's first Kingdom Hearts blog details their journey through the Tarzan world and winning the Phil Cup. The second blog provides an extended look at the Lion King and Pinocchio levels.

My Thoughts on the Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Beta (PC) & BlackRedGaming's 100 Blog Special (By: @blackredgaming)

Oh Kingdom Hearts, when will you not be a mess?
Oh Kingdom Hearts, when will you not be a mess?

BlackRedGaming shares their initial impressions of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4beta and wonders how the multiplayer focused game will be received. They also celebrate their 100th blog on Giant Bomb.

Saturday Summaries 2018-08-18: Evergame Edition (By: @mento)

Mento's weekly periodical takes on the appeal of games that have no formal end state, LEGO City Undercover for Wii U, a bunch of Genesis games that came out on December 1990, and the brutal Brad (almost) breaker Volgarr the Viking.

Join The Discussion

Is our Sonic debate settled?
Is our Sonic debate settled?

Intel Is Hopping Into The Video Card Market (By: @rorie)

What's your response to the announcement that Intel will be entering the video card market? The responses from the community thus far has been "anemic" at best.

Sonic Is Actually A Porcupine, Right? (By: @gkhan)

We currently have a discussion thread debating if Sonic the Hedgehog is ACTUALLY a porcupine and NOT a hedgehog. The evidence provided in the thread is incontrovertible.

The Walking Dead - The Final Season Episode One Discussion Thread (By: @milkman)

Have any of you checked out episode one of The Walking Dead - The Final Season? Most users that have seem to be positive about the episode. If you have impressions worth sharing, feel free to post them using the link above.

Are people finally feeling positive about Black Ops 4?
Are people finally feeling positive about Black Ops 4?

Diablo III On Switch Discussion Thread (By: @nicksmi56)

Do any of you plan on picking up Diablo III on the Switch? How would you implement the Switch's controller or online features? Throw in your two pennies in our discussion thread.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Impressions Sharing Thread (By: @giant_gamer)

What are your impressions of the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 beta? How do you feel about the health system? Whether they are positive or negative, share your thoughts over here.

Destiny 2: Forsaken DLC Info Thread (Updated 8/17/18) (By: @hestilllives19)

Some recent news has been announced for Destiny 2's Forsaken DLC, and our official thread for the expansion has been updated. Check it out to read everything revealed and announced for the DLC.

Warframe is getting a new feature!
Warframe is getting a new feature!

My Only Gripe With Dead Cells, The Music (By: @haneybd87)

Some users seem to be pushing back on Dead Cells's original soundtrack with a handful expressing outright hate. Where do you stand regarding Dead Cells's OST?

PC - Giant Bomb Alliance (Update: August 16, 2018) - Frame Fighters Join the Battle (By: @rapid)

The Giant Bomb PC Alliance welcomes all Warframe players to share their impressions of the recently announced "Frame Fighters" addition/expansion.

Lovable Lists

I forgot they made a 360/PS3 Splatterhouse game with characters voiced by Jim Cummings.
I forgot they made a 360/PS3 Splatterhouse game with characters voiced by Jim Cummings.

My Top 30 (+22) Games of the 6th Generation (By: @l33t_haxor)

L33T_HAXOR uses their latest list to show how the 6th generation was both revolutionary and one of the industry's strongest outings.

"Woah, Remember When THAT Game Existed?" (By: @saturdaynightspecials)

Have you ever asked yourself "Woah, that was a real game?" User SaturdayNightSpecials annotates games where they have asked that very question.

Wonderful Wikis

Things
Things "happen" at PAX West.

PAX West 2018

It's PAX season, which means Marino once again made sure all 67 games (and their developers) for the upcoming IndieMEGABOOTH were in our database. Don't let his hard work be in vain and go check it out.

Useful User Reviews

• @bhlaab uses their review to detail why Tales of Berseria's gameplay missteps can be forgiven because of its diverse cast and interesting story.
  • @valorianendymion's review of Stranger of Sword City articulates why it's an unfortunate forgotten gem you should check out if you want a quality made dungeon crawler RPG.
TheOliveG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Awesome (and weird) to see something I drew on here!

fantasticasm89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Rorie said it at the end of UPF.

My uncle actually sells lots of challenge coins, they're originally from USM in WW2 but are very popular among law enforcement associations and agencies.

If you pull one out at a bar and someone doesn't have theirs, drinks are on them, but if they do, drinks are on you!

Avatar image for bicycle_repairman
Bicycle_Repairman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those posters are awesome!

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Moderp

I really dig that ranking of fighters drawing.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Has that mailbag video been removed? I can’t find it.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#6 Marino  Staff

@mostman: The sound on it was very low, so I think someone is attempting to fix it.

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

Hey, I made it! Thanks for adding my stuff!

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This makes me happy

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thanks for the highlight @zombiepie

If anyone is curious what Frame Fighter plays like a couple of us in GB Clan just unlocked it and were messing around in it.

Loading Video...

It's not the most fully featured or polished fighting game but for a fan inspired passion side-project it's alright. For something created because of fan tweet it is alright

nocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take a look at that Giant Bomb East poster. Those proportions are correct.

kippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the new mail bag? I can't find it anywhere on the front page.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I don't understand what you mean by "if" they were "real" men of science.

Ranking of Fighters is the REALEST science.

Rubberchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nocam said:

Take a look at that Giant Bomb East poster. Those proportions are correct.

Love to prove that, wouldn't ya? Get your name into the National Geographic.

@kippers said:

Where is the new mail bag? I can't find it anywhere on the front page.

Seems to be gone, couldn't find it either.

garwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't tell what Jason is supposed to be doing with his mouth in that Ranking Of Fighters fanart, but it's a freaking awesome piece regardless!

simonk83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By simonk83

Hah, nice

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garwalk: blowing a raspberry I think, as he does a lot when he flubs a move and/or something dumb happens in the game.

garwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers