Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff
I think I am officially
I think I am officially "sold" on Bak 2 skool.

Hello everyone and welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight. I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the wonderful things the community has been up to recently. We have a bit of a shorter-length episode of the Spotlight this week, but that should make it even easier to check everything out and support your fellow community members!

Jeff's move was underway last week, hence his temporary absence. He should be back to celebrate the 700th episode of the Bombcast! For community members new and old, remember to check in on that episode of the podcast as it is bound to be packed with memorable moments.

For premium subscribers, here are links to this week's new stuff in case you missed them the first time.:

Remember to follow the Giant Bomb YouTube account for free highlight reels of some of these programs if you are not a premium subscriber. Likewise, there's a special programming note about the third episode of The Very Online Show as it was edited by VoidBurger! Please, thank her for their hard work.

Finally, last week marked Michael Higham's final days as an employee at GameSpot. Wish him the best if you have not done so already. Speaking of friends of the site going through a transition, former Giant Bomb staff member Austin Walker announced he will be leaving Waypoint in three weeks. Wish him the best in his future endeavors on Twitter when you have the time.

Galleria

Silent Hill Tribute to VoidBurger's Giant Bomb Debut (By: @NoContextSilent)

VoidBurger is a huge fan of horror games as well as the Silent Hill franchise and got this hilarious tribute from the NoContextSilent Hill Twitter account in light of their recent debut on Giant Bomb.

No Caption Provided

Videos

Does Jan Have a Gambling Problem? (By: Giant Bomb)

I am including this Bombcast highlight only because it appears on Twitter there is growing interest to see Jan try his luck at modern Japanese redemption machines. A one, "Jeff Grubb" on Twitter is actually attempting to convince Jan to book a flight to Vegas to prove his theories on the Bombcast. What say you?

Tweets

Blogs

Getting Out Of The Game Funk (By: @daavpuke)

Ah, yes, remember when the Tolkien estate stopped giving a shit about protecting J.R.R.'s canon?
Ah, yes, remember when the Tolkien estate stopped giving a shit about protecting J.R.R.'s canon?

Daavpuke returns to blogging on Giant Bomb with a write-up about how they are slowly getting back into the swing of things with time set aside to gaming. Read how The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age helped with that.

The Evolution of the RPG Town +

What's the Greatest Video Game: Shantae (By: @imunbeatable80)

First, imunbeatable80 has played a wide smattering of RPGs this year, both new and old, and uses their latest blog on Giant Bomb to comment on the state of towns in RPGs and what they think the future holds for them. Likewise, it's time to talk about Shantae for the Game Boy Color for their "What's the Greatest Video Game" blog series! See where the classic handheld platformer ranks based on their highly scientific metrics.

Indie Game of the Week 233: Hypnospace Outlaw (By: @mento)

It's time for some trippy visuals and an even crazier story.
It's time for some trippy visuals and an even crazier story.

Hypnospace Outlaw is the topic of Mento's latest "Indie Game of the Week" write-up on the site. Give it a read and don't forget to share your experiences with the game to them on their blog!

The Wheel of Dubious RPGs Episode 47-48: Legend of Dragoon and Code Vein (season 2 finale) (By: @arbitrarywater)

ArbitraryWater wraps up their "Wheel of Dubious RPGs" blog series with a look at Legend of Dragoon and Code Vein! Use the link below to read if they feel like they ended their series with a bang or with a whimper! That said, a lot of people seemed to take issue with calling Legend of Dragoon "dubious."

Ten After Ten: 8/10/21-8/19/21 (By: @brg)

You tell me, is Legend of Dragoon
You tell me, is Legend of Dragoon "dubious?"

After a brief break, BRG returns with a blog that looks at what they think are the ten biggest video game releases and news items. If you feel like you have fallen behind on recent events, give it a read.

Discussion Thread

Jan Ochoa: Hardest Working Man in Entertainment (By: @tartyron)

How has this time looping thriller been treating you?
How has this time looping thriller been treating you?

As hinted at earlier, Jan is working around the clock to bring you a ton of content on the site. Therefore, it seems appropriate to showing the dude with positive comments thanking them for everything they are doing for the site right now.

What Is Your Favorite Supergiant Game? (By: @fistoh)

We have a community discussion thread and poll debating what everyone's favorite Supergiant Games' title is for them! Vote for and defend your favorite Supergiant Games romp using the link above.

12 Minutes Discussion Thread (By: @clagnaught)

I will say I was shocked at how coherently and earnestly told it's story was and the ending properly closes the book on the franchise.
I will say I was shocked at how coherently and earnestly told it's story was and the ending properly closes the book on the franchise.

12 Minutes has been out for a few days, and you can share your thoughts about its characters, story, and gameplay with the rest of the Giant Bomb community using the link. However, be aware, spoilers are allowed.

Who Has The Best Idling Animation In A Video Game? (By: @topcyclist)

Does Sonic have the greatest/best idle animation in video game history? Can you think of any modern examples of idle animations that could dethrone the neon blue hedgehog?

More Ace Combat Is On The Way (By: @rorie)

More Ace Combat is coming! Ace Combat series producer Kazutoki Kono recently announced a new project in the series! Are you excited? Do you want the next game to be a throwback or an attempt to modernize the franchise?

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time Discussion Thread (By: @kemuri07)

Calling all anime fans! Here's a link to the community discussion thread for Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time! Share how you feel about the film, how it ends, and what you think the future holds for Hideaki Anno!

Boyfriend Dungeon Discussion Thread (By: @bladeofcreation)

Have any of you checked out Boyfriend Dungeon? Have you enjoyed dating your weapons as you spelunk through dungeons? Share your impressions of the game with your fellow community members!

The Pokémon MMO I Really Want Could Never Really Happen (By: @sombre)

And before you ask, the album cover not being properly cut isn't my fault. This is actually what the cover looks like.
And before you ask, the album cover not being properly cut isn't my fault. This is actually what the cover looks like.

We have an interesting discussion thread debating how well Pokémon could translate into an MMO. For example, can you imagine a Pokémon game where you play as a gym leader?

Potential Albummer Subjects (By: @unclejam23)

It was bound to happen eventually, do you have any recommendations for Two Minutes To Late Night for their Albummer series on Giant Bomb? Might I recommend Angelic 2 the Core by Corey Feldman? It's a "classic!"

Monster Train On Switch Discussion Thread (By: @mrangryface)

Have any of you checked out the recent Switch port of Monster Train? Do you think the game translates well to the platform? Share your experiences with the latest release of the game with the rest of the community.

Did CDPR Waste The Opportunity Of Having One Of The Best Games This Gen? (By: @giant_gamer)

This was one of the more active video game discussion threads on the site this week. As the title says, do you think CDPR missed an opportunity to make a generational game, or do you think Cyberpunk was always bound to be a mid-tier game that was only elevated by hype? Share your two cents with the community.

Lists

Borne to Run Gaiden: Kindred Souls (By: @mento)

It's time to plan Borne to Run's future!
It's time to plan Borne to Run's future!

Mento made a list in honor of Danny and Tamoor's Borne to Run video series on the site! Their list assesses the Soulmate Score," or how similar non-Souls games are to Demon's Souls, to a smattering of Souls-likes!

Favorite Games of 2020 (By: @kamui97)

Kamui97 has played a TON of games from 2020 and decided to have another go at ranking their favorite games from last year. Use the link below to check out their re-ranked 2020 GOTY list.

Top 50 Games (By: @stephen_hearts)

stephen_hearts decided to have a go at making a list on Giant Bomb that annotates their fifty favorite games of all time! Check out which games made the cut and don't forget to consider making a list of your own on the site!

User Reviews

It's time for some otome content on Giant Bomb!
It's time for some otome content on Giant Bomb!
  • @snaketelegraph is starting a new review feature on Giant Bomb that covers nothing but otome games! Their first review is for Collar x Malice: Unlimited.
  • @yyninja's Simulacra review details why they enjoyed the Gen Z cybersleuthing in the game after getting past the discomfort of milling through someone's personal phone.
  • @yyninja's Ironcast review on the site shares why they thought its grinding and RNG ruined the entire game even during its bright spots.
  • @grumbel's Super Turrican 2 review on Giant Bomb briefly talks about why their attempt to play the game reinforced their dislike of it 25 years ago.
daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

Thank you for including my journey, I appreciate that a lot.

voidburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

FYI @marino, my pronouns are she/her! <3

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#4 Marino  Staff

Noted. @zombiepie is the one who actually writes the articles. I mainly just edit, format, and publish them. So, tagging him here to let him know.

Love the new feature!

voidburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@marino said:
@voidburger said:

Noted. @zombiepie is the one who actually writes the articles. I mainly just edit, format, and publish them. So, tagging him here to let him know.

Love the new feature!

Noted. I will also reflect this on the Community Twitter account, which I also manage.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PeezMachine