The Community Spotlight - 11/07/2015

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
The Police State Finally Got to Mario! (By: chris-savely)
The Police State Finally Got to Mario! (By: chris-savely)

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again. This weekend was Extra Life 2015! For those of you that either donated or hosted a livestream this year you have everyone's eternal thanks. For those of you that either missed the event, or have yet to donate, please be aware that donating to the Giant Bomb Extra-Life Team is available until the end of the year.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EXTRA LIFE 2015

Clips of the Week

The Giant Bomb Galleria

Community Activities

Best of Blog

Join the Discussion

Lovable Lists

Useful User Reviews

Wonderful Wikis

• Need for Speed has more than just fistbumps (but not a whole lot more...) and you can find out what else awaits you on its wiki page.
  • Get caught up with Fallout before the fourth core game shows up with our comprehensive franchise page.
  • We've seen a lot of recent work on Atari Jaguar pages, for some reason. Check out these two Jaguar "Mortal Kombat killers": Kasumi Ninja and Ultra Vortek.
sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#1 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Oh hell yeah, new Best of video.

Also, I never really had a real reason for these outside of an occasional blog I missed, but since I spent the past week focusing on schoolwork, this is a nice thing to have since I haven't seen any of the stuff showcased.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Nice.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm gonna stream Fallout 4 for a bunch of hours for Extra Life, just to be doubly sure that no one watches!

#GBXL

gg duders!

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

chrissavely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hey thanks @zombiepie having my artwork up on the site! I super duper appreciate it man!

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By billmcneal

Anybody know how much Giant Bomb was able to raise on Extra Life? And what the team total was too?

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has the Drew and Alexis stream been archived somewhere? Looks like a lot of halo goodness.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By ZombiePie

@frytup said:

Has the Drew and Alexis stream been archived somewhere? Looks like a lot of halo goodness.

I cannot find an archive of this stream anywhere on Giant Bomb, nor the darkest reaches of the internet. Please keep me updated if you catch it anywhere!

Anybody know how much Giant Bomb was able to raise on Extra Life? And what the team total was too?

Unless I am mistaken, and @matt can correct me, Giant Bomb alone collected: $92,591. As a team we collected: $164,825.

Hey thanks @zombiepie having my artwork up on the site! I super duper appreciate it man!

No problem! Keep me updated if you create any other Giant Bomb themed works of art! In fact always feel free to post it on the Community Spotlight for a little extra exposure.

I have you down for the next Spotlight ~~~Hamst3r-kun~~~!!!!

Kawaii ~~ DESU!! DESU!!

I'm gonna stream Fallout 4 for a bunch of hours for Extra Life, just to be doubly sure that no one watches!

#GBXL

gg duders!

So how did everything go for your stream? How much did you end up raising?

Oh hell yeah, new Best of video.

Also, I never really had a real reason for these outside of an occasional blog I missed, but since I spent the past week focusing on schoolwork, this is a nice thing to have since I haven't seen any of the stuff showcased.

Thanks for the kind words, and always remember to drop a link to anything that you have found on the site you beleive is worth showcasing.

It can even be something that you made.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#11 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@zombiepie: Oh, I've been showcased before, but for the most part I only skim through the contents.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#12 riostarwind  Moderator

@zombiepie Thanks to Extra Life I almost forgot to check out this weeks community spotlight. Thanks for mentioning my Mad Max review and for noting my EL post again.

Jagged85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Thanks for the spotlight, ZombiePie!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@zombiepie: I'm currently at $105! Which is better than the $0 I had over the weekend! I'm going to keep trying to stream and get my total up as high as possible for the team before the donation period ends!

No Caption Provided

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@zombiepie Thanks to Extra Life I almost forgot to check out this weeks community spotlight. Thanks for mentioning my Mad Max review and for noting my EL post again.

There are plenty of people to thank for making Extra Life awesome this year, and one of them is @matt

@jagged85 said:

Thanks for the spotlight, ZombiePie!

No problem, and always keep me updated on any awesome stuff that you find on the site.

@zombiepie: I'm currently at $105! Which is better than the $0 I had over the weekend! I'm going to keep trying to stream and get my total up as high as possible for the team before the donation period ends!

No Caption Provided

Wow great to hear! Feel free to keep me updated on how things go!

RealNewby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

This is a really cool way to compile content. I love the Best of Giant Bomb series. I've watched the two E3 episodes probably six times each.

Since you asked for contributions, I did a user review of Need for Speed. I mostly enjoyed the game, minus some major issues.

http://www.giantbomb.com/need-for-speed-2015-working-title/3030-49598/user-reviews/2200-28833/

BowlingDonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I wrote about my general disinterest for Bethesda RPGs if anyone wants to check it out.

http://cmedley.blogspot.com/2015/11/random-thoughts-fallout.html