The game is shit, but you love it.

___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ___pocalypse

Gauntlet Legends on N64? I haven't really played it (except a few years ago a coworker busted it out at a party, I would have played all night) since my brother and I played it co-op all the way through as kids, but I remember I looked up reviews for it once in recent years and it got this absurdly low rating. IDK, I thought it was pretty effin' fun and I still remember it fondly. 

Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Berezov

No Caption Provided
Mainly because of the music. In fact, it was entirely because of the music.
Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Choi
@astromanz said:
" @SpikeSpiegel said:
" Enter The Marix. Why? I have no idea. "
haha, yea man, the combat system was crazy!  Still is! "
Hell yeah! And Path of Neo. Oh, and my friends looked at me like I was a pedophile lunatic when I showed them Viva Pinata
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@Tebbit said:
"I dunno, I guess, Croc: Legend of the Gobbos kinda sucked. I love the music in it though. "

Croc was epic, especially considering it was one of the first ever 3D platformers. 
I'd also disagree with those saying Vigalante 8.  Personally, I thought those games were better than the Twisted Metal series.
imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By imhungry
@kingclaw said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
yes! I had so much fun with this playing it with someone else!
unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By unchained

No Caption Provided
 It wasn't received all too great, but I really like it. I still replay it every once in a while.  

Also, 
No Caption Provided
While it did a little better critically, most people still considering it to be a sucky game. It's one of my favorites though. 
Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By Tordah

Serious Sam 2 is awesome.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By uniform

While maybe not considered "shit", Zelda II The Adventures of Link is widely considered to be one of the worst in the series, if not the worst. It also happens to be one of my favorite games.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By kalmis
@BlazeHedgehog said:
" Beyond that, I'll say The Matrix: Path of Neo and the first Bubsy game. Also: Total Overdose. "
Yeah Total Overdose was cool. So was the PSP version. Chili Con Carnage
JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By JoeMarsden
@Asrahn: You're not alone, I freakin' love Interstate '76. I kid you not, I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. Fantastic game - you can get it on GOG.com, you know. Might be worth a look, easier to run on modern machines...and it's Interstae '76.
Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatlebrainiac said:
" Mission Impossible for the N64. Definitely nostalgia glasses goin' on but I enjoyed it. "
Yeah, I really liked that game a lot. Armorines, too. 

I think its something to do with being a child and enjoying an experience for what it is. They weren't painfully bad, but they certainly weren't fucking good, either.
Torinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Torinel
Rise of the Argonauts on Xbox 360... it got whipped by critics like cream in an S&M parlor, yet I truly enjoyed playing this game.
elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#63  Edited By elko84

I thought Blue Dragon was great.  But I love the Ghostbusters game and people didn't seem to think it was good.

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By mattbodega

Speaking as the top editior on the page, I am thrilled to see that so many people here liked Matrix: Path of Neo (in the case of that game, two additional people is a LOT of people). Yeah, Path of Neo looked horrible even when it came out in 2005, and it tried jumping on the Matrix train years after the Wachowski's and Shiny pissed that franchise down the drain with the rest of the Matrix trilogy, as well as the not-total-ass-but-pandering-and-desperate Enter the Matrix. There was no damn reason for a new Matrix game. 
But Path of Neo made it onto store shelves, and, lo and behold, it was weird. And not regular weird. I mean good weird. You fought agaist man-sized karate fire ants, and you reenacted fights from the movie in fron of a movie theater that was showing the scene from the movie in question, complete with a snarling fan who insults you and the production the entire time. You take on a gang of Agent Smiths inside the senate chamber. And then.... there's that ending.  

Rubbish_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Rubbish_

Breakers Revenge, that shit is so broken it's awesome.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JerichoBlyth

Alpha Protocol - I enjoyed it and got most of the achievements because they were fun to get.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67  Edited By JTB123

P.N.03 comes to mind, I absolutely loved that game, it was very repetitive, but the core gameplay was extremely fun and fast paced.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#68  Edited By ProfessorEss
christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By christ0phe
@Aetheldod: I'm pretty sure the Ace Combat games are always well reviewed
DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70  Edited By DystopiaX

Shadowrun for 360. Gets a bad rap but is actually hella fun and has a high skill ceiling.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#71  Edited By ArbitraryWater

When I was a kid I was all over the Gamecube version of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Looking back now, that game is pretty awful. Don't have it anymore to check though.

Rubbish_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rubbish_
@Torinel said:
" Rise of the Argonauts on Xbox 360... it got whipped by critics like cream in an S&M parlor, yet I truly enjoyed playing this game. "

Word
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By nick_verissimo

I really loved Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the wii. IT'S LIKE YOU'RE DOING FUCKING MAGIC!!!!

RankRabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By RankRabbit

I like me some mario party, but sometimes I also hate it. Princess Peach is a god damn cheater.

Kermity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Kermity

I had no idea there were others that enjoyed Enter the Matrix too!  Another one to add to my list is Shadow the Hedgehog.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mazik765
@SpikeSpiegel said:

I never understood why it got so much hate....but then again I haven't played it since I was like 13.

For me it's got to be WET...or Viva Pinata, it reviewed well but everyone dismisses it as being a dumb kids game (which it is, but it's still awesome).

EDIT: Dynasty Warriors, N3 and Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, as well.
thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By thegoldencat7

I bought WAY too many Dynasty Warriors games. Dear god.    
pbhawks45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79  Edited By pbhawks45
@beatlebrainiac said:
" Mission Impossible for the N64. Definitely nostalgia glasses goin' on but I enjoyed it. "
OH FUCK YES. God, I spent so many hours trying to do the part where Ethan was on a rope trying to hack into the system. SO damn frustrating.
Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Hunkulese

GUN 

Sure it has problems but it still has one of the best shooting mechanics of any game.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81  Edited By agentboolen
@Berezov said:
"
No Caption Provided
Mainly because of the music. In fact, it was entirely because of the music. "
I bought this on clearance for my Pentium 2 PC a long time ago and realized why it was on clearance, what a shitty fighter!!!  This had to be the fastest game I uninstalled ever!
jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#82  Edited By jacksukeru
@ShiftyMagician said:
" I will always have a place in my heart for Future Cop LAPD.  It makes absolutely no sense, however I can never say no to how much fun I personally had with it. "
Cool, I was just thinking about mentioning this game when I scrolled over your post.  It's one of the few games that I played together with my dad. I can still remember before we bought it we used to play the demo of it over and over again, it was the first level and it was timed so we never made it all the way, but we got further and further with each attempt. 

In a way it was more fun to play it that way than to play the final version later, but still, one of my favorite co-op games ever. I'd love to see some sort of remake for PSN and XBLM sometime, that would be awesome.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83  Edited By Evilsbane
@Choi said:

" @astromanz said:

" @SpikeSpiegel said:
haha, yea man, the combat system was crazy!  Still is! "
Hell yeah! And Path of Neo. Oh, and my friends looked at me like I was a pedophile lunatic when I showed them Viva Pinata.  "
Yea After about the 5th weird look from friends I stopped trying to get other people to like Viva, it is a hard sale.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#84  Edited By Sin4profit
@Asrahn said:
"
No Caption Provided
 All I can remember is loving this game to bits, and having my friends hating on it because it was "complicated". "
BLASPHEME! That game was amazing! don't forget about how satisfying it was to get the cars down in the red and pop them out of the side windows with your hand pistol until you you heard, "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". 

Anyway, i think i've answered this thread before: 

Getting Up:  Speaking of great soundtracks, the implementation of the music in getting up was amazing. The combat was weak but if you managed to play the game stealthy the parts where you have to tag various spots were a lot of fun and the story is surprisingly good. 

ZPC: even i can admit the levels are terrible but i was a huge Aidan Hughes fan so i thought the artwork was amazing. beyond that though, i liked the design of the gun...i thought it was cool to have this single swiss army gun and the psionic push had a nice bubble effect to it. The ending levels of the game, which had you ditch the swiss army gun and use your full on destructive psionic powers made you feel like a baddass...this perspective comes from playing it a long long time ago so anyone jumping in now; results may vary.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By nintendoeats
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty

There are about 10 seconds distributed throughout this game that are awesome, and the other 6-8 hours "suck so much dick that they now breath spunk instead of air." And yet when I play it, I think about what might have been if it was designed by people who were competent.
Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Shadowsquire

Mine would be Trespasser way back when for the PC. I believe it was the first game to ever implement ragdoll physics. I just remember having so much fun using the "freeze dinos" cheat and just patting velociraptors on the head with my freakishly twisted hand.Or finding the tranquilizer gun and thinking i had killed a couple dinos, then having them get back up a minute later and rape me :P

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By hero_swe
@Red12b said:
"Enter the matrix is awesome! better than the path of neo "

ssssssssssssssssssssss nnnnnnnnnnoooooo. Just...noooooo...nooooo...No, sorry...noooo....Nooo, nope...sorry nooooo 

Path Of Neo though is one of my guilty pleasures.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By Gabriel
@thegoldencat7 said:

" I bought WAY too many Dynasty Warriors games. Dear god.     "

Deathdealer108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Deathdealer108

I have a fondness for Bulletwitch. The game was panned by critics, but I really  enjoyed it.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By hero_swe
@MattBodega said:
"

Speaking as the top editior on the page, I am thrilled to see that so many people here liked Matrix: Path of Neo (in the case of that game, two additional people is a LOT of people). Yeah, Path of Neo looked horrible even when it came out in 2005, and it tried jumping on the Matrix train years after the Wachowski's and Shiny pissed that franchise down the drain with the rest of the Matrix trilogy, as well as the not-total-ass-but-pandering-and-desperate Enter the Matrix. There was no damn reason for a new Matrix game. 
But Path of Neo made it onto store shelves, and, lo and behold, it was weird. And not regular weird. I mean good weird. You fought agaist man-sized karate fire ants, and you reenacted fights from the movie in fron of a movie theater that was showing the scene from the movie in question, complete with a snarling fan who insults you and the production the entire time. You take on a gang of Agent Smiths inside the senate chamber. And then.... there's that ending.  

"

Yes. Oh god damn you MattBodega, now you've just made me go down to my original xbox and play it all over again! Arikfahrktha!
empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By empfeix
@beatlebrainiac said:
duder i loved that game too!
mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By mfpantst

Matrix Path of Neo, Enter the Matrix and Streets of SIm City are my runners up.  Wet is the game that sucks but I can't not love immensely.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By thegoldencat7
@Gabriel said:
" @thegoldencat7 said:

" I bought WAY too many Dynasty Warriors games. Dear god.     "

"

Yes, that picture is accurate. I am a black african woman. No seriously that series is just egregious for adding next to nothing each year. For the record I bought 1 of them.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By dbz1995

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone-easy and a traditional movie-game, but hey-I was 8, and it was grreat.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By NTM

I loved the original Killzone when I got it as a Christmas present around the time it came out. Played it for a long time.
Avatar image for saturnvengeance
saturnvengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By saturnvengeance

Alpha Protocol

blogpostnogood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By blogpostnogood
@saturnvengeance said:
" Alpha Protocol "
haha, what about it did you love?
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Aetheldod
@c1337us said:
" @Aetheldod said:
" @astromanz:  Jean Reno ? Nope he was in Onimusha 4 "
I'm pretty sure it was 3. 4 was Dawn of Dreams or something with the new blonde kid right? "
Yeah you are right ... my bad ...
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AlexW00d
@saturnvengeance said:
" Alpha Protocol "
This. 
Pretty terrible game, but so fucking fun when you get into it.
hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By hockeymask27

Deadliest Warrior.