The Community Spotlight 2019.11.23

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the best community created offerings from last week! With GOTY season drawing nigh, I hope everyone in the United States are able to enjoy a safe and fun Thanksgiving. For those who live elsewhere, please be aware Thursday, November 28 is a holiday in the United States, and as such, the staff will be away and not able to host their usual assortment of Thursday/Friday livestreams. Regardless, the community has been as active as always, and that leads me to the two pieces of site-related housekeeping I have for everyone!

Image provided by Fobwashed!
Image provided by Fobwashed!
  • Giant Bomb Premium is on sale now until Cyber Monday! Click here for all the details!
  • If you bought a premium subscription recently at full-price, send an email to support@giantbomb.com and Rorie will hopefully get you sorted out. However, DO NOT use your discount code and include it when send an email!
  • The cyber-ized Giant Bomb logo you saw on this promo is coming to the Giant Bomb store and pre-orders will be available starting 11/25/2019! Sale prices/promo codes will apply to this shirt design. Thanks, @fobwashed!
  • If you have enjoyed the Giant Bomb Out of Context Twitter account, the admin of the account has recently run out of Giant Bomb quotes and shared why. If you have any advice on how they can move forward, feel free to share!

Giant Bomb Galleria

"You're watching, the GB Channel" + RHAVA VELAR! (By: @jearum)

As always, jearum is back with two HILARIOUS fan-art creations! The first, creates a fun little transition for UPF whenever Rorie says "You're watching, the GB Channel!" The second combines Vinnyvania with the Star Wars opening crawl.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Baby Yoda But Jeff (By: @danauer)

CBSi/Giant Bomb design lead, Dan Auer saw someone mention "baby yoda but jeff" in chat and decided to create this nightmare for you all to enjoy. I'm sorry.

No Caption Provided

Tweets Of The Week

Clips Of The Week

Crime Crew: Animated Show! (By: @garden-gnome)

Giant Bomb user Garden-Gnome has been trying to learn animation but lacked a project to put their skills to the test. So, they decided to use Giant Bomb East's Crime Crew as a theme. Here's their "pilot" episode!

Giant Bomb Heavy Inc Presents - Farming Grendel Impressions +

PC - Giant Bomb Alliance (By: @rapid)

Giant Bomb Heavy Inc, the Giant Bomb PC Warframe alliance, recently had fun "farming Grendle." Watch what they did to make it happen, and don't forget to join the fun using the links!

Best Of Blogs

Many thanks to TheRealTurk for their yearly haiku reviews!
Many thanks to TheRealTurk for their yearly haiku reviews!

The Turk's 2019 Review Haikus (By: @therealturk)

Giant Bomb user TheRealTurk reviews every game they played in 2019 thus far but in the form of haikus! Give their short poems a gander and feel free to join the fun using the link above!

Rambling About Death Stranding (By: @jasonr86)

Giant Bomb user JasonR86 completed Death Stranding and shares their ultimate impressions of the game's story, characters, gameplay, and structure on their latest blog!

Things Games I Played These Past Two Years Did That I Liked: Matured 2018 & 2019 Gold Ed. (Taking Pre-Orders Now!) (By: @dudeglove)

After a long hiatus, Giant Bomb user dudeglove returns to blogging and reviews the good and bad games they have played from 2018 to 2019! Give it a read and learn why they burnt out on Overwatch and instead fell in love with Path of Exile!

Path of Exile continues to not be for the faint of heart, but that did not stop dudeglove!
Path of Exile continues to not be for the faint of heart, but that did not stop dudeglove!

My Favorite Films Of The 2010s (and Yours?) (By: @liquiddragon)

liquiddragon exhaustively reviews their favorite movies from the 2010s on their latest blog, and welcomes you to join them in discussing the best films from the last ten years as well!

Controllers Of The Decade (By: @mccash4gold)

MCCash4Gold tackles the interesting topic of video game controllers and which ones they think are the best and worst the industry has conceived during the "modern era" of video game consoles.

Being More Open Minded About Which Games Could/Should Win GOTY (By: @bakoomerang)

Check out bakoomerang's touching post on the importance of having an open mind, and respecting everyone's choices, during GOTY season. As someone who has weather their share of GOTYs, both good and bad, it's good advice regardless of how long you've been a user.

You BET Mento has a thing or two to say about the Vinny cameo in Indivisible!
You BET Mento has a thing or two to say about the Vinny cameo in Indivisible!

Kingdom Hearts in the Right Place: The Ranking of All Cosmos +

Indie Game of the Week 147: Indivisible (By: @mento)

First, Mento completed Kingdom Hearts III a while ago and uses one of their blogs to "rank" each of the game's worlds from worst to best! use the link to see how they ranked the cosmos! Second, their latest "Indie Game of the Week" blog is all about Indivisible! Read all about why they plan to "stick with it for the long haul!"

Join The Discussion

Help Mr. Rorie make this deck EVEN MORE AWESOME!
Help Mr. Rorie make this deck EVEN MORE AWESOME!

With Game of Year Around the Corner, Let's Look Back (By: @bmaxwell)

As they develop their 2019 GOTY list, user BMaxwell decided to compare and contrast their GOTY lists over the years to the lists created by the Giant Bomb staff! Give their lists a read and join them in discussing the years you matched and diverged from the staff's lists!

What Would You Do To Improve This Deck? (By: @rorie)

We have a bit of a community activity with Mr. Rorie this week as they solicit advice from the internet on how to best improve their primary deck for Magic: The Gathering Arena! If you have any advice, feel free to share it and hopefully Rorie will oblige us with more Magic content in the horizon!

Half-Life: Alyx Launch Trailer Discussion Thread (By: @rorie)

If you have seen the announcement trailer for Half-Life: Alyx, feel free to join our community discussion about it using the link below! Are you impressed by what was shown, or do you have concerns?

YO! VALVE IS MAKING VIDEO GAMES AGAIN!
YO! VALVE IS MAKING VIDEO GAMES AGAIN!

Series 2 Elite Controller Impressions Sharing Thread (By: @jjweatherman)

Have any of you picked up an Xbox Series 2 Elite Controller? Some Giant Bomb users have had issues and others are in love with the controller. Share where you stand using the link above!

What's A Song That Reminds You Of A Video Game That Isn't Video Game Music? (By: @not_a_bumblebee)

Here's a fun activity on the forums! Have you ever heard a song that reminded you of a video game, but it had nothing to do with games? YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Here's a thread full of people who have had the same experience!

Destiny 2 on Stadia Apparently Runs in 1080p, Medium Settings (By: @nivomi)

Some reports are coming out that the Google Stadia is running games like Destiny 2 at 1080p and medium settings. Does this impact your excitement for the platform? Have you had a different experience?

Remote Play Together And The Hope For Stadia (By: @redcream)

Could a seamless remote play system "save" the Stadia? Why do you think the issue of remote play has plagued the industry for as long as it has? Answer either of these questions with your fellow Giant Bomb users using the link above!

Lovable Lists

Rainbows are serious business.
Rainbows are serious business.

Games Wherein The Protagonist is Whisked Away by Rainbows (By: @jeffrud)

jeffrud's latest list certainly gets credit for creativity. For those interested, it's titled "Games Wherein The Protagonist is Whisked Away by Rainbows." If you can think of games with rainbow-based transportation, feel free to drop a comment!

Games About Offices (By: @splitterguy)

Splitterguy is also working on a new community list project that requires more help from the Giant Bomb community! They are hoping to create a comprehensive list of every game that takes place in an office!

Useful User Reviews

Pokemon is still a threat!
Pokemon is still a threat!
  • @doomocrat recently picked up Pokémon Sword and shares why they have quickly tired of it faster than any other Pokémon game they have played on their review.
  • @moonlightmoth recently got around to playing The Town of Light from developer LKA. Here's a link to their review on how the game manages to perfectly capture the sense of being lost despite its short length.
  • @dan_rob_campbell non-ironically loves the Dynasty Warriors franchise as well as the "Musou" genre, and uses their review of Warriors Orochi 4 to discuss how it was the beginning of the end of Koei's stranglehold on the genre.
quasiconundrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've never sprung for any GB merch, but damn that shirt is dope, @fobwashed! I just hope the pre-order doesn't sell out. I could see that being a really popular one.

sloopy75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animal.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Thanks dude!

KGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morse code: "Love Ryan Davis Hey Everyone It's Tuesday"

doomocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

That's... not really what I said in my review, but thank you for featuring it anyway!

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Marino  Staff

@kgr said:

Morse code: "Love Ryan Davis Hey Everyone It's Tuesday"

Keep going.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for this shirt since Fobwashed showed it earlier this year(?, last year? ). Definitely getting it as soon as it's available, something tells me it will probably become sold out pretty quickly .

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I can't wait for No Context Giant Bomb to resurface "You heard me, I wanna see his dick."

processr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A quick update on GB OOC: I've deployed the code to support the new way of posting (new quotes when available, old ones if not), and it'll be back up and running soon!

jonnypolite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone tell me if the GB shirts run large, small or in between/just right?

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Marino  Staff

@jonnypolite: There's a measurement chart on the store page.