The Engineer Appreciation Thread

SeriuzBiznus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Inspired by this tweet and in honour of the many years of incredible work by one Dan Auer, this is a thread dedicated to highlighting all the efforts of the engineers behind the scenes at Giant Bomb.

It's just a drop in the ocean for how much work Dan has done for the site, but to start with, these are a few of the amazing graphics that Dan has created within the last year:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also, check out the Giant Devcast if you've never listened! It's a great insight into the hard work that the engineers do on a daily basis.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I have nothing particularly insightful to say, but I did want to shout out the art design for all the new shows (especially Grubbsnax).

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hated the mini turret they could build when they added new loadouts

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

I want to say that the editing work @voidburger is putting into The Very Online Show is amazing and it never ceases to amaze me. I can only imagine it is a not insignificant amount of work.

voidburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: Shucks!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm also completely in love with Dan's Hot Takeouts logo - ESPECIALLY the fact that he knew (even before I did) that I would want to flicker out some of the title so it reads "Hot Takes." He made the missing letters a separate layer in Photoshop!!! We didn't have ANY back-and-forth on this logo, he just fuckin KNEW that this would be ideal. What an actual goddamn genius. I feel so lucky I got a logo designed by him before he left :')

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

All the best to Dan. As a fellow graphic designer I always enjoyed seeing what he came up with for all the new directions & redesigns over the years as well as the newest crop of shows.

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing to add except that the behind the scenes work must be crazy right now, and it all has looked and sounded excellent on my end. And yeah, the Hot Takeouts intro rules.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Dan's design work has been amazing! The speed with which all of the shows got graphic designs back then was really something impressive and they all slapped. I personally love the Unfinished design, and the QL design with the bomb and the clock slapped too.