The Community Spotlight 2021.10.02

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

Edited By Marino  Staff

Hello, everyone! Welcome to the latest edition of the Giant Bomb Community Spotlight. I, @zombiepie, am once again honored to be your host as we look back at the last week of quality community-generated content.

Rorie has put out a call to any artists in the community! Drop a comment in the announcement thread or DM him your portfolio and he will see if your style fits with some of the new items the staff are thinking about! You will be financially compensated for your work and contributions should they get accepted.

For those of you that are fans of Albummer, the latest episode, which is about Bruce Willis’s FIRST album (indeed there are more) is FREE! Speaking of premium programming here's the roundup of shows in case you missed them:

Oh... and this got announced:

Extra Life 2021 Links

FOR THE KIDS!
FOR THE KIDS!

Giant Bomb's Extra Life Team Page (By: @marino)

Giant Bomb's Individual Donation Page

The site's EXTRA LIFE 2021 donation page is up! YOU, YES YOU, could be the first person to donate to Giant Bomb's Extra Life 2021 page! Also, here's a link to the team page! You can also feel free to join Giant Bomb's team as well as donate! If you can't donate, please spread the word to people who can! The team goal is to raise $223,566 so Giant Bomb can crest $2,000,000 raised for Extra Life! Giant Bomb proper has a personal goal of $100,000.

Marino is the current team captain for Giant Bomb's Extra Life team and if anything is "off" with the page, please let him know! Right now we have 15 team members and as a team are less than $50 away from raising $2,000!

Galleria

Dr. Tracksuit Is #ALLELITE (By: @PsychicSykes)

With the announcement of Evil Uno on the site, a lot of people are already speculating about a possible "guest appearance" of a certain discredited doctor on Giant bomb or AEW programming....

No Caption Provided

Dr. Tracksuit Falling On Hard Times (By: @jearum)

And that's not it for fan-art of everyone's favorite tracksuit-covered medical professional. jearum got around to watching Squid Game and couldn't help but imagine a world where Dr. Tracksuit is a character in that world.

No Caption Provided

Tweets

Community Activities

Giant Bomb New World Discord Invite Link

Ridiculous queue times be damned! We already have a New World sub-community!
Ridiculous queue times be damned! We already have a New World sub-community!

Giant Bomb super-fan, Cristian, has created a Giant Bomb Community Discord for users that are playing New World. If you are in the game and want to hook up with other community members, this is the link for you.

Blogs

Burnout 3 Is A Better Game Than World of Warcraft, Hands Down (By: @daavpuke)

There's a decent number of users still talking about Deathloop this week.
There's a decent number of users still talking about Deathloop this week.

Daavpuke wrote about IGN's Greatest Game List and the match-ups that still bug them and stick out the most. Also, read which games they would have picked for the final duel.

Dying To Loop In "Deathloop."[SPOILER WARNING!] (By: @mooseymcman)

MooseyMcMan takes to the site to discuss their impressions and experiences with Deathloop. Read all about why they loved the game while also note some of its shortcomings.

VN-ese Waltz: September - Our World is Ended (By: @mento)

You know me, I'm always down for more VN coverage on the site.
You know me, I'm always down for more VN coverage on the site.

Moderator Mento continues to look at visual novels on Giant Bomb with an exhaustive examination Our World is Ended! Read why they had a rough go at stomaching some of its anime tropes while still finding a way to enjoy the overall game.

Ten After Ten: 9/20/21-9/29/21(By: @brg)

BRG does another round-up of the biggest news items from the last week about the video game industry. If you missed out on some of the big talking points about games and the video game industry, check out this post. For example, I missed the news that Netflix bought the devs behind Oxenfree.

What's the Greatest Video Game: Tharsis (By: @imunbeatable80)

In space... something something something....
In space... something something something....

imunbeatable80 checked out Tharsis for their "What's the Greatest Video Game" series on the site. Use the link above to read why they were not a fan of its punishing difficulty and use of perma-death.

Discussion Thread

Join The Dark Order.
Join The Dark Order.

GB and AEW's Evil Uno Announce A New Show: Ranking of Evil (By: @finaldasa)

As mentioned before, Evil Uno and Giant Bomb are working on a show that will debut next week called "Ranking of Evil." Share your excitement using the link above and discuss which other AEW talents would make for great Giant Bomb crossover potential.

Konami Rumored To Be Rebooting MGS, Silent Hill, And Castlevania (By: @rorie)

Did all of you catch the news that Konami might be rebooting MGS, Silent Hill, and Castlevania. What do you make of the news? Which franchises do you most look forward to having a reboot?

Help Getting Into Fighting Games For Someone With A Hand Tremor (By: @robertforster)

Here's a personal plea to Giant Bomb's FGC and the greater FGC in general. We have a user who suffers from hand tremors and is trying to get into the genre while undergoing physical therapy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

MiSTer Multisystem Discussion Thread (By: @pudking)

Give me this sort of peripheral nonsense in 2021! And I'm not talking about dongles.
Give me this sort of peripheral nonsense in 2021! And I'm not talking about dongles.

The MiSTer Multisystem has launched! Are there any users out there planning to pick it up? If you plan on buying it, is it replacing something or is this a new stand-alone purchase?

Your Thoughts On This Coming Up Chocobo Game? (By: @gtxforza)

Are there any Giant Bomb users out there excited for Chocobo GPon the Switch? Do any of you have fond memories of Chocobo Racing on the PS1? I know fellow moderator ThatPinguino has a lot to say!

The Word Overrated Has It Become Really The Thing Didn't Do What I Wanted So It's Bad Or Nitpicks Instead Of Actual Flaws? (By: @topcyclist)

Here's an interesting poll on the forums: what does the word "overrated" mean to you when you apply it to a video game? Does the title fit a good game that becomes too ubiquitous? Or a game that doesn't deliver on its promises?

Your Most Favorite Types Of Peripherals For Gaming (By: @gtxforza)

How should one introduce themselves to the world of assassination?
How should one introduce themselves to the world of assassination?

What are your all-time favorite peripherals for console, handheld, and PC gaming? Can you think of any that really added to the overall experience? Share your picks using the link above.

Is World of Horror Dead? (By: @allthedinos)

Are there any Giant Bomb users out there that have been following the development of World of Horror? What do you make of the developer's radio silence about future updates and support? Share your thoughts and concerns with other community members.

Hitman - Where To Begin? (By: @junkerman)

How many of you played or avoided Persona 4 as a result of the Endurance Run?
How many of you played or avoided Persona 4 as a result of the Endurance Run?

Hey Hitman fans! We have a thread from users asking where to start with the Hitman franchise? Are the soft reboot games the best place to start or should your first impression be before 2016? Share your thoughts!

Do You Play The Game After Watching An Endurance Run? (By: @burritocreases)

Here's an interesting discussion topic. When Giant Bomb does an Endurance Run or an series that covers a game from beginning to end, does that impact your desire to play the game on your own?

Lists

Top 10 The Worst Wrestling Games Of All Time +

Top 10 Best Tekken Games (By: @kamikaiz3)

Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels at WM21 is really good, y'all.
Kurt Angle defeated Shawn Michaels at WM21 is really good, y'all.

Kamikaiz3 wrote a list of their all-time favorite wrestling video games as well as a list of their least favorite wrestling games. Given recent announcements, these lists are oddly on brand, and hopefully encourage YOU to think about making a list of your favorite and least favorite wrestling games.

User Reviews

Some alternate viewpoints about Deathloop are starting to emerge.
Some alternate viewpoints about Deathloop are starting to emerge.
  • @peezmachine's Deathloop review shares why they were not as impressed by its story or mechanics as most people on the internet.
  • @count_zero's Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth review on the site explains why they couldn't help but feel disappointed by the capstone to one of their favorite visual novel franchises.
  • @prismpak's Prodigal (PC) review assesses how it is an adventure puzzle game worth checking out as they fund it to be more than an indie game with good nostalgic aesthetics.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I've read a lot of content on this site. I've seen a lot of hot takes. I saw things as a moderator that forever left my soul a weeping mass of Four Loko gelatin cake. Therefore, I'm sure something has jammed my brain up harder than @daavpuke saying Crisis Core is their favorite Final Fantasy but goddamn it, I can't think of a single thing that's made me come back to this site more often and reread a blog just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Crisis. Core.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Thank you for posting that fighting game hand tremor thread, I hadn't seen it until now.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@sparky_buzzsaw: Crisis Core is the best Final Fantasy.

Thank you for including my thing, amidst a ton of cool work this week! I really appreciate that.

antime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You could end any political debate about education spending by showing a clip of Dan Ryckert. Everyone would instantly agree that you need to spend more on schools to avoid that ever from happening again.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@daavpuke: For what it's worth I enjoyed that blog.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By gtxforza

Finally, there are users that came onto my thread about thoughts on Chocobo GP, Grazie Marino for featuring it!

Grazie means thank you in Italian.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

So it unfolds...

And we are one step closer to reaching our destiny.

Giant Bomb...Wrestling Federation.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12