The Journey Through Games 5/3/2013

Spence_5060

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Spence_5060

So today will probably be a shorter post versus some of the other ones because I did not actually play much today. With work and everything it has become a little hard to power through some of the games that I wanted to play through today, but I still made some progress today. I continue to play Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and have like it a lot and has some pretty crazy parts in it, but I just don't think I'm at the good parts yet. Along with that I have played some serious Dota 2 today. All I did today was community team games today and it was the most fun with this game I've had in a long time.

No Caption Provided

So to start off with this. I've pretty much played from when you first meet Pliskin to where you beat the Fatman. And so far I'd have to say that I am not super impressed like I thought I would be. I mean all the characters I have met so far are pretty great and all, but it kind of seems like something is missing or something. I can't quite explain it. I mean I guess it may have something to do with traveling around the same six or seven rooms again and again, but I just hope that they will turn up the craziness. I mean when I met Pliskin, I knew what was going on and with pretty much the different secrets that different groups of the game have on one another. I guess the best parts about this game so far are the references to Snake's skills that you hear about and the kind of ridiculous fight with Fat Man. I mean as I was going to the stage to fight him I was thinking how is he going to move around with him being so big and slow and all. I mean what, is he gonna ride around in roller skates or something. And would you have it, as I started the fight you see him in the fast moving roller skates going around me in circles. I just had to laugh at that.

I Mean this is Ridiculous but What I am Looking For is More Ridiculous
I Mean this is Ridiculous but What I am Looking For is More Ridiculous
It Can Really Surprise You How Much Fun This Game Can Be
It Can Really Surprise You How Much Fun This Game Can Be

So after I had my short time with this I had to go to work. But Afterwards what I got into was some of the most fun Dota 2 playing I have had yet. And It all has to do with partying up with the Giant Bomb community.

Really this great community of people never cease to amaze me. When I go in with you guys to play, you are nothing but nice and helpful and fun. And even when I suck and make us lose the game personally, you don't shout and curse at me and tell me I suck. What you do do is just kindly suggest or advise to do something different so that whatever I did wrong doesn't happen again...and you quickly and quietly leave the party as fast as you can after the game is over. But that's ok. I understand. Today was the day though where I have communicated and strategized to the fullest of my capability at this point with you guys which led us to victory again and again. And really winning makes the games even better.I even played some Captain Mode games which brings team playing and strategizing to a whole new level. Even if I was a little out of my league. But who cares. I had the time of my life and that is really how everyone should experience Dota 2. It would be a much more popular game then.

So hopefully tomorrow I will trudge again through some more Metal Gear Solid 2 and play some more Dota 2 with you fine folks here at Giant Bomb. But I also probably wanna play something else to talk about on here. Maybe that new free game on Playstation Plus or something. I don't know we'll see.

No Caption Provided