Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am honored to be your host once again. This weekend was Extra Life 2015! For those of you that either donated or hosted a livestream this year you have everyone's eternal thanks. For those of you that either missed the event, or have yet to donate, please be aware that donating to the Giant Bomb Extra-Life Team is available until the end of the year.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EXTRA LIFE 2015
- The Giant Bomb Extra Life 2015 Team.
- The Giant Bomb Site Specific Account
- @riostarwind has created a list of every Giant Bomb user that plans on hosting a livestream during Extra-Life 2015.
- @turboman REALLY Wants to Create a "Best Of..." Video from the GB Extra Life Stream, but he Wants YOUR HELP!
Clips of the Week
- Best of Giant Bomb 88 - Chod Rig (By: @turboman) - TurboMan has another great edition of his "Best of Giant Bomb..." video series! This episode looks at some hilarious moments from UPF and Choose Your Own Adventure!
- Giant Bomb Warframe Alliance Halloween Photoshoot (By: @rapid) - Check out this video by the Giant Bomb Warframe Alliance showcasing what they were up to during Halloween.
The Giant Bomb Galleria
- BANNER - Police State Mario (By: chris-savely) - The "Police State" has gotten to Mario in this art by chris-savely (occasional NSFW artist)
- Credit Where Credit's Due: The Giant Bomb Level 1 (By: @rjpelonia) - RJPelonia annotated the GB community suggestions that shaped the first GB Mario Maker level.
- Egret and Gerstmanns (By: @brnk) - BRNK drew an elegant egret...as well as Jeff Gerstmann on his Tumblr.
Best of Blog
- Games I Played at PAX Australia (That I Had Never Seen Before) 2015!(By: @audiobusting) - audioBusting attended PAX Australia and discusses the games that he had the pleasure playing on this blog!
- ST-urday #020: Black Lamp & ST-urday #019: Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus (By: @mento) - Moderator Mento continues his retrospective of the Atari-ST with a look at Black Lamp and Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus as seen here.
- Yoshi’s Woolly World: Gaming Comfort Food (By: @grantheaslip) - GrantHeaslip shares why Yoshi’s Woolly World was the equivalent of video game "comfort food" for him on this blog.
- Activision Blizzard Job Posting Points to Focus on Optimizing Classic Blizzard Games... Maybe More?(By: @jadegl) - JadeGL examined job postings for Activision Blizzard and theorized where she thinks the company is headed.
- Dear Need for Speed and Most Driving Games: It's not you, it's me. But it's Also you, 2015 Need for Speed(By: @asmo917) - Asmo917 discusses how his lack of enjoyment with the most recent Need for Speed game is due to himself, as well as the game.
- I Think I Have a "New Game" Problem(By: @j_unit2008) - j_unit2008 describes the problem that he has with new games, and what he plans on doing to solve it.
- The Sonic We Remember(By: @rhymesmcfist) - RhymesMcFist concedes on this blog that the Sonic game that he would want to play, cannot be made by anyone.
- Post-Mortem Kombat X: The Dead (Part 2)(By: @marino) - Moderator @MarinoV1 looks back on another batch of Mortal Kombat characters that are canonically dead after the events of Mortal Kombat X.
- Looking Back On Backlogtober 2015(By: @dankempster) - Check out dankempster's retrospective on all of the games that he managed to complete for his Backlogtober series.
Join the Discussion
- Warcraft Movie Teaser Reaction Thread (By: @rorie) - What is your gut reaction after watching the Warcraft teaser trailer? Share it, with the rest of the Giant Bomb community, over here.
- The Sad, Quiet Demise of the Instruction Booklet - Bummed to See Them Go? (By: @dandyboyapples) - Do you have a favorite game manual? Reminisce about it, and the decline of manuals, on our community discussion.
- The Halo 5: Guardians Help Thread (By: @shalashaskauk666) - Do you need some advice regarding Halo 5's multiplayer? Well let out a yelp on our tips and tricks thread here.
- What is the First Fallout Game you Ever Played? (By: @matatat) - With the release of Fallout 4 nigh, what was your first Fallout game? Vote for your first Fallout experience, and how it developed your perception of the series.
- When Did you Last Pre-order a Game? - What Game Was it, and Why Did you Pre-order? (By: @spaceinsomniac) - When was the last time you legitimately pre-ordered a game? Share and discuss the game and your reasoning over here.
- Anyone Else Find Themselves Unable to Fully Enjoy Games Due to Their Backlog? (By: @flexo) - Is your backlog impacting your ability to enjoy the big releases right now? Share what is holding you back from complete video game enjoyment, and why.
- Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Details Discussion Thread(By: @yummylee) - Yummylee has summarized all of the major details pertaining to Uncharted 4: A Thief's End's multiplayer onto a single forum post.
- Old Game of the Year - 2015 Edition (By: @clagnaught) - What was your 2015 "Old Game of the Year?" Discuss your BEST retro game experience from the entire year here.
- Top 100 Most Well-written Game Storylines of Their Time (Best of 1975-2015)(By: @jagged85) - Jagged85 took the time to list what he thinks are the 100 most well-written game storylines of their time.
Useful User Reviews
- @freezyfrog explains why Jack Lumber: The Lumberjack is a quick little mobile game that won't maintain your attention for long.
- @asmo917 would describe WWE 2K16 as being "ruthlessly mediocre," if he could. Discover why on his review of the game.
- @dryvby discusses why he thinks The Taken King brings new life and variety into the "formula" of Destiny, on this review.
- @riostarwind extrapolates why he found Mad Max to be an interesting game, riddled with a myriad of caveats.
- @jazzyjeff describes why Grow Home was the best gaming "palate cleanser" he has played this year on his review.
- @dinoracha's review of The Stanley Parable discusses how he enjoyed it, but wished the game was more educational.
- Need for Speed has more than just fistbumps (but not a whole lot more...) and you can find out what else awaits you on its wiki page.
- Get caught up with Fallout before the fourth core game shows up with our comprehensive franchise page.
- We've seen a lot of recent work on Atari Jaguar pages, for some reason. Check out these two Jaguar "Mortal Kombat killers": Kasumi Ninja and Ultra Vortek.