Jeff Grubb

Tamoor Hussain

Lucy James

Jess O'Brien

Jan Ochoa

Jason Oestreicher

Matt Rorie

No Caption Provided

Tam and Lucy are apparently going to be pulling double duty on both GB and Gamespot. Grubb likely still has his Game Mess to deal with. Dan will still probably do Fire Escape with Mike and Mary, but will be taking the role of Creative Director for GB going forward.

What do y'all think about the new core team going forward? Dan coming back is probably the biggest shock here, but it's a pretty solid roster all around with a good mix of backgrounds and interests. We're probably looking at the most diverse crew in GB's history, which I think is something worth celebrating.

robbparris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I haven't watched anything on this site since Danny stopped doing the Souls videos, but seeing this is enough to get me to take a look again.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm excited! This is a great group of people. We will see what they are able to come up with. I am interested in how some of these people are going to be balancing their other jobs, but I'm sure some of the stuff they make will be fantastic.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Cautiously optimistic. Content is king for me, and Dan sure is good at thinking up content. If they make stuff I want to watch, I’ll watch it.

You hinted on it, but I’m really interested in seeing what the podcast schedule and lineup look like from here on out.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like how Dan's ascended into being a Neo Cortex head from Crash Bandicoot 2.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I think there's a ton of potential here with this lineup and am excited to see what they can do. All 4 of the new (well, 3 new and 1 old) hires are basically the top people I had in mind when they said they were adding on 4 more people.

Dan as Creative Director is the exact boost in energy that this site needs.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mrfluke

Bringing Grubb as a full time and Ryckert back, was the biggest sigh of relief, curious if the 3rd party shows plan is abandoned now and its all in house now

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I have a feeling this was the whole idea, but dang if Gerstmann isn't leaving us with a beefy, awesome lineup. I adore every single human on that list.

Good luck and keep on with the saga, friends ! <>

DevourerOfTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Giant Bomb is Dead....

Long Live Giant Bomb!

sgt_toasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will miss Jeff G, but this looks fantastic! Mega hype for the return of Dan!

Avatar image for davesavedtheday
davesavedtheday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb will never die. I know it has for some and that is okay. We're all on our own journeys. Best of luck to those who leave but I know I'm personally extremely excited to see what's next.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great crew and I can't wait to see what they're gonna do.

I'm sure her majesty would approve that the GB crew is ~22% British now :)

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By apewins

Excited for Grubb, Tamoor and Lucy and think that's a pretty good trade for the price of one Gerstmann. I have a love/hate relationship with Dan, I liked it when he had his own thing that I could go to occasionally, hope that he lets the other people breathe and not bring his overwhelming presence into every show that he's in. If Dan is more behind the camera that's great because he created some of the best shows in Giant Bomb history, even if he was occasionally insufferable in them.

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grubb coming on is amazing news!

maian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of assumed that Grubb would be coming on board when he announced he was leaving Games Beat and was really excited at that prospect, but adding in Dan, Tam and Lucy is extremely cool. I'm nervous and excited to see where the site goes from here, especially with this smart, funny crew. It obviously won't be the same without Gerstmann, but here's hoping it becomes an exciting new thing.

VGAPortAuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least they understand that we want familiar faces more so than a bunch of new ones. I like Lucy and Tam quite a bit. They know games and have the chops to do "professional stuff" on cam. Grubb is great too. They're all great really tbh. I hope they double down on games and live funtimes though.

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The outtake whenJan put the hood up, but his glasses fall, I laughed out loud.

Dareitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mindbullet: Mostly what you said except Panning the Stream ended a few weeks ago with My Hero Season 5. Dan and Bianca wanted to go back to just watching movies for fun instead of having to take notes and plan a show every time.

Lucien21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By MindBullet

@dareitus: The funny thing is, I originally thought I forgot about it, edited it in, then forgot that it ended and I was right the first time.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that they've got a really strong lineup, personally. I'm excited for the future of the site.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anytime Dan appears, he should never be person. He should just be a giant Zordan-ass floating head in every video.

Avatar image for iamdylanwilliam
iamdylanwilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the video announcement was much better than expected, but even typing that I wasn't sure what to expect. They got a good crew here, and with Dan in a Creative Director role I'm positive the Giant Bomb chaos will continue.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm fuggin stoked- the future looks exciting from where i'm sitting!

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HellBrendy

It depends on how many fucking podcasts they'll chew out. I don't listen to them and it fucking sucks paying premium for a bunch of content I don't care about.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would've quit my membership if Dan wasn't here, still might. Not happy about this change to be honest.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a strong opinion one way or another, but I haven't found any of the new content compelling at all.

Premium just isn't worth the money atm, I won't sub for any edited content because most of the time the series won't finish or if you have no interest you'll have big chunks of empty time.

GB has enough people to do a daily gaming stream for a few hours outside whatever shows they do, Nextlander can with a fraction of the people.

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The crew just revealed they are in early talks to bring back another former member. That's right, THE COUCH is potentially making it's way back into the fold. Everyone give it up for The Couch!

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I can say on this is the sooner they get rid of the random katakana/kanji in the bombcast layout the better what on earth

Avatar image for genericbrotagonist
GenericBrotagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fell off of gb content right around covid, just could not get into the webcam format. This is the first time I've wanted to come back though, so maybe I've just missed Dan.

TurtleFish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing people's initial takes -- I actually feel less comfortable with how this has gone down then I did 15 hours ago.

Out of respect for everybody, I'm not going to speculate publicly as to what actually happened -- but I think there's a lot of negative subtext going around here, intentional or not.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

As sad as I am about Gerstmann leaving, this is such an excellent lineup of people. Dan coming back is the best possible transition they could've made, and not only that, but he has control this time. Things are going to get weird and goofy again. I'm honestly excited.

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DPEP56

I'm am genuinely excited. Last week I let my premium lapse after 5 yrs because I really didn't watch much any more. But man this is a powerhouse crew of creative people. I'm so excited to see what they come up with.

Whether you like Dan or not, he brought ridiculous levels of creativity his first go around. I view that as the pinnacle of creative game content for the site. He's willing to try anything even if it's stupid. I think that'll go a long way.

Also I feel like this is the right move for Jeff G. Sounds like he is going to be able to start to focus on the content he really cares about.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm pretty excited for the new content and crew. I just hope it all goes as planned as far as content releases go and it just doesn't end up falling by the wayside.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have kind of grown stale of the constant changes here lately, and I won't bother getting hype until I see what they actually end up doing. Ryckert sounded like he had some plans I could get behind, as he was focused on video games, wich is the only reason I am here in the first place.

Won't renew my premium as those bonuses were mostly for people using Discord and living in the states, and I do neither.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By htr10

The SNL analogy that others have made with original cast leaving but show surviving is perfect.

I think after original cast left and ratings dipped, SNL even brought back their own Dan, Dan Ackroyd, to try to right the ship.

Best of luck to remaining crew and new crew. I am going to be closely following The Jeff Gerstmann Show along with Nextlander, but I’m still in Giant Bomb’s corner too.

michaelenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@devoureroftime: I had the exact same thought.

Jeff G leaving felt like it was the end of GB as I knew it, the GB I have been following since the beginning. I was really skeptical about the future and whether I would want to stick around stick around. Then the video came on and the crew were doing a dumb skit which culminated in summoning Dan from wherever-the-hell-Dan-has-been. Suddenly it felt like a brand new chapter rather than an ending.

The old GB is gone, it has been going away for a while, but this new crew is strong and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes!

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dan coming back gives me hope for the video content. I never realized till it was mentioned (and on his departure) on how much of the fun weird stuff was spearheaded by him.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Some dang good gets. Lucy and Tam are super under-rated. Bout time GB actually secured talent from Gamespot. They need to do whatever it takes to get them fully over here from there.

Old GB is definitely gone and this place will never feel the same to me, but if you had to reboot the irreplaceable cast, they did it about as well as you possibly could.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

This seems like an excellent lineup of great people. They all seem pumped to be together as a group. I like that I don't agree with what some of them like in games and what they feel about any given gaming subject. I don't need my own opinions to be parroted back to me to feel validated or heard. Bring on the new ideas, and bring on the mechanisms to remember the past reverently. Every face there was a tried and tested member of this community - all great people who will all do great things.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of excitement and energy and im here for it

LaLiLuLeLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comically lame. RIP

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ben_H

The new crew is doing great so far. They've provided the exact boost of energy to content I was hoping for. The dump truck yesterday was incredible.

mrangryface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mrangryface

Stayed up late into the night laughing at that Ranking of Tekken endings- haven’t spent time with GB like that in a while. Excellent stuff