This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by Samitoo (63 posts) -

This sucks so much.

I loved scoops, it really got me through some tough mornings.

Patrick was always the nicest guy when I met him at conventions. Would take time out of his busy schedule to have a real conversation with fans.

#202 Edited by AnthonyAtom222 (10 posts) -

Always enjoyed all of your work Patrick. Site has lost an incredible asset. Thank you for all of your work! SCOOOOPS!

#203 Edited by Samitoo (63 posts) -

This sucks so much.

I loved scoops, it really got me through some tough mornings.

Patrick was always the nicest guy when I met him at conventions. Would take time out of his busy schedule to have a real conversation with fans.

#204 Edited by Haz (406 posts) -

:(.

Thanks for all the work you've done on the site. You'll truly be missed! Best of luck with wherever you're headed.

#205 Edited by vsharres (158 posts) -

Man...what a bummer...but I'm sure whenever u are going, is going to be awesome, and you can count on me watching you! Thanks for everything man!!

#206 Edited by isomeri (3115 posts) -

Thank you Patrick for all the talent and content you've brought to the site these past years. It feels weird to say this, but I'm pretty sure that the world has bigger plans for you than this silly little gaming website. Most of the time change is good, even though it can be heartbreaking.

Loading Video...

PS: I'm amazed that you got the job in the first place after sending an email which didn't have any capital letters in it. I'd have thrown that in the bin straight away, but I guess it just shows what a great judge of talent and character Ryan was.

#207 Edited by Mortuss_Zero (744 posts) -

The Chrono Trigger endurance run was the first piece of Giant Bomb I experienced. I had no idea who these Ryan and Patrick guys were. I did know I was enjoying screaming at them for "dumbness". I had no idea that Giant Bomb would become a part of my daily life. Now they're both gone from Giant Bomb, Patrick at least under happier circumstances. Patrick, you were part of some of my favorite things on Giant Bomb, even if I didn't always care to listen to your voicing for the voiceless. At least we'll always have Spelunky, Binding and Horror games. Good luck Patrick, wherever you roam.

#208 Edited by eduardopato (10 posts) -

Good luck out there, Patrick.

And don't worry, a bunch of guys here will probably be stalking you D:
I will hehe.

#210 Edited by NoelVeiga (1392 posts) -

Man, good luck wherever you're going. I really liked your voice at GB, although I do understand the awkwardness of working for the site remotely. Let us all know what's next when you can so we can keep up with the scoops.

#211 Edited by vsharres (158 posts) -

Man...what a bummer...but I'm sure whenever u are going, is going to be awesome, and you can count on me watching you! Thanks for everything man!!

#212 Edited by Darro (772 posts) -

Hate to see you go but nice to see you will continue doing things that fans appreciated you doing here. Hope you decide to do a Demon's Souls run since your Dark Souls adventures while not on here exactly was some of my favourite content of yours. Going to miss you with Alex on Bombin' the AM too and also was nice for you to get people that some of us probably didn't know about and got a understanding to who they are etc.

#213 Edited by hammondoftexas (1239 posts) -

<>

<3

#214 Edited by vsharres (158 posts) -

#215 Edited by Redbullet685 (6480 posts) -

Goodbye, duder. It's been a fantastic four years with you here. You've done some of my favorite content on the site and it'll be missed (though I'm glad to hear that some of it will return) along with just your general presence on the site. Best of luck in the future!

<>

#216 Edited by hammondoftexas (1239 posts) -

<>

#217 Edited by BlazeHedgehog (1283 posts) -

GiantBomb is not the same site I fell in love with anymore. I don't know how to feel about that just yet.

Good luck, Scoops. I'll keep an eye out for you.

#218 Edited by bacongames (4008 posts) -

I needed to read that. Thank you Patrick for so many wonderful moments, features, discussions, and good times. That you won't continue to have more as an editor at Giant Bomb profoundly saddens me as someone who has holds you as an equal among the dudes I've been following for a while longer. Thank you Patrick and I can't wait to see what dumb fun you get up to as part of the GB extended family.

<>

#219 Edited by Nonentity (267 posts) -

Sucks, Patrick is legitimately an interesting voice in this industry, but I'm happy to hear he's not leaving editorial. I've been following him since 1UP.

Good luck wherever you go, dude! GB won't be the same without you.

#220 Edited by Flappy (2415 posts) -

Can't front: My eyes teared up about halfway through.

SCOOOOOOOPS! <>

#221 Edited by CarRacer (20 posts) -

Sorry to see you go, I enjoyed reading, watching, and listening to everything you did.

Later man. <>

#222 Edited by rmanthorp (4632 posts) -

Patrick Klepek - you are an incredible man. I will miss your content. I will follow your future. You have changed me through your words and actions. Thank you. <3

#223 Posted by AlmostSwedish (933 posts) -

Patrick,

You are the reason I started reading Giant Bomb. Prior to your arrival, Gianb Bomb was pretty much a site with videos. You skills complemented that perfectly. Worth Reading has opened my eyes to many other interesting writers in the industry, offering a much more diverse perspectives than the ones I used to hear. Giant Bomb has been a more interesting site for it.

Also, altough I'll never understand you fascination with horror, I've enjoyed watching you get spooked.

I hope your new job is as awesome as this one was. You certainly deserve it.

<>

#224 Edited by flyingace16021 (205 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO <>

#225 Edited by TheWoj (87 posts) -

Ryan: I'll see you in another life, brother.

Oh man.

Totally not tearing up at that one, I promise.

#226 Edited by hi_im_rob (266 posts) -

Thanks for all the memories Patrick! And thanks for opening up my eyes on lesser known genres and game makers. Best of luck in whatever the heck you're getting into!

PS did you just slyly throw a "Brad is leaving Giant Bomb" reference here?

PPS fuck Dave Lang

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
#227 Edited by deactivated-5afdd08777389 (1651 posts) -

Not gonna lie. It was hard not to cry at my work desk reading this. I hope everything goes well with you Patrick. Screw the haters. You seem like a pretty cool guy. :-)

#228 Edited by CookieMonster (2543 posts) -

Good luck in the future man. You'll be missed.

#229 Edited by impatientandy (10 posts) -

Goodbye Patrick! I stumbled upon Giant Bomb relatively late when you were already an established part of the group so it'll be weird without you. I thoroughly enjoyed your part on the website. Your enthusiasm for certain games (including some that would have otherwise gone forgotten on the website), your contribution of your brand of humor, and your place in some big news in gaming. Good luck and I (we) look forward to see you again.

#230 Edited by CookieMonster (2543 posts) -

Good luck in the future man. You'll be missed.

#231 Edited by LucidDreams117 (563 posts) -

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I opened Giant Bomb for today's GOTY stuff. What the hell man! This wasn't supposed to happen. I walked into a different universe. One I want out of. One where Patrick isn't saying Good Bye! :(

Well I won't do it. I won't say good bye. I'll stick to the cliché with See ya around Buddy!! Good luck on your future endeavours. To those of us who don't regularly check twitter aside from the Giant Bomb feed, do stop back in and let us know where you've landed.

I have a Spookin' with Scoops downloaded I haven't got around to watching yet. It'll be hard when I do. It better not be the last!!

Later, Patrick. Good luck! You'll be missed.

*reloads Giant Bomb hoping to enter another universe*

#232 Edited by Nonentity (267 posts) -

Sucks, Patrick is legitimately an interesting voice in this industry, but I'm happy to hear he's not leaving editorial. I've been following him since 1UP.

Good luck wherever you go, dude! GB won't be the same without you.

#233 Posted by Skewers (73 posts) -

I'm sad to see you go but I can't wait to see what you move on to. Best wishes Patrick Klepek.

#234 Edited by DopeToast (546 posts) -

Goddamnit.

Avatar image for mexican_brownie
#235 Edited by Mexican_Brownie (234 posts) -

Beautiful.

You weren't always appreciated by some members of this community, but that never stopped you from continuing to share your passion, knowledge, and talents with us. You did an amazing job for this site and this community, and you will be greatly missed.Thank you for all the laughs and the scares, but above all, thank you for 4 wonderful years of hard work!.

Good luck with everything, Patrick! Till that sunny day :')

#236 Edited by jiggajoe14 (1819 posts) -

Goodbye and good luck Scoops! You will be greatly missed on this site. I have come to enjoy and respect your contributions to the site so damn much. There was nothing like waiting for late night spooks and knocking back a few cold ones while watching you scare yourself shitless for our entertainment. Thank you so much for everything!

#237 Edited by Cerberus3Dog (1024 posts) -

Patrick delivers the final scoop. I usher you off wishing you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

#239 Edited by MrCrushin (36 posts) -

Happy trails, Patrick. I look forward to your future projects!

#240 Edited by Brake (1294 posts) -

Wherever you go, just remember, you will always be a part of this community. Thanks for countless hours of entertainment and insight. Have fun!

#241 Edited by rmanthorp (4632 posts) -

Patrick Klepek - you are an incredible man. I will miss your content. I will follow your future. You have changed me through your words and actions. Thank you.

#242 Edited by MisterMouse (3608 posts) -

haaaaaa super bummed that you are leaving, but best of luck in your future endeavors.

#243 Posted by Brenderous (1265 posts) -

PATRICK, PATRICK..... WHAT HAS BECOME OF YOU

#244 Edited by Shabs (905 posts) -

Thanks for the reads Patrick. I rarely have the time to devote enough attention to videos these days so I was always excited to see some written content on the site, sad I won't get my GB Worth Reading fix anymore. All the best.

#245 Edited by Memu (454 posts) -

Patrick, I actually came to GB because of you. I liked you at G4 and wondered what happened to you and here you were. So thanks for that. And thanks the most for turning me on to Spelunky! This is a big loss for GB.

Avatar image for billy_ray_valentine
#247 Edited by Billy_Ray_Valentine (103 posts) -

You will be missed, Patrick! What to have brought to Giant Bomb has always been a treat. Good luck and happy trails, partner!

Avatar image for thatdudeoverthere
#248 Edited by ThatDudeOverThere (22 posts) -

Sad to see you go, duder.

#249 Edited by Elwood (268 posts) -

Best of luck to you Patrick, and a Happy new year, can't wait to see what you end up with, I still remember you from the 1up days, and then suddenly one day you popped up here on GiantBomb :)

#250 Edited by kcp12 (79 posts) -

Peace Out Buddy <>