The next game you plan to buy

• 130 results
glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, Mafia 3 is apparently coming out next week to my surprise, so that might be a thing for me...otherwise I just continue playing Legion, I suppose, now that WoW has it's grip on me again.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Tried out the Dragon Quest Builders demo yesterday and enjoyed it, so it's that one for me.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bill_mcneal

Next one on my list is probably going to be Dragon Quest Builders. I may wait until reviews hit, however. I like what I've seen so far, but I really don't want to drop $60 if it's a shallow experience. After that the only thing I can think of is Gears of War 4, but I'll probably wait a while for that one, I've got some things to finish before GOTY.

bill_mcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleshoo said:

Tried out the Dragon Quest Builders demo yesterday and enjoyed it, so it's that one for me.

....holy crap, there's a demo?!

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Here are the next few games I'm thinking of buying, up to the first one that I'm 100% sure I'll get. October is going to be a busy gaming month.

• (Oct 7) Mafia III - 25% chance that I'll buy it; looks like it'll live up to the previous Mafia games, including having ambitious and mature story ideas; the main dealbreaker is if it has Denuvo, which sadly I expect it will, in which case I'll GameFly it rather than buy it
  • (Oct 7) The Silver Case - 50% chance that I'll buy it; on the downside, I've never liked straight adventure games as much as I want to, but on the upside, I do really appreciate Suda's earlier games (Killer7 & No More Heroes) for all the really wild and interesting things they do
  • (Oct 11) Duke3D Anniversay Edition - 75% chance that I'll buy it; one of my guilty pleasures is 90's PC shooters like Duke3D, and I'm interested in the new content from the original devs and the dev commentary; I wish it was slightly cheaper though
  • (Oct 13) Shadow Warrior 2 - 100% chance that I'll buy it; Diablo and a run-and-gun FPS are two things I've always enjoyed and wanted to see properly combined, and I also love Flying Wild Hog, so even if SW2 disappoints, I'm still happy to support such customer-friendly devs
Immunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Immunity

Civilization VI is a lock in for sure, as long as it isn't a total garbage fire at launch. I'll also most likely pick up Battlefield 1 as well as long as reviews are alright. I enjoyed the beta a lot more than I expected to. Not sure how I'll juggle my time between the two since they launch on the same day, but I'll figure it out.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Next few games I know that I am going to buy for sure are The Silver Case and Dishonored 2, probably both day one. Persona 5 early in the next year.

Titanfall 2 is currently sitting at a 30-40% chance, especially depending on post-release reviews and what friends are getting it.

Shadow Warrior 2 is sitting at 70-80%. It's priced nicely, but the amount of other games coming out (together with the fact that my exams will be 1-16th November) means that I might just hold off for a while.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just bought the game that yesterday I was pretty sure I was going to get eventually. DOOM was on sale today for half-off so I grabbed it. Other than that, nothing in the near future. In the far future, Death Stranding, but we have no idea what that even is, so I''m not even 100% on that.

If I had a PS4 I'd probably get FFXV; but I can see myself getting a Pro within the next year or two.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Shadow Warrior 2, maybe Battlefield 1, definitely Dishonored 2.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Dishonored 2, probably. But I feel like I'm less interested now than I was a few months ago.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Gear of War 4. I just want to see where it's dumb story goes. (I hope it's stupid if it tries to be all deep i'm going to be pissed)

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hayt

Barring a total launch day melt-down (and I'm not ruling that out) I'll probably buy Battlefield 1. After that it's Dishonored 2 then I'm done for the year.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Are we talking New Releases only?

If so probably nothing

• unless I get my hands on a PS4 (then I'd get FFXV at launch).
  • I'd get Dragon Quest Builders if it's compatible with PS Tv, but I don't think it's going to be.
  • maybe Paper Mario:Color Splash
  • maybe Dishonored 2 (but I'd need to actually play my copy of 1 first)
  • maybe Mafia III, but am in no hurry to get that one.

If we are talking anything I just picked up Metroid II: retrun of Samus and I've got my eye on a few other old games as well as some recent stuff from earlier this year that will hopefully go on sale (Dark Souls 3 and the Witness) at the holidays

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Nioh/Horizon for new releases, Nioh is going to be solid, it could be very poorly balanced but in the end it'll still be a decent souls game regardless. Has a shot at being better than Demon's Souls/Dark Souls 3. Horizon because Guerrilla only makes good games.

On Black Friday: Tomb Raider on PS4, Doom, possibly Hitman. I'll probably be too lazy to go to the store this year unless Amazon's deals get even shittier. Also I make more money off of games than I spend on them so it feels a bit miserly to be worried about 5 bucks even as a frugal bastard.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am very interested in Mafia 3 but I have to wait on reviews for that, and to see how it runs on Xbox One, where I'd rather play it. Recently most games have run pretty well so I'm optimistic.

I am also getting Playstation VR because I am a dummy so I will pick up at least Rez to go with that.

However I really shouldn't be buying anything because I am probably going to just be playing Forza Horizon 3 for the next month, with maybe some Gears of War 4 thrown in there. Oh and if Titanfall 2 turns out great I may have to get that because I loved the first one so much.

Man, this is a packed holiday season. We are definitely in the thick of this console generation. There are a bunch of other games I have interest in, like Dishonored 2 and Battlefield 1, and even the new COD looks neat, but...

And I just saw that Vermintide is coming to console, which is a game I have had my eye on.

Watch_Dogs 2 and Dead Rising 4 are just going to have to wait. And I don't know WHY the Batman remasters and Skyrim are re-releasing into the teeth of this holiday. I MIGHT have time to dig into Skyrim Remastered by next summer. Or, I guess, if I lose my job; but that would curtail my game buying significantly, and I have enough of a backlog to get me through a very long time.

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to my losing interest in shooters, the November rush doesn't look super exciting to me. I probably won't buy another game this year, which is a first for me. Come the end of January, though, Yakuza 0 will come out and I'll buy that both because it looks good, and because I want to encourage the localization of Yakuza 6.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rhythm Paradise Megamix on October 21 when it finally gets released in Europe.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Civ VI bring it.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Persona 5 I guess. I'm not good at tracking launch dates. Games always find a way into my life though.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Quest HD on iPad. I have been longing for a good turn-based first person RPG lately. I owned all the SSI pcRPG's back in the day and had fond memories of them. From what I hear The Quest is a worthy successor, even though it isn't D&D.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By FacelessVixen

Probably Forza Horizon 3 since my PC is just good enough to run it now and I'll be upgrading during the holiday season. I'm not really inclined to pay $60 for a racing game these days, but I'll pay $60 for a big-ass racing game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

civ 6. im going to tell myself beyond that, if i feel like trying something new ill look at my steam library of 350 games and just PICK ONE.

shiro2809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I currently have these pre-ordered, not sure if I'll be grabbing anything between Dishonored 2 or Horizon just yet though.

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkuni (Vita) (Oct. 11)

Dishonored 2 (ps4) (Nov. 11)

Horizon: Zero Dawn (Ps4) (2017)

Nier Automata (2017)

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought a PS2 off of a friend (the only PS I never owned, not counting handhelds), so I'm probably going to start cultivating a library while waiting for price drops on some current games that have my attention. There are a number of games I've wanted to get around to for years, or simply revisit. But yeah, my next buy will more than likely be Killer 7.

(unless, you know, I hit the video game lottery and one of the second-hand shops around here has Rule Of Rose for 10 bucks or something)

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Forza Horizon 3 since my PC is just good enough to run it now and I'll be upgrading during the holiday season. I'm not really inclined to pay $60 for a racing game these days, but I'll pay $60 for a big-ass racing game.

hope when you get it it actually boots up for you. <_<

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on rimworld.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LeStephan

Toooo many! Earliest game I'd like to buy is mafia 3 but like Bigsocrates im getting the ps vr so you could say that pretty much takes up this months gaming budget for me and then some haha. I'd also love to get shadow warrior 2 but yeah, that and mafia 3 'll just have to wait a little while.

Already have a physical copy of rez infinite ordered through iam8bit and I hope thumper is up for purchase at launch in the European psn store. Bound is another one im going to buy when I have the psvr. I can probably buy 1 full price psvr game as well but rigs + battlezone dont look like they'd be worth the 60 euros to me. Battlezone at least looks like a really stylish game to be in.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Persona 5 is the nearest guaranteed purchase, but if people really go crazy for Mafia 3 or Dishonored 2 we'll see.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa
deactivated-63d5c454eb6aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may buy 100 ft Robot Golf. I loved Shadow of the Colossus so much that I'll grab The Last Guardian unless it's unplayable. Maybe Tomb Raider on PS4, but the first one gave me real bad motion sickness. Persona 5 for sure.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JJBSterling

Infinite Warfare is a guaranteed buy for me it's the only game I have preordered right now.

As for games that come out before that, I want to stay hopeful about Titanfall 2 but I hated my time with the beta, I liked BF1's beta but don't know if I want to buy it immediately on release because it's a week before Infinite Warfare and not sure how many of my friends are going to buy it day one (seriously though, what's with the three biggest shooters this year coming out within three weeks of each other?)

I hope Mafia III is good but I don't see myself getting it right away either. After those I think the next almost guaranteed buy for me is Dishonored 2. I haven't watched the Unfinished yet but I adored the first game so I have high hopes.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Release is two weeks away. Since I don't own a Xbox One or a good enough PC, this will be my first chance to play it.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably pick up Civ VI when it comes out. Other than that, there's no upcoming game that have caught my interest. Probably because I have some serious RPG cravings right now and there's nothing super huge coming out on that front. Maybe I'll just play through the Witcher 3 again.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was supposed to be Battlefield 1 but the beta gave me doubts. It didn't have any Battlefield teamplay features and complexity, just run and gun.

Will wait and see.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gears of War 4. Not entirely sure if I want Mafia 3 yet, only because I didn't go through the first two. I couldn't get into the archaic feel and look of the first on the original Xbox years ago, and wanted to play the the second, so played the demo on and off, but when I finally got my hands on it when it was free on Gold, I got several hours into it (some time into the '50s), and it just didn't interest me, so I quit. That was unfortunate. It had a good start, but got pretty boring to me later on. I kind of want to go back, but I'd rather wait for it on backwards compatible, and hope it's on there before three. I don't really want to play the 360 anymore.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DharmaBum

I'm limiting myself to Gears 4 and Dishonored 2 for the rest of the year.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Gears of War 4 for sure, then I need to decide between BF1 and Titanfall or nothing until November.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I bought Shadow Warrior 2 on steam today, next game is probably Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm eyeing the early acces for Divinity Original Sin 2. I'm sure it will be great but it will only let you play the first area which amounts to 10 hours of game so I think I'm going to hold off for now. Mafia 3 is definitely on my radar as well so I hope they don't screw pup the PC release.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Civ VI for sure. Mafia 3 on the list as well if it reviews well and if I'm bored of Forza Horizon 3 and NBA2k17 by then. FIFA 17 would be on my list if I wasn't already occupied with loads of games.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Dragonquest Builders? Looking forward to it. Didn't know anything about it other than "like minecraft but with some structure" and that's right up my alley. Played the demo which helped narrow down my expectations and I'm looking forward to getting it, already pre-ordered.

• Gears of War 4 (If it turns out to be good/new/different then I might pick this up)
  • World of Final Fantasy (I thiiiink I'm going to get this. It could be really dumb or neat)
  • Call of Duty (Maaaaaybe. I usually have no interest in any of these games. But maybe this one looks more interesting/less same-y? And if it supports the PS4 Pro then that is another reason)
  • The Last Guardian (already pre-ordered)

So that new Mafia game is coming out? I don't know anything about it really. Enjoyed the first Mafia game. Maybe if this one gets good buzz.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By militantfreudian

Either XCOM 2 or Dishonored 2; whichever one goes on sale first. I'm also planning on getting Stardew Valley again on PS4.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Teddie

I'm keeping an eye on World of Final Fantasy. I can get it relatively cheap compared to most new releases and it seems neat, but for the most part I'm done buying games on release this year. Maybe FFXV if I get caught up in the hype, but after XIII it's gonna be a fuckingdifficult sell.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Forza Horizon 3 and I'm getting Yokai Watch 2 today. Also, I currently have Valkyrie Drive, Root Letter, Steins;Gate 0, Mafia 3, Gears 4, World of Final Fantasy, Dishonored 2, and The Last Guardian on preorder.

Probably gonna get some other stuff too, like Civ 6, Dragon Quest Builders, Call of Duty, Watch Dogs 2, FFXV, and Gravity Rush 2.

I may have a problem. >_<

SamanthaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Im thinking about buying Dishonored 2 and im also thinking about buying Stardew Valley because the game looks interesting and theres lots to do in it.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mafia 3!