The Evil Within Trailer

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

So like many gamers that have been praising "the Shinji Mikami" for making Resident Evil 4 not like the usual Resident Evilgames. Even if it was the downfall of the series and the sub-genre, in my mind.For only being action adventures with a horror twist to it.

lets look at the perverted version of Resident Evil 4 called Dead Space or the whole series in-itself. In the first one you more or less just shoot limbs of space zombies also called Necromorphs where the main guy Issac becomes a psychotic dude in the begging of 2. Have not played nr 3 yet so can't comment on how good the horror was or whether or not it was any good.

Me and many other fans of the horror games have started to look at the Indie stuff like Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Slender where it is a psychological horror that twists your mind. It reminded me of the good old days where it was the Fatal Frame and Silent Hill that ruled the day of lunch discussions and ultimately set the standards of what I expect of horror games. speaking of "Fatal Frame" you guys should download the new indie game demo which is called "Dread Out" Lets just say it is a good rip off of a classic game.

But back to topic to topic we more or less we are more or less in the dark on this one until next week where Bethesda’s marketing department/IGN
But we know the story is about detective Sebastian and his partner that rushes to the scene of a gruesome mass murder, a mysterious, dark force is lying in wait for them. Witnessing the killing of fellow police officers Sebastian is then attacked and loses consciousness. Waking up in a land where monsters are wandering about, Sebastian has to fight his way through a world of death and madness(which is supposed to be his close friend) in order to understand what's going on. Sebastian has to face his fears in order to survive on a journey to discover what lies in the shadows of that mysterious and darkforce.

The cool thing is that it uses id Tech 5 and an advanced lightning engine.And its a return into pure survival horror with little to no items and there is brutal traps and enemies even puzzles. Also its an unstable world where players action can define what will happen in the levels, I personally can't wait to see some gameplay of this thing.

Here is the trailer of the game. I think its rather cool with some wink wink remember these films.

So my only hope is, when next week IGN will convince me that this is not yet another action game with horror elements but rather a slow paced game in the sense of fatal frame or silent hill. So what do you guys expect from this tittle.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some gameplay would have been welcome. That trailer was all horror stereotypes and nothing else

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By living4theday258

@biospank said:

lets look at the perverted version of Resident Evil 4 called Dead Space

I thought Dead Space 1 was better than RE4...... but then again I didnt like RE4 at all...

EDIT: oh yea what @bongchilla said too i would liked to have seen some gameplay.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I was disapointed it was live action. I will hold any opinion until I see the game.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By LackingSaint

I think people who were expecting gameplay should temper their expectations; the game is just now being announced, it's at least a year for being ready for release. Doubt they'd have had anything remotely resembling polished gameplay that was actually indicative of the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

What in the f-

Also, there's already a thread 'bout the trailer and we'll be getting a new gameplay trailer on Monday.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Comparing a current gen game to a game cube game nice comparison...

Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What did i just watch?

I was expecting some gameplay for gods sake..