The next step in the handheld gaming revolution is coming via...Soulja Boy

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Apparently Soulja Boy is going to crank it with a new handheld device and gaming console featuring:

No Caption Provided

I don't even know what some of those acronyms stand for! The listing for the SouljaGame console is even more bizarre as I guess they're using Tomb Raider to advertise it.

This is all extremely bizarre but I'm assuming someone over there is just rebranding Chinese crapware, which is probably fine insofar as that goes, but it's the inclusion of games that other people own that's going to get him in trouble, I suspect. I'd have to assume this is some business manager of his trying to make a quick buck, but it's weird nonetheless!

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Greg

This has to be bullcrap. It lists PS Vita, Switch and 3DS. It doesn't even have sticks or a second screen.

I'm tempted to buy one and report back...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@the_greg: They sell for half the price on ALiexpress

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

This looks sketchy as fuck.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Ace Reporter Patrick "Scoops" Klepek has already gotten on the case.

But yeah, this has to be some sort of illegal, right? Also, the emulation on these things probably isn't that good, right? Weird. So weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Perfect and Fluent

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Greg

Hahahaha. I fucking love this shit. There should be a video series on GB that is dedicated to testing/reviewing this trash.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Crank Dat Lawsuit!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I hope Nintendo Sega and all the other companies with ™©®trademarks and copyright infringed go after Soulja Boy with a vengeance. Not because this was stupid, but because he was charging 60% above the costs on Wish or AliExpress, he is cheating customers with a product who legality in the US is pretty much ca t& dry infringing. Cheating customers though, that should make people mad not laugh.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These is a clone console from china and the only reason China can get away with this us because of the laws there. I've actually seen the handheld one before, as weird ass bootlegs are something I am always am amused by. Selling this console in the U.S. is a bag of worms that can and will likely end in million of dollars in lawsuits from major corporations.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nintendo are going after SB, with the potential for 10 years in jail for Copyright shit.

So because he's a a celeb, he'll pay a $100 fine. America is a joke

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he boasted about making $250,000 of those consoles. Which I will point out again, he was charging 60% MORE than Aliexpress for these drop-ship tire-fire consoles! That means he cheated about 2,000 of people so far, and that number will rise. What is worse, I don't think there are "identifying marks" on these units, there is no SB logo or writing. People will just get dropped ship junk from China. So these devices won't even have "joke value" or "I have a real SB console" because anyone could buy one off Aliexpress and just make a fake shipping receipt. So there is not even some "obscure hardware" value to these.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Even more bullshit. Order now!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How has this shit not been shut down yet??

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Nintendo took some action over the weekend. Soulja is being closed lipped but his website for souljagames.com leads nowhere, and yesterday people said it had redirect to Nintendo.

I think it is a bit of an anticlimax that Soulja was not swatted down more publicly; but my guess is Nintendo was actually not trying to "Streisand effect" any of this mess. They don't want any splash back so I better Soulja and his business team (if he even has one) was told very strongly that their site will go away, their desire to sell products like this is OVER, and that if they speak of this a lawsuit will bury Soulja. Then again Soulja seems not to have the advice of a good lawyer, or didn't before this, so he will mess-up again soon.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Soulja is back at it. This time his storefront just left off the image of games off and does and does not list any number of games. All the same infringing games ARE on these systems, thus Nintendo and Sega will have an interest in stopping this.

It is a very interesting legal question how a store front on Amazon can sell these system and Soulja cannot, but the question on if these infringing is "open and shut" that they do infringe. I think what this will lead to is merely Amazon not allowing store front from these drop ship Chinese companies from existing, meaning it just take a buyer going to Aliexpress or WISH to get them. I suspect Soulja will get yet another cease and desist letter, if not a lawsuit.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: o jeez will he ever learn, i bought 100 sports sunglasses once on aliexpress for a few bucks he should start selling those, there's no harm in selling fake cheap non oakleys.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soulcake said:

@monkeyking1969: o jeez will he ever learn, i bought 100 sports sunglasses once on aliexpress for a few bucks he should start selling those, there's no harm in selling fake cheap non oakleys.

No Caption Provided

I have to agree, he need to stick to fake iWatchs, fake Beats Headphones, and a few other things.

Either that or Giant Bomb should buy up 1,000 Bluetooth beanie winter hats for $4 from Aliexpress, then embroidered them with "Crank That Soulja Boy!" to be sold for $28.

Avatar image for conky_samsquanch
Conky_Samsquanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_greg: I would love to see Dan be stuck playing garbage on a garbage machine.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By soulcake

This keeps getting better now Soujaboy says he's website was hacked, (currently offline, probably for legal reasons) This story is way to funny can't wait for the next weird thing. (Ex Cameraman hacked my site).

./l33tsouljahax

georgeorwell11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By georgeorwell11

Are they still available now cuz i would be really happy to purchase this one to my collection. Where are u usually buying stuffs btw. Do u collect smth on all this thematic? You can find some rlly interesting items just like this one - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001114386792.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7ce612eal3OK40&algo_pvid=null&algo_expid=null&btsid=0b0a555d16195518750286102edaf9&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ In case you would like to purchase smth on the Aliexpress you may use some tools that will show u the best offers by the trusted sellers. U can check it up here https://alitools.io/en. GL =]]