The game releases you're excited about

tellmewhy_not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There are many games to be released this year from highly anticipated Cyberpunk 2077 to Marvel's Avengers. What game you're excited the most this year? Have you ever been disappointed in a game release?

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By stantongrouse

Outside of the major releases some of the things that have caught my eye for this year are Hokko Life (an Animal Crossing like on Steam), Maneater (a Shark rpg on Epic) Kerbal Space Program 2 (if it makes 2020) and Humankind (Sega's Civ like)

At my age there are so many games that were ultimately very disappointing but this is lessened now by the fact that I am generally not too taken in by the hype. Crackdown 2 stands out as a game, not necessarily bad, but so much of a let down after the time I had with the first. Recently Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey was one that I'd built my own hype around but found it to be really lacking after a few hours and terrible UI.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cikame  Online

As someone who is in a permanent state of backlog most of this years games will be played next year or the year after, so far this year i've played Devil May Cry 5, Wildlands and i've just started The Forest with a friend.
That being said occasionally my excitement for a game has it jump the queue, and so far that game is Flight Simulator.

Now, i'm not a hardcore sim player, i like them a lot but i don't use joysticks or hotas, or wheels, or whatever else, i get away with using an Xbox pad just fine, but one of the first games i owned on PC was Flight Simulator 98 so i feel connected to the franchise, and it seems to be coming back in a huge way.
My only reservation is the developer, Asobo Studios, they helped make The Crew which was alright, and they made A Plague Tale: Innocence which... isn't a flight simulator :S, it's a pretty huge leap to go from making a driving game, a horror adventure and then recreating the entire planet and a realistic flight model.

Regardless, it looks great and i'm looking forward to it.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's weird, there are things I am interested in but nothing I am overly excited about. Animal Crossing? Maybe, I seem to recall bouncing off of New Leaf pretty easily.

Doom Eternal? Ghosts of Tsushima? Last of Us 2?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gears Tactics (April 28). A turn-based tactics game set in the Gears universe? On Game Pass? Yes please.

Wasteland 3 (May 19). I contributed to the Wasteland 2 Kickstarter, but didn't play more than a few hours of it. Party-based RPGs just aren't my thing I guess. I'm hoping being able to play Wasteland 3 in co-op will be the difference maker.

Squadron 42 (Q3 2020). I contributed to their Kickstarter on October 19, 2012 and I'm still waiting. Maybe they'll release in Q3 2020? Probably not.

Halo: Infinite (Q4 2020). A new Halo on a new console. Sounds like one heck of a launch title to me.

tellmewhy_not

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a great variety though. Somehow I still manage to follow the hype of Cyberpunk 2077, and also Doom Eternal. But when there is so much hype I tend to believe that it might lead to disappointment. But Doom never lets down tbh.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don’t really get excited about games, these days, though I still enjoy them.

I have a half an eye on Resident Evil 3, Doom, Cyberpunk, Wasteland, Gears Tactics, Halo, and The Last of Us 2.

I’m probably forgetting something, but it’ll just be a pleasant surprise when it rolls around!

takayamasama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been waiting for Animal Crossing since the Switch came out and it's so close, and honestly it's the game I need right now so badly. Life is exhausting with the two schools I'm attending and I need a laid back, chill, purely charming experience. It'll also be a fantastic game to use to further my Japanese studies when I'm tired of staring at my textbooks.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOOM, Nioh 2, Cyberpunk.

After that, I might be waiting to see what's up with the new consoles.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Resident Evil 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So hyped for it. RE7 started my journey to RE fandom and RE2R solidified it.

Also looking forward to The Last of Us Part 2. I'm torn on being excited about FF7 Remake. It's only part of the game, but it looks cool. I want to like Avengers, because it sounds great as a concept. Everything I've seen though just screams it's not going to be good. So, if it comes out and is good, I'll pick it up. If it comes out, isn't good, but later gets good, I'll pick it up. Cyberpunk looks dope, but it's going to be so big (which is part of why I can't get into The Witcher 3).

Doom: Eternal looks super rad, but I just didn't enjoy Doom 2016, so eh. Yakuza: Like a Dragon looks like a Yakuza game, but I'm worried about it (and still working through the others). I'm still waiting for Biomutant, Tunic and Battletoads (which at one point were all 2019 games).

I have definitely been disappointed many times over the years, and now, unless I'm about 100% sure I'll enjoy it, I don't pre-order games or buy them at launch. I'll generally wait for a discount. Most recently, I was burned by Kingdom Hearts 3. I thought for sure I would love it, but I guess it was too long since KH2 and it didn't evolve enough with the times.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

After 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2, I am looking forward to more Yakuza on PC. (one can dream...)

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By BaneFireLord

I guess the Control DLC is probably top of my list right now. This is the first year in a while there's nothing that I'm extremely excited about... I'm honestly more interested in getting more information about Starfield and the Breath of the Wild sequel than actually getting my hands on anything releasing this year. There are a lot of games that I'm definitely interested in, but I have doubts about all of them that have dampened my hype. I hope Cyberpunk lives up to the Witcher 3 pedigree (some of the trailers have not inspired confidence), I hope Vampire Bloodlines 2 isn't a mess (the wording around their delay makes me skeptical), I hope Watch Dogs Legion is a weird, worthwhile experiment (instead of being a half-finished Breakpoint-style waste of time). I think I'm most excited for the unknowns related to the new hardware launches. Even if E3's dead, I'm expecting a lot of cool announcements in the coming months.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My hype for the big budget games have waned over the past few months, so I'll just go with HuniePop 2.

TortadeJamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TortadeJamon

The two games that come to mind are Mount & Blade II (because I loved the original and its various addons and expansions) and Bleeding Edge (I played the alpha and it felt an awful lot like a modernized Dreamcast game, which is right up my alley).

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doom for sure, counting the days for that one. The Laster Of Us and RE3: Threemake also incite the hype. After that, off the top of my head, it's "I'm excited, but we'll see" stuff. Oddworld, Look_At_Dogs 3: Keep Looking, Little Nightmares 2... the unannounced but inevitable Knack 3: Knackdown vs. Raw, of course...

Shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Dogs looks neat, Animal Crossing may finally cause me to buy a Switch, but right now Retromania is my most anticipated release.

Bonbonetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 1

Beautiful Desolation, a point & click adventure game I supported through Kickstarter. These developers are really good at creating an interesting and immersive atmosphere, something that impressed me with their previous game, Stasis. Stated to launch on February 26th.

Wasteland 3. I enjoyed the first game a great deal, although I think it was a bit too long. Still, this is definitely on my wishlist.

Desperados III. Really enjoyed the originals, and enjoy this type of gameplay in general, so it's a no-brainer for me.

Evil Genius 2. Big fan of the first one, and this looks fun as well.

Humankind. Developed by Amplitude, I liked their Endless Legend and Endless Space games a lot, so I know these devs will deliver something I'll enjoy. It's Civilization-type game, but I hope it will be more fun than actual Civilization (which to me is just OK).

Starship Troopers - Terran Command. I'm not expecting a revolutionary new take on RTS, I'm just happy to get a new RTS. So even if it's not perfect in all areas, I'll most likely enjoy it.

Industries Of Titan. A futuristic city-builder. Coming to Early Access in 2020, so I should be able to test it out.

Regarding the hype issue. I don't take the media-frenzy too seriously, if anything it turns me off from buying a certain game. Cyberpunk for example, the more the media hypes it up the less interested I become, because it feels like a game not being made for me, but for gaming journalists. The mainstream media has a tendency to praise pretty but generic games that have little to no personality. I want something with character.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The Last Night but tbh no idea if its coming this year.

FFVIIR and Ghosts of Tsushima have my attention.

Jarp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Last Night but tbh no idea if its coming this year.

FFVIIR and Ghosts of Tsushima have my attention.

I hope Last Night comes out this year!

My list:

CP2077

Animal Crossing

Doom Eternal

Last of Us 2 (wasn't planning on getting a PS5 but I guess I'll wait and get it for this since I don't wanna play it on base og release ps4)

TBA:

Axiom verge 2

Dying Light 2

The Settlers

Minecraft: Dungeons

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jarp12 said:

Last of Us 2 (wasn't planning on getting a PS5 but I guess I'll wait and get it for this since I don't wanna play it on base og release ps4)

You have more restraint than I do, my friend. I cannot wait until November for TLOU2.

Jarp12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Jarp12

@ginormous76 said:
@jarp12 said:

You have more restraint than I do, my friend. I cannot wait until November for TLOU2.

If I was still childless and single I'd be first day LoU2 and PS5 owner. :)

I played through LoU across PS3 and PS4 six times total (I hadn't done that in decades to any game) to 100% them but never did the two faction online trophies.

I love that game so much. I was happy without a sequel but want it now more than anything.