The Community Spotlight - 12/01/2011

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

Edited By ZombiePie  Staff
Many Thanks to FoxxFireArt for the Banner!

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This being the week where all of America's gluttons recover from calorie shock things have been on the quite side when it comes to site announcements, but rest assured there still are a handful of things to go over. For one Coonce has removed the Wall Post Flood Protection System meaning users no longer need to worry about not being able to post on someone's wall because they have exceeded their limit. Marketing Man Daniel is working with design master TurboToaster to make a new poster and is teasing the idea of a Whiskey media hoodie. The GameCube is now over ten years old, and to commemorate this anniversary there is a slew of Wiki Tasks for GameCube games that deserve better Wikis on Giant Bomb's database. Finally as always remember to check out the Giant Bomb YouTube Page as well as the Bomb Shelter for all of the best of the best of Giant Bomb. So with that here's Lemon's latest Bombcast Bombination video:

Community Highlights

• Kessler Run - A Giant Bomb EU/US SWTOR Imperial Guild - Sign up Over Here!
  • Endurance Run, Guess How Many Episodes Contest, Chrono Trigger Edition! - Try to Win a Free 3 Month XBL Subscription Over Here!
  • Battlefield 3 Gamenights & Community Wars - Get the Details and Events List Over Here!
  • Trackmania 2 Race Nights! - Every Wednesday at 8 p.m. Central U.S. - Sign Up Here!
  • The "Can''t Remember the Name of This Game" Wall - Participate Over Here!
  • The Giant Bomb Uncharted 3 Hub - Get All of the Information About the Community Game Nights Here!
  • Official GB Modern Warfare 3 Community Thread! Organize Game Nights Over Here!
  • Official Giant Bomb Tag List - Drop Your Gamertag Over Here!

Great Guides

Wonderful Wikis

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Lovable Lists

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight! This being the week where all of America's gluttons recover from calorie shock things have been on the quite side when it comes to site announcements, but rest assured there still are a handful of things to go over. For one Coonce has removed the Wall Post Flood Protection System meaning users no longer need to worry about not being able to post on someone's wall because they have exceeded their limit. Marketing Man Daniel is working with design master TurboToaster to make a new poster and is teasing the idea of a Whiskey media hoodie. The GameCube is now over ten years old, and to commemorate this anniversary there is a slew of Wiki Tasks for GameCube games that deserve better Wikis on Giant Bomb's database. Finally as always remember to check out the Giant Bomb YouTube Page as well as the Bomb Shelter for all of the best of the best of Giant Bomb. So with that here's Lemon's latest Bombcast Bombination video:

Community Highlights

• Kessler Run - A Giant Bomb EU/US SWTOR Imperial Guild - Sign up Over Here!
  • Endurance Run, Guess How Many Episodes Contest, Chrono Trigger Edition! - Try to Win a Free 3 Month XBL Subscription Over Here!
  • Battlefield 3 Gamenights & Community Wars - Get the Details and Events List Over Here!
  • Trackmania 2 Race Nights! - Every Wednesday at 8 p.m. Central U.S. - Sign Up Here!
  • The "Can''t Remember the Name of This Game" Wall - Participate Over Here!
  • The Giant Bomb Uncharted 3 Hub - Get All of the Information About the Community Game Nights Here!
  • Official GB Modern Warfare 3 Community Thread! Organize Game Nights Over Here!
  • Official Giant Bomb Tag List - Drop Your Gamertag Over Here!

Great Guides

Wonderful Wikis

Best of Blogs/Fantastic Forums

Lovable Lists

Useful User Reviews

User Created Podcasts

Author's Note:Did you find or create any showcase worthy content on Giant Bomb be it related to the wiki or forums? Well then drop a comment on this here feature with a link to anything you have created or found and I promise to showcase it next week. Also to stay up on the best of the best of the Giant Bomb Community follow me on Twitter@GiantBombSquad

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

Spotlighting is illegal where I live. Good thing I never do anything substantial to get in.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Karl_Boss

Good work.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By recroulette

As always, thanks for the mention. Still stand by my claim that everyone should play To the Moon

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dalai

Fuck yeah! Back in the game!

Awesome job as always.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#6  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yay, my blog made it in. I was afraid it wouldn't, being only a little before the TNT. Ah well. Good enough, I suppose.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By kalmis

Thanks for including my shabby blog

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By fobwashed

Very well ezecuted!

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#9  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Those lists were supposed to last, ZP. Oh well. I'll have something for next week. Maybe the Chrono Trigger ER will continue to provide inspiration.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By turboman

@Claude said:

Spotlighting is illegal where I live. Good thing I never do anything substantial to get in.

You misspelled "Moonshine"

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By apathylad

Huh, I didn't know I was on this list.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Hizang

I made a video blog, check it out duders!

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/hizang/my-first-vlog-new-beginnings/30-88765/

Also I made a Mario Kart Community Thread.

http://www.giantbomb.com/mario-kart-7/61-31747/official-mario-kart-7-community-thread/35-526986/#9

Thatamos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Thatamos

According to MB, my article on Infinity Blade 2 is now a featured article, and is slowly gaining more positive endorsements than .. not positive endorsements. BECAUSE NEGATIVE IS LAME. >=D

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By BlinkyTM

Get a 404 error on this: Battlefield 3 Gamenights & Community Wars - Get the Details and Events List Over Here!

And it accuses me of typing in gibberish!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Bollard
TheJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By TheJohn
ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

@BlinkyTM said:

Get a 404 error on this: Battlefield 3 Gamenights & Community Wars - Get the Details and Events List Over Here!

And it accuses me of typing in gibberish!

My bad on that. I forgot that copying and pasting hyperlinks still can't be done on the site.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Afroman269

I just put up a blog containing my GoTY.

http://m.giantbomb.com/profile/afroman269/my-game-of-the-year/30-88906/

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#20  Edited By Mento  Moderator

This week's list is another soapboxy railing against something I don't like; this time it's over-used sub-titles in game titles. Slow-moving targets, that's what I like.

Turns out the meme ship had sailed on a list of video game careers that could possibly be curtailed with an archery mishap.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff