Avatar image for man_with_no_name
Man_With_No_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Man_With_No_Name

Is anyone else flipping out about this game?  Ive been waiting for 8 years since KOTOR 2 and im starting to loose it, the only star wars game since then (of note) has been The Force Unleashed...which sucked. 
Anyone have any comments on what they wanna see, like weather jedi/sith should be a choose-able class or weather they should go the Star wars Galexies aproach (pre-patch.) 
Also, what do you guys think about the whole multiple endings in instances thing?

Jake_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jake_K

I don't know much about the game, but how is combat going to work with a lightsaber? Is it just going to be your bread and butter mmo formula where you will just be hitting each other in the face with lightsabers for a minute straight? Also, isn't like... everyone just going to be a Jedi/Sith if that was a choosable class? I can't imagine anyone not being one of those or a bounty hunter.

I don't know, maybe I'm just down on MMO's, but I'm not as excited as I think I should be. :(

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I'd LIKE them to go how SWG was SUPPOSED to be.  When SWG started they DID NOT have Jedi implemented at all.  If it had worked out, that would have been awesome though.  Make Jedi the true elite, let Bounty Hunters track them down and perma death them.  Make Jedis have to abide by all sorts of crazy rules.

However, this will be KOTOR, and a modern MMO, so basically everyone's going to be one of these badass clasesses from the start, except they'll be wailing away with their lightsabers on womp rats or some shit.

Man_With_No_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Man_With_No_Name

I hope not, keep in mind that in KOTOR, you do not start out as a force sensitive charecter.  So hopefully they will take the lesson from those games and keep the trend going.  The only way to make the jedi/sith a usable starting class would be to make them much weaker than they should be, otherwise a fight between a smuggler and a jedi would be stupid.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Diamond: Maybe I'm missreading what you said, but Jedi's were part of the OGSWG, but you couldn't pick one as a class.  Anyone who put forth the time and effort could be a jedi.  But it was no easy task.

Also, I could be wrong, I'm going off of what a friend had told me.  He was about to hit Jedi before the dreaded patch that destroyed the game.  I also know for fact that there were a few other Jedi wandering around at that same time, one hooked me up with some stuff one day out of the blue.  And by few I mean, 2 or 3 others.
Man_With_No_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Man_With_No_Name
@Out_On_Bail said:
" @Diamond: Maybe I'm missreading what you said, but Jedi's were part of the OGSWG, but you couldn't pick one as a class.  Anyone who put forth the time and effort could be a jedi.  But it was no easy task.

Also, I could be wrong, I'm going off of what a friend had told me.  He was about to hit Jedi before the dreaded patch that destroyed the game.  I also know for fact that there were a few other Jedi wandering around at that same time, one hooked me up with some stuff one day out of the blue.  And by few I mean, 2 or 3 others.
"

Yah in SWG becoming a jedi was the grind to end all grinds.  Then they made the game a WoW clone.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Diamond
@Out_On_Bail said:
" @Diamond: Maybe I'm missreading what you said, but Jedi's were part of the OGSWG, but you couldn't pick one as a class.  Anyone who put forth the time and effort could be a jedi.  But it was no easy task.

Jedis weren't a part of SWG at first.  There was a huge controversy at the launch because people eventually figured out that there were no jedis in the game at all when it came out, even though they lead people to believe that if you followed the path you'd unlock it.

If I remember right they didn't even have lightsabers implemented at first because people would find Evil Jedi NPCs and they would be getting hit by 'lightsabers' but there was no lightsaber graphics.

The big game changing patch didn't come for a long time.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By xxNBxx
@Man_With_No_Name said:
"I hope not, keep in mind that in KOTOR, you do not start out as a force sensitive charecter.  So hopefully they will take the lesson from those games and keep the trend going.  The only way to make the jedi/sith a usable starting class would be to make them much weaker than they should be, otherwise a fight between a smuggler and a jedi would be stupid."
Hate to be a stickler but you do start as a force sensitive character in KOTOR, non force sensitive characters can never use the force (aka Han Solo)

The way I see them starting a Jedi character will most likely be a padawan that just knows how to use a light saber, and maybe a non combat force power

I think the Jedi has to be the Glass Cannon of the game otherwise they will be overpowered.  Or at least have a sytem that controls damage output and damage.
So little is really known about how the game will be played it could be anything.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jimbo

I don't mind there being tons of Jedi and Sith running around, I'm sure it will make sense in the KOTOR setting.  We know Jedi and Sith will be extremely popular, so I do think there should be multiple Jedi and Sith classes, just for the sake of forming a balanced group.

I would split Jedi into Guardian, Sentinel, Consular (like KOTOR) and have them stronger in different aspects.  Maybe make Guardian good with a saber put weak with Force, opposite for Sentinel and maybe have Consular as ok at both but with good diplomacy or something.  I don't know how they should do it exactly, but I agree that having the majority of players lumped under a single class will be pretty boring.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By the8bitNacho
@Diamond said:
" I'd LIKE them to go how SWG was SUPPOSED to be.  When SWG started they DID NOT have Jedi implemented at all.  If it had worked out, that would have been awesome though.  Make Jedi the true elite, let Bounty Hunters track them down and perma death them.  Make Jedis have to abide by all sorts of crazy rules.However, this will be KOTOR, and a modern MMO, so basically everyone's going to be one of these badass clasesses from the start, except they'll be wailing away with their lightsabers on womp rats or some shit. "
Perma death for an MMO character is just a retarded, retarded, RETARDED idea.  Never.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond
@Kombat said:
Perma death for an MMO character is just a retarded, retarded, RETARDED idea.  Never. "
I think that's the way jedi should be.  If everyone can be jedi, then no one is jedi.  The Jedi players would be looked up to or hated.  They'd be extremely powerful and rare.

But really I guess everyone wants to be jedi, and concepts such as permadeath is too hardcore for modern gamers.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By the8bitNacho
@Diamond said:
"
@Kombat said:
Perma death for an MMO character is just a retarded, retarded, RETARDED idea.  Never. "
I think that's the way jedi should be.  If everyone can be jedi, then no one is jedi.  The Jedi players would be looked up to or hated.  They'd be extremely powerful and rare.But really I guess everyone wants to be jedi, and concepts such as permadeath is too hardcore for modern gamers. "
Yeah.  Everyone wants to be a Jedi.  It's true.  That's why everyone CAN be a Jedi if they want.  It's a selling point.  The game was purposely set in a time period where it makes sense for a few thousand Jedi to be running around.

And perma-death is too hardcore?  More like too masochistic.  I have something like 200 days played on WoW (granted I don't play anymore) and if my character died and was fucking ERASED after I paid to play for that much time...well, words can't even describe how furious I'd be.  MMO's aren't just games.  They're a ridiculous time investment that should be rewarding, not punishing.  Perma death is stupid.  And that's about as factual as an opinionated statement can get.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

Well like KOTOR, you probably don't have any force powers or a lightsaber when you start and you will get them later on as you progress.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By giyanks22
@Man_With_No_Name said:
" Is anyone else flipping out about this game?  Ive been waiting for 8 years since KOTOR 2 and im starting to loose it, the only star wars game since then (of note) has been The Force Unleashed...which sucked.  Anyone have any comments on what they wanna see, like weather jedi/sith should be a choose-able class or weather they should go the Star wars Galexies aproach (pre-patch.)  Also, what do you guys think about the whole multiple endings in instances thing? "
8 years.....um dude KOTOR 2 came out in 2005.....
2009-2005 = 4 years...
Yeah I mean I want it badly too, but your off by a lot...
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Diamond
@Kombat said:
Yeah.  Everyone wants to be a Jedi.  It's true.  That's why everyone CAN be a Jedi if they want.  It's a selling point.  The game was purposely set in a time period where it makes sense for a few thousand Jedi to be running around.And perma-death is too hardcore?  More like too masochistic.  I have something like 200 days played on WoW (granted I don't play anymore) and if my character died and was fucking ERASED after I paid to play for that much time...well, words can't even describe how furious I'd be.  MMO's aren't just games.  They're a ridiculous time investment that should be rewarding, not punishing.  Perma death is stupid.  And that's about as factual as an opinionated statement can get. "
Should gamers prefer selling points over what they really want?  Personally I'd rather there be jedi that I'd never get to play as than play as a regular generic jedi in a MMO.  There was something really captivating about being a lowly robot maker and hunter in Star Wars Galaxies with the hopes of being a Bounty Hunter one day.

Opinions are never facts.  Perma death can be fun.  Maybe the best way they could do it is not rely on grinding and dumb MMO gameplay elements.  I had about 3 months played time on my highest level EQ1 character, and eventually I died in an area it would have been hard to get my stuff back in, so I just quit.  It didn't bother me at all when it happened, I almost felt good about it.  Similar to my SWG progress, I went to Endor with my highest level character and just died there.  That was my entire goal.

I imagine the Jedi in my fantasy MMO would even have a PvP tag on them that not all others would.  Back in the early SWG days there was a rumor that you had to be a 'nice guy' to become a jedi.  No being nasty to people, no going around acting immature or swearing.  I'd implement that too.  Jedi could be your best friend or worst enemy.  Unless you were the best of the best, they could slaughter you instantly.  They'll never make that game, and it's a shame.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By xxNBxx
@Diamond said:
"
@Kombat said:
I think that's the way jedi should be.  If everyone can be jedi, then no one is jedi.  The Jedi players would be looked up to or hated.  They'd be extremely powerful and rare.But really I guess everyone wants to be jedi, and concepts such as permadeath is too hardcore for modern gamers."

Really sit there and think, would you want to play any game where you spend dozens of hours building up a character only to loss him to a glich or other factor.  I would like to see your comments after you lost a character.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Diamond
@xxNBxx said:
Really sit there and think, would you want to play any game where you spend dozens of hours building up a character only to loss him to a glich or other factor.  I would like to see your comments after you lost a character. "
There's not much chance of me playing ANY MMO, so no.  But someone would, and that person is a jedi.
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Icil

I don't know about perma-death, but I think that they should die in one blaster hit. They've only got robes.

<- 1hp

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Systech
@Icil said:
" I don't know about perma-death, but I think that they should die in one blaster hit. They've only got robes. "
THE FORCE
metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By metal_mills

It's been 5 years since Kotor 2, not 8.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By KindGalaxy

if it's got a sex scene like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 or romance scenes like Baldur's Gate 2 with prospects of sex then I'm all in. I wanna do an ewok, in a bounty hunter suit.