The Playstation Fiesta Bowl

berfunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By berfunkle

I'm not much of a college football fan, but I can't help watching this game. On the football field, there are several Playstation logos. Not to mention several PS5 banners surrounding the stadium.

Haven't seen any Playstation commercials, but I'm sure they're incoming. I wonder if Xbox sponsors any sporting events?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

For the folk that haven't seen the playstation commercials they air around the Champions League.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 brian_  Online

Microsoft has that deal, I think they still do anyways, with the NFL to have all the teams use their Microsoft Surface tablets on the sidelines. Not as flashy as a field logo, but if you look close enough, you'll see that stuff everywhere.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Ginormous76
@brian_ said:

Microsoft has that deal, I think they still do anyways, with the NFL to have all the teams use their Microsoft Surface tablets on the sidelines. Not as flashy as a field logo, but if you look close enough, you'll see that stuff everywhere.

And yet, when Tom Brady threw & broke his surface in frustration, every joke was "Tom Brady throws an iPad."

Note: I knew they all use Surfaces, just found it amusing how even with that, Surface isn't thought about.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

And yet, when Tom Brady threw & broke his surface in frustration, every joke was "Tom Brady throws an iPad."

Note: I knew they all use Surfaces, just found it amusing how even with that, Surface isn't thought about.

I think that instance is more akin togenericization, or how people say Scotch Tap® not celephane tape, Dumpster® not waste container, or Band-Aid® not adhersive bandage. The process of genericization is part of most product lines. People will just say iPad when when they see any computer device bigger than a smartphone. Just as every small tape player was a WalkMan, people will say will say, "Ha that person just threw their iPad - LOL!"