Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By zeforgotten

@Hailinel said:

@Grimmy616 said:

Playing a game they have played before? Dunno how that is gonna work out.

I don't know about Patrick, but Ryan last played the game a looooooong time ago, apparently.

On the other hand, it might be novel seeing an Edurance Run where at least one of the participants at least has a modicum of past experience with the game.

Other way around.

Ryan never played it (only for a few hours), Patrick played through it

Cyrisaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Cyrisaurus

Wow the only thing that could make me want to watch this ER less is if Brad was playing.

Seriously, No Vinny? When that's all the GB community really wants? A SNES game? You're not gonna get the same laughs and epic moments out of a SNES game like you did with DP and P4.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#203  Edited By Cwaff

I don't see what the uproar is about... they haven't done it yet, how do you know you don't like it... personally I'm quite excited for some more daily content!

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By Barrock

I guess I just don't find Ryan very funny? And what personally drew me into the endurance run was Jeff and Vinny riffing off of each other. Maybe if Ryan gets smashed before each one? I don't know.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#205  Edited By Superkenon

Back when it began, I thought there was no way Deadly Premonition could end up anywhere near as entertaining to watch them play as Persona 4. Needless to say, I'm done trying to predict these things.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Potter9156

I'll watch it. But I would have preferred they waited however long to find the perfect game again. 2d JRPGs are just boring to watch.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#207  Edited By Animasta

no voice acting, 50% less excited.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Cwaff said:

I don't see what the uproar is about... they haven't done it yet, how do you know you don't like it... personally I'm quite excited for some more daily content!

Well, the uproar is because it's a very popular game many people have played and that Patrick has already played through it once.

The latter seems to be much more serious than the former.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#209  Edited By ztiworoh

Wow, shocked by the reaction here. This has me excited. I think Patrick is the best addition to the site in a long time, and this is a game worth revisiting. Shocked by all of the anger and entitlement here.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#210  Edited By ThePickle

@Gabriel said:

*Fart noise*

Pretty much this.

No Jeff and Vinny, and the fact that it is not Night Trap make this really uninteresting to me. I'd rather them not do it at all then begrudgedly do one no one wants, in a manner no one wants, just to say they did and get all bitchy when people say it's a bad idea.

SERIOUSLY GUYS, NIGHT TRAP. That video of Jeff and Ryan playing Night Trap is a goddamn lie. Unless we can settle whatever Gamespot/Jeff/Giant Bomb beef exists (if it even does) and get TT Ep 2 on the internet, or have them make a new video that people can actually see, I will be spamming every thread regarding the ER with the Night Trap theme.

You have been warned.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#211  Edited By Icemael

Guess I won't be watching this Endurance Run. Not only do I find Chrono Trigger mediocre and boring in almost every regard, I also don't see how commentary for that game could be anywhere near as entertaining as that of previous Endurance Runs, even if Jeff and Vinny were the ones playing. Ryan and Patrick... I'm not sure I'd watch an Endurance Run with those guys even if the game was ideal.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Great! I never played that game and have always wanted to know more about this much loved title. This is perfect! Might even play along with them.

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Hameyadea

A Ryan/Patrick ER sounds intresting, I'll have to wait for it until I'll get to actually see them play before I'll make any comment though. BTW, who will play the game?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By bybeach

@ztiworoh said:

Wow, shocked by the reaction here. This has me excited. I think Patrick is the best addition to the site in a long time, and this is a game worth revisiting. Shocked by all of the anger and entitlement here.

You mean after paying membership? And entitlement is getting to be one of the most overused words of the year. if it's anger I do not support that myself. If it's expressing an opinion, I'll do that all day. I know it won't make a diff. But i cannot feel the ER has lost meaning. I will appreciatte the 2 guys out of 5 who can rise to the ocassion, though. Hell, I might even like an old classic jrpg, in and of itself.

IDK....just suprised.

Shady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#215  Edited By Shady

Weak sauce.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Hameyadea said:

A Ryan/Patrick ER sounds intresting, I'll have to wait for it until I'll get to actually see them play before I'll make any comment though. BTW, who will play the game?

Ryan will be playing. : )

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By bacongames

Personally I have no interest in SNES RPG's which is what makes the game choice disappointing. Additionally Chrono Trigger is kind of a known quantity so it feels less like an exploration and more of a retread. However having never seen or played Chrono Trigger this would be useful to me. Chances are though that once Ryan and Patrick get in the chair and commit to this shit people are going to turn around, me included. I just don't know how much I can tolerate SNES graphics and storytelling for that long.

Color me interested only because it's an ER. Otherwise I wouldn't give a shit.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#218  Edited By Red

Perhaps the greatest JRPG of all time, although I would be lying if I said I didn't expect something more niche and quirky.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#219  Edited By WickedCestus

In this thread:

Entitlement.

:D

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#220  Edited By greennoodles

I get the feeling that instead of the "I can't believe this is happening" moments from past ER's, it will be way more "oh I remember this". That combined with the pairing (at least was hoping for some Vinny) equals an ER I unfortunately couldn't care less about.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Grimluck343

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I'm thrilled because it's so awesome, I'm a bit sad it won't be some weird niche game.

Also sad that it's not Jeff and Vinny.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By ProfessorK

I to am a bit disappointed it's not a niche game. But, since I never finished the game myself it should be interesting to watch, although I'd prefer Chrono Cross :P

Hameyadea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Hameyadea

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hameyadea said:

So will still see someone who hasn't played through playing for the 1st time, with an adviser. Kinda like the Deadly Premonition ERs. I can't wait for it to start! I've heard that they'll they start around mid/late November, any idea if it's true?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Hameyadea said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Hameyadea said:

So will still see someone who hasn't played through playing for the 1st time, with an adviser. Kinda like the Deadly Premonition ERs. I can't wait for it to start! I've heard that they'll they start around mid/late November, any idea if it's true?

It's confirmed to be before the end of the year. : )

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Chrono Trigger isn't really the kind of game that you can just fool around and find surprises in. There are some awesome parts but it's pretty linear in that respect. Such a strange choice.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By soldierg654342

Talk about out of left field. I'll probably treat it like the grind-y P4 episodes; as background noise unless is sounds like something interesting happening.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Milkman

The part that gets me is when has Giant Bomb video content ever let you down before? I mean, really. When has a video feature, besides MAYBE the Farmville thing, ever been a disappointment? They'll make it work. Calm down. There's a reason why I pay these guys because their shit is always top notch. I wouldn't be a subscriber if it wasn't. So, if they do it and it turns out like garbage, feel free to complain. But until then, I'll have some faith and wait and see.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#228  Edited By Animasta

@Milkman: just because it might be cool doesn't mean people can't be dissappointed by lack of vinny, or lack of a quirky game

shoulda been Earthbound

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Animasta said:

@Milkman: just because it might be cool doesn't mean people can't be dissappointed by lack of vinny, or lack of a quirky game

shoulda been Earthbound

As Jeff said, he doesn't want to become the site who Endurance Run's Atlus games..But I feel like watching Ryan and Patrick trying to make their way through Persona 3 would've been potentially amazing.

That might just be me though.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By pw2566ch

Members only?

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By kuz101

God damn, the sense of entitlement in here is off the charts. Just be fucking glad they're doing another one. They have left less than subtle hints that they are tired of these ER's. I, for one, am excited as hell for another giant bomb ER.

Also, have you seen either the Rise of Nightmares quick look or the Wavy Tubeman Chronicles quick look? Ryan and Patrick can work well together.

Lucidforest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#232  Edited By Lucidforest

@Venatio said:

*yawn*...never played Chrono Trigger or even looked at it...seriously dissapointed

K...

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Cloudenvy

@kuz101: I don't really think it's a sense of entitlement as much as it is people expressing disappointment in here. : )

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Welp, at least I don't care if it's subscriber only content anymore.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By SlightConfuse

i was hopeing for a game with voice acting i can see them skiping dialogue real fast

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@slightconfuse said:

i was hopeing for a game with voice acting i can see them skiping dialogue real fast

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By kuz101

@Cloudenvy: I just think after 150 great Persona 4 episodes, and having two different run-throughs of Deadly Premonition, people were expecting something on that scale again. Not all of the comments here have that sentiment, but some comments here have reinforced that belief.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Awesome, I'm sure it'll be great.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By fjordson

Big let down. The game is an okay choice I guess, but Ryan and Patrick pales in comparison to Jeff and Vinny. Even Ryan and Vinny would be much better, really not a fan of Patrick in videos.

Oh well. I'm sure some people out there will enjoy this.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By Cloudenvy

@kuz101 said:

@Cloudenvy: I just think after 150 great Persona 4 episodes, and having two different run-throughs of Deadly Premonition, people were expecting something on that scale again. Not all of the comments here have that sentiment, but some comments here have reinforced that belief.

Well, I don't necessarily think that it has something do with scale, but more a quirky game that not a lot of people have played..Which you know, too bad if you expected that.

But the fact that Patrick has already gone through the game just kind of...Goes against the nature of the Endurance Run in a weird way, if you know what I mean. : )

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By RoyCampbell

Yeah, no. 

Looks like we couldn't even try this time with making separate teams, even. Seems like this is happening just to get people to shut their traps about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so incredibly not remotely interested in this it is painful.

kuz101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By kuz101

@Cloudenvy: I can understand that. Personally, I am just super excited for more daily giant bomb content.

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By RoyCampbell
@Fjordson said:

Even Ryan and Vinny would be much better, really not a fan of Patrick in videos.

"We've got a new guy comin' in to post the news and write editorials. Awesome, right? Also, he'll do quick looks, be in the Bombcast, do reviews, you name it."

After Alex Navarro's on-video departure and then Patrick's arrival, I feel like shit for having been an Alex hater because my god Patrick is the worst.
Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#245  Edited By Mystyr_E

Heh, wow

People DEMANDED a new Endurance Run for months, they get one

But apparently it's the wrong team, and the wrong game. I knew this would happen.

Why even bother doing an ER?

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By fjordson

@RoyCampbell said:

@Fjordson said:

Even Ryan and Vinny would be much better, really not a fan of Patrick in videos.

"We've got a new guy comin' in to post the news and write editorials. Awesome, right? Also, he'll do quick looks, be in the Bombcast, do reviews, you name it." After Alex Navarro's on-video departure and then Patrick's arrival, I feel like shit for having been an Alex hater because my god Patrick is the worst.

Yeah, I've never been a big fan. Even back in his 1UP days. He's a fine writer, but I don't have any interest in watching and/or listening to him.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Cloudenvy

@kuz101 said:

@Cloudenvy: I can understand that. Personally, I am just super excited for more daily giant bomb content.

Good for you duder! I hope you enjoy it! : )

polarbearadept

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By polarbearadept

I don't understand the complaints. I'm happy with any new content the guys come up with. I'm really looking forward to it since I've never played Chrono Trigger.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Aw, people picking on Patrick because he's the new guy. How elementary.

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By sungahymn

Chrono Trigger is a great game, but I played it so many times that watching other people playing it will be a bit boring, not to mention frustrating.

Ryan and Patrick, huh? Let's see if that combination will be the saving grace. Probably not.

I'm probably so negative about this partly because I wanted a Dark Souls endurance run. And without anyone besides the four main guys. I mean, c'mon. Patrick is a great guy and all, but people want Ryan, Brad, Jeff, and Vinny. Especially Vinny and Jeff. The annoyance of the main guys for the ER's is really jarring.

Also, Ryan will most likely complain throughout each episode.

Sorry, I'm rambling. No offense to anyone. But really you guys, you need to do better than this.