Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host as always. Apologies for this Spotlight airing behind schedule, but the good news is that the NFL season has officially started! Yeah to sports! Anyways, as the doldrums of the "summer game drought" come to an end as big releases start to sneak up on us, there are a few site announcements worth sharing this week:
- The limit for regular threads and blog titles is now 120 characters! Polls are now capped at 128 characters!
- Are you getting a 403 error when trying to use the Giant Bomb RSS feed for podcast apps? Comment here for help!
Clip of the Week
- @gruebacca is making a Giant Bomb themed level in LittleBigPlanet, and has a trailer of how his progress is coming along! Learn more about the level set in the "Best of Blogs," section.
- @theburlaplemur has created another episode of his Bitesize Bomb video series. For those that don't know the Bitesize Bomb video series seeks to locate the funniest moments of EVERY Quick Look on Giant Bomb, and this episode recounts the insanity of the Game Room Quick Looks.
The Giant Bomb Galleria
- BANNER Metal Gear Scanlon V Poster (By: @graboids) - graboids is so excited for Metal Gear Scanlon V that he went ahead and made this AWESOME poster out of anticipation!
- Giant Beastcast Poster (By: Moon Doggo) - Moon Doggo on Tumblr has created this GREAT poster featuring the Giant Beastcast staff
- The rest of the artwork came from the "Official Giant Bomb Subreddit Banner Contest."
- Super Mario Maker Maker Showcase Thread - If YOU have any AWESOME levels that you have made in Super Mario Maker, feel free to share them over here!
- Giant Bomb Forza Race Night: Thursdays, 9:30 PM ET - Join a Community Tradition That has Been Going on for Six Years Strong!
Best of Blogs
- I'm Making a Giantbomb LittleBigPlanet Level Set & LittleBigPlanet and the Joy of Limitations(By: @gruebacca) - Gruebacca is committed to making an AWESOME Giant Bomb themed level set in LittleBigPlanet, and you can see how his progress is going along on his blog. Gruebacca also discussed why he thinks the limitations to LittleBigPlanet's design and scope lead to the game's best moments.
- By the Numbers: 666 Reviews (By: @marino) - Marino is back with stats and charts that would even impress Nate Silver. With the 666th staff review published on Giant Bomb, Marino crunches all of the numbers that you could ever imagine related to them on his latest blog.
- Parting Thoughts on Far Cry 4 (By: @darth_navster) - Now that he has completed the story Darth_Navster shares his final "parting thoughts" regarding Far Cry 4 on his blog.
- Fifteen Minutes of GAME: September (By: @bdhurkett) - bdhurkett has another batch of game impressions based solely on the first fifteen minutes that he played of them right here.
- ST-urday #012: Kid Gloves & Wiki Project: Super '94 Q4 (By: @mento) Moderator Mento continues his slow descent into madness as he continues his retrospective of the Atari-ST with a detailed look at Kid Gloves. Mento also has some big plans for the Giant Bomb wiki regarding games released during the fourth quarter of '94
- Ten Ways to Improve upon Super Mario Maker (By: @morecowbell24) - morecowbell24 has a few nitpicks related to Super Mario Maker, and how fixing them would have greatly improved his overall experience with the game.
- A Reasonable Half-step Towards Making Zombi(U)s Feel Threatening Again (By: @yummylee) - Zombi(U) was only a few tweaks away from being a game that Yummylee would have love. He shares what they are here.
- ThatPinguino's Magic Lessons: Why the Man-Lands and Slow - Lands are so Good (By: @thatpinguino) - Battle for Zendikar is almost here for Magic the Gathering fans! Join thatpinguino in discussing the ins and outs of man-lands on this blog.
- Metal Gear Conspiracy - Part 1 (SPOILERS) (By: @darson) - Darson shares his "conspiracy" related to The Phantom Pain, and welcomes you to join him in sharing yours as well.
- Weekly Wiki Update - Sunday, Sept. 6th 2015 (By: @bobafettjm) - bobafettjm has been up to awesome stuff on the Giant Bomb wiki! Join him in discussing your wiki activities on Giant Bomb as well.
Join the Discussion
- Phantom Pain FOB - Q&A, Gameplay Tips and Tactics, General Discussion (By: @pyrodactyl) - Do you have any tips and/or tricks related to how to best use the FOB in The Phantom Pain? If so share them here for all community members to enjoy and learn from.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain The Ultimate Ending Discussion (SPOILERS) (By: @thefantasticfillip) - If you are okay with spoilers, and have managed to experience it yourself, feel free to join our SPOILER filled discussion related to the "real" ending for The Phantom Pain.
- What's Your Favorite Sneaking Suit in The Phantom Pain? (By: @zefpunk) - What is the BEST sneaking suit in The Phantom Pain? Vote for and discuss your pick with the rest of the Giant Bomb Community.
- Phantom Pain Guide Discussion Thread (By: @baillie) - If you are interested in helping with the construction of the user guide for The Phantom Pain, drop a comment here.
- What's the "The Room" of Video Games? (By: @larsmonsen) - What is "The Room" of video games? Share the games that you think are so bad that they are good with the rest of the Giant Bomb Community.
- Street Fighter V Rashid Character Reveal Discussion Thread (By: @starvinggamer) - What are your initial reactions to the Rashid character reveal for Street Fighter V? Share those impressions with the rest of the Giant Bomb Community here!
- Games of Video in the Year 2005 CE (By: @brodehouse) - Brodehouse spent some time thinking about the best games released during 2005, and created this list as a result.
Useful User Reviews
- @mento shares why he found himself completely enamored with Full Bore: The First Dig on his review for the game.
- Forza Motorsport 6 - Giant Bomb has an incredibly dedicated Forza Motorsport community, and it is good to see that translate onto the wiki page for the latest entry in the franchise.
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Game Guide - The user created guide for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is truly a sight to see! Check it out if you find yourself in a pinch.