Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lombax
caption
caption

Final Fantasy IV are you going to pick it up? If so please post impressions. 
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By suneku

yup I'm picking it up... impressions... it's going to be awesome

BatDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By BatDan

I pre-ordered it online a while back. Don't know when I'm getting it but I know it will be amazing.

*Hopes for a 3-D remake of V and VI*

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By phatkav

Might consider the game. Just have to read a few reviews about the game and watch some gameplay videos. I know the game scored well in all major gaming websites, but I have never played any FF games before so I really don't want to waste 40$ on a game I will hate.

JohnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By JohnB
phatkav said:
"Might consider the game. Just have to read a few reviews about the game and watch some gameplay videos. I know the game scored well in all major gaming websites, but I have never played any FF games before so I really don't want to waste 40$ on a game I will hate. "
If you've ever played any JRPG through to completion and enjoyed it, I'd say there's a 90% chance you'll think the 40$ wasn't a waste.
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phatkav
JohnB said:
"phatkav said:
"Might consider the game. Just have to read a few reviews about the game and watch some gameplay videos. I know the game scored well in all major gaming websites, but I have never played any FF games before so I really don't want to waste 40$ on a game I will hate. "
If you've ever played any JRPG through to completion and enjoyed it, I'd say there's a 90% chance you'll think the 40$ wasn't a waste.
"
I played the old Dragon Quest games (the really old ones where I think they were called Dragon Warrior). I liked the concept of the games but hated the random enemies coming out every damn 10 seconds. And I also like Pokemon D/P >_> That's about it for me when it comes to JRPG games.

Guess it's time to shell out 40$ for FFIV. The game is long right?
JohnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnB
phatkav said:
"JohnB said:
"phatkav said:
"
I played the old Dragon Quest games (the really old ones where I think they were called Dragon Warrior). I liked the concept of the games but hated the random enemies coming out every damn 10 seconds. And I also like Pokemon D/P >_> That's about it for me when it comes to JRPG games.

Guess it's time to shell out 40$ for FFIV. The game is long right?
"
Well, FF4 has random encounters, no way around that. I'm guessing it'll probably take 20-30 hours depending on whether or not grinding levels is needed. And dude, I love the Dragon Quest / Warrior games. And FF4 is my favorite FF. So, yeah, I bet you'll enjoy it...as long as you accept the random encounters. The battle system is much more fun than in the Dragon Quest games, too. In my opinion.
phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phatkav

is it as hard as the Dragon Quest/Warrior games? because the old ones were a bitch to beat.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By GalvanizedNails

i was looking through the Best Buy sales paper the other day, and it said this game was rated M, and i was just like wtf? anyway i dont have a DS but if i ever get one ill definitly pick this up

JohnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JohnB
phatkav said:
"is it as hard as the Dragon Quest/Warrior games? because the old ones were a bitch to beat. "
I'd say the Final Fantasy games in general are easier than the Dragon Quest games due to the amount of options you have in Final Fantasy over what you have in Dragon Quest. One easy example is that, in Final Fantasy, you can have a pool of potions that all your active characters can draw from, whereas in Dragon Quest you have to manually place what amounts to a handful of potions into each characters' personal inventory. Also, there's the elemental system you can exploit to annihilate many enemies easily in FF, whereas in Dragon Quest you kinda get the feeling you're constantly fighting for your life. The thing is you can always grind some levels if you feel the game is too hard, anyway.

Short answer: FF4 isn't that difficult if you pay attention to all your options.