The Hotspot Helps!

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

So I don't post much here but thought I should share this.

Sorry for starting dark.

My wife and I are now about a month and a half away from having our first baby(!) Having lost our previous one.

I also get panic attacks and the current situation means that what was under control for a number of years is starting to rear its nasty head.

Anyway, onto the positives. Despite all of this, having Brad, Vinny, Jeff and Alex on a podcast type thing has been the most amazing thing to help. I'm a sucker for nostalgia so hearing about stuff *I know* is also helping.

The Hotspot has now overtaken both podcasts as my favourite thing to listen to. Reminds me of the good old days of staying up real late (I live in Scotland) to watch On The Spot, or the early days of GB, which I don't hold as the absolute best (and disliked people dunking on GOTY 2019) but again, comfort in what you know.

Anyone else finding some solace in this?

Igort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Oh yeah, massively.

When the lockdown was announced here in the UK the store I work for was shut down. The company I work for is owned by a bigger supermarket chain so instead of us all being sent home indefinitely we were sent to whichever one of their stores was closest to work for them as a shelf filler. I was happy for the work, but working with a massive team I don't know, feeling like an outsider in a different uniform, doing a job I don't typically do in a massive supermarket I'm not very familiar with has been really stressful, on top of all of the COVID stuff too (it might not surprise you to discover that a good chunk of people who are still going out and shopping do not particularly care for social distancing rules). I've also, for the first time in my life, started seeing a therapist. So I have a lot going on!

Thankfully, the manager of the supermarket I'm at now was totally fine with me sticking a headphone in one ear and listening to podcasts. The Hot Spot has been a real beacon, even though I wasn't really around in the Gamespot days, it's nice to get a little inside baseball from the "old guard."

Knowing it's doing good for other people makes it even sweeter.

regmcfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll never forget Ryan once reading out my question and doing a quick double take before saying "Glasgow" like "Glass Cow".

Highlight of my life.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It’s everything I want in a Giant Bomb show. All those guys, talking about the history of games & vide games coverage itself, the nostalgia factor of that Too Hot theme music. It’s incredible. If they can get Rich Gallup on an episode I’m going to lose my mind. It’s doing such a great job helping me get through these weeks at home. I can just stick that on and fire up Destiny 2 or something and the hours melt away. Thanks, Giant Bomb!

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Love it

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

The Hotspot rules. Having a dedicated topic keeps the discussion focused, and it makes the most of what GB's team offers that other places may not: a crew with a ton of industry experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

My favourite show on the cita... site atm.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's great, they're finally using what separates them from a lot of other places to their advantage.