Hello and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight and I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the best user-created offerings from the previous week. Whelp, that's another week down the drain. Not sure about you, but as more countries and states move towards reopening business and workplaces, please, be careful out there. Even if you are excited to go back to "life as usual" be kind to those around you by maintaining social distancing as well as wearing a mask when in public areas. Regardless, we have some important bits of Giant Bomb housekeeping to address, so, let's jump right into it!
- The Roku App continues to be an issue for many users and the engineering team is aware of the situation. It's happening on the Gamespot Roku as well so as far as we can tell Roku changed something that broke some stuff for everyone at CBSi.
- The issue of chat detecting ellipses (i.e., "....") as a hyperlink has been reported. Will hopes to get to the issue before the livestreams on Monday hit full swing, but until then, please be patient.
- The user video tool that allows you to watch Giant Bomb videos simultaneously got a major update! Read over how it has improved and feel free to share any suggestions you'd like to see in the future.
Tweets Of The Week
god bless giant bomb— Crucial Cat Drawings Of Socialism (@bombsfall) May 16, 2020
It's Week 8 of @alex_navarro's Lockdown drumming on @giantbomb. It's an all movies theme this week!https://t.co/w3cukEQeMT— Brad Lynch 🍐 (@MarinoV1) May 14, 2020
And still keeping track of all the stats, video archives, and Spotify playlists over here: https://t.co/PUmIYH2hG0pic.twitter.com/nYR9z8hgWI
Ice-T from Ultimate Fighting Championship should be in SSBU. pic.twitter.com/u5uOe34FNM— Smash Additions Bot (@SmashAdditions) May 10, 2020
I shit myself, that's why I'm so grouchy! The knight moves in an L-shape you dumb fuck!— Giant Bomb Out of Context (@giantbomb_ooc) May 11, 2020
- Jeff Gerstmann, 2010
Clips Of The Week
Just a friendly reminder to follow the Giant Bombcast Clips account on YouTube if you want to watch hilarious and memorable Bombcast moments in a microcosm.
As you will see shortly, a new story update has hit Warframe and this provides me with another opportunity to encourage more community members to join the Giant Bomb PC Warframe clan!
A huge "update" for Warframe has hit all platforms and as always, Rapid is here to give a rundown on what that means for the game's story and world! Also, feel free to ask for tips and tricks on how to beat the enemies!
jeremyf tried out a trio of "classic" platformers from the fifth generation of consoles! If you have anything to share about Ape Escape, Yoshi's Story, or Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, then this is the blog for you! And before you ask, YES, they talk about Klonoa's depressing ending!
Gruel used the quarantine to catch up on some gaming he wasn't able to do last year, and as such, got around to "ranking" their favorite levels and sequences from 2019! Give it a read and see why Shenmue III is well represented.
Mento continues their retrospective on "classic" CRPGs with a new blogs about OG Gothic II and Gothic II: Night of the Raven! If you have any memories of either game, use the links to join their respective conversations! Also, Mento's "Indie Game of the Week" blog is all about Death's Gambit! Read why they enjoyed the challenging 2D action RPG!
Giant Bomb user ahoodedfigure returns to blogging on the site to share why, despite getting older and wiser, they continue to struggle to write reviews for video games.
MooseyMcMan finally got around to playing Final Fantasy VII Remake and shares their overall positive impressions of the game and franchise's future as a Final Fantasy neophyte.
ArbitraryWater's "Wheel of Dubious" RPGs took him to Two Worlds! Read why the "Oblivion Killer" sapped away his life-force and forced him to give up on the game prematurely.
Discussions & Threads
Calling all the video truckers out there like Alex! We have a lot of users that want to get into trucking simulators thanks to Alex's video series, but do not know where to start! Share your suggestions, while also being considerate of their budgets, using the link!
If you have enjoyed Jeff's soundboard tomfoolery, here's a link to the community effort to track down the "source" of every sound on Jeff's soundboard. Feel free to propose any missing entries to help keep it up to date!
Inspired by Jan's new video series, we have a community guide/resource thread with tips and tricks for people trying to play Trails in the Sky for the first time! Share your input using the link above!
It's still a big talking point on the forums, but what are your early impressions or thoughts about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 based on the announcement? Is this the best way forward for the Tony Hawk franchise?
Have any of you watched the PS5 Unreal Engine 5 demo? Did the demo make your jaw drop to the ground or are you skeptical about what was shown? Will this shift the balance of the "console wars," or is this a moot point?
Did any of you watch the PlayStation 4 State of Play trailer and presentation for Ghost of Tsushima? Use the link below to catch the trailer and join the community discussion about what looks exciting about the game and what still needs work!
Here's a community debate and poll for all of the Animal Crossing players in the Giant Bomb community! What do you usually do with bugs and fish you've caught and already donated to the museum?
audioBusting has created a list on the site that needs YOUR HELP! They want to create a comprehensive list of every game that features a portmanteau title/name that uses the word "punk." Here's what they've got so far, and feel free to help!
Inspired by Abby's video retrospective on the Resident Evil franchise, Wallflower501 went ahead and ranked the Resident Evil characters they have experienced from best to worst.
- @s10129107 uses their review of XCOM: Chimera Squad to share why technical issues and glitches ruined their entire impression of the game.
- @junior_ain returns to their Mega Man review retrospective with a look at Mega Man 6! Read why they think the mainline franchise "kept strong" until the very end!
- @bonbonetti's Oriental Empires review discusses why they think its a great 4X alternative to Hearts of Iron and Civilization during the pandemic.
- @bonbonetti also played theHunter: Call of the Wild to experience the great outdoors during the pandemic. Give it a read to see if they recommend it.
- @pauljeremiah's Doom Eternal review discusses why they were not as impressed by the game as Doom (2016), but still managed to have a fun time nonetheless.